Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Pope Mobile posted:

Slower cars use turnouts.

gently caress every soggy-brained doucheknuckle who ignores those signs and continues at 25 mph up or down the canyon in their rental Camry, slowing to 15 mph in turns that I can take my Silverado towing a motherfucking boat through at 55, because they don't have canyons in Wisconsin, yes that's another loving elk over there, stop and get out of the drat car to take a picture of it you loving dingdong, there's 17 cars behind you, a bunch of whom are trying to get to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I always kind of assumed the eye protection laws were to protect the rest of us. If you catch a hornet (rock, hay, hot coffee, really anything) in the eye, it kind of kills your ability to safely pilot the bike immediately thereafter. Given the base riding ability of a lot of the freedumb types, I wouldn't want to be in range of one when they turned their bike into something from Roadrunner and Coyote after catching a swarm of gnats in the face at 70 mph.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

M42 posted:

Man, what the hell is it with people blatantly lying about the condition of bikes/parts? "The fairings are good, no scuffs or scratches or cracks or anything, the bike is fine" I come out there to behold a bike in the shittiest condition I've ever personally witnessed. Paint bubbles from gas spills on a good 50% of the fairings, cracks at mounting points, dents/scuffs/scrapes, and the metal parts of the bike were so thoroughly rusted you couldn't separate the individual parts anymore.

It's like lying on a dating profile. The other person's not going to ignore the extra 150lbs when you meet.

I went back and pulled this off the ad

"If I wish really really hard, maybe it will happen!"

Out of curiosity:
Being one of the relative minority of ladies that are into bikes and knowing all kinds of shits about them, what's the response from a seller when you call bullshit on them?

edit: I mean, I would expect the sort of person to lie about the condition of a bike to also be the sort who would say, "Run along little lady and bring your boyfriend back so I can tell him about it."

HenryJLittlefinger fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Nov 5, 2013

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Crossposting from the Let's Invest thread.

http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/mcy/4161253548.html
"They have a little higher top end due to this bike being torqued down one, for more torque."

For rant content:
Why the gently caress can't you do some basic research when you're selling a bike instead of just making up complete bullshit? FFS, all you have to do is read the Wikipedia page and loving KBB values.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Xovaan posted:

Nooptept is great, but if you wanna feel some Limitless poo poo go snag some Pramiracetam and try riding for a few hours. :madmax:

Please elaborate. I'm interested in this stuff.

edit: Maybe by PM so as not to derail.

HenryJLittlefinger fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Nov 15, 2013

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Are there any UK goons that pronounce it Zed Three N?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Ambihelical Hexnut posted:

Guys, after watching a bunch of bike related videos I'm worried I might not be a real bike enthusiast. Though I've ripped apart and rebuilt a couple of the bikes I've owned, in the years I've ridden I have never once taken an angle grinder to my subframe to shower a bunch of sparks off in slow motion. How is it that all the bike people who are worthy of being in videos seem to do this every day of their lives and yet I've never done it once?

You might be ok if you've ever gotten longwinded about how bikes are a lifestyle and the metal just feels alive and you really connect with the bike and become one maaaan.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

It's also good practice to spend some time moving your bike while it's not running. Both on and off the bike. Walk it around, make 10-point turns, that sort of thing. With the exception of a curb more than 7" or going up hill, I've gotten pretty good at walking my bike all over without dropping it.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Is "chomo" slang for child molester? Do we really need a slang term for that? Also, "shamefur dispray."

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I can't help it. Since the last youtube update, my HerpDerp extension on Chrome doesn't work.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Z3n posted:

If you don't use playlists or time on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/feather_beta

It's amazing.

I really appreciate you.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Is Asphalt and Rubber like Iron and Resin or is it like Blood and Oil or Iron and Air or Seaweed and Gravel?

Asphalt and Rubber appears to be non-poseur.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Z3n posted:

I love that every hipster bike video has some moment with an angle grinder spraying sparks, even when they're supposedly doing repairs on the side of the road.

What the gently caress is the deal with this? Do these turds think that's a really common thing to do to your bike, like checking the chain? All of their bikes must just be covered with grinder scars. Some day there's going to be a blooper reel from one of their stupid videos where some knob goes up in a ball of flames because his leaky lovely CB750 had gas all over it when he decided to do the grinder rooster tail.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

That guy is insufferable.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Word counts on that page:

Plastic - 27 times
Carcinogenic - 5 times
Radioactive - 1 time
Think of the children - 1 time
Girl/girly as an insult - 3 times
Vintage - 120 TIMES.

And I can't get a good count on the number of times he says in one way or another that men aren't real men anymore.

HenryJLittlefinger fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jan 29, 2014

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I took out a few words to enhance STEEL VINTAGE VINTAGE OLD METAL SCULPTURE OLD

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

http://www.flamingsteel.com/a-fly-in-the-microwave.php

This guy is like a really poor imitation of Nick Offerman.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Trust funds.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I have not shaved in like 10 years. I trim my enormous beard when it's hot enough to warrant it and shave my neck only when the beard is too short to hide a neckbeard. loving hate shaving and loving love being a dirty biologist with no dress code or appearance standards.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

ReelBigLizard posted:

Related: I've nearly hit two pedestrians on my bicycle now. Both just walked out into the road because they couldn't hear anything coming.

This is why you need to constantly be going "blubblublubbublabahBRAPbuBRAPBRAPBRAPbuhBWAAAAAAAAA" while riding your pushbike.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

HotCanadianChick posted:

What an amazing coincidence: I just came here to post about the squid I was just driving behind-

Took the off ramp in front of me, immediately leaned way over off the right side of the bike like he was about to get his knee down, and then proceeded to barely get through the cloverleaf with his bike about 10 degrees from vertical, all while he hung his body entirely off the side of the bike with his arms locked ramrod straight.

It was one of the most glorious examples of squid idiocy I've ever seen.

squidiocy

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Z3n, why are you touching that poop.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Slavvy posted:

I don't see the functional difference in visibility between 'hey look a guy on a bike' and 'hey look a fuckwit on a bike'.

A fuckwit on a bike with a mohawk prosthetic screams "AVOID ME IN TRAFFIC!"

:haw: http://www.mohawkryderz.com/?page_id=2

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Been a while https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvV8ugiSeaM

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Pro-er tip - as a man you surely have daily experience of something that retains a small amount of liquid after you've finished using it, and should know how to deal with it. Don't worry, more than three shakes won't actually make the Baby Jesus cry.

So I'm supposed to whack my dick back and forth on the sides of the urinal for a couple seconds?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Linedance posted:

This is prior to putting it in the hole, not when removing it. I make sure it's empty before I pull it out, it's when I take it off the rack and the last person (probably a woman) didn't shake the tip that it spills everywhere.

I can't tell which you're talking about.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Well poo poo, don't tell the whole world.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Akion posted:

Colorado is also a "Freedom" state. I go to bike night at the local HD dealer (I mean, free food and $1 beers. How can I say no?) and I look like captain safety in my jeans, boots and armored jacket with a full face helmet compared to most of those guys.

No poo poo. I just ran a bunch of errands on my bike in Ft Collins, and there's a biker fest going on in town. I saw a thousand cruiserchopperbillybadasses mean mugging all over town and I was the only one wearing more than a helmet.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Here's Siler's latest pap: http://indefinitelywild.gizmodo.com/

Why'd he get fired? The obvious answer?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Today I was the rear end in a top hat cager.

In my big ol work truck. Went to merge into the right turn only lane as it was beginning, made it halfway through the merge (straddling the line as it got to the point of being two lanes wide) to find that some monkey on a V Rod had squirted up into my right rear blind spot. If he'd had loud pipes I'd have known he was there.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Radbot posted:

Thanks! I'm gonna try that one morning this weekend.

What's 119 and Peak to Peak look like lately? I'm doing Estes-Granby-Idaho Spgs-Ned-Lyons on Sunday.
Wave if you see a couple black and red naked Secas.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Excellent, thank you.

I just created a Colorado thread because it seems we could use it.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

In both of those situations, I would feel ok pulling a spark plug wire off. Or all of them.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

clutchpuck posted:

wife's favorite VFR

That's a pretty awesome wife that has enough VFRs to have a favorite one.

I'm gonna make a loving *~*~*~*~*:smug:MY BUELL:smug:*~*~*~*~*~* smiley for you.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Flint Ironstag posted:

One night I left work without noticing that part of the hose was in my chain.

How in the what in the gently caress?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

goddamnedtwisto posted:

(Also you want to try a ZX-7RR if you want to know the meaning of pain, assuming you're taller than a jockey. To get an idea, crouch on the floor with your knees around your shoulders and then try and do a handstand in that position)

Like this? :v:

Geirskogul posted:

Flint Ironstag posted:

Long day, hurry to get home, basic stupidity. Lesson learned.
No, he means the mechanics of it.

But yeah, how does a hose get in your chain? Some dingus grab the end of it and stick it in?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I have never gotten a puncture on a motorcycle.
:c00lbert:

I assume I'm not riding enough.

edit: Gaaah new page.
Content: I loving hate the new Ducati Scrambler promo movie so loving much. I'm literally angry about it right now. It's stupider than so much of the poo poo that goes on HNasty's blog. The only thing that could make it worse is a stupid fuckin voiceover about the real motorcycle lifestyle and how you have to own one to understand it.

HenryJLittlefinger fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Oct 1, 2014

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

clutchpuck posted:

I've never seen a group able to get more worked up over a marketing pitch than goons do.

I don't really hate it that much, it's just all I could think of to rant about on short notice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

hosed up a bunch of poo poo in my wrist and can't work a clutch. There goes any chance of riding before the snows come.