Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Breesus Christ is back but I don't have access to the league page until later today when I will post to confirm that I will try to improve this season from the UK of the Dan Marino division to the Mississippi State of the Dan Marino division.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Power of Pecota posted:

League history lesson for any newcomers: The Dan Marino division leads the league in two things historically - championships and forum bans for writing fake reviews for their incest-themed erotica on Amazon.

I have accomplished neither so I better get on it lest the rest of the division think I'm holding them back.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Breesus Christ moved from 4-9 in our first season to 7-6 in our second so here's to hoping we find another Owen Daniels this season. Unfortunately I'll be on vacation the night of the draft but, seeing as it's the last night, I'll probably be able to handle it.

Is it too early to setup draft lists or am I missing something?

tadashi fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Aug 16, 2013

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I'm a shameful owner who forgot about the draft. I set my list to take a QB in the first round and then best available after that which is why I now have Cam Newton and Matt Ryan. I'm more inclined to trade Newton.

I'm Breesus Christ and I know I would like to trade out a Cardinal or Dolphin to help with the bye weeks in any trade I make. I think I should make clear that, just because I have two first string QBs, this doesn't mean I'm going to give Newton away.

Here are the players I'd like to try to find a way to work into a trade:
Rashard Mendenhall
Mike Wallace
Andre Roberts
Brian Hartline

I'm not a football nut so please understand that I'm mostly going to be working off statistical projections I can find on the internet when I'm offered trades so please don't be offended if I have a basic disagreement about your favorite player.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Aug 26, 2013

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Seriously, if you are weak at QB, Breesus Christ would like to trade you Cam Newton, who put 360 points on the board last season. I am focusing on upgrading just about everywhere except QB and kicker. :sigh:

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

JetsGuy posted:

This is the first year ever that I didn't draft a solid second QB for trades. BALLS TO THE WALL GENTLEMEN

Speaking of Balls, I traded for Montee Ball and that rear end in a top hat in Denver decided that he's not ready to be RB1 :(

Definitely should have just held onto Cam for a couple weeks.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Sep 4, 2013

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Kicked off the season with all of 1.3 points from the TE position last night.

Also, the box score for my match-up this week reads like something out of an evangelical tract: "Christ vs. Boobs".

tadashi fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Sep 6, 2013

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Losing to Annie's Boobs in Week 1 has become an annual thing for Breesus Christ so I'm just going to blindly assume that means I will just miss the playoffs again this season in spite of the fact that my team is mostly a dumpster fire.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

JetsGuy posted:

N: Bubblicious Supremacy moves to 2-0, and Ben-Jarvis hasn't even played yet. Also, I'm in Greece for a scientific conference. For free.

V:

Congrats. I am pleased with my moral victory in breaking 80 points.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I am .1 behind in my matchup with Baller Status with one player left to play tonight. This is a lock, right? Surely Trindon Holliday can catch one pass for positive yardage tonight?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Breesus Christ wins an epic 50 point matchup. Glad we're living up to our reputation as the UK of the Dan Marino division.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I needed to get a mere ~18 points from Miami wide receivers last night to beat Zoltan Mesko. I think I know why I lost.

Well, that and I did not start Nate Washington thanks to ESPN's Insider projections which seem to be about as accurate as asking my dog to set my lineup.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Oct 1, 2013

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

jabro posted:

It came with the magazine subscription that I bought for my kid's baseball team fundraiser.

I've been stringing along free magazine subscriptions from different rewards points I never use so it's been free for me for a couple years now.

So, uh, anybody got a QB available for next week?

tadashi fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Oct 3, 2013

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

All I need is 30 points from Matt Ryan vs the Jets. Totally doable, right?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Don't everyone cry out at once: I claimed Thad Lewis to start during the Falcons' bye week. This will turn out well.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

wasianchickn posted:

One day someone please explain college football to me.

There is a conference called the SEC. Then there is everyone else.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Thad loving Lews

quote:

TD Thad Lewis 40 yard pass to Marquise Goodwin. Dan Carpenter kick. (1:14)

TD Thad Lewis 22 yard pass to Scott Chandler. Dan Carpenter kick. (10:17)
:getin:

Too bad they didn't score in OT :(

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

JetsGuy posted:

Six weeks in, halfway through the fantasy season. WHO WILL COME FROM BEHIND AND REALIZE PLAYOFF GLORY?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moL4MkJ-aLk
E:

LAND OF HOPE AND GLORY
MOTHER OF THE FREE
HOW SHALL WE EXTOL THEE
WHO ARE BORN OF THEE
WIDER STILL AND WIDER
SHALL THY BOUNDS BE SET
GOD WHO MADE THEE MIGHTY
MAKE THEE MIGHTIER YET
GOD WHO MADE THEE MIGHTY
MAKE THEE MIGHTIER YET.

It's me. I will.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I have Thad Lewis available, FYI. Stevie Johnson will be back for him to throw to this weekend and he's playing in Miami.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

wasianchickn posted:

Woo I squeak by with a win because the Vikings are so terrible they have ruined Adrian Peterson to the point that he got less points than Donald Brown this week

And yet their amazing defense puts 21 points on the board to lead Dan Marino Punches Dolphin to a come-from-behind victory :negative:

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

halonx posted:

I think it is the only way to go. After doing a 20 team league, smaller ones seem like they're for sissies.

My only worry about a smaller league is that I might confuse a useful player from this league with a useful player in other leagues.

Unrelated: I hate fantasy sports so much:

ESPN posted:

Afforded just three targets last week, [Timothy] Wright was unable to build on some mounting momentum, and is realistically off the fantasy radar given his limited role on a limited offense.

code:
Week    Opp    Rec      Yds     TD       PTS
8	Car	5	48	1	10.8

tadashi fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Oct 25, 2013

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Braksgirl posted:

It feels good to beat a 6-1 team headed by Drew Brees with a backup Browns QB. It's a good week for the Boobs.

Boobs vs Cock was my favorite match-up of the season.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Matt Ryan sucks, ya'll.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Took a loss this week while compiling one of my highest scoring weeks of the season. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I explained this league to a friend who's been in a fantasy league for several years over Christmas and he couldn't even fathom how our format is feasible. "So wait, there's only one pool of players...?" It made me like this league even more.

• Locked thread