Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turkeybone
Dec 9, 2006

:chef: :eng99:

remote control carnivore posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha-gal_allergy

And this, my friends, is why I avoid the South and the East.

Yeah, I have one of my friends who is a "genetic jew" as we call her -- she can't eat pork because she's allergic, not because she is Jewish. It's pretty funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turkeybone
Dec 9, 2006

Also, while not six figures, I have moved into an even more cush (read: boring) job where I do seemingly less work and collect more bottles. The world is a joke.

Turkeybone
Dec 9, 2006

Hobo Camp posted:

Reading stuff like that makes me feel so spoiled. We have an inspection tomorrow morning, so of course we were on cleaning mode today. Except we were understaffed and at the moment they're being very stingy with the overtime. So basically we were told to clean what we could and then go home. Our chef and sous chef stayed behind cleaning the kitchen and the fridge.

On an unrelated note, my sous told me two days ago he thinks he sees a bright future for me at the fish station. So he's gonna test me for a couple of days (I don't know when, because high season is nearly here and they wouldn't risk putting me there yet). But I'm gonna need a good fillet knife. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Not to be That Guy, but as long as the blade is sharp and the fish is clean and dry, you can fillet with a chef knife.

That being said, a LONG FLEXIBLE BONER does wonders :getin:

Turkeybone
Dec 9, 2006

Inventory at my old job -- throwing out old poo poo

Inventory at my current job -- throwing a party with old poo poo (another 8cs are mine muaha).

Turkeybone
Dec 9, 2006

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Tucked away in a secret location in the Rockies, Dr. Charles Forbin (Eric Braeden) has developed a massive computer system, dubbed "Colossus," that is supposed to ensure the nation's safety against nuclear attack. But when Colossus connects to a similar Russian computer, "Guardian," the intelligent machines begin conducting a private dialog. Nervous as to what they might be plotting, Forbin severs the connection, only to have Colossus threaten a nuclear attack if the link isn't restored

?????????

Colossus was trying to get down.

Turkeybone
Dec 9, 2006

I mean, I recall this wayyy back from my mcdonalds days as a teen.. once it crosses the counter (from customer to employee) again, always to the trash. If it was like, COMPLETELY UNTOUCHED or from a large party or something, maybe Id nibble for myself, but no never for family meal.

Think of it this way -- it's already been paid for, so there's very little incentive to "save" that value as family meal, god forbid someone got sick from staff meal.

Turkeybone
Dec 9, 2006

We always had the one joke rule in the kitchen -- if the Ansul system went off, you're loving fired. I guess water isn't AS bad, but, ugh.

Also today marks the six year anniversary of when I pulled my spine out of my rear end and decided to get out of the industry. Six months later I was headin back to school.

Turkeybone
Dec 9, 2006

Oh hi thread. Yeesh I havent read in a month. I skipped 350 posts, sorry. My cubicle is covered in delicious wine with messed up labels. Get out of the biz asap. Love.

Turkeybone
Dec 9, 2006

Speaking of grease, one of my favorite mindless tasks to do in the kitchen was scraping down the fryer. Like you know on the sides or the back, where you'd never get to with normal cleaning? And it would be all rubberized and one good scrape you'd make thai ice cream rolls of grease and crunchy bits, and unf, so satisfying.

I also watch pimple popper vids.

Turkeybone
Dec 9, 2006

Good timing for me to check in -- I'm heading to Baltimore for the weekend to drink some sour cherry beer at my old stomping ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turkeybone
Dec 9, 2006

Hi thread,

I was 300 posts behind. It's been awhile I am sorry. I am planning a brunch for a dozen friends and they're all astonished at how I don't want any help and that I can do it all myself without worrying.

My past career has become a party trick.

• Locked thread