Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Vib Rib posted:

Is there any way to fly in Hexxit, or at least something close to it? I just got into the Nether and there's suddenly so much to do, but I'm having a lot of trouble getting around.

An Electric Staff (from Better Dungeons, I think) will let you effectively fly. You'd want to make a bunch though because they break pretty quickly. You could also breed a gold chocobo and then use a red gysahl (gysahl + red dye) on it to make it a red chocobo, which can fly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Vib Rib posted:

Doesn't breeding a gold Chocobo take forever? Still seems like my best option right now, especially since I had no idea they could go through portals.

I admit I'm just assuming they can; I thought all mobs could go through portals, even mod ones.
If they can't go through portals, they might be able to go through dimensional doors. I'll try tonight and see.

Edit: And yeah Chocobo breeding can be a major pain in the rear end, so I can understand not wanting to deal with it.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
I'm having a weird problem with my Hexxit server, and it only seems to be happening to me and no one else. Whenever I'm around our base (a converted Better Dungeons sandstone mansion), my FPS drops down to 6-8 and won't recover until I get a good distance away from the place, and only stays high if I don't look at it. If I even so much as look at the mansion, my FPS drops to at least 11.

Does anyone know of any block in particular that might cause this issue? We don't have anything especially interesting in the mansion, just the usual stuff. We do use a lot of reinforced chests from Better Storage and a lot of Bibliocraft stuff, but like I said, it's not affecting anyone else really. In a tech mod I'd have some machines in mind I could blame initially but I really have no idea where to even begin diagnosing this in Hexxit.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Does anyone know how to get a listing of Entity IDs for a given mod configuration? I'm messing around with MATmos in Hexxit for fun and want to have boss music. This is easy enough for the Ender Dragon and Wither, who have known static Entity IDs, but the Better Dungeons mobs and Twilight Forest bosses are eluding me. It seems like their Entity IDs might be dynamic, and set only when the mods are loaded, but I really don't know. As far as I can tell, NEI can only dump block and item IDs, while Entity IDs remain entirely obscure.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
I checked the MFR thread on the MC Forums but couldn't find any info about this; will MFR just run normally with no power requirements if no mod that can provide it power is installed? I seem to recall reading this somewhere, but can't remember where. I'm thinking about adding it to my custom Hexxit-based pack for the time being but I don't want to add any other tech mods if I can avoid it (not because I don't love TE, I'm just kind of burnt out on the usual tech mod scene).

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

CultusImperialis posted:

Pretty sure MFR has at least one power source (BioFuel/Gas/whatever the hell it is called), so it should be usable as a standalone mod.

Oh, right, I'd forgotten about that. For simplicity's sake, though, I'm thinking about having them require no power, which I guess is possible, since I found this on the Technic Wiki (the official one, no less! I didn't know there was an official Wiki.)

http://wiki.technicpack.net/MineFactory_Reloaded posted:

All MineFactory Reloaded machines that have power draws can have their energy requirements changed in the configuration file.

I assume that means I can set everything to have no power requirement, which would be what I'm going for.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

wylker posted:

On a side note, here is a video about OpenBlocks, a cool mod made by Mikee: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbCxjv9NozM

Is this for 1.5.2? I might be an idiot but I don't see any indication of the intended version anywhere.
I hope so, because I need this mod in my life.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Is there a way to get all the cool trees in Forestry without bee breeding? Like maybe some mod that just puts them on the overworld or something? Some people on my server don't mind the bee breeding poo poo, which is great for them, but I can't stand it.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Does anyone know what this stuff is?

These lines appear only in specific chunks I've pasted in to my server world via MCedit, but only these chunks (I pasted in a bunch of others that don't have this problem). These weird grid lines appear to be client-side only, and don't really appear to show up around anything in particular, although they look like they might be boxes around something. They only show up at ground level, and they're not even at the borders of the chunks; they only seem to appear at the base of this hill. For me, they're white, but for my friend (who took the screenshot), as you can see they're black.

The server is running a modpack initially based on Hexxit. With the following added: Forestry, Misc Peripherals, Nether Ores, OmniTools, Power Converters, Railcraft, Logistics Pipes, Magical Crops, Mekanism, Magic Bees, Atomic Science, Liquid XP, ComputerCraft, Equivalent Exchange 3, Effector Fields, Electric Expansion, EnderIO, Ender Ore, Flat Signs, Gregs Lighting, Applied Energistics, Big Reactors, Buildcraft, Chicken Chunks, Thermal Expansion, Weapon Mod, Wireless Redstone, Enchanting Plus 15.5, Project Bench, Iron Chests, MineFactory Reloaded, OpenBlocks, Underground Biomes, Better Furnaces, and Ender Storage.

(edit) Client side, I added OptiFine, Better Animations, and Rei's Minimap, but those were added before I added the mods above.

I didn't see anything in the settings that might be controlling this, although it's possible that I didn't look hard enough.

Fortis fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Sep 12, 2013

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Cantorsdust posted:

I bet you anything it's Optifine. A lot of mods have weird interactions with Optifine, and the client-side only problems point to that as well.

It's certainly possible and I'm considering Optifine as a culprit, but by 'client side' I really only meant that these lines appear to not really 'exist' according to the server. I thought they were OpenBlocks tanks at first, but you can just walk right through them. There are no performance drops or anything near them, either.

The more I look at it, the more I think that Vib Rib's suggestion is the likely cause; this map is made up of a lot of pasted-in chunks, but the vast, vast majority are from a vanilla server which I marked for repopulation. These chunks are the ONLY ones that came from a Toast server. If these are emanating from a block, it's probably one that was an ore in Toast and is a machine now, that for whatever reason displays this bounding box. We'll try to get to the middle of one of these boxes and see what's in there.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

DigiDigi posted:

I made a different sort of power armor. For those fond of FF6:

It mostly just burns things.
1.5.2 Download (Make backups.)

For nostalgia's sake you should litter villages with inert ones the player can't interact with no matter what.

Seriously though, this looks amazing, I'm going to try it out tonight.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
This might just be all the Terraria I've been playing talking, but has there ever been a 'Social Armor' mod for Minecraft? It actually looks like there hasn't, which surprises me, but I'm wondering if I just missed it. Being able to at even just hide armor while still having the benefits would be pretty cool. I know that Modular Powersuits can do it, but some flexibility would be pretty nice for servers.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

tooterfish posted:

I just got all my mods working together properly, so of course it is.

You're not going to have any imperative to upgrade any time soon; the huge refactor of the code in 1.7 means mods won't be updating for quite some time. If modded is how you primarily play MC, 1.6 is going to be the version du jour for the foreseeable future.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Vib Rib posted:

I thought the huge refactor in 1.6 was what delayed mods, you're telling me this is going to be even worse?

What I know for sure is that on August 29th, Grum tweeted:

grum's twitter posted:

I think I just did the biggest refactor in Minecraft history, 222 commits, 379 files changed, 25023 lines of diffs. Breaks all the things!

I'm pretty sure that referred to a 1.7 change. CovertJaguar bitched about it and everything, but I can't find that right now. Maybe it was in reply to the tweet, though.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Is it possible to apply MCPatcher to a modpack.jar?
I've been including OptiFine in the 1.5.2 pack I set up for a few friends, but I'm finding lately that OptiFine is making blocks with overlays (like Glowstone Illuminators or the lava brick from Chisel) look like flickery bullshit (the top texture flickers and dissapears), but I really like CTM and RandoMobs. I can't find any information on whether or not running MCPatcher on modpack.jar will work. I seem to recall it won't, but maybe I'm wrong or that's changed.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
I would love to see something like the Redpower windmills except they generate power people actually give a poo poo about. Those were super cool aesthetically. I know some mods have wind generators but they're either tiny or just inert blocks. When RP2 for 1.4 was teased, the windmills were the only thing I got excited about.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
How the gently caress do you refine uranium in Atomic Science? I'm running a modpack I made myself for me and a few friends that's basically Toast + Hexxit with a few other things thrown in (I call it Texxit, yee haw) and I'm trying to make a Big Reactor, but can't find enough yellorium, so I want to refine uranium, but putting it in the centrifuge doesn't do anything. Being a UE mod, there's no documentation whatsoever that isn't from 2012, so I have no idea.

But also, does anyone else use Underground Biomes and Big Reactors together? I've turned up the ore generation for yellorium (I think; 1.0 spawn chance, 1.5 multiplier), enabled retrogen, increased the amount of veins and blocks per vein, restricted it to y32 and lower, and still have found nothing. Artifice retrogen is working, and I thought they shared the same code for that (that's a logical leap I made from reading this thread so forgive me if that's incorrect) so I should be seeing yellorium ore, but nope. I can't tell if it's underground biomes interfering with it or something else.

To be fair, I also have Metallurgy 3 and CoFH Core doing world gen, but again, Artifice and other non-CoFH/non-Metallurgy mods are all spawning ore just fine, so I don't know what the gently caress.

Finally, as another potential solution, I thought about using Metallurgy 3 to add my own custom yellorium spawn, but I can't find documentation for adding custom ore generation anywhere. Is that still possible, or was that just a Metallurgy 2 thing?

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
So is there any kind of power conversion option for 1.6 yet? I know the guy who ported MFR and Nether Ores isn't doing Power Converters.
I was looking at updating my 1.5.2 server but it seems like it would just be awful to do while trying to keep the world intact. Maybe it's best to let the dust settle and let mods add RF support and hope someone ports Power Converters before I take the plunge.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Hey KL, potentially stupid question... how tenable would you say actually updating a 1.5 world running TE2 to 1.6.4 running TE3 would be? Assuming I matched the Block/Item IDs between the original liquiducts & fluiducts, conduit types, and energy cells, would it be much of a hassle, you think? I'm writing off Tesseracts entirely as no matter what I do, two thirds of them will have to disappear. Mainly I'm wondering what replacing engines with their corresponding dynamos would do; would they flip out due to improper NBT data or anything like that? I want to use all a cool new poo poo but I neither want to restart my server world nor have my users murder me for restarting the server world. :saddowns:

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

mechaet posted:

The exact same problem I am having trying to update Never Stop Toasting to 1.6: No matter how I slice it, a large number of mods are not going to move to 1.6.4 and the ones that do have changed a lot of things.

I've resolved myself to just setting up a second server whenever I can get this stupid modpack to actually start up correctly.

Yeah, I'm using a pack that's a hybrid of Hexxit and Toast, and a lot of the Hexxit stuff is just going to have to go. I'm not finding much that's changed drastically aside from TE (which I really, really don't mind, since all the new stuff is amazing) but I haven't even looked at whether or not the UE clusterfuck has dramatically changed or not. I fear that's where the second snag is going to be. That and the fact that Power Converters hasn't been/isn't going to be updated.

Edit: Also, can anyone tell me if 1.6.2 mods work in 1.6.4? I see some mods that say they're for 1.6.2, others say they REQUIRE 1.6.4, and then some say 1.6.X. I know there's no Modular Powersuits for 1.6.4 explicitly, only 1.6.2, and really if that's not going to be possible I give up at updating this poo poo. Although looking again, MPS-Addons isn't updated for 1.6.X either so maybe I should just give up regardless. :negative:

Fortis fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Nov 19, 2013

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

KingLemming posted:

Remove TE from the world, then update, run the world, make sure all the stuff is completely wiped, and then install TE.

That's really about the only way it can go well for you. Major version changes tend to be exactly that, sorry.

That's about what I expected, so no worries! I just wanted to get the official word to be sure. It'll definitely be worth it. :)

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Can someone explain to me what "ticking tile entity" even means? I know how to fix it, and I know it's a problem. I know that a tile entity is a block that does stuff, like a machine or pipe. I know Minecraft measures time in 'ticks', but none of that makes the error mean anything to me. And then the crash report says 'tile entity being ticked' which just doesn't... what? Stop loving ticking it, then!! :argh:

I'm hoping that if this can be explained to me it will make me SLIGHTLY less furious when it happens, I mean, aside from the anger I feel having to download the entire overworld and deleting the single offending block every time.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

30.5 Days posted:

Ticking tile entity is meaningless by itself. The real error is almost always further on down the stack trace. This has to do with the way exception handling works in java, and chaining exceptions. Essentially, the code for running a single tick's worth of logic on a tile entity looks like this:

pre:
try {
 tickTileEntity();
} catch (Exception e) {
 throw new Exception("Ticking tile entity.", e);
}
The result is that the top-level exception says "ticking tile entity", which really means, "An exception occurred while tile entity was ticking", but you should see the inner exception about halfway down the stack trace.

Squirrelo posted:

As far as I can tell in the time I spent dealing with this poo poo, it means that the entity took so long to process that it started loving up the tick cycle and eventually crashed. It normally happens when things either go infinite loop or are too processor intensive for the computer they are running on. Seeing as minecraft basically uses one processor to do all the calculations, this means that the more processor intensive mods can screw up and take too long when mixed with enough other mods that also take a significant amount of cpu power.

Okay, this makes sense, thanks guys. Understanding it does actually make it piss me off a little less, I think.
I did discover something last night in dealing with my server's billionth loving ticking tile entity problem; the crash report points you to the actual .mca file, which I already knew (it says chunk <whatever> in region X, Y, meaning the file will be in region/ and named X.Y.mca). I have had issues with NBT Explorer in the past where I'd delete the offending block and it wouldn't actually go away once I reuploaded the region file, so I've been resorting to MCEdit, which I thought meant that I had to download the entire region folder to maintain data integrity or some poo poo. I'm honestly not sure what I was thinking.
In a fit of impatience I figured that regions are pretty big, and replacing the one region file from my local copy of the world with the one from the server to edit it might not actually cause any issues... and it doesn't. MCEdit does not care, and editing one region file isn't going to affect any others, which makes sense I guess, but it's good to know. I do wonder if you could get away with downloading level.dat and just the one region file, then open level.dat in MCEdit, but I assume that would gently caress something up with all the other regions completely missing. At the very least I'd guess MCEdit would flip out.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
I believe Curse actually required some kind of copyright notice for all mod threads on their forum (as in, the mod release/update/etc threads, posted by the modders themselves), which I guess was the beginning of all of this. I never read the post though because the :argh: MODDERS' RIGHTS :argh: situation is so dumb I don't want to bother.
The second thing, and what I thought was the major catalyst to the entire situation, was CovertJaguar's fights with the Technic crew, which lead to Slowpoke turning that drama into the FTB fiasco/launcher.

I might be completely wrong, particularly about the FTB poo poo; it just seemed like the modders' rights poo poo cropped up around then in full force, right around when FTB was getting big and Slowpoke and CJ were kicking up all the poo poo they could. But, I am unapologetically biased towards Technic, so I might be giving FTB too much 'credit'. v:v:v

edit: It might be two different things. Curse encourages modders to license their mods, which is dumb in and of itself, but I think it existed for a while before the modpack fury that some modders now exhibit. It probably wasn't until the Sengnir/CJ/other dumbasses v. Technic melodrama that modders started putting poo poo in their terms of use like 'IF YOU USE THIS WITHOUT MY PERMISSION YOU ARE LITERALLY A MONSTER, YOU MUST CONTACT ME AND GROVEL TO HAVE THIS IN YOUR MODPACK OR THE POLICE WILL KILL YOU. I CAN ENFORCE THIS BECAUSE I HAVE AN UNCLE WHO WORKS AT POLICE.'

Fortis fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Nov 20, 2013

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Rita Repulsa posted:

Do the plus pack and toast guys ask for permission for the things they include or do they just do as they wilt

The official Technic packs (Technic, Voltz, Hexxit, Big Dig, etc) get permission. That's why RailCraft isn't in Technic (afaik) for instance.
Plus/OMP and Toast don't get permission as far as I know. Most people just putting a pack up for friends on the platform don't bother to get permission. I have a couple unlisted packs and I don't bother.

The only time I'm aware of a lone guy putting together a modpack and seeking out permission for every single mod was when 30.5 Days embarked on his quest to get Big Dig for 1.4.7 made, before it was officially part of Technic. He actually succeeded, but from what I remember about his chronicle of the events, it's probably a lot more work than most people (working by themselves) would be willing to do just to make a modpack.

edit:
I remember when the Solar Helmet thing happened where it would detect Technic and say "no cookie for you" in the crash log, which always struck me as particularly smug and simultaneously dumb as hell. That was RichardG, I think, who has always been a class act.
\/\/\/

Fortis fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Nov 20, 2013

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Magmarashi posted:

Whatever happened to that force field mod? I can't recall the name of it to do a search and I'd like to plonk it into a server pack for my friends.

Effector Fields? The only place I've seen a download link is in this thread. I think it's in Toast as well.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Is there a way to unlock all research in Thaumcraft 4 at once? I cannot possibly describe how un-fun I find this tedious horseshit.
I remember there being an admin-only item for this, but nothing in NEI is catching my eye as the one I want.

edit: Nevermind, the Cheat Sheet was disabled in my configs. :doh:

Fortis fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Dec 1, 2013

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Is there some trick to using the Infusion Altar in TC4 that I'm missing?

I set up the altar and created it successfully (the columns bent inward toward the runic matrix) and set up 8 pedestals around it in a circle. My essentia jars are in the same room as the altar, around the perimeter. The furthest a jar gets from the altar is maybe 5 blocks.
I wanted to make the Boots of the Traveller, so I put leather boots in the central pedestal and the required ingredients on the pedestals around it, clicked the runic matrix with the wand and... nothing. I moved the two necessary essentia jars closer to the altar itself (1 block) and still nothing. I put the jars on the pedestals, and nope.

Am I doing something obviously wrong? The only other thing I can think of is that I forgot an ingredient. Aside from the boots to be infused, I put down two air shards, a raw fish, and two of the magic fabric I've forgotten the name of. But I was checking the Thaumonomicon constantly so I doubt that's it.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

dijon du jour posted:

Are the leather boots in a completely undamaged state? Infusion recipes that require items that have durability need those items to be in a like-new condition.

Also are you right-clicking?

I also noticed you didn't mention putting down a feather. I dunno if you forgot that.

Oh yeah, the feather. I... hm. I'll have to check tonight. I might have melted all my feathers into essentia like an idiot. :saddowns:
Otherwise though, the boots are undamaged and I tried both right and left clicking (I assumed it was right, though).
Honestly I hope it's just that I forgot the feather, configuring this room was a pain in the rear end.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Does Project: Red have Flax? I know Natura's got cotton and all, but it's a bit of a pain in the rear end compared to flax, which was dead easy. Project: Red's documentation is non-existant, so I know it's a 1:1 recreation of RedPower (but hopefully optimized...) but I don't know if they've gotten to recreating flax yet.

Edit: Also does it do the same bullshit thing where the machines are in the same module as the volcanos and rubber trees?

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

axelsoar posted:

Just ranch some sheep using MFR, if you have enderIO you can use a SAG furnace to get string out.

Oh yeah, I know, I was just asking for a friend who plays on my server and can't seem to get the whole "sheep farming" thing down, and I was just curious as to how good Project: Red was in general because in spite of its performance issues, I really liked the aesthetic of RP2 and sort of miss certain elements of it.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
So, Thaumcraft question... how does one manage Taint these days? I know about the Ethereal Bloom, but the description seems to basically say "This plant will purify tainted land. It can't purify taint directly. It can purify taint directly." :psyduck:
Am I supposed to put blooms on the outskirts of tainted biomes and slowly move in or what?

Also, do Mekanism machines still not auto-eject? I have it enabled on the right side of my factories and they are just not doing it. Each machine also has the left side configured as input, so I don't know what the gently caress.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Do some mods increase the rate of armored mobs? I know 1.6 introduced that bullshit inhabited chunk difficulty curve, but I'm playing on easy so only 7.5% of mobs should have armor. At this point though it seems more like 75%, and most of it is Mekanism armor (osmium, glowstone, and lapis). I can't find any documentation of that being a 'feature' of Mekanism though. I am finding armored zombies in places I've never been to, also, so I don't think it's 1.6's punishment for living in the same place for more than a little while.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

fondue posted:

I have no idea what this means.

FlowerChild is the man behind the madness that is Better Than Wolves, which I guess has hoppers. He seems to believe that Dinnerbone stole the idea of hoppers in Minecraft from him specifically.

Cantorsdust posted:

RF doesn't exist in 1.5.2 :(

edit: is minecraft 1.6 stable in terms of modding at this point? Should I roll up a new 1.6 pack?

Yes and yes.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
I don't know if this is a Forge feature or not, but I based the modpack I currently use for my server on Progress (speaking of which, thanks to Taffer for putting that together in the first place) and there's something in there that dumps ID conflicts to a file called IDConflicts.txt when they occur. Each conflict is listed in there, with the mod that is attempting to get the ID and which one has it already, and then, best of all, a list of suggested uninterrupted ID ranges, including how many IDs they contain.

Whatever was adding that made resolving ID conflicts really, really simple. Like I said, this may actually be due to some mod I'm not aware of, but it exists.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Walliard posted:

Do mod authors even use the directory nonsense anymore? Toast contains both Forestry and Railcraft, but it runs fine out of the .technic directory.

Relatedly, I find it odd that Sengir and CJ now make up 2/3 of the Buildcraft team, yet they're fine with it being in modpacks.

I think GregTech was the last mod to pull the directory stunt. I don't know if he undid it. IIRC Sengir removed the malicious code from Forestry once he was convinced it had done its job (or maybe he thought better of it? I doubt it.)
As far as BC goes, I'd guess that Sengir and CJ are just going with SpaceToad's wishes. That's who made BC originally, right? If he was chill about modpacks, those two clowns are going to respect it because modders rights. (edit: this assumes they're both consistent about their flawed philosophies regarding intellectual property rights w/r/t modding. It's entirely possible they're huge hypocrites.)

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

fondue posted:

Please do this; I hate the existing 'magic-do-all' bees that Forestry has. Beekeeping should be about honey production.

Add bears, too.

Yeah, I really like the idea of beekeeping for stuff like honey and wax, and maybe to get new, interesting plants, but everything else is ridiculous and the way Forestry goes about it is just infuriating.
I kicked Forestry to the curb after I realized that it has no real benefit outside of itself, save bee outputs which aren't really worth the effort to get. Something simpler with rewards that match the amount of work would be great.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Serifina posted:

Out of curiosity, aside from OpenBlocks tanks (which are pretty laggy), what mods given large tanks?

Mekanism has multiblock tanks as well, called Dynamic Tanks. IIRC they don't hold as much as RC tanks do for the same amount of space and don't have a higher-capacity option.

I might be alone in this, but I'd hope at some point a mod would replicate the actual minecart/track-related stuff from RC and not just the tanks and boilers. I really like building railroads and always liked having higher-speed track to work with, along with the stuff like elevator rails and holding track. Those are part of the reason I always keep RC around even if CovertJaguar's a dick.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Bob le Moche posted:

About the chisel mod: I've been wanting to include it because of how great the new blocks are but I can't seem to get it to work correctly: using it on blocks makes them disappear on the client side. Did anyone else have that problem?

I've noticed in SMP that if you change a block on the map in a way the game doesn't necessarily expect, the client won't show the change without a block update. If you right click the block with an empty hand or try to put a block in the apparently empty space, it will update and the altered block will appear. This also happens with the Equal Trade wand focus in Thaumcraft.

However, the true utility of Chisel is in right clicking the chisel into the air (or at no block in particular) to bring up the GUI, so you can alter multiple blocks at once and choose the style. :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

This looks like something that will never get off the ground. Even if it does, it will probably be poo poo given Curse's track record. So, good for them, I guess. I am sure Slowpoke feels very relevant.

I guess this could be a problem if the Technic Launcher somehow can't hook in to CurseForge once Forge itself is moved there, but I sort of doubt that would happen. It seems like overall it won't change anything for those of us with good taste in Minecraft Launchers :smug:

• Locked thread