Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stugazi
Mar 1, 2004

Who me, Bitter?

Becktastic posted:

I hope you mean El Zarape or we might have to fight! I'm back in SD now, if you want to get tacos or help me do a valve check on my new top end, email me your contact info. thebecktastic at gmail

Just saw this. :negative:

I was talking about https://carnitassnackshack.com

Like a true goon I have no plans this weekend and I'm always looking for a reason to get tacos! :) Will send an email.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epswing
Nov 4, 2003

Soiled Meat
I bought a DRZ yesterday because I was to be just like Becktastic :allears:

I love it :swoon:

Also love your video blog, keep 'em coming!

Becktastic
Feb 6, 2009

Failure is impossible

Stugazi posted:

Just saw this. :negative:

I was talking about https://carnitassnackshack.com

Like a true goon I have no plans this weekend and I'm always looking for a reason to get tacos! :) Will send an email.

poo poo is kinda crazy around here right now, but I'll meet ya for tacos some time before we leave the country!

epalm posted:

I bought a DRZ yesterday because I was to be just like Becktastic :allears:

I love it :swoon:

Also love your video blog, keep 'em coming!

Yay! It's a great freaking bike, I'm sure you'll love it. The only thing I'm fairly concerned about it finding tires. 120/90-18 is actually fairly rare. More people tour on the larger dual sports which have 17" rims, so we'd be more likely to find those stocked up on the way down. I had a hell of a time in Canada. We kind of want D606's for all the sand in Baja, but they wear so fast, so I'm thinking about Mefo Explorers since they can eek out a lot more miles...but we're still going to need tires at some point and I feel like inevitably we'll end up riding janky mixes of street and dirt tires or whatever we can find. All part of the adventure right? :)

Here's the next installment! No stupid trucks :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5wgTCPSSnI

epswing
Nov 4, 2003

Soiled Meat
Are you running the stock seat? How does your butt not fall off every day?

Becktastic
Feb 6, 2009

Failure is impossible

epalm posted:

Are you running the stock seat? How does your butt not fall off every day?

The bike I bought in Alaska has an aftermarket gel seat which is cozy for short runs, but not so much for distance. Thankfully my friend who bought the DRZ I had in Cali was down to switch seats when I got back, so I have the aftermarket dished Corbin off that one now which I like much better. Additionally, James bought a Sweet Cheeks for his bike and I decided I needed one for mine and just ordered it today. If you don't know what it is, check it out: http://cycle-analyst.com/sweetcheeks It's basically a strip of canvas that holds a 2-liter soda bottle under each of your butt cheeks and it turns your seat into a freaking lazy boy lounger. Plus it holds stuff. I plan to carry two bottles full of water with re-pressurizers to keep them solid. This thing may just safe our life in some desert somewhere!

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Becktastic posted:

Yay! It's a great freaking bike, I'm sure you'll love it. The only thing I'm fairly concerned about it finding tires. 120/90-18 is actually fairly rare. More people tour on the larger dual sports which have 17" rims, so we'd be more likely to find those stocked up on the way down. I had a hell of a time in Canada.

To be fair, you can get pretty much anything in Canada that you can get in the states. If you're in the middle of buttfuck nowhere broken down and don't want to wait for shipping, yeah, it could be a problem.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Becktastic posted:

http://cycle-analyst.com/sweetcheeks It's basically a strip of canvas that holds a 2-liter soda bottle under each of your butt cheeks and it turns your seat into a freaking lazy boy lounger. Plus it holds stuff. I plan to carry two bottles full of water with re-pressurizers to keep them solid. This thing may just safe our life in some desert somewhere!

quote:

Sweet Cheeks is a temporary support device for Dual Sport riders wanting added comfort on the way
to the trail.

quote:

Sweet Cheeks are NOT For Use on Moving Vehicle
Use at your own risk.

America is hilarious.

Becktastic
Feb 6, 2009

Failure is impossible

ReelBigLizard posted:

America is hilarious.

I know right?

Here is Andrea's Intro. Making this video was the most fun and I am super excited to get on the road with her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai6VDSoCWAk

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008

ReelBigLizard posted:

America is hilarious.

"Not for use on moving vehicles" is how you should describe most dual sport seats. Sweet cheeks fo' life!

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Becktastic posted:

I know right?

Here is Andrea's Intro. Making this video was the most fun and I am super excited to get on the road with her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai6VDSoCWAk

Sounds awesome

"get along... mostly" :lol:

I know someone else mentioned this before, but it is good advice as someone that has family in central America. You might want to consider dying your hair black or dark brown before you get down there. Super blonde/light will attract attention, and not all of it good. I know it might not be the kind of advice you're looking for, but it wouldn't be a bad idea.

Prepare yourself for corrupt officials and border guards.

EvilSlug
Dec 5, 2004
Not crazy, just evil.

slidebite posted:

Prepare yourself for corrupt officials and border guards.
Welcome to Honduras! Please spin the wheel to see how long you will be detained.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Off topic but serious question, how does Youtube know to always use the screenshot with the most nakedest looking girl in any video? Do they really have an algorithm for that?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

You can select a still from the video, or upload another image to use as the cover image. People who just fish for views will pick something they think will attract more random clicks, usually a half naked girl.

e: I don't think that applies to Andrea's video though.

Becktastic
Feb 6, 2009

Failure is impossible

Collateral Damage posted:

You can select a still from the video, or upload another image to use as the cover image. People who just fish for views will pick something they think will attract more random clicks, usually a half naked girl.

e: I don't think that applies to Andrea's video though.

Yeah it gives you a choice of 3 random stills (usually most happen to be right when you're making a weird face while talking) or if you area partner you can upload your own. I picked that one because it sums her up pretty well, ripped clothes, motorcycle and holding a shovel.

Since when are shorts and a t-shirt mostly naked?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
They're not, but within the context of that video, y'know.

Becktastic
Feb 6, 2009

Failure is impossible
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v3eOB_S8uA

We are leaving today even if we have to camp in freaking Rosarito. Oy vey.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

Becktastic posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v3eOB_S8uA

We are leaving today even if we have to camp in freaking Rosarito. Oy vey.

Your friend in the green jackets looks high as balls.

Stugazi
Mar 1, 2004

Who me, Bitter?
So much fun ahead. Enjoy it and post often!

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Dans carb problem...float needle?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

HNasty posted:

Your friend in the green jackets looks high as balls.

Also that looks like a bong behind Becky in the last part of the video. Next to the zebrooster painting.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Is high riding frowned upon? I became a master at finding spots for a quick smoke when I was just touring. Here's lesson 1: Anywhere you can pull over.
Like here was nice:

If you click it there's a few more. Actually, going thru my phone pics I just realized the only shots I took are when I stopped to smoke lol. Guess I should have stopped more often.

Becktastic, hope you got out of there an on the road. After spending a week off the road I decided it sucks.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I'd never smoke while riding. I feel that's a great way to weed out bikers. Every smoker I've met has been the kind of person I wouldn't put near a motorcycle, day or night.

Becktastic
Feb 6, 2009

Failure is impossible
Andrea says "Why does everyone think I'm high all the time? I'm just weird!"

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Also that looks like a bong behind Becky in the last part of the video. Next to the zebrooster painting.

It's a sconce!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_HaLjm57i0

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

haha that dive where you stayed the night. Is that a glory hole next to the toilet? :lol:

Becktastic
Feb 6, 2009

Failure is impossible

slidebite posted:

haha that dive where you stayed the night. Is that a glory hole next to the toilet? :lol:

I love dives! And I'm endlessly impressed by the kindness and generosity of those who have little material wealth. :) Makes it better than a four star hotel!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd7VXeyONZg

Stugazi
Mar 1, 2004

Who me, Bitter?
More updates please! I am stuck in an office all day. I need this distraction Becktastic. Don't let me down. :)

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
drat dude those bruises. You're not making me wanna get back into dirtbikes here.

Stugazi
Mar 1, 2004

Who me, Bitter?
I emailed Becktastic and asked if she had a blog because I am a dumbass (linked at the end of her videos).

Here's the blog link if you want all the details of the trip. http://blog.motoventuring.com/

Becktastic
Feb 6, 2009

Failure is impossible

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

drat dude those bruises. You're not making me wanna get back into dirtbikes here.

But it's so much fuuuuuunnnn! I don't know what it is about dual sport that you just can't help going back for more. A friend recently broke his leg really badly, sold off all his bikes and said he was done...then once he healed a month later he bought another one. :P The pain subsides, the bruises fade, but the fun memories live on. We're still kind of hosed up from that ride, we've been sticking to street to let ourselves heal, luckily we've found some of the best, prettiest and twistiest roads in all of Mexico. :)

Stugazi posted:

More updates please! I am stuck in an office all day. I need this distraction Becktastic. Don't let me down. :)

Here's one! We're going to try to get one or two more out while we're relaxing here in Zipolite. We found a place to camp for 20 pesos (less than $2 each) right on the beach and there's internet everywhere, but we've had some issues balancing time and places to make updates with our budget. Camping in the dirt a lot makes it hard. I made a whole set up to charge my laptop off the bike, but it pulls too much and kills my battery. At least I have a kick start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7B3uZUHHEk

Becktastic
Feb 6, 2009

Failure is impossible
Uno mas!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtqBrBW0gGQ

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
Just watched Coco's Corner video, cool stuff. Your friend still looks high as balls.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Careful airing down your tires on those rocky roads.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Your friend pulled a "Claudio"

Becktastic
Feb 6, 2009

Failure is impossible

HNasty posted:

Just watched Coco's Corner video, cool stuff. Your friend still looks high as balls.

It's funny people keep saying that because obviously we wouldn't ride around with anything on us and she's hardly smoked since we left Cali. However for some reason (perhaps her squinty eyes) people keep talking to us about drugs. We were talking to a policeman about our trip and he was like "You should eat some mushrooms on the mountain, now THAT'S a trip!" And literally two minutes after arriving in Zipolite we were offered weed and a free place to stay.

n8r posted:

Careful airing down your tires on those rocky roads.

It's a balance, we went for 17 psi. Probably should have done lower for Mike's, but with all the luggage we were worried about pinch flats...but saaaaannnddd.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

So is coco still as flirty as ever with his female visitors?

The first I ever heard about an Auto-Hotel was from my in laws. They were driving from Belize back to Canada and needed a place for the night. Imagine 2 pure as snow, mid 60s churchgoers stumbling into one of those places having absolutely no clue as to what kind of establishment it was. So naive, it actually took them until the morning for it to sink in, even with the artwork of a cock holding a couple of six-shooters.

Becktastic
Feb 6, 2009

Failure is impossible

slidebite posted:

So is coco still as flirty as ever with his female visitors?

The first I ever heard about an Auto-Hotel was from my in laws. They were driving from Belize back to Canada and needed a place for the night. Imagine 2 pure as snow, mid 60s churchgoers stumbling into one of those places having absolutely no clue as to what kind of establishment it was. So naive, it actually took them until the morning for it to sink in, even with the artwork of a cock holding a couple of six-shooters.

He was in a bad mood when we saw him and honestly kind of a dick. I would have much preferred being flirted with. :P Dan accidentally closed the ice chest loudly (there's a sign asking to close slowly, but it springs shut) so Coco told him to go gently caress his mother. And he kept angrily correcting Andrea's Spanish. He did say we could sleep free in the campers if we wanted though and also gave us tacos. Kinda weird.

Ha! We haven't had any great art in our rooms yet, just some sweet layouts with a toilet in the room and a portal window to the shower. The beds are huge though, we literally slept people on one. They run about $20-30 and split 4 ways is pretty great.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Well, if it makes you feel better he was overtly flirty towards a relative who dropped by his spread last year. As in, not really flirty but super creepy to the point of being uncomfortable. You probably got the better deal.

Becktastic
Feb 6, 2009

Failure is impossible
Andrea and I finally found a cozy place to settle in and catch up on blog stuff. We made a video the other day and I just didn't have time to link it. This one in the next are more informative, but we'll get to the fun stuff soon. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0h7Ro7jhMo

Becktastic
Feb 6, 2009

Failure is impossible
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TJA13GzqOU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

I like all your videos but you always look like you're naked and your friend is high. Good job.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread