Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Thanks everyone for putting me in check, I probably had that coming. And the positive words/suggestions. Pretty clear I need to take a day off and reevaluate my poo poo. Sorry for making GBS threads up the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Drinks

A

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

So like 2 weeks ago, I got hit by a car on my way to work on my bike. Got an appt with a lawyer tomorrow, had a concussion, possible permanent knee damage, and about $1k in damages just to my bike.

I just might be able to pay off a student loan by the end of all of this.

:( that sucks man. I've known a couple people who have been killed by bike on car accidents, glad you're at least still alive. glad also you've lawyered up.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
tbh though, restaurants with a brewery attached do pretty well though right? I mean yeah, food ain't gonna be where you make your money, alcohol floats everything, but when you're making your own alcohol at $15c/pint and selling it for $5-7....

dunno, please convince me not to throw all my money away and try to open a restaurant. please.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Mezzanon posted:

loving lol if you don't have a pen lodged into every billfold that you drop off at a table

wait your place gives out free pens? gently caress, I know where I'm going to dinner next

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
I'll take willie's drink, dibs

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

caleb posted:

I escaped today with a slight mandolin "gently caress you" on my thumb for the first time ever and I would like to hear horror stories now. Go:

my first restaurant job the head chef was super proud he had maneuvered his way into The Most Expensive Mandoline Ever - I don't 'know what it was, but it was a big deal because it was sharp as poo poo and all stainless steel.

I had a couple jobs, all involving that loving mandoline. I think one was peeling and slicing raw yucca for our yucca potato chips, and the other was doing a matchstick of daikon for a salad.

anyways, that loving mandoline was something stupid. I literally shredded my fingers on it more times than I care to remember. I finally one day refused to do that poo poo any more, I was making like $0.00/hr, and pretty much said gently caress this. the sous gave me a rag to use as a fingerguard and showed me how to not cut the poo poo out of myself, which I appreciate today since I don't cut the gently caress out of myself anymore on mandolines, but due to a compounding shitstorm of other reasons I still quit citing the stupid mandoline and I'm pretty sure that experience has shaped my life in one way or another.

mindphlux fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Jun 3, 2017

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Errant Gin Monks posted:

The best way to stop the bleeding is to jam your hand into the deep fryer. You will not be bleeding anymore.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

How do people cut themselves on a mandolin or slicer? Use a towel on the mandolin, and pay attention when cleaning the slicer.

• be 17
  • have noone ever tell you to use a towel on your mandolin
  • go loving hogwild!

I take Klonopin for anxiety. poo poo is magical.

hahahahaha what

I know you're serious, but

what

ugh

(how do I get on this train??) :ssh:

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
yeah I generally enjoy spicy poo poo in hot weather, and gumbo is usually served lukewarm anyways. I can get down on some cajun food (or soondubujjigae) any hot day of the week. at the very least, sweat theory aside, they're both liquidy and make you want to drink tons of water, which is perfect for being out and busting your rear end in the sun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

A Man and his dog posted:

Mellow Mushroom owns and the $2.50 pint drink special on Tuesdays is awesome.

That's all I have.

I unironically applied for head of culinary creative at mellow mushroom like maybe 9 years ago despite having very little industry experience (but having a decent business resume otherwise) - a friend of a friend knew the owner - and I was young and pretty sure even then that whoever read my cover letter would just laugh me off the block - but goddamnit I applied and loving tried.

glad I didn't get that job, seeing where they ended up taking it.

true mindphlux stories

mindphlux fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Jul 16, 2017

• Locked thread