Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Famine Poodle
Jul 16, 2011

I have seen all, I have heard all, I have forgotten all.
For all you guys wanting to watch the original series without all the filler, check out Sailor Moon Essentials.

http://animania.eclectic-world.com/post.cfm/sailor-moon-essential-episodes

I rewatched the series a while ago using this, and it doesn't feel like anything is missing at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famine Poodle
Jul 16, 2011

MadRhetoric posted:

where the gently caress did Lita come from?

I read somewhere that it's a play on "lightning."

Famine Poodle
Jul 16, 2011

No way. Promise of the Rose was the best movie by far.

Famine Poodle
Jul 16, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Guys, Sailor Jupiter is obviously the most talented Sailor Scout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMN0oJdEC9Y

Edit: Oh God that clip has Melvin in it. gently caress you, Melvin. You wonderful goon.

Yeah...she has the most "talent"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65rHgAu48Ag

Famine Poodle
Jul 16, 2011

Speaking of epicness, I just found this:

[url] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8dXOz_XZL8&feature=youtube_gdata_player [/url]

I'm really liking the liberties they took with the translation.

Famine Poodle
Jul 16, 2011

She also had Flower Hurricane in the live action. Her colouring is very woody too. Brown and green with a little bit of pink for flowers.

Famine Poodle
Jul 16, 2011

Pimpmust posted:

Watching up to ep 26 for the first time myself (other than catching the occasional ep back during ~youth~) and I can't help but giggle every time AmuroMaskerade Rosen Tuxedo Kamen pops up to save the day when the main cast fucks up.
Best save so far was when he popped up out of loving nowhere in a magical black hole dimension to be a Bus driver and chain-pulled 3 buses full of people out of there before giving his usual motivational speech and disappearing.

*Honk*

:iia:

If you enjoy Tuxedo Mask's ridiculous entrances, I recommend watching the Sailor Moon S movie once you get that far in the series.

quote:

Do the other scouts ever get more characterization/development or is the show mainly just Usagi/Mamoru drama + yelling at monsters the whole way through?

Along with the odd episode highlighting them, if I recall correctly the scouts are each focused on a bit in different chunks of the series. I don't remember who is when aside from Venus getting some personality in SuperS. The R movie is good too in that it showcases each of their personal reasons for protecting Usagi, as well as hinting at the qualities that make her someone worth protecting in the first place.

Famine Poodle
Jul 16, 2011

becrumbac posted:

I think I read, years ago, that this was actually something tossed in by Kunihiko Ikuhara when he was doing Sailor Moon. :iiam:

This was one of the episodes he directed, so probably.

Famine Poodle
Jul 16, 2011

The inners sneaking around like cartoons while Michiru and Haruka are so mysterious and fabulous they practically glitter... I'm so okay with this season

Famine Poodle
Jul 16, 2011

Haruka makes me feel things

Famine Poodle
Jul 16, 2011

THAT'S what that is

Famine Poodle
Jul 16, 2011

I miss the old ending :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famine Poodle
Jul 16, 2011

Yeah that was almost unreadable. This episode was really fast paced too.

• Locked thread