Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

nsaP posted:

1 mirror crew sound off

Yo (the other one broke and I'm cheap/lazy)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Finally found out why two consecutive sets of brake rotors were warped... My front wheel must have hit a curb or been in an accident before I bought the bike, and it's very slightly warped -_-

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Well, I can't figure out what else it might be, since four entire rotors so far have had the same pulsing problem. It's not the bearings or anything like that - it's speed dependant, when slowly rolling to a stop at a light, you can feel half the diameter of the rotor grab and then let go. Braking hard at high speeds chatters the whole front end (can get video on my next TD).

How would rotor buttons affect that? Idk if it matters, but I have the speedo magnets on one side for the sv gsxr speedo fix.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

What brand forks are on your bike? Showas do that. Mine does it too.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Z3n posted:

rotor buttons

:aaaaa: Well I'll be. Gonna blast it with brake cleaner and see if it works. Thanks!

M42
Nov 12, 2012

People tried to scam me for my $600 pregen ninja 250 with a blown head :laffo:

Yesterday I had some chick offer me half asking price for my old race suit because "i just bought a new dirtbike and am broke"

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Would that I could. I got the double whammy of being a small woman, so even the smallest men's gear isn't small enough. I wish I was like 6 fuckin feet tall

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Dude, that's rough :( I thought 28" plus tiny feet was bad. Get some power ranger race boots. My tcx make my feet like 1" taller at least.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

I disagree with your last sentence and submit myself as proof.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Gattaca ur legs, imo

M42
Nov 12, 2012

What an rear end in a top hat.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Professor Bling posted:

Quick edit: my uncle was a motorcycle trooper so I've been ATGATT since I could walk, taught "treat every driver as if theyre half-assed, half-drunk, and literally out to kill you," etc.,

:respek: you'll go far.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Man. Seriously. Calm down. I feel bad for you, you sound like you're posting through an anxiety attack.

If a more experienced stranger's opinions on your riding skills and the way you come off on comedy forum posts really makes you want to burn your poo poo and yardsale the ninja, just stop riding. If you call ribbing and being told with conviction that the way you think about bikes is dumb and dangerous "piss and bile", you really shouldn't be near motorcycles at all. I posted so much stupid poo poo here when I started, and didn't go loving nuclear when people called me out, I took their advice. That's how you keep yourself safe, especially in the most vulnerable years of your riding career. I don't know if you want it sugar coated and honey glazed or something. Maybe post on gsxr.com forums instead.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

I'm getting real burned out on wrenching. I keep putting off finishing the sv bar conversion because I gotta pull off the airbox, change out all the cables (throttle is a huge bitch apparently), change out brake lines, all this freaking crap in an apartment parking lot and high chances of loving something up, as is my M.O. Maybe one day I'll make enough to get things done at a shop.

<- this gang tag is a lie apparently :qq:

M42 fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Sep 4, 2016

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Yeah don't hope to one day make enough to take your bike to a shop, they suck rear end.

Just hope for a garage.

Yeah, you're right, even the best shops around here suck (one dented the poo poo out of a buddy's bmw tank, told him they were gonna "suck the dent out and paint it matte black" lmfao). I'm glad to have an underground garage at least, before I'd be out in the sun getting scorched while working.

Sagebrush posted:

Every mistake I've made while working on my bikes has been when it's starting to get dark or cold and I'm rushing to get things finished up because I can't leave anything out on the street overnight.

Exactly this. Though now I just throw a cover over my disassembled bike and nobody bothers it.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Having all the right tools helps a lot too, and that can also get expensive

At this point I've got a good amount, but a workbench would be really great. Can't use my drill press or a vise :v:

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Yeah dudes. And this is the only local shop I trust, too. Then there was the one in silver spring that turbo destroyed my already slightly destroyed ninja... gently caress shops, man

M42
Nov 12, 2012

I've seen a couple of those svmos, and honestly, it's just like whyyy. Spend all that time and effort wrenching to make a bike that's neither a good sumo/dirtbike nor a good sport standard.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

It's not even a good one of those, compared to a factory duallie.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Ride of the Valkyries came on one time when I was on the track, but a street setting is better for it imo :respek:

M42
Nov 12, 2012

I have engine ice in my trackbike, -26 f freeze point and was run by a top of the pack advanced group rider without problems

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Yeah, that's been me for the last three years 😢

M42
Nov 12, 2012

My rant is I really want a cb1300sf or a cbr250rr but they're japan/aus only A BLOO BLOO BLOO :qq:

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Are you loving kidding me this is like an hour and a half away from me

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Anybody that calls it a cage is immediately wrong about everything lmao

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Z3n posted:

M42, I have a buddy with a CBR250 or 400, I d k, maybe he wants to sell it. Street legal and CA registered!

Satan pls go

M42
Nov 12, 2012

I was extremely happy last time I got stuck and the UPS driver right behind me knew exactly what I was waving my arms about :kimchi:

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Bonus of being short - I can fully let my feet down while riding (highways, street, whatever) and not touch the ground, great for really long rides when I just wanna unfold em for a bit

M42
Nov 12, 2012

I never get tired of that story.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Tyro posted:

I just got back in town from a trip, get on my bike, start it up, and it vomits coolant everywhere. The outlet from the radiator is broken off from the housing and the radiator stay (a horizontal mount at the top of the radiator that connects the rad to the bike) is broken in half. No sign of any other damage. It was parked on a public street. It doesn't look like the bike fell over or was hit. What the gently caress?!

The damage is in between the cost of my comp and collision deductibles so I am torn on making a claim. I could replace the rad myself for under $400 but that's only assuming the fans are OK and nothing else was damaged.

I have no clue how this happened.

Post a pic. Bunch of my friends have used the ebay rads on anything from racebike to tourer and been fine. Also wouldn’t really ever make a claim for anything that’s not an mva.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Oh hey VA buddy! Yeah that's a bizarre spot for it to break, even if dropped, since it's not sticking out to the side... I say just throw an ebay rad on honestly