Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Benne posted:

The Champions League final turned me on to German football, is there any way for us filthy Americans to catch the Budesliga on TV/online?

Also, what team should I support without coming off like a plastic? (Bayern and Borussia disqualified)

Hanover seems like a good choice

:swoon: Cherundolo :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

#FirePep

Cracking game so far, I suspect there will be more goals to come from bad defense

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Big John Anthony Brooks scores for Berlin

America :911:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

And the first red card of the season went to Max Arnold of Wolfsburg

Heh

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Frankfurt do know that today is the start of the season and not a friendly, right?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Ah man, looks like Cherundolo is still injured. :(

Aubameyang is so loving fast jeeze

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Lol Schalke

Just lol

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

There were eight (8) red cards today.

what the hell?

e: lol Schalke

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Aug 24, 2013

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Stuttgart :wtf:

Hoffenheim, y'all bad

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Hamburg are poo poo. Who could have a guessed a surprise 3 man defense would be poo poo?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

More goals for the goals god

4-2 now

e: :lol:, 5 for Dortmund now. Hamburg are terrible

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

6-2 :laffo:

Defense is hard, y'all

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

the most 1860 way to gently caress-up

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Rycalawre posted:

Shouldn't have even got to extra time if not for Lewandowski day dreaming of sitting on Bayerns bench or whatever.

Speaking of which, http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1562211/robert-lewandowski-sign-bayern-munich-deal-january-report-says?cc=5901

quote:

Robert Lewandowski is set to put pen to paper on a four-year deal at Bayern Munich on January 2, Polish football magazine Pilka Nozna has claimed.

----

Pilka Nozna said Lewandowski would sign the deal with treble-winners Bayern, making the end-of-season move a formality.

And Hamburg hire Bert van Marwijk. Eh.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

frankenfreak posted:

(Potential Comedy Option: Felix Magath :allears:)

Someone give poor Felix a job tia

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

DFL signs a deal with FOX as their broadcasting partner starting with the 2015/16 season

Bundesliga.com posted:

Frankfurt - From the 2015/16 season, the Bundesliga will be available in all North and Latin American nations, as well as almost all of Asia, thanks to a deal between the DFL (German League Association) and 21st Century Fox.

The agreement means the Bundesliga will be available in markets as diverse as the USA, Brazil, Indonesia, Japan and Thailand. European countries Italy, the Netherlands and Belgium will also now have access to the German top flight on television.

"These agreements confirm that the Bundesliga has legitimately evolved
to become a top international sports media property," said chief executive of the DFL Christian Seifert. "21st Century Fox is a global-scale partner that provides German soccer opportunities for worldwide exposure and future growth. We welcome these agreements as an expression of faith in the Bundesliga’s continued development over the coming years.”

"Both on and off the pitch, the Bundesliga has grown to become one of the preeminent soccer leagues in the world," added James Murdoch, deputy chief operating officer of 21st Century Fox. "We look forward to partnering with the DFL over the next five years to leverage our unrivaled global portfolio of sports channels to bolster the Bundesliga brand in every corner of the globe."

The agreements reached for the Americas and Asia span a total of five seasons, beginning in 2015-16 and ending with the 2019-20 campaign. For the European nations, the two parties have agreed on a deal spanning the 2015-16 and the 2016-17 seasons.

Ugh, Fox. Really hoping NBC have won the Bundesliga rights. Their Prem coverage has been pretty awesome for the most part. At least FSC is dead and FS1 is marginally better.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

LaneAveElite posted:

Why would you want NBC to win it, so they could play second fiddle to the PL? I for one am happy that I won't be searching for the Bayern-BVB game on Bravo while Sunderland-Stoke City is on NBC.

I really don't like Fox, mostly. Plus, their streaming service was rear end compared to what NBC has going.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Stuttgart are not very good at this "football" thing

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

nippythefish posted:

I don't know where you got the idea that we were good enough friends (or friends at all, for that matter) for you to not only talk poo poo in this thread, but to talk poo poo via texting. It wasn't just "banter", and I said it because you've been trying to get me to take you to an 1.FCN game as recently as August. Calling me a flake is a loving joke when you consider our past. I've been intentionally avoiding you. 1.FCN means a shitload more to me than you do. Don't text me again.

:thurman: *drops mic*

The Hoffenheim-Bremen game was amazing(ly bad defense)

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

who paid 30 bucks for this?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Reset Smith posted:

What is it going to take to get Jens Keller fired? No one seems to be particularly excited or impressed with his stewardship or his results and yet he just keeps limping on.

But then Schalke might hire someone competent.

Pand posted:

lmao Schalke

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Here is A Thing featuring every Munich fan's favorite player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRGVGsI9r44

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Reset Smith posted:

And now Sebastian Rode is going to Bayern as well. Though I don't really see how the transfer makes sense from either his perspective or Bayern's. Who is he going to displace in the lineup? I don't see him getting sufficient playing time ahead of the likes of Schweinsteger, Lahm, Kroos, and Martinez.

:homebrew:

only answer really

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Reset Smith posted:

How do you miss that Robert?

Bayern is paying him off

Literally

Got that in English?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Vizekusen strikes again

Dunban posted:

Gonna go ahead and put a fiver on Dortmund - Lautern being drawn later.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

When does Jens Keller get sacked?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

ephex posted: