Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Endorph posted:

Not sure if the Canadian dub is different from the US one, but the US dub made lots of changes to make everyone more cliche/one-note, changed everyone's first names (but not their family names, oddly), and edited Haruka and Michiru so they were cousins. But kept all their flirting dialogue. And didn't edit out any of the more obviously romantic scenes.

The US dub got weird when they were introduced, is what I'm saying.

And every Usagi/Serena VA was worse than the last. The one one SuperS was terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Amarie posted:

Supposedly it's an excuse. The alternate story is that DiC lost the masters, I heard.

I thought it was Toei screwing it up to keep the Japanese from just importing a cheaper box set.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

MonsterEnvy posted:

To be fair Fish Eye looks super girly. If it had not been stated that Fish Eye was male he could easily be mistaken for a girl.

That's why he had a thing for showing his man-parts.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Anything with a circus motif ends up terrible. I don't even know why they still do them.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Star Man posted:

It's me, I'm the one person that found Uranus and Neptune to be obnoxious and quit watching the dub in 2000.

Dub Usagi wasn't obnoxious enough?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Please tell me that the Outers' theme is a sweet-rear end violin playing with rock.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

The Outer Senshi theme will make or break this for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Did you guys ever pick up on the new reanimated Sailor Moon video?

youtube.com/watch?v=O1kBZTBxE1c

E: gently caress phone posting

• Locked thread