Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

Spiffness posted:

I hate all motorcyclists. We're all assholes. It's terrible.

Quote this for the rest o the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
Yall got issues, start a tumblr, it's what I did.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

I agree with wall of text man, commuting is for the birds unless you can lane split and/or don't give a gently caress about johnny law. I hate being a semi grown up with liquor licenses in my home state, if I gently caress around too much I would lose those. I want to go back to being a hoodrat :snoop:

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Linedance posted:

The new Google maps is poo poo all around, I've started trialling Skobbler to see if it's a decent replacement. So far it looks good, but it isn't quite complete yet.

You can revert back to the old version

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Having hosed around with lots of navigation options I've found Google maps for finding roads and getting basic directions is best, for planning custom routes and that sort of thing I found co-pilot to be the best on iphone or android.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

I'm #90 but #1 in your hearts, right guys. This conversation reminded me that this poo poo never happens to me. I've been riding for over 14+ years and I've never had anyone try to purposefully run me off the road, well maybe I have and just don't remember but it seems to be a daily occurrence with some riders. I've never crashed cause of gravel in a corner, or oil or diesel (which I know is euro problem). I'm not accosted by stories of uncle's neighbor's brother dying at 200mph when people find out I ride a motorcycle. I mean I've heard those stories but not enough that they're any sort of problem. People don't merge into me all day long, I don't know I'm sort of statistical mutant.

*edit, just remembered I crashed n8r's bike cause of gravel, but that was a gravel road not a few rocks in the road.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Yeah same. I figured it was because I live in a nice place with no people around so nothing happens here. Someone did kinda merge into me once in Utah, but I hit the brakes and tooted my horn and was never in any real danger. I have however met a number of people who've stated they had to lay it down, for carefully weighed safety reasons, calculated in their head over the course of 200 milliseconds in a panic stop.

Right behind the layer dan story is the, I hit gravel bru excuse for crashing. I swear this magical gravel that takes people out must account for 50% of crash stories I've heard.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

clutchpuck posted:

I've mentioned this as well - riding for years, no real close calls with traffic or dopey crashes to speak of. The response here: "Do you putt around on side streets or something? No close calls in 6 years? That's drat near impossible, especially if you do any sort of track or canyon riding." Actually, I pay attention. I see cars do dumb stuff - a lot - but I don't put myself in the path of stupid.

I'd like to contribute to this thread by offering my sentiments on chip seal as well: GARBAGE. At least they put up signs in my area, but I still have some tar-embedded gravel stuck to my engine case and rear wheel from about 50 miles of the stuff between Cut Bank and Browning Montana. Seems like they try to put the stuff on the best roads, precisely when I want to have a good ride.

Yeah I'm not particularly safe rider, I've had plenty of crashes and accidents. I even hit a car head on doing about 60, it's just that I haven't had the same problems that most bikers do. At worst car drivers are stupid, once you accept that it's really hard to get mad at them for being stupid. When I do have a close call it's usually when I'm doing over the speed limit or something else equally stupid, hard to get mad at the other guy for that. I'm not saying there are no shitbird car drivers out there, I'm just saying lots of bikers just love to complain and play the victim.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Since I guess this is the bitching and moaning thread, what the gently caress is up with god drat nerds on reddit naming their bikes. Holy gently caress that's lame, I saw one today where some guy named his bike Audrey.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

It's easier to just not read reddit, c'mon sons

http://youtu.be/DOqb_UzJSUQ

RevDrMosesPLester keeps copy pasting links to me just to get my blood pressure up.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

Today I want to rant that all the good riding roads are at least ten miles from my house. Why can't they be one mile away instead? :reject:

Look who's back!

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

What kind of hosed up country do you live in where old people aren't scared of getting killed and stay hidden inside their hoarder nests? On a related story the people across the street from me think I'm a drug dealer.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

awwwwww poo poo we're gonna be rich bru, book deal here we come.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Hey I've no idea if you can pull the video to put up on your site but Belstaff, formerly makers of very nice, if slightly pricey leathers, have gone full motherfucking hipster in the last few years:

http://www.belstaff.co.uk/men/pure-motorcycle/

Now their "premium motorcycle wear" is made from loving waxed cotton and yet still manages to be pricier than Alpinestars stuff.

e: Oh tell a lie you can get a jacket with a whole 1 millimetre-thick leather shell (most bike leathers are 6mm or more) for a mere £1050

We have their David Beckham ad in our list of videos to post

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

hot sauce posted:

What would the CA shop be called, Chain Lube and Skidmarks?

Uh stealing this joke for the blog, thanks, checks in the mail.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Collateral Damage posted:

Re: the latest video you posted, why do these videos always open with a stupid slow-motion shot that looks like poo poo because they don't actually have a high-speed camera but just lower the frame rate on their 25fps video?

For a subculture that prides itself on being different above all, hipsters really don't have any original ideas. Taking something good and intentionally making it look/feel/perform like poo poo isn't original.

I don't know man, what bugs me is how are they paying the rent? Rent in Brooklyn can be very expensive. I've hear figures of up to $100/sq ft

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Is this a job posting thread now, because I literally make my living exploiting the poor, deal with it nerds. Something something free market etc...

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Everyone got jokes, write something about this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT75kh0W7Nw I know Bellstaff is prob hurting for bidness and selling waxed cotton to hipsters is super easy but, c'mon man. This is ridic.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Hey if any of you guys are like HTML or wordpress wizards or whatever hit me up I need your help.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

we've moved from tumblr to a real site yall, update your bookmarks http://hipsterbikevideos.com/

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

http://teespring.com/bhbv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Verge posted:

So some guy was going slow in the fog, presumably because his window was getting extra fog and he didn't activate his wipers; I go to pass him and he guns it. This is the near miss that occurs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJf8sSQlQzQ

Wide angle lens deceives, I could've slapped either vehicle's mirror.

How much do you love being a victim? Get a life.