Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
I hope the Reading Royals win all of their games and win the league

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Pablo Bluth posted:

All hail Alfie.

I'm so glad we kept him, hopefully Pog can step up this year too

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

thehappyprince posted:

donny weren't great today but weren't horrible like under saunders. probably need a striker if we're gonna avoid going down with millwall

Doncaster are safe because Leeds, Millwall and QPR will be going down so don't worry :)

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Poyet said the following today in response to something Tony Bloom had said.

Apparently it was all agreed at one point for Poyet to take over Reading with Adkins likely to replace him at Brighton, but Poyet changed his mind because he didn't want a relegation on his CV. I wonder how differently things would have turned out if he'd joined us?

We would still be relegated, so not much probably

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

T. Finninho posted:

This has been utterly dire

Welcome to Championship football

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Agreed, McD is a great manager but somehow makes it look much harder than it should be for most of the season before Xmas.

It's weird seeing Reading fans giving it "Adkins out" without any sense of irony, because we're 4 games unbeaten against good sides and drawing 0-0 away to Blackpool. I get the impression they were never exposed to a proper loving at the hands of Grimsby in the third tier.

Money getting to our heads obviously, we are going to have a spectacular crash at some point

Andre Le Fuckface fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Aug 24, 2013

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Following our deadline day failure, Reading have taken the 1984 route and removed the stories from the official site about how Adkins had named his targets and expected 3 big signings in the final days of the window.

Lmao if they've actually done that, the window was looking so good until this last week basically

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Charlotte Hornets posted:

Is winning the Championship considered a trophy?

Yeah, I think even 2nd place and the play off winners each get one

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

TelekineticBear! posted:

I hope Leeds loving smash Reading tonight

I hope for the opposite of this statement

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Yay Pog hasn't forgotten how to score!

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Yesssss Pog's back :D

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Yay Reading confirmed Billy Sharp signing

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article/sharp-signs-260913-1077603.aspx

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Apparently Zingarevich has bailed and wants to sell off his 51% of the club to middle-east investors. Haven't seen him pictured at a game all season aside from the friendly against Oman and our opening game against Ipswich. Fingers crossed the new owners don't Portsmouth us.

http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/news/readingfc/articles/2013/10/07/93802-breaking-zingarevich-could-sell-stake-in-reading-fc/

Welp, let's hope it's the generous type of middle-east investors I guess

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

CisSTAR 19 posted:

Sorry to poo poo up your thread with plasticity, but I read in the Echo that Will Hughes will probably be sold by Derby after this season. I know Liverpool have been sniffing after him. What kind of player is he?

He was easily Derby's best player when they played Reading and he scored a super sick goal

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

We are going to end up doing a Portsmouth but without the trophies :(

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Haha that's perfect

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

I for one can't wait to see Jozy tear up the championship as he is reunited with Di Canio

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Decent game this, both keepers having good games so far

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Bartons free kick was class

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Raffles posted:

I hope he can get us wholesale prices on Spanish wonderkids.

Looking forward to not having to check this thread anymore come next season.

The league 1/2 thread is much worse though

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Adnar posted:

Which player?

Ryan Edwards

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Lmao 7-0, when did we figure out how to score goals again

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

But that means he can't come back to us for the rest of the season :(

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Le Fondre hitting some good form right now, 2 hat tricks in 2 home games

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

How's Kebe been doing at Leeds so far? I loved him at Reading and was gutted when he left, but good to see he's actually getting football now

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Well from the games I've seen he is unable to control a football with either foot, can't get past anyone, finds passing difficult, and his crosses hit the first man or row z. My pal who's been to every game since we signed him on loan says similar things in a less diplomatic way.

Not happy about this Italian fella now, has it been confirmed that he is associated with the takeover bid? Last I heard they just said they'd spoken with him, nothing more.

Hmm sounds like we got rid of him at the right time then, Mcleary has been great this season

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Botswana! posted:

lmao at leeds

They're all poo poo, for sure

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Time for Reading to hit their 2nd half of the season form fully and win the league IMO

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

It's even better for us because Madejski isn't insane/a drunk

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Early red card, doomed from the start

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Pissflaps posted:

feeling sad today lads

I'm here for you Pissflaps, I share your disappointment today

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Royston Drenthe is the world's best paid wasteman.

He's been with us 8 months and still isn't match fit and no longer even warming the bench. You'd think pride would kick in at that point, but instead he posts pictures of him and his mates sitting around someone's house pissed and smoking shisha in Holland or out at a club with a mouth full of gold grillz.

I understand he hosed up his chance at Everton and did a big apologetic interview after where he said he had lost a stone and learned to stop going out, but he's been a tubby bitch since he's been here. Worse so he's apparently on £40k a week but more significantly Zingarevich signed him on a three year loving contract.

I wouldn't be shocked if he sat out his contract here and retired before he hit 30.

He's an idiot and looked like a promising signing until his injury and now he realises he prefers to chat women up on instagram and make poo poo music instead of playing football

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Holy poo poo what a goal

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

I hope we give Leeds a right good bumming tonight

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Charlotte Hornets posted:

leeds still being poo poo

also, drenthe is getting games at reading?

Yeah he's started last couple of games, wasn't even on the bench for a while due to being a fat fucker though

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Bozza posted:

Leeds are gonna go bankrupt, get another 15 point spanking and relegated down to League 1 again aren't they.

:(

I hope so

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Pissflaps posted:

Leeds can gently caress right off.

Agreed

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

I hope all of the teams above Reading lose the rest of their games and Reading win all of theirs

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

We were shocking yesterday as we have been for most of the season.

Looking forward to that Reading draw tonight, nobody wants 6th place do they!?

Reading are actually going to win 69-0 and finally make our push for play offs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

I hope boro go 2-0 up and we win 3-2 I'll do all the moves

• Locked thread