Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Surprised we don't have a miscellaneous chat thread too - we are the cool guys of SA, after all. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
People that cut the wiring harness up and try to loving solder poo poo in are goddamn retarded and deserve a special place in hell. At least an uncut harness was only $50 on eBay. gently caress.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Snowdens Secret posted:

In my years of posting here not once did it ever cross my mind that zee-three-en was supposed to be 'zen'

...zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance.
http://www.amazon.com/Zen-Art-Motorcycle-Maintenance-Inquiry/dp/0060589469

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Roll a little stoppie for them.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
gently caress it, dude. Move over the pond with us.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Z3n posted:

It was 55 degrees today. I'd forgotten what 3rd gear, crossed up power wheelies off the crests at the exits of corners felt like. 690 bike best bike.

*Presses LIKE button*

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I'm so loving tired of everything I'm surrounded by in life right now, holy poo poo - need a parachute now.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
You know what's worse than quitting cigarettes? Quitting wasting all of your time on the internet.

gently caress both of them :suicide:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Collateral Damage posted:

Compulsive Forum Readers Anonymous.

They would have an online forum.

Seriously.

I'm bored, may as well go read about random poo poo on forums. Five hours later... gently caress.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Slavvy posted:

What in the gently caress. Who gets that close to someone else on a bike? This whole scenario...I don't even know where to begin :psyduck:

You mean you've never rolled up next to a friend and flipped his kill switch? :v:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

clutchpuck posted:

The most hilarious timing is right before the light turns green.

Hahaha, when I had my first ever bike my friend used to do this poo poo all the time. I drilled a hole through the switch and stuck a paperclip through the hole so the switch wouldn't flip.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Quit tensing up and doing poo poo when it slips. The bike will ride out massive slides unless you provide input.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I need to stop posting when I'm so tired I can't even talk in real life. I just had my new tires mounted and I put the wheels back on but I know I am too mentally tired to ride.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Hahahaha what the gently caress, you live in the looney toons.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Xovaan posted:

I hate working. I'd rather be poor and free than a slave with lots of things. Still trying to find that balance. :sweatdrop:

Be a server at a high end restaurant. 4-5x shifts a week at 4-6hr a piece. $150-350 a night (~225 avg), depending on season. It's a great job to go to school full time but still ball out on one hobby. :v:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Coredump posted:

How many of us went for engineering at first and fell back to IT?

Sup. Me too. Right now I'm bartending/serving since the money is too retarded to pass up. Why yes sir, I will sell you a 12oz A5-9 Wagyu steak at $30/oz.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Jan 31, 2014

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Well, I signed up for a double header trackday weekend for March 22-23rd and have ordered everything my bike needs... welp, loving health insurance is taking forever and I have to have paid the first month premium by Feb 15th to be covered starting March 1st but Healthnet doesn't even have my information yet so I can't pay. I'm going to be pissed if I wasted $300.

edit: I'm going to make sure these days happen. gently caress it. Make it rain.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Feb 12, 2014

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

ReformedNiceGuy posted:

Just don't fall off :D

Fake edit:
(Or grenade another engine!)

Ya bastard ;) I've made it through four trackdays without eating poo poo but I figure it'll happen eventually.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
How do you not tell her to gently caress off after that? Good god. Dude, crash my couch. Arizona sucks but its better than there.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Here is this for ranting: made out with a coworker last night while we were both hosed up. She initiated it. I don't know how to proceed. :suicide:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Oh jesus christ - just recovered and read my post. :suicide: Hahahaha. Oh god.
The company parties... we all get hosed up and it never ends well.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
We shall see how it goes on Thursday. My poo poo wasn't the worst that happened that night so it'll be fine.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Bugdrvr posted:

While continuing to do the same things that made you flee to start with. And then you'd be me.
That would probably be me too.

Z3n posted:

Flee to California, its the only valid choice.

Soon :D

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Slavvy posted:

Try riding a factory SV650 if you want some real horror.

Fixed that for you.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
lol what. What country did you belong to?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

revmoo posted:

Some hick fuckface rolled coal on me on the interstate while blocking the passing lane. I gave him the finger. He pulled over to the shoulder to try and fight.

Thanks for clearing the passing lane dickhead!

Edit: Oh yeah also earlier in the day my wife was following me in her car. She's finally gotten used to me having a bike, and we're cruising down a local road and some lady just pulls out HARD in front of me. I lay on the brake and horn and come to a stop. Wifey tells me the lady had a look on her face of "why is the mean motorcycle man honking at me?!?!" She said she almost rammed the loving idiot with her car she was so pissed off. Definitely reset the clock on her worrying about my safety. Sigh.

Funny part is she brought it up later and said she was amazed that I didn't even mention the incident when we arrived at our destination. I told her that sort of poo poo happens 2-3 times a ride and it's not even notable. People are the loving worst.

Time to start doing the weave when you come up on people that will be turning across your avenue of travel.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

nsaP posted:

1 mirror crew sound off

AYYYYYOOOOOOO

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I'm the last person to say something like this but she was just saying she worries about you riding and was thinking of you.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Managed to destroy a suspension cartridge trying to get it apart today :allears:
It wasn't the normal type that presses in on the bottom, circlip gets removed, and it all comes out through the bottom. Yamaha decided to have a threadlocked aluminum bottom that has two faces for a 16mm wrench but rounded otherwise. Motherfucker. Better be able to salvage a cart out of a hosed up for for less than $40... but come the gently caress on.

I have no more loving words.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Jul 16, 2016

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
That's weird, I just got a Revzilla box today and it looks like someone dropped a 100lb brick on it. I'd love to know how tires manage to get destroyed in the mail, though.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Because they are uncomfortable and don't make any power until retard-o speeds.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Streetfighter has a little bit different meaning in the US than Europe.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
e: nm

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Coydog posted:

Boring is every one of these stupid derails ya'll start with Space Whale in every thread. How bout ya'll make some content, instead of beating a dead horse.

Warning- Content ahead- You may want to skip this if you are only interested in circle jerking over new posters-

Is it just me or have drivers gotten worse over the last month? I've noticed a marked increase in people making last minute lane changes at exits, pulling into my lane where I am, almost sideswiping me in my car in corners when they decide to drift out of their lane into mine, and everything else. What on earth could be the cause of this?!

Weather changing.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
USPS lost my $300 Tuono cluster, the eBay seller only has the default $100 Priority Mail insurance, and I need it to run the Tuono for a trackday on Friday. :allears:

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Oct 16, 2016

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I can for the track but I broke the stepper motor (of course) putting it back together so now RPM doesn't work either. No speed and no RPM makes it difficult to street ride. :allears:

The roundabout thing here is that I'm prepping to sell it and this delays that.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Oct 16, 2016

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
If you park deep in a spot then expect things like that, along with having your bike romped over.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

PCOS Bill posted:

Do you tell women not to wear short skirts, too, or is victim blaming just something you do to motorcyclists?

I just remembered why I have you on ignore

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
This is the part where I say something about not getting a degree unless you're being limited upward mobility wise at a place that you actually want to stay long-term, but I forget not all of us are in Dev/IT/NetSec/etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Degrees matter once you get high enough in any company, and/or once you get into a large enough company.

If a company is that stuck on having a degree then it's probably not a place I want to work anyway.
Feel free to write this off as foolish.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Dec 8, 2016