Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
planetarial
Oct 19, 2012
:allears: Oh I just love this series. It's idealistic as gently caress but timeless and something I'd show my little nieces if there was a dub that wasn't terrible.

busydelicious posted:

Also, just out of curiosity, how many of you guys bought the recently re-released manga translation of Sailor Moon?

Already bought the entire rerelease of the manga over here (and even though there are a bunch of mistakes in it, it's satisfactory). I'm hyped as hell and glad to own it because I missed out the Mixx/Tokyopop print run. Might even buy the upcoming artbooks depending on the content.

Is the remake confirmed to air this fall or is it pushed back for 2014? Also I hope they adapt everything and don't do just the first arc like the live action version did. Speaking of that...

Insurrectionist posted:

The live action is...special, and has cheap production-values (both of which becomes crystal clear the moment Luna appears as a plushie). However, it's still worth checking out if you're interested because the cast meshes really well. Especially Keiko Kitagawa is amazing (in general, and as Rei specifically).

It's also pretty drat campy and fun and takes some... interesting directions with this series.

I also hope Sailor V gets some kind of animated adaptation. It would fit well as a series of OVAs since it's on the short side.

And Sailor Uranus for best solider, but I liked the entire cast (sans ChibiUsa which I had a love/hate reaction to).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

planetarial
Oct 19, 2012

TK-31 posted:

My question is, should I bother watching it or should I just wait two more years until the remake?

With knowing very little about the remake it's hard to tell. But you can try the manga which is much shorter and condensed (52 chapters).

planetarial
Oct 19, 2012

animeluva1 posted:

Someone is going to rip the stream and subtitle it right. Right? :gbsmith:

Chances are they'll release on DVD/BD sometime down the road and it'll probably get subbed by Miss Dream.

I really hope the reboot series airs, I don't want to get cynical and all but we haven't heard a thing, not even a single promo picture since the initial announcement outside of it being delayed until this winter.

planetarial
Oct 19, 2012

Tender Child Loins posted:

Character info just released!

Highlights: everyone has a clone/daughter! In the future, mikos wear miniskirts! Usagi II has a little sister!

edit: aw drat, I'm an idiot. But I'm glad it's just fanart.

Been there, done it, it's called Parallel Sailor Moon.

planetarial
Oct 19, 2012
Completely unsurprised it got delayed yet again. I'll still remain skeptic until they finally show some new art, a preview or something more solid.

planetarial
Oct 19, 2012

a cartoon duck posted:

Wasn't Naoko extremely disappointed with how the original anime went? If so I can understand why she'd be extremely hands-on with Sailor Moon's revival.

I'm not entirely sure, but I do remember she was unhappy about some of the changes Toei made with the first anime adaptation, such as changing the Starlights from crossdressers to magical genderbenders.

planetarial
Oct 19, 2012

Rudoku posted:

I thought it was Toei screwing it up to keep the Japanese from just importing a cheaper box set.

I thought by the time those came out, Japan already released their own DVDs in much better quality while Geneon had to use the old original masters?

planetarial
Oct 19, 2012
Count me in as another person disappointed in the choice for CG during the transformation.

Also if I'm not mistaken, isn't Princess Serenity's hair color suppose to be silver and not blonde like Usagi's in the manga?

planetarial
Oct 19, 2012
This was pretty great except for the already mentioned issues regarding the official translation (which I can't believe they would allow something like that to pass QC) and CG transformation. And Kotone felt like she was almost straining her voice at times. Also I loved the eyecatches since they reminded me of Utena's style.

planetarial
Oct 19, 2012

Tree Huffer posted:

Was there a reason they decided to make Mamoru be in college while Usagi was still in junior high school in the anime? It totally upped the creepy factor for their relationship.

If I recall correctly they even kept this in the dub which is really bizarre given how heavily censored everything else is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

planetarial
Oct 19, 2012
There's a full version of Moon Pride up that has clips from upcoming episodes, most of the rest of the girl's transformation sequences and one awkward as gently caress CGi walking sequence.

• Locked thread