Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
AI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
After not mentioning it ever, when I showed up at my parents' place with my first biek, my dad casually drops that when he was living in Kenya, he and a buddy went halfsies on a featherbed Norton and used to race it on weekends.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Magna Carta V65 Custom
:mmmhmm:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Martytoof posted:

It’s 2021, why can’t I drop a GPX file into Waze, Google Maps, or Apple Maps and get them to turn-by-turn me to each waypoint :argh:

I have a 260km round trip that I want to do but it’s pretty littered with farm country roads so I definitely appreciate the “in 1km make a right” guidance. The last time I did this ride I used some janky GPX route app that crashed on me twice and was consistently horrible handling GPS causing me to have to backtrack a few times.
When we were out riding on Sunday my Z400 buddy was trying to find the same thing lol.

Haven't tried either yet, but Calimoto looks promising, but the route planning is all in-app. Scenic has GPX import. Wonder how much the subscription/"premium" options are lol

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Steakandchips posted:

I can't wait to just have the car license, buy a shitter and just forget it till I need it a handful of times a year.
You may want to eat more fibre

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
If you're still downtown-ish I can lend a battery tender

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Have had rodden

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Only time I've had that happen was up north on a winding two lane road with solid yellow. I gladly passed and tootled the driver melodiously in appreciation. They had a big trailer so I was more than happy to be passed them.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Gorson posted:

If that's F it's frozen garbage and doesn't smell too bad! If that's C :barf:
It's obviously Celsius

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
If you can't do it on the track, you can always try out for the Blue Jays!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Had a very iffy loose front tire experience back in May going from the Gardiner off ramp to the DVP. I'll occasionally have the rear get loose on some tight turns but never the front before.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
It won't cut out if you go into neutral first.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Welcome to Ontario!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Yeah there's some good riding in Ontario, it just tends to be not anywhere near the GTA lol.

Friend took me on nice country roads north of Oakville/Burlington, the aforementioned Forks Of The Credit/Mississagua Rd. combo, and Harburn Road from Haliburton to Fort Irwin is a blast if you're out in cottage country:

I've read about Hockley Valley and will try to head there next time I'm on my way to Guelph.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I haven't really tried it yet, but the Calimoto app has people saving rides In Your Area, and has some sort of trip planner you can tell it to avoid highways and whatnot.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Last time I was filling up, some shitheads in an older BMW pulled up inbetween the middle 4 pumps, one got out and went into the store and bought a couple bottles of juice, then they drove to the far side of the lot near the car wash and parked.

So effectively no one in a car could use 3 of the pumps while they got drinks. God forbid they park somewhere out of the traffic flow.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

Tesla themselves have started DMCA'ing (lol) Twitter and Youtube videos that make them look bad.
No they haven't.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

knox_harrington posted:

e: the embed doesn't timestamp :argh: so head to 2:45ish
Yes it does.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
There's a hole in your engine
Dear Slavvy, dear Slavvy
There's a hole in your engine
Dear Slavvy, a hole

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Canada has such a small market of potential bikes already, so the bigger areas are already picked clean.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
What? Just put it where you need some.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Strife posted:

But having spent most of my life in southern MA, Rhode Island drivers are much much worse.
Only did 7 years but same lol. Was getting off 95 in Providence and some dude cut me off do get on the same exit. I honked and gave him this finger, as ya do. As I was parking downtown he came up from the other direction, leaned out his window and said "You got something to say to me?!" Like ok, dude.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Russian Bear posted:

The strange thing about this is that the easiest way to carry a helmet is on your head. Safety aside.

Yea but FREEDOM

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I was more interested at seeing how fast the redline was in first gear. Turns out to be around 70-80 kmh.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
First time going shopping anywhere for more than like 15 minutes for the first time in like 2 years. No D rings on the helmet (GT Air 2) means no locking it to the hook on the bike! Oops lol.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
lol and now there's a nice sand & gravel patch right where I turn onto my street from the main road. Felt the front slip a tad on the way in. I wish this drat city would just run the street sweepers a couple of times a year to clean that poo poo up. Time to go find a broom.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

FBS posted:

2015 Yamaha yzf-r1
Sir, this is a Wendy's drive thru

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
God bless my Bandit and Fake Bandit

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Beve Stuscemi posted:

That weight hack is………..sort of legit?
Hey if it does the job and doesn't affect the axle, then what the heck!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
K.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I already have the pilot jets! Checkmate injectionailures! :smugdog: