Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

aers posted:

Viz just got the English license for the entire original show. On Blu-Ray.

I've got no words~

Oh god it's everything I ever wanted in life :stare:

So glad to see SM getting such a huge revival Stateside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

CHiRAL posted:

That mouth style annoys the hell out of me

Yeah, I think that's what's bothering me the most so far. It's almost like a deviantArt idea of what Anime mouths are supposed to look like. Which is sad because I love almost everything else about the art so far except their faces.

I do love that Usagi is still a fat kid at heart, though.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Yeah, this is really great so far, I think. I'm still not liking the coloring, which I think is what's throwing off everybody about the animation. The backgrounds, movements, even Usagi's expressions this episode were really nice but the weird airbrushing to make shadows looks... odd? Especially after Usagi's intro in the first episode, which was extremely slick and polished with bright colors.

I actually like the CG transformations, honestly. It just looks like a cel-shaded animation more than anything, and the bubbles for Ami looked pretty sweet. Should be interesting to see if they ever showcase Pluto's ultimate powers with it :black101:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Caitlin posted:

Oh c'mon, they set straight up for an S4 and they got upgrades again. I'd put :10bux: on S4.

I hope so, but Chihayafuru has taught me that we aren't allowed to have nice things in anime.

This season was really good and I want more. :(

• Locked thread