Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Yeah, European is on the opposite of US. True Americans don't buy that crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Dainese and A* usually do have a tighter fit. Lots of stuff made for sale in ye old USA has what I like to call the "American cut" - room for the beer gut.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Southwest airlines strapped him to two seats and force fed him meatball sandwiches until he choked.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Left lane squatting is A Big Thing in Western Washington, and cops are actually starting to crack down on it. The past month or so, they've been giving warnings and handing out pamphlets basically saying "move the gently caress over or you're getting a ticket next time." I think it's this month or next they plan on ticketing.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

ShaneB posted:

That's why they sell those $5 plastic reminder cables that loop to your grip.

Someone at my old apartment stole mine. Why? :iiam:

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I'm going to be a shill for CycleGear for the moment, so feel free to skip over this:
If any of you live near one and run tubeless tires, I'd suggest getting motoguard. It's $20-25 bucks (depending on the tire's cost) or $30 for front and rear.
If you pick up a puncture (or the tire shits out on you or whatever) within the first 25% of tread life, you get 100% of your purchase price of the tire towards a replacement. If the tread's below 75%, it's pro-rated based on the depth of a new tire of the type you have based on your current depth. After you get the new tire, all you pay is any related state fees (in WA it's $1 for every motorcycle tire sold) and for motoguard on the new tire.
Regardless of CG's lovely house-brand gear, it's actually really good insurance for something that can cost a poo poo load of money.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I'm going to buy the scrambler and turn it into a standard cruiser.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
The truck driver, theoretically, has a higher driving skill than your average driver. What with their "training" and all. He's also driving something much larger, heavier and more dangerous.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Don't be ridiculous; it's clearly aliens.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Chris Knight posted:

Eat more cheese.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I stopped into work yesterday and there was a customer going on about how "It's too drat cold to ride!" as I stood next to him in full gear. My boss looked at me a snickered a bit. It was something like 45 out.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I'm not sure what the point of raging onto my rear end while I'm indicating to turn into a parking lot is, Mr Dodge Durango. But gently caress you. I indicated with plenty of time and didn't slam my brakes.
If turn into the lot and look back- oh you're on a cell phone. Allow me to reiterate: gently caress you.

Idiot in the BMW X5, hang up your phone and pay attention to the loving road. You were in the right turn only lane, with your indicator on, and about to make the turn when "WAIT I WANT TO GO WEST NOT EAST" and, without looking, hard left it into the center lane. I almost end up in your rear left quarter panel.
Even after laying on my horn and flashing my headlight you just keep on trucking. No "oh poo poo my bad" wave, just "I'll get milk from the store you pick up the kids this conversation is too important to wait for later."
gently caress you. Hang up the goddamn phone.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

HappyHelmet posted:

If everyone had them in Seattle getting around the city would be SO much easier. Hell, I'd be happy if they would just allow lane splitting.

But that would interfere with all the cyclists.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Super Slash posted:

Hearing about these makes me wonder about the effects of the majority of American cars being automatic rather than manual, I imagine it's a lot easier to gently caress about when there's less attention needed to control the car's functions, not that it excuses retarded behavior though.

However the three kings of douchebaggery still reign supreme on the road;
Audi
BMW
LexusSubaru

Fixed for Seattle.
Maybe it's me, but I never really have issues with Lexuses? Lexii?

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Irrational irritation: Every time I see someone with a modular helmet and the chin is flipped up. The only exception is when they're going under 10mph or sitting still.
What the gently caress is the point of buying a modular if you're going to wear it like a goddamn 3/4 helmet? :argh:

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Guy was sizing up "his gurrll" for a leather jacket the other day. He didn't want any of our help. "No, babe, you want it to fit loose. I usually wear a large, but I needed a 2XL in leathers. poo poo was way too tight. You want plenty of room in there." The weather this time of year is great. The idiots are not.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Check your valve core before anything else.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Minkee posted:

http://cfmoto-us.com/products/motorcycles/2015/650-nk

Here is your latest chinese garbage 650 to come on the market. Its the CFMOTO 650NK.

Oh boy I can't wait for people to start asking for parts for this thing.

:byodood: "I don't know it's chinese or something!"

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
A Yuasa battery?! Why, that's the same brand every other manufacturer uses! We're in the big league now!

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I'll admit that I hopped onto the scooter with nothing but a pair of shorts, flip flops and a t-shirt whilst riding down from Magnolia to the Interbay.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
As well you should, because bieks is The Best hobby.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
The worst part about moving is that I have to drive the Explorer to and from school/work while I keep picking stuff up from the store or making a trip to the dump. I want to ride.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I hear guitar strings can be made of different materials. C/D?

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Slavvy posted:

How loving hard can it be to just look to the right before burying your gout-infested obese geriatric meatpaddle in the accelerator?

What if he has a neck problem and can't look right, you insensitive biker, you?

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
They're installing a lot of roundabouts around the Kitsap Peninsula near Seattle and my parents are going insane. It's hilarious. I like roundabouts.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Marv Hushman posted:

Ever notice how the definition of closing time in retail has d/evolved? Used to be if you got there by X:00, you could enter the store and out of a sense of decency, make a beeline for what you needed and move it along, with or without a very polite announcement. Today, closing time is I THE STORE MANAGER WILL HAVE MY CAR IN GEAR AT X:00:01 AND I DON'T CARE IF I HAVE TO START SHUTTING OFF LIGHTS AND SHOVING PEOPLE OUT THE DOOR 30 MINUTES PRIOR.

We lock the doors at closing time and begin our closing duties. The majority of people who walk in at the last minute (for our store) "just want to look around" and leave a mess. We don't kick anyone out and only ask people to leave of they're here half an hour past closing.
I'm sorry* if people can look up our phone number but not our hours and expect us to open every helmet box when they walk in at the last minute.
We're open seven days a week.

*I'm not sorry.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
We're not a dealer but sponsor racers,both street and dirt. Only dealer I know for sure had a team closed years ago.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
:downs: "you're safer without a helmet."

:geno: "we kind of view helmets as seatbelts."

:downs: "I don't wear those either."

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Let alone in their ear.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I'd have assumed you were in Seattle based on your story.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Expected this. Was not disappointed.

E: back when I commuted on the ferry the road to the boat was closed due to a "suspicious package." I turned off the bike, walked down the sidewalk around the block and to the ticket booth.
The cops laughed and let me through. Car drivers were all :rant:
Really empty boat that day. Got a good nap in.

its all nice on rice fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Sep 10, 2015

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I have State Farm and my premium is $400 for one year with complete coverage for my FZ6-
$500 collision & comprehensive deductible
Liability
Underinsured for vehicle and body

Comes out to around $33 a month.
My agent kicks rear end.

E: I made sure to call her and check on the cost to insure the bikes I was looking at.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Go with skid demon so we get our fill of underwear jokes.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Verge. Stop. We can all be friends

The hell we're all friends here.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Having parked on various parking garages, whether they be (un)paid or (un)guarded, I've not come across any issues.
I've even had drivers tell me (upon leaving) of free or reduced parking in the garage.
If the lot's pretty full and guarded, I'll ask the guard if I can park off to the side somewhere.
poo poo, I remember parking in packs of bikes and scooters under the viaduct. We'd all cram as many bikes into one spot or in the no parking zone as possible. Never got so much as a written warning.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Jesus, the bikers at my community college park better than that.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
God that thing is ugly.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I've been threatened with this for not cleaning up all the beard hairs.

http://thebeardking.com/products/beard-bib-black

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Infinotize posted:

Beards make you look like a hipster now, which is to say an idiot

Soon beards will be too mainstream, and the hipsters will have nowhere else to go but further up their own assholes. The new facial hair style will encompass styling your beard to look like taint hair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
My mom asked what I wanted for Christmas and I said "a dirt bike." she better come through on this.