Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Tsurupettan posted:

Massive meat factories churning out meat ingots, blocks and rivers of pink slime are awesome. But what I really want is a soylent green style alternative. :unsmigghh:

In tinkers constuct you can melt down villagers into liquid emerald. Supposedly there's an emerald cast somewhere but I can't find it and the liquid emerald is useless without it and you can't scoop liquid emeralds or metals once you have put them out in the world.

Edit:

RaspberryCommie posted:

Couldn't you pour it into a casting basin and then turn the blocks back into emeralds?

I've tried that and it doesn't work.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Aug 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

metasynthetic posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, the home of the future:

This is a cool idea and I want this for my space station.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Hey KingLemming, is it possible you can make an addon to your mod that allows people/modders/etc. to put their machine guts into your machine frame so their mod can use your non-poo poo machine mechanics for their machines?

Ideally this would mean 5 things:
Their machines run off of TE machine mechanics so
Speed is based off of how much power is available.
Won't wildly flicker on and off. (mekanism :argh:)
Adjustable inputs/outputs (can be turned off)
Better format for integration with other mods/itself.
Harder to poo poo up the server with their own poo poo code.

Maybe after the liquid rewrite and stuff you could work on such a project. If you say "I'm not interested in this" or "I don't have time for this" is completely understandable.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Shadowmorn posted:

Theres just no way of talking about wands without it sounding somewhat lewd.

Minecraft Modding: I need to recharge my wand in your node.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

metasynthetic posted:

http://youtu.be/VxEPrUZa_Z0

Progress video of the new fields, felt it needed to be seen in motion. Adds a new meaning to "light rail," I think.

Honestly, I would love to see this as part of a tube network like in 'Civilization: Call to Power', or even a space elevator to connect someone's house to their space station. But I know the space elevator might never happen. Anywho, cool mod. Keep up the good work.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Rutibex posted:

I just tested it and writable does indeed stack. An entirely paper pickaxe has 6 modifier slots; after adding a diamond to up the durability/mining level more than enough to make it super lucky/fast.

Last I checked, you could only get luck 3 in tinkers constuct, did they change that if you use all paper?

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
hey Shukaro!
I haven't played toast for a long time, and I haven't had a jump scare for a long time, but I honestly didn't expect an endermen to pop out of an ender ore and rape me.

If you were aiming for someone to jump out of their seat, Mission accomplished.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Shukaro posted:

Hehe, my thought process basically was "Hmm this seems kind of boring... I know how to fix this, endermen." (it's going to get even funnier soon :getin:)

Either you are gonna have a way to spawn the dragon in the overworld, or you are going to have a way to teleport the player to the end before he knows whats going on.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Serifina posted:

Is there any kind of mod out there that does anything with potions? Like maybe letting them stack a bit? (I'm not talking full 64 stacks, just like, maybe, 4.)

Xeno's requinary has some craftable potions, they aren't as good as the vanilla potions, but they don't require a brewing station.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Serf posted:

Thanks for the help on the MPS stuff, guys, it's all working well now.

Another question: Is there any way to get RedNet cables to play nice with microblocks so I can hide cable networks in my walls? Whenever I try, they end up sticking out on the sides and you can really tell where the cables are.

You can force rednet cable into "cable connection only" mode by right clicking on the CENTER of the rednet cable block until you get it.

Also, does anyone know how I am supposed to do bug report etc. for Toast Modpack?

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
To anyone using twilight forest, DO NOT closely box in the portal, as it will send you though the floor and into the void.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Here is a tip:
When working with DSUs full of valuables, always make sure the area is absolutly secure before placing them.

I lost 100 ender pearls and about 20k of redstone and lapis to a creeper :argh:

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Thanks for the update to Toast Ghostseven! Even though I have no idea whats going on, hopefully it fixes a great many problems.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

I think I may have a problem here.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Khorne posted:

Does anyone here have experience with attempting to contribute to UE and its children? I've found 8 ways to cause constant server crashes so far, 3 infinite power loops, and tons of things that should change. I've only been playing with it less than a week, and I haven't looked at the code (or any minecraft mod code) or even attempted to break things. I get the impression whoever develops the mods doesn't even try to use them in survival, but instead thinks of a block, mashes code together until it compiles, sees if it works as they envisioned it working, and then goes and codes something else with no regard toward use cases, unit testing, gameplay progression or even letting people know how things work.

Thats UE in a nutshell.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

dijon du jour posted:

Why are Mojang so slow to code anything into the game? Are they just not very good coders or is Notch's code some sort of labyrinth of shoddiness that takes them forever to navigate?

Probably both.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Shukaro posted:

I'm streaming some various coding things with music, if anybody happens to be interested.

http://www.twitch.tv/shukaro

Are you going to post this on youtube, some people might take this as a learning experience, and I know a few people at college that would watch something like this.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Shukaro posted:

All the stuff should be available via twitch VODs, so I'll link those when I'm done. :)

Awsome, thank you!

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Alkydere posted:

Some of them have fruits that can be squeezed into seed oil or fruit juice. The former for "stuff?" and the latter for bonus ethanol production. Only neither the new Forestry multi-farms (which are admittedly cool when you figure them out, and pretty looking) or the easier to work with (but not as pretty) MFR harvesters recognize or harvest the fruit in my experience.

Honestly, the only really neat things about Forestry in my opinion are the crazy multifarms and the biomass/ethanol/charcoal production of a tree farm for infinite power. Both of which can be done just as well with MFR's equipment that's a lot easier to work with. The only advantage of the fermenter/distillery setup is that it's easier to get a decent amount of fuel out of as compared to MFR's bioreactor which will devour materials for minimal gains if you're not careful.

Forestry farms is kind of easier to automate but is more limited in what it can do. what it does do (if you are farming the right kind of tree) is poo poo two different kinds of fuel. The only issue is the initial (large) resource cost. But it tends to be cheaper energy wise when its constantly running.
TL;DR It's a much better low end farm. Use MFR for mass production using fertilizer.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

metasynthetic posted:

Also squid. Ink (like all dyes) is consumable in a bioreactor, and squid have a ridiculous yield. Make a tank, cap the top so the squid can't poke their heads out and suffocate, and install a rancher on the side.

I thought that was removed.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Cantorsdust posted:

and the Duplicator, which acts as a storage block with an unlimited amount of whatever is inside.

AE has "creative mode" disks that have an limitless amount of whatever you put on them.
Edit:

quote:

Added ME Creative Cell - contains an infinite amount of items that have been partitioned on to it."

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Sep 12, 2013

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Shadowmorn posted:

I'd like the mini-golems and bigger golem to be a boss encounter, possibly something in the vein of the goblin army of Terraria. Craft item, spawn bigger golem + its core, big golem spawns smaller golems. Beat for prizes.

But them and the ogres can just gently caress right off as normal monsters. :frogout:

I still remember my first day playing tekkit, it was the version just before they removed forestry. I was crafting something and my crafting grid disipeared and I looked up to see a giant green mob standing where the wall of my house was, I threw 30 or so stone daggers at it before it died, then spent the next 5 minutes wondering what I had lost because it had smashed a chest full of items.

Still better than loosing my first solar pannel to a lighting strike.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Hagop posted:

I seem to remember that some goon were working on a hydroponics mod is that still around/ updated to 1.5?

That was SCT, I don't know the progress of it, nor do I know if it's been included in any mod packs.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Dunno-Lars posted:

Those are necessary for me, I hate loosing stuff to dumb reasons, which is the only reason you die in Minecraft. And I am never able to keep track of what I loose, which is frustrating.

Turn on creative mode, then save your inventory using NEI. then leave creative mode. theres a bunch of pannels on the left side that let you save/load your inventory.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
I saw you guys talking about Ender IO, and after wondering about looking into it myself, I wonder if there are any mod spotlights about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAFeRQGM9Ow
:aaa: I think I will be using ender IO more often now, especially for interior decoration as you can paint blocks as mod blocks. And since you can paint blocks, fences, gates, stairs, glass, and such, this opens up ALOT of possiblities for decoration. you want a wall of random "tech" looking machinery? you can do that. You want to have something that looks like a computer screen? you can do that. It seems very awsome, and I look forward to seeing what people build/decorate using that.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

DigiDigi posted:

I made a different sort of power armor. For those fond of FF6:

It mostly just burns things.
1.5.2 Download (Make backups.)

:aaaaa:

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

All of this talk of Magitek armor is neat, but how do I craft it?

Use NEI since there is no other way to know. The instructions on how to use the armor is in the .rar file in a README file.
Things I have noticed so far (not criticizing your mod, just noting)
The only things the armor can currently do is walk up one block inclines, burn stuff, and provide immunity to zombies (since they can't reach you).
The firebeam has a very short range and can only hit blocks (not mobs). The armor doesn't actually provide any protection, and to attack things you actually need to equip a weapon. Where your model sits and where you actually sit are two different things. Anything you pick up goes into the armor inventory.
I don't know what plans he has for his mod but I forsee great things.

Also DigiDigi, I guess your first post was this mod? Welcome to the community!

Edit: My guess is each magicite has one ability, and depending on what magicite you have loaded into your Magitek armor gives it it's ability.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Sep 25, 2013

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

DigiDigi posted:

The beam /should/ be igniting mobs.. hmm..

I guess even if it is, the beam has a short range and the angle of attack is such a way, I wouldn't be able to notice since I'm setting the ground beneath them on fire, and if it is setting them on fire, then its just setting them on fire and not doing any fire damage.

Enzer posted:

Change all the things! :black101:

Waiting on angry modders yelling at him with text now.

edit:
Yep, that's pretty much the idea. Slot in a magicite or maybe even a cross-mod item like an ic2 drill. Maybe some sort of enchanter to infuse the magicite with different powers.
Depending on the number of abilities I end up making I could have them concentratable in one magicite, or have tech parts seperate, etc.
/quote

If you are going to mod putting stuff in there like an IC2 drill, will the armor improve the performace? (3x3 mining area or addional speed) will it take enchantments into consideration?, Will it consume fuel faster or will it drain from the item?, will it draw fuel from its inventory?
Will there be upgrades to the armor? (fire immunity for the armor, increased protection for the rider, increased cargo capacity)

Will there be control modules? (basically items you hold in your hand that tells the armor to do an action, like use "Metal Claw" or "Magitek Laser" something)
Something similar to what Shadowmorn said.

Shadowmorn posted:

So is it possible to make "mounts" that replace your current equipment with a set of abilities that they own? I figured that would be the hardest part in making Mech's in MC. That at best have to "craft" your guns and hold them in your hand not get them depending on the model of robot your climbing into.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Sep 26, 2013

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Taffer posted:

Haha, you think Eloraam's code is better than Notch's.

hhahahahahaha

To be fair, she did come up with pipes that work differently and are an alternative to buildcraft, mobile Frames, redpower wiring, logic systems, and a whole slew of other stuff.

I remember when frames came out I saw the video and direwolf's first thought was :regd08:.

Now we have all sorts of mods each which copy or improve upon the stuff redpower had.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Taffer posted:

I didn't say features, I said code. Her features were all pretty good and she made stuff really fast(for a while). But it was phenomenally badly coded and was an absolute performance nightmare, not to mention the huge bug problems. To just give an idea, her redstone timers reloaded the chunk they were in every single time they ticked.

I believe the same thing happens when something enters a tube network, which is really bad if you have a tube network over multiple chunks.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

kerpow posted:

The best way to charge a powersuit is to put it on a Bibliocraft armor stand and put a universal charger under it.

Armor stands are banned on the server I play on due to it and power armor crashing people's clients.

Also, that is awesome. I wonder if the sword stand works with moss'ed tinker tools.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

fondue posted:

This is the best news I've read all month, thank you for your hard work!

Technic is the technology of peace!

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Alkydere posted:

Well, sadly I'm still running the 1.5.2 version since Toast still uses that. I fixed the materials issue with MORE MINING LASER so I'm not really worried about running out of Tin (just drowning in everything else the laser can suck up). What I'd really like to do right now is figure out how to make an automated system that will automatically craft empty cells as needed without automatically using up all of my tin.

You can use logistics pipes to autocraft cells as needed.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
This adds an interesting action, you can abduct players and admins and imprison them in your storage cell. But this also means you can abduct the ender dragon as well and drop it into someone's place, or straight up steal someone's place and all their possessions. Encasing your place in warded blocks or locked furnaces does nothing now!

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

President Ark posted:

If there isn't a way to disable that feature being able to grab & store entities I see that block being banned on literally every server running AE. There's about a million ways to grief with that.

Only a million?

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
A bit off topic but,

Does anyone have the story of this guy? Modpack is Yogbox.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Alkydere posted:

Got plenty of space left. Including an entire 64K drive that has 0 items in it at the bottom.

Though part of that is because Singularities take a lot of items.

Make a Crafting monitor and plonk it down on the network somewhere. Then order something and watch the screen.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Danny Glands posted:

The launcher loses all my packs each time I open it. Also, the runtime argument for setting the game window's width and height no longer work.

I'm afraid to start up my launcher now :ohdear:.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Just started the launcher, it lost all the custom pack information.
Going to back everything up.
3.3GB to copy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Blacktooth posted:

So, I step away from MC for a while. I come back today to check out how things are going. RP2 is dead, and the grate was something I used often, but I discover something call the flood gate. I head over to the BC github to see if it has been released. There near the top of the list is this: https://github.com/BuildCraft/BuildCraft/commit/f84baecaed049fbf35dc7cad0f0025b312d12ef3 and a bit later this: https://github.com/BuildCraft/BuildCraft/pull/1286

The drama never really stops does it.

How the gently caress? Do these people hold grudges?
When people talk about "the grudge" are people going to mention CJ and Sengir instead of a movie? or will the movie be based off of their grudge?

• Locked thread