Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Pissflaps posted:

Hmm seems like Emnes has rediscovered his confidence.

Still not looking forward to the new season though. The first team is okish but the squad is paper thin. To make things worse there are rumours that Steele is on his way to one of the North West clubs.Really we need at least one or two more strikers a creative midfielder and a central defender to replace Jonathan "sicknote" Woodgate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Raffles posted:

I was more lamenting the fact the we seem to have no money to bring in any players but I worded it poorly.

Yeah I can't see him going either. I can see us doing gently caress all whilst he's around though.

The idea of us going up is laughable. We should be more worrying about going down. If we can't even win in what should have been a rout against a league 2 club that was stuffed 4-1 the game before how are we going to perform against anyone else? Remember we've won 3 competitive games in 8 months that's relegation form for anyone. An inconsistent winger and one so-so striker from leeds isn't going to change much.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Raffles posted:

Don't worry Tony apparently you can be as poo poo as you like and not get sacked. Nevertheless a welcome 3 points today, glad I didn't go though it sounded dire.

Didn't go to the match myself but from listening to Ali "rose tinted eyeballs" Brownlee on the radio we actually played pretty well and with a decent striker up front we could've scored 3 or 4 and won comfortably. By all accounts Richardson was tidy and made the defence look more solid and Adomah was class putting plenty of good crosses into the box. But we'll just have to wait and see whether this is the start of something good or just a blip before we continue our downward trend.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Aug 10, 2013

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Mowbray out. Worst start in 29 years and we've still got our traditional post christmas slump to come.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

the sex ghost posted:

McClaren in?

If he doesn't end up at Sunderland Poyet would be a good shout.

Comedy option Paulo Di Canio.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Raffles posted:

Mowbray in.

Mowbray out :getin:

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Pissflaps posted:

Tony I think it's time.

Taxi for Mowbray :frogout:

Edit: Reports of civil war at half-time with one chunk of fans singing "you're getting sacked in the morning." while the other is singing "there's only one tony mowbray."

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Oct 19, 2013

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Pissflaps posted:

I wonder who will replace Mowbray in the biggest job in Yorkshire football?

Good riddance he should have gone at the end of last season but Gibson has a bad habit of hanging on to managers too long.

Bookies Odds. VV

Tony Pulis 2/1, Nigel Clough 8/1, Karl Robinson 14/1, Alex McLeish 14/1, Martin O'Neill 14/1,
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink 16/1, Stuart Pearce 16/1, Gareth Southgate 16/1
Roberto Di Matteo 16/1, Paolo Di Canio 20/1, Nick Barmby 20/1, Gary Megson 25/1
Roy Keane 25/1, Phil Parkinson 25/1, Neil Warnock 25/1, Alan Curbishley 33/1
Peter Reid 33/1, Graeme Souness 33/1, Steve Cotterill 50/1, Juninho 50/1

Some interesting names there (and Gareth Southgate :psyduck:)

Gary Neville has apparently been speculatively linked as well.

Personally I would be happy with Clough or Neville delighted with O'Niell or Di Matteo and utterly disgusted with Di Canio.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Pissflaps posted:

When he showed me his todger in middlesbrough bus station.

Lies! there is no reason for Gibson to be in Middlesbrough bus station. In fact there is no reason for anyone to be in Middlesbrough bus station...

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Mowbray out. Sorry force of habit. Venus Out

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Ledesma :swoon: He's usually either totally poo poo or mostly poo poo depending on his mood. Today it was mostly poo poo.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Adomah!

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

Boro have let haroun go for some reason.

Because he's poo poo? and see Pissflaps above ^^^

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

We can still make the playoffs. Somehow, despite being rubbish till Karanka took over.

We won't but I can dream...

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

He's been injured for a while, today was his first game back. Can't say he's really stood out much though he's been mostly competent but not really done anything special.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Chris de Sperg posted:

It's all coming to a shuddering halt tomorrow, Pissflaps.

It's not happening and I won't get my hopes up, It's not happening and I won't get my hopes up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

Hang on do Boro fans think they might make the playoffs? Even with a win today you'd need to leapfrog so many teams with only 3 remaining. Even if you won all three, one of those sides above could do the same or slightly worse. Brighton could draw 2 and win one and still finish level points if you won all 4. A healthy GD though and if you did win all 4 presumably it would be better than Brighton's.

Personally I think the momentum is with Ipswich. They play Watford today and I think still have to play Burnley though.

Seriously,no. But the fact that a season we all thought was dead and buried weeks ago still leaves us with an outside chance of the play-offs is causing me to get excited. More realistically we'll finish 7th or 8th.

• Locked thread