Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Katana Gomai posted:

Added. Anyone watching the dumbass DFB friendly tonight? Schweinsteiger's 12th missed friendly game in a row! :laugh:

I'm at work, might as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Some quality defending there from Hummels/Mertesacker :wtc:

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

WTF? 0-2 Paraguay

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

That last one was courtesy of Khedira, plopping Neuer's punch right back into the middle of the area

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Nice finish by Gündoğan, 1-2

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Müller! 2-2

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

oh, hey, completely unmarked man at the far post. 2-3 paraguay

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

five goals in 45 minutes, gettin' my money's worth :munch:

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

No worries, as soon as Ozil and Khedira sub off it'll all be Bundesliga players for Germany anyway.

Looked away for a minute and missed the best goal of the match so far. :mad:

e: Well, besides Gomez, but I never liked him anyway :shobon:

e2: same for Podolski

Lazlow fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Aug 14, 2013

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Dunban posted:

Hamburg have sacked Fink.

The first smart decision that club has made in years.

So of course they follow that up by supposedly signing Babbel.

Holy poo poo, this exact same thing just happened in my FM13 game :psyboom:

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

I feel like my balls are going to be sucked up into my pelvic cavity whenever Neuer comes out so far :ohdear:

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Gonna need a gif of that :eyepop: from Neuer

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

tetsman posted:

drat, Farfan's kick was brutal.

Was that really a bloody imprint of his studs on Ribery's side? Jesus.

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Katana Gomai posted:

Depending on where you're going, it's as easy as walking up to the ticket counter on gameday and buying two seats. Or completely impossible.

Bayern being completely impossible, right? I'd like to do the same one day. Is it completely hopeless?

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Holy poo poo I just got a stream - WTF Dortmund? :laffo:

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

ha ha, even the crossbar doesn't want dortmund to win

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

welp

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Dante - Pizarro! Now that's a rare combo :getin:

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

was that off of contento?

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

I gotta say after a handful of games I wish Pep would put Lahm back at right back. He's alright in the center there but he's not great, not as great as Schweinsteiger anyway. And the right side isn't nearly as deadly with Rafinha, which is obvious.

I do like him mixing it up a bit, though.

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

No question, I just wonder why he's playing arguably the best fullback in Europe, if not the world, in a position other than fullback when he doesn't have to.

Can't really complain, though, I guess. 3-1 win at Man City. :toot:

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Fox Soccer commentator (doesn't matter who, they're all choads): "Ha ha, best mishit I've ever seen! Yeah, sure, I'll celebrate that goal anyway."

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

General Probe posted:

If nothing else it means I can finally watch games again. Who the gently caress still has GolTV?!

Well I sure as hell didn't have to subscribe to a Spanish-language package and have to upgrade my satellite dish to another model and have it moved to another spot on my roof just to get it.

:ninja:

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

FUUUUUUUUCK MANDZUKIC

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

GolTV commentator re: Mandzukic and Grosskreuz: "Butting heads, like a couple of reindeer in the forest... But very gently"

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Bayern to play MLS All-Stars in 2014

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/12/12/mls-announces-bayern-munich-opponent-2014-att-mls-all-star-game-portlands-je

The first three comments :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

It's going to be so hilarious, I am SO there

Saw the (so-called) MLS All-Stars play Man U here a couple years ago, it only took 20 seconds for things to get amazing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLtHtQ1G6D0

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Modus Trollens posted:

lol someone took the time to make this

:shobon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLCQkvhnG4A

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Not really sure how I feel about this, tbh

http://www.fcbayern.de/de/news/news/2014/presseerklaerung-fc-bayern-muenchen-verpflichtet-robert-lewandowski.php

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Dunban posted:

Nope.
Götze went into the season with an injury he carried over from Dortmund and was out for months, Thiago was out for 3 months, Shaqiri and Pizarro for 2 months, Robben has been injured since December, Höjbjerg was out for a couple of weeks, Schweinsteiger and Martinez basically haven't been properly fit all season and of course Badstuber has been injured for over a year now.

Even Lahm was out for a bit, which I'm pretty sure is one of the signs of the apocalypse

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Looks like Lahm's not starting today. What's his hours played/total hours possible record up to now?

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

if he doesn't pay in Stadionwürsten I'll be really disappointed

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

How much of that do you figure he'll actually serve? Half?

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

So which of you German/Euro goons are signing up for the Paulaner Cup? We'll get a forums army to vote you into the squad :getin:

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

ephex posted:

Diego Contento is loving dogshit and can't believe Pep let him kill the left flank for 90+ minutes

Between him and van Buyten the two of them probably put as much pressure on Starke as Hoffenheim did

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Just bought my tickets to see Bayern beat up on the MLS all "stars" in Portland this August, I'm pretty stoked! Hopefully someone other than the youth squad will show up to justify the ridiculously jacked up cost.

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

I know. :(

But I'll take any excuse to go to Portland :toot:

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Dunban posted:

As for yesterday's game..it sucks that we lost, but the scoreline makes it sound worse than it really was. Real were obviously better and deserved to go to the final, but it wasn't a total massacre or anything. It's a bummer, but hey, now we gotta move on, strengthen the squad over the summer and try again next year.

Not to be an rear end, but 0-5 is pretty much a massacre. Not a 7-0 vs. Barca last year massacre, sure, but a massacre. A light massacre, if you will.

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

frankenfreak posted:

In case we win the whole thing, I suggest simply "Bundesliga Megathread 2014/2015: Home"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

hopterque posted:

I'm still hungover as gently caress and I basically can't talk.

A German co-worker of mine came to play at our lunchtime pickup game at work and was quite visibly hungover

scored the first goal, though, which I thought was fitting

• Locked thread