Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.
Sankt Pauli can go gently caress themselves after that game; what a bleh goal. Ditto the Sechzig defense, because they almost completely disappeared in the last 10 minutes.

Protip Herr Schmidt: putting 4 strikers on the field doesn't mean squat if their strikers get through the backline time after time for a clear shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.

Dunban posted:

Dortmund vs Munich

1860 :haw:

WE GOT THIS poo poo.

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

he was like damn.

Katana Gomai posted:

Haha Sechzig what are you doing?

Losing to fuckin' SANDHAUSEN and not even scoring a goal. Holy hell, Schmidt, I thought you worked out the lineup and tactical issues.

Sechzig. Sechzig never changes. :negative:

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

he was like damn.

Katana Gomai posted:

Well I guess now he can work out how to file for unemployment benefits. :v:

frankenfreak posted:

Looks like he didn't and now he's gone.

Thank god. Don't let the door hit you on the way out, Alex.

AlexF posted:

Thank God! After yesterday's game (and Paderborn) I was pretty much sure we'd be a candidate for relegation into the 3. Liga. Bad doesn't even begin to describe it.

But given the wins, you couldn't be faulted for thinking the promotion playoffs were a possibility. That's what's been the most infuriating about Schmidt -- it's completely feast or famine. That kind of play leads to lapses like what we saw against St. Pauli, where a whole game of good work is wasted because they kept playing the same way regardless of the personnel changes; or being completely dominated by Sandhausen in all phases of the game.

quote:

Bring on the Lorant, I guess? (It will be Matthäus...)

Maurer comes back for round 3? :haw:

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

he was like damn.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck no.

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

he was like damn.
My concern is more who at Grünwalderstadion favors Matthäus. Noor Basha (Ismaik's buddy on the board) said it's only a rumor and Mayrhofer said Loddar was "too busy with other things." If it's just some low-level idiot spouting his opinion, then no need to panic. On the other hand, if Ismaik has a bug up his butt for a terrible hire...

frankenfreak posted:

edit: Spork, just hope that the fans will cry out against Loddar - that seemed to have worked for us when he was considered a couple of years ago.

Based on what I've read elsewhere (for example, this article at Merkur), it seems like over half the fanbase is doing just that. The rest are split between "LODDAR :swoon:" and "Meh, whatever. We're boned no matter who we pick."

SporkOfTruth fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Sep 6, 2013

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

he was like damn.

Adulterous Hitler posted:

As long as I can remember, the only real problem of 1860 has never been the manager, the players or the fans, but always the management up top.
This tends to be a "thing" with teams I follow. :negative: Hell, even Stevic betrayed his former club by thinking he had the answer.

quote:

Imagine a today's 1860 team with all the talents that they have sold in the last ten years still in the team.

Even if you restricted it to the last five years, there would be a huge difference. The Bender brothers, Daniel Halfar, Kevin Volland (since there was an option to buy his contract from Hoffenheim), Stefan Aigner, and Mortiz Leitner are young guns who come to mind immediately. Hell, even guys like Rukavina, Buck, and Bell would be useful. I'm having dreams of a Bender-Bierofka-Halfar-Bender midfield hoofing it up to a front line of Volland-Lauth-Friend and I almost want to cry.

The worst part is so many of those guys were sold on the cheap because the team needed cash immediately and a couple more went on free transfers because of salary dumping.

SporkOfTruth fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Sep 6, 2013

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

he was like damn.
Bring in da Noise, Bring in da Funkel. :v:

I'm kind of surprised that they went with a dude who had less than charitable things to say about the money man, but hey, at least it's not Matthäus.

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

he was like damn.
Today's the day that BVB gets owned.

Right? :unsmith:

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

he was like damn.
Giving up a PK in extra time is the worst loving way to lose. I feel sick.

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

he was like damn.
At least Our Brave Lions held the Yellow Menace scoreless for over 100 minutes. They can ease the pain by beating 'Lautern on Sunday. :shrug:

Oh you scamp.

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

he was like damn.

AlexF posted:

Watching Leitner play makes me really, really sad. First, he's one of the many talents 1860 had to sell in order to stay alive. Can you image what that guy would do to his opponents if he'd still be with us?

But second and much more important: He's so loving talented yet you just know that he'll end up playing for middle class clubs. From what you read he's lazy, a major rear end in a top hat, not a team player at all and got his head so far up his own rear end that he's oblivious to anything anyone else is trying to teach him. He'll never get any better than he is now and that's not nearly enough to become a top player IMO.

For past reference see Timo "Discobrawler" Gebhardt.

Rycalawre posted:

Wasn't Kevin Volland another of those players 1860 had to sell?

Healbot posted:

Or the Bender twins.

Please stop, I barely was able to get over the 1860 lineup theorycrafting we did last month. :crying-sechzig-lion:

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

he was like damn.

Adulterous Hitler posted:

1860 are so poo poo its unreal.

I am so drat glad I slept in because boy howdy, that game was a shitshow.

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

he was like damn.
Sechzig vs. Bochum this week, battle of the medioc--

nippythefish posted:

I don't know where you got the idea that we were good enough friends (or friends at all, for that matter) for you to not only talk poo poo in this thread, but to talk poo poo via texting. It wasn't just "banter", and I said it because you've been trying to get me to take you to an 1.FCN game as recently as August. Calling me a flake is a loving joke when you consider our past. I've been intentionally avoiding you. 1.FCN means a shitload more to me than you do. Don't text me again.

:stonkhat:

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

he was like damn.
So the Sechzig - Ingolstadt match just got interrupted for the second time because of Sechzig fans throwing lighters and crap on the field & lighting off flares. Refs took everyone off and the PA people are pleading for calm.

Club president Mayrhofer also went over to the fan group section to get them to chill out. Game's restarting after a 15 minute delay.

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

he was like damn.
So, uh, Darmstadt just scored to make it 3-1 in the second leg against Arminia Bielefeld and put it 4-4 in aggregate.

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

he was like damn.
Darmstadt has basically looked unstoppable since they exchanged goals in the 51st and 53rd minutes.

e: Also, Bielefeld have gotten away with two pretty obvious handballs in the box in the last 20 minutes.

e2: aw piss, Bielefeld score in the 109th minute.

e3: DARMSTADT SCORES AGAIN IN THE 122ND! WE'RE TIED ON AGGREGATE AGAIN!

SporkOfTruth fucked around with this message at 22:01 on May 19, 2014

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

he was like damn.

Katana Gomai posted:

Darmstadt's going through on away goals, brother.

Haha, I just realized that. Even better. Welcome back to the 2. Bundesliga, Darmstadt 98!

The stream I was watching cut out just as the last Bielefeld attack headed towards the net, so I had to scramble to figure out what the gently caress.

SporkOfTruth fucked around with this message at 22:05 on May 19, 2014

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

he was like damn.

frankenfreak posted:

Ricardo Moniz, probably best remember for a small supporting role in the HSV manager conga, is 1860's new manager. Congrats on having one! :negative:

I'll take it, because there could have been a worse choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

he was like damn.
Just watch the 2. Bundesliga and laugh as Red Bull RasenBallsport Leipzig get thrown back down to the 3. Liga, pissing away the millions of a lovely company.

• Locked thread