Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles

SamDabbers posted:

The old launcher stored packs in %APPDATA%\.technic\<packname>, but the new version stores them in %APPDATA%\.technic\modpacks\<packname>. Add your custom packs in the launcher, close it, and move the <packname> directories from .technic into .technic\modpacks, and you should be good to go.

I'm getting the same problem where whenever I launch Technic, it only shows the default modpacks and not ones that I've added. I moved the packs to the new location, custom modpacks still aren't showing up when I launch, but I can now play my saved games from the default packs, Tekkit Classic, Hexxit etc. But Tekkit won't launch now, I must have stuffed something up when moving that one over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles
It's working for me now too, except I seem to have lost my saves in the process. I probably should have just left things alone instead of moving folders about.

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles

PiCroft posted:

Its a shame azanor keeps rebuilding Thaumcraft. I kind of miss its crazy pipe and liquid Vis system. I think a previous version had something similar to Runecraft where you put symbols on walls and could have an instant portal for example.

On the one hand its nice that it stays pretty tight and delivering core features as best as possible rather than tossing loads of features in that aren't fleshed out very well, but it also means having to relearn how the mechanics work for every version, something I find really irritating, and losing neat machines and mechanics is never good.

I'm very grateful he got rid of Taint though. As much as I was banging on about corruption-spreading stuff, generating a new world and then discovering the land near your base is naturally tainted and keeps spreading endlessly isn't that fun.

I think the taint in Thaumcraft 4 doesn't go beyond the biome borders (at least for naturally spawning taint biomes?) I've got a taint biome right near my spawn and it doesn't seem to be spreading.

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles

mechaet posted:

(shameless plug) Never Stop Toasting (based off of Ghost Seven's excellent Toast: Series of modpacks) has a 1.6 modpack out: http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/never-stop-toasting-16.213857

We also have the official server up in PGS, feel free to join us!

Could you post the modlist for Never Stop Toasting?

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles

wylker posted:

Hello!

I have a new Let's Play series on youtube featuring many goons from this thread.

You can watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnNaLgXxpGo

I will likely be inviting a few stragglers to this party also as our members die off/disappear but not until after the holidays.

Someone on the server should build Wylker a door.

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles
My problem with the whole Gregtechlike tedious grind approach is that I'm always trying out new modpacks, which means I'm starting from the beginning all the time. I wouldn't mind a bit of grind if I only had to do it once, but screw going through all that multiple times. It also means that if there's high end material requirements, I may never get around to actually building it. I'm always on the look out for more early to mid game ways of doing things, I haven't really gotten to the point where I have so many resources I don't know what to do with them or that is 'basically playing creative.'

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles
I'm getting a crash to desktop when I right click on my Mekanism solar generator in NST. Here's the crash report http://pastebin.com/n0uzG6Ec I've also had crashes when looking through minium stone recipes in NEI, and if I try to craft raw aluminium back into a block, I get solid ender, which I'm guessing probably isn't supposed to happen.

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles

mechaet posted:

I think I just found a mod that needs to immediately be added to all NST packs.

Sounds like you should make a grudge modpack that only contains mods with ridiculously restrictive licenses.

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles
My big reactor isn't turning into the multiblock structure. I have no idea what I've done wrong. I'm playing NST fat.

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles
Any ideas why a MFR harvester won't work? It's got power, it's facing the right way, redstone signal doesn't seem to make a difference. The idling bar isn't filling up like my other machines. The front is animated but that's about all it's doing. I'm in NST fat.

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles
Ah, I had a MFR item router directly on the back of it, instead of an itemduct first. I've got it working now, thanks!

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles

Ciaphas posted:

Honestly going through all that code makes me want to get my own programming chops on. But there's already A Mod For Everything, so I'm a bit bereft of ideas :(

If you're not opposed to browsing the Minecraft forums, there's a section just for that, requests and ideas for mods http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum/52-requests-ideas-for-mods/

Myself, I'd like an EE2 replacement, particularly the transmutation tablet, energy condenser and energy collector.

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles
In my Yogscast Complete game I find a portal gun in a loot chest. Cool, I think, that'll save me the trouble of getting a nether star to make one. Now what do I need to make a portal spawner, they'd be useful. They also require a nether star. WHAT are you loving kidding me!? :argh:

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles

GhostSeven posted:

1.7 Modpacks, is there a toast a like one yet? or NST one? Or what is the go to tech fun 1.7 mod pack at the moment?

There's Bevo's Tech Pack on the ATLauncher.

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles
In my Modderation:Permabanned game, I don't seem to be able to import/export items into Mekanism machines. I've got my Mekanism production line set up in other modpacks, so I don't think I've set things up wrong or anything.

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles
Mekanism 3x ore processing line

My crusher configuration

So it should be taking from the purification chamber on the left, and giving to the enrichment chamber on the right, right(the slot is dark blue, not black)? Toggling the strict input button doesn't seem to make a difference. I haven't done anything with AE2 yet.

Another weird thing I've noticed, sometimes objects don't stack even though they should. Like I'll have 2 lots of cobblestone and I won't be able to stack them together, and they don't have different item ids or anything.

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles

CrazyTolradi posted:

What texture pack are you using there for the higher resolution Mekanism machines?

Soartex Universal.

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles

Sunblood posted:

Re: Mekanism sides

There are two sets of sides on the config UI. The left one and center slot are used for Mek's own sorting transfer pipes and you don't need to worry about it if you aren't using those. The right one is the standard TE style config.
Dark Red = material input (ores or whatever)
Dark Blue = output
Purple = secondary input (oxygen for a purifier, etc)
Green = Battery slot input (if you're automating actual batteries back and forth for some crazy reason)
Orange = Speed/Energy upgrade slot input

So the really important colors are Dark Red and Dark Blue, plus Purple for some specific machines. Strict Input is for the aforementioned Mek sorting. Auto Export will push the finished materials to an adjacent inventory if possible.

When automating with AE, don't use an Import bus on a Mek machine. Instead just put an Interface on the output side and set the machine to export. The Import bus will not pull fast enough to clear the finished product, plus it uses more energy and resources. An interface is passive and will take items as fast as you can put them in there.

Also, turn on Auto Sort. It's beautiful.

Ah I see. I had gotten a completely different idea of how that gui worked, I guess when I've used the machines previously I must have just ended up using the right colours just by accident.

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles
On what y levels does aluminium/bauxite ore spawn?

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles
I let Modderation update itself, now it seems like Nei searching isn't working?

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles

mechaet posted:

What's not working with NEI searching? I've got a server full of people who it's working for.

It's my single player game. I go into the inventory screen, type something in the search bar, and nothing happens. The nei items listed on the right hand side don't change.

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I wanted to chime in about NEI problems in Modderation. For me, it takes minutes for a search to resolve, and then the results often have other junk in the results. I just check the search results and eventually the search went through. It does not look like switching dimensions changes this.

When I had similar problems with NEI, going to the saves folder and deleting the NEI folder in there worked.

In my game, the Project E transmutation tablet has stopped working. If I put something in the left hand side, nothing shows up on the right.

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles

Maiden posted:

That's actually default behavior by IC2 and Mekanism, to shove their armor onto everything

I've seen a skeleton wearing a Mekanism jetpack. He didn't use it to fly around though.

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles

McFrugal posted:

I finished ME^3 finally.

Great map. I just don't like the nether quests. Or the ender dragon fight, or the two optional quests after the ender dragon.

How did you go with the mobs that are supposed to fight for you? I've found turrets most useful so far, I can stick them down in a large dark area to hold mobs off while I go around lighting up the area. The bound soul just seems to wander off on his own and doesn't stick by me. The crafting golem, well it's cool having a walking crafting table, does it actually fight mobs though? I had a brief skim over the books with all the variants you can make. I'm in the biosphere at the moment, I found the temple in the sand but I haven't found any of those snake head blocks for that quest, and I've dug up all the sand, I'm down to dirt.

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles
I let Modderation update itself, now Mekanism cables don't seem to be working?

Maybe I'll just replace them with EnderIO conduits?

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles

ptroll posted:

In the Thaumcraft config there should be an option to enable the cheat sheet thauminomicon. From there you just spawn it in and read it, and it'll unlock everything.

Be careful if you're playing a version with warp, because I think unlocking everything will give you all the warp you'd normally get from completing them individually all at once.

I've been bottlenecked in my Thaumcraft research, I keep running out of Ordo. I've got 1 Ordo crystal cluster next to my research table, I've been throwing everything I can spare through the deconstruction table. I'm thinking I might just screw it and go the cheat sheet unless anyone has any other bright ideas.

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles
Can withers be captured with safari nets, and put into an autospawner? Would I have to put it in a special room to contain it? I remember hearing something about octuple compressed cobblestone being used to contain withers.

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles
I let modderation update, I get a crash to desktop if I play my old save. Starting a new world works.

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles
When I try to load my saves in Modderation, I get the following error:

There are five unassigned blocks & items in this save. You will not be able to load until they are present again.
OpenComputers:Raid (listed twice)
OpenComputers:microcontroller (listed twice)
openComputers:eeprom

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles

Halibut Barn posted:

I was getting that too. I managed to fix it by loading level.dat in an NBT editor, searching for those values, and deleting the K: and V: tags it finds associated with them.

Can I get some more help with this? I got my level.dat in NBTExplorer.

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles
I got a crash trying to launch Resonant Rise 3 on the ATlauncher. Here's the crash log. Could someone please have a look and tell me what went wrong?

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles
Which mod in Resonant Rise 3 adds the blood moon? I disabled infernal mobs, any other mods that add overpowered mobs that I can disable?

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles

RaspberryCommie posted:

What's the general consensus on Flaxbeard's Steam Power? Was looking it over and was thinking of seeing if I could build a pack around it, but figured I'd ask you guys since you know more about me with technical stuff like how much CPU certain blocks eat up and stuff.

I've started playing with it after seeing Yogcast Duncan use it in Flux Buddies 2. I'm having trouble getting the Archimedes screw to work, to input water. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles

Vib Rib posted:

I don't see anything wrong with it that wasn't wrong with EE2 in the first place. It's also far more adaptive to other mods in both config files and automatically.

The Mercurial Eye hasn't been implemented yet (at least the last time I checked) and in my Modderation game the Transmutation Table broke & stopped working. But I'd still rather play with Project E in 1.7 than go back to 1.2.5 (sorry Rutibex!)

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles
Can anyone recommend a skyblock, like say Agrarian Skies, but for 1.7? I started Sky Factory 2 on the AT Launcher, but it seems to just have tech mods, I'd like to have a few magic mods to play around with as well. And it'd be cool if it had a questbook to teach you how to use them. Sky Factory doesn't have it but it has an achievement book, that'd be good enough I guess.

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles

Vib Rib posted:

Clouds of Darkness includes a bedrock-hewn "labyrinth" in the form of a 3-tall, 1-wide hallway maze with no light. It's hard to tell from the image, since only lit up areas are visible on it, but the map is a square, so all that dark area between the corners, that's more map. There's about 10 treasure chests scattered throughout, and then the final room has like fifty goddamn chests, each full of loot.

It's about as fun as it looks. Actually worse, because doing a map from overhead is kind of boring, but in first person, even if you install an in-game mini-map, it's a piece of poo poo. Also various mobs will spawn as you explore, including baby zombie infernal mobs with that overpowered mekanism armor/weaponry (unless you were smart enough to turn that last bit off manually).
I explored the first bit before I got bored and installed additional mods to help but even now I wish I hadn't. Even with a map and a lighter beelining me to the exit it took ages, I can't imagine doing this manually.

And to make it even worse the treasure chests have no balance whatsoever. One of them will have like some factorization inscribers or whatever you find in chests, 3 thaumcraft amber, and like, glasses. The next chest has 64 iron, gold, and diamond blocks each, plus stacks and stacks of other poo poo.
The final room again has another stack of lapis, coal, iron, diamond, and gold, plus between all the chests there's an absolute shitload of ores/ingots and other miscellaneous treasures. In fact, it's too much. The map is a Nihilo-based, tech-ish adventure-skyblock, and right now I have like 1,800 diamonds even though I haven't reached the part in the tech/quest tree where I'm supposed to be able to make my own yet. And despite loading me up with all that stuff, they chests have absolutely 0 copper, tin, lead, silver, platinum, nickel, or any number of other materials you need more. So I've got like 3 silver bars, and 3 stacks of diamond blocks. What's even the point now?

My recommendation: avoid it entirely. Don't go there at all. If you want a little bit of challenge-reward, go in far enough to find the first chest or two (saying now they're packed with ingots/blocks, so still a huge reward). But getting to the end is apparently NOT mandatory despite the quest talking about it, so just gently caress the labyrinth. gently caress it.

It's a shame, too, because a big labyrinth, hand-made and decorated with varied rooms and monster encounters and traps and lavish halls and grand treasure rooms could have been cool as gently caress. Instead we get this computer-generated nightmare.

e: No, seriously, how the gently caress could anyone have thought this could be fun.

I've started playing Clouds of Darkness. It's annoying that the regular recipes for torches, charcoal + stick is disabled, it means I have to sieve for coal dust, sulfur or glowstone dust before expanding the platform.

Why do hunger mods, like even exist? Vanilla hunger seems to actually get it right, in that it's not too annoying. The mods just make it so you have to constantly chow down food (the reason why most games don't require you to eat in the first place), or you have to eat different things, which is one more annoying thing to worry about if I'm starting a new game. It's enough challenge I feel to establish a regular food supply, then just carry a stack of bread or whatever and never worry about it again. I don't wanna have to start farming like a million different things whenever I start a new game. Just make it so that eating different things give you different bonuses or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles

SugarAddict posted:

Iron-chests (if that's the game), adds upgradeable chests with more and more rows of inventory. Supposedly has some code in it that activates in the presence of other mods and goes "gently caress you"

Woah, what's the story here?

• Locked thread