Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Has anyone done a rollup patch for NST (fatty or diet) for the Sphax texturepack or know of a good patch to start with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Sunblood posted:

Lolmer put one together here.
You need to download the base Sphax pack from the BDCraft website, then add this patch to it. There's a readme included if you get lost.

Awesome! Thanks for the link. Works like a charm.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Wow, that new Mekanism update really screws stuff up in NST:Diet. All new cabling system (yay, limits on power transmission) and it looks like some of the IDs changed, which is annoying.

What's the _OF build all about?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm really impressed with the YogsCast Complete pack. It seems like it'd be a clusterfuck since it has 290-some mods in it, but it works really well. I'm having a lot of fun, mostly focusing on Mekanism for ore processing, Magical Crops to get useful materials for magic and crafting, Ars Magica so I can cast magic missile at the darkness, and GrowthCraft for booze. Chisel is proving to be invaluable for making things pretty, as well.

I just got started with Big Reactors. That mod is really goddamned cool. Common materials to make, produces a ton of juice for cheap, and way less aggravating to build than Mek's expensive (but cool looking) wind turbines. It even looks awesome and mine's just 4x3x3. Managed to fill up 4 Elite Energy Cubes while running my 3x processing. Really looking forward to experimenting with that more.

The Nether is a complete ore clusterfuck, too. It's really funny. Instead of the normal red and gray blocks, it's a rainbow of crazy Metallurgy ores. I made a sword that poisons mobs and sets them on fire, in addition to doing an absolute ton of damage.

I guess now that I have my power needs figured out, the next step may be an Applied Energistics ME setup. Is there a good tutorial for that?

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Jun 1, 2014

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I think something it straight up wrong with the quest system in it. It has other chapters in the book, but they don't unlock after clearing the first section. None of them say they open quests elsewhere, so I can only assume there's only the one.

I did manage to get a nice basic ME storage system set up. Wasn't nearly as hard as I thought. The crafting interface is really cool. I'll have to work on the pattern stuff next.

What's the preferred way to automate Magical Crops right now? MFR doesn't work with them, still, right?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Archo posted:

MFR works just fine with Magic Crops on my server, FTB Monster on 1.6.4. Shame that poop fertilizer doesn't work on the essence crops but that would be rather overpowered.

I can't seem to get it to work. I think some of the drops are broken. I get some weird :9 version of Ender Seeds and no essence when I try to run a Planter/Harvester combo.

Edit: Oh, apparently it's not supposed to work. That's annoying.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jun 2, 2014

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Light Gun Man posted:

I'm playing Yogscast Complete and MFR works fine for magic crops. Do beware of the seeds that get extra :numbers on them, make sure you are routing the non-colornumbers versions to your planters. And don't bother with fertilizer, just make dartcraft time torches. I'm not even running it at close to as fast as it could, and I'm still making plenty of excess seeds to turn into bio fuel. The only downside is that you won't get the nature essence you sometimes get if you farm manually.

I tried a pretty basic setup earlier and it didn't work, but I tried again and it did. I guess it acts strangely indoors? Weird.

Anyway, my new issue is automating Enriched Alloy production. I can't seem to figure out the right way to hook a Metallurgic Infuser into my network. There's some stuff online about factories and the like, but I want to be able to auto-craft them on-demand with an ME Interface instead of just doing the import and export bus thing that's always running.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Sage Grimm posted:

Got your back here. I built a system to craft enriched alloy on demand in NST:Diet!

Basic setup, interface drops components into strongbox, itemduct with servo pulls the relevant items out and along the two paths presented.

The left side has another servo so I could filter out redstone to put in the repository of the machine. If you really want to simplify you can just have an export bus pump your Infuser full of redstone but I like my solutions to not lock other potential crafts out.

The Infuser's input/output configuration. Purple leads to the dust repository, red to the item input (for the iron), and blue outputs to the interface on the side.

This is really clever. Thanks!

Managed to get my ender seed farm running. Was pretty easy once it stopped loving up.

I'm pretty pleased with my first AE setup. Taught it how to build all of the stuff I need for more storage, Mek energy storage up to Elite energy cubes, and a bunch of other random crap. The auto-crafting is so cool.

I also finally built my first tesseracts! I have no idea what to do with them, but I'm pleased regardless. Maybe build a huge Big Reactors facility into the mountain near my base.

Was an utter pain in the rear end, but I got to learn some more AE machines and some Dartcraft. Couldn't find platinum anywhere, so I ended up building a force furnace with a grinding upgrade and threw a bunch of ferrous in. Dartcraft is absurd and I love it.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Ok, apparently I'm too dumb to use extra-dimensional transporters. I have no idea where I put my other tessaract. I have the one I was tinkering with, but the one attached to my reactor seems to be missing. Is there a way to locate tesseracts or other blocks by ID or something?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

ImpactVector posted:

Opis would probably work.

It's part of the default set for the Yogscast pack, conveniently enough. I ran it, it only showed the one Tesseract as a tile entity. Guess the game decided I only needed one. Thanks for the suggestion!

Tesseract-related messes aside, I'm pretty pleased with my solution to cobble/stone/sand/glass/obsidian. I have three Igneous Extruders, fed via transfer pipes hooked up to tanks. The water tank is fed by a ME Fluid Export Bus, the lava side is fed via a ME Export Bus keeping a Magma Crucible topped up with cobble and it filling a different tank. The lava tank also has a storage bus on it, so I can keep it out of the storage system and still have 30-some buckets. The Extruders, in turn, have ME Storage Busses so the obsidian, cobble, and stone don't hit the disks, either. After that it was just setting up a pulverizer and a 6x Energized Smelter with some ME interfaces.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Just as a heads up, it looks like there's some sort of issue with the ME Backup Battery in the Yogscast Complete pack. I just tried getting it set up and tried to move it and it crashed my game and corrupted the world.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Ok, I'm officially bewildered. I can't get an Osmium Compressor to take transfer node or itemduct inputs. I've gotten other Mekanism machines added to my AE system (a crusher and a metallurgic infuser), but this thing just won't take stuff from pipes and it's starting to annoy me. The sides are all set right and item nodes pick up the items, the compressor just refuses to take it. I just wanted to automate obsidian ingots. :(

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Hagop posted:

Are you sure you have all the inputs set right? All the issues I have had with Mek and itemducts have always been me not setting the sides up correctly.

*edit get a Mek configure tool to check side colour I seem to remember most of my issue being that Mek and TE unpack a the block sides into the 2d map differently(IE what is back in TE is top in Mek or something like that).

*edit2: the setup.

Full Setup Details

purple is oss ingot, red is refined obs, green is power, blue is output.

Yeah, I'm reasonably sure I'm setting it right. I even tried it with just a chest with a refined obsidian in it and an itemduct. The Configurator says I'm doing it right, even.

Click for big.

I NEI'd a second one to test with and it does the same thing. I've tried itemducts, item nodes, retrieval nodes, nothing seems to work. The slots just don't take it. This is the only thing stopping me from making Ultimate Energy Cubes with one click.

Also, TE and Mek do the same thing regarding face layouts, I have the same outputs no matter what side I click on. They match in functionality for faces in the versions in YogComplete.

taiyoko posted:

Guess it's time to get moving on upgrading my quest-fulfillment 'babby's first ME system', then. I literally just have a 1k storage in a drive, controller, and crafting terminal (plus those precision import/export busses that I'm not yet using for anything).

Do an auto-crafter first. Teach it how to make other ME components. :roboluv:

Hell, I taught mine to fill buckets and Tesseract frames with Resonant Ender. I'm really impressed at how powerful this is if you try to get clever with it.

Here's my machine room, for anyone that's interested. On the right are three Igneous Extruders set to make cobble, stone, and obsidian. They have storage busses in the back so I can use them as storage for each.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jun 7, 2014

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Hagop posted:

Well I can't d/l YogComplete right now but try the setup I did in full in a new world. Cheat everything in, if that still doesn't work your modpack might have an old or other wise busted version of Mek.

Yeah, I just tried it in a new world. Still doesn't work. Other Mek machines are just fine with itemducts, I can't even get other Mek machines to dump into the osmium compressor. How strange.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Ak Gara posted:

How come I can't seem to get Mek's Digital Miner to be made by AE's autocrafting? It always asks for items that not only it can make it's self, but I already HAVE those items made!

You're way better off using actual items to build the patterns for Mek stuff. Using NEI to fill them in doesn't really work that well. I have my system set up to make energy cubes and it was a pain in the rear end to do.

scalded schlong posted:

Hey, uh, I can't use NEI to cheat items in when using NST Diet. Click on the item to add and it just gives me the recipe page. What's up with that? World's got cheats enabled.

I know creative mode exists but sometimes I just wanna chuck a handful of diamonds into a lake and "discover" an emerald, y'know.

You probably have to enable cheat mode for your world. Open up Options, change it to 'World' on the upper right, then go into Inventory and change it from Recipe Mode to Cheat Mode. It's one of those tabs, I'd check, but I'm at work.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jun 20, 2014

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

senae posted:

With the inventory up, click options on the bottom left corner and set the NEI mode to cheat under inventory settings.

edit: I don't think it's reliant on cheats being enabled.

It's not dependent on cheats being enabled, but you need to set Cheat Mode as a World setting, not Global. I think it's a default NEI config, since AS and the YogPack both do it like that.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
What's the best way to get water into a Big Reactor? I'm messing around with an actively cooled reactor and it just chokes out with what I've tried. I haven't tried too much, but reservoirs don't seem to cut it. I'm guessing Aqueous Accumulators, a massive OpenBlocks tank to make it look cool, and a storage and export bus?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I just started messing around with Progress and I'm stumped. How are you supposed to move around power? There's no energy conduits or anything that doesn't require an absolute shitload of redstone. I just want to run a pulverizer and a redstone furnace off of an ExtraUtils generator. All I see are ExtraUtil's incredibly expensive energy stuff or EnderIO's cables.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Just tried them out, they seem like they'll do the job nicely. Plus, they look really cool. Thanks!

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Two questions:

What would be the best way to get some serious power generation going in the Progress pack? I'm having a hard time running TE machines for any appreciable length of time with generators and EnderIO Stirling Engines. I'm spoiled by Big Reactors and Mekanism from the Yogscast Pack.

Secondly, is there a reason Mekanism won't retrogen ores? I set the flag in the config after I added it to Progress, but I can't seem to find any in old chunks. I could just not be seeing it, but osmium is usually pretty common.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
It looks like gas-burning generators are terrible in Mekanism v7. I can't even run an Electrolytic Separator off of one.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Aug 4, 2014

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Pidmon posted:

In the latest Yogscast video the guys are using something called a Transfer Node to instantly reap the rewards from what breaking a block can do - what modpack is that from? Is it in Agrarian SkieS?

As an aside, it works straight-up in 1.6.4's version (that the Yogscast Complete pack uses), but you need to upgrade the node in the 1.7.10. It's called a World Interaction Upgrade, I think.

I think I figured out my Progress power problem. Thermal Expansion machines suck up WAY too much goddamn juice. I stuck to Ender IO machines and suddenly I have a surplus from a bit of coal.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Aug 4, 2014

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

KingLemming posted:

Unless EIO machines are next to free (and honestly it wouldn't surprise me at this point with mods trying to one up TE with larger/smaller/more extreme numbers), then I'm not really sure what you're on about here.

20 or 40 RF/t is not much. You get anywhere between 15 and 60 operations for a single piece of coal, assuming you're using a Steam Dynamo. Given that you get only 10 in a vanilla furnace, you have legitimately confused me with this statement.

I think I figured it out, actually. Apparently Ender IO conduits store power in some sort of internal buffer, so they suck all the juice out of my Stirling Engine and it looks like I'm running a deficit. My second attempt didn't have any conduit, which is why it was storing power in the Stirling Engine's buffer.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Is there some reason the Ender-thermic pump won't work in the Nether in Progress? I plonk the sucker down in the Nether and it says that it "won't work in this dimension".

I'm getting more and more impressed with Ender IO. The conduits are really cool, they beat the hell out of pipes and itemducts.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Is there a way to filter fluids in EnderIO? I added Growthcraft to Progress and I was considering trying to automate brewing a bit, but I'm not sure how to go about detecting the change in fluid.

On the bright side, I did manage to automate glue production. gently caress you, horses, enjoy your short conveyer ride into the smeltery. A vacuum chest makes sure I even get the leather!

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Aug 11, 2014

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
i am a enderman. i haev long arms and i pick blocks out of the ground w/ my hands. if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will teleport into your base tonight and make a mess of your walls and floors

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Resonant Ender's a good coolant, but modifying a reactor using it is hilarious/annoying. I didn't know the properties of RE the first time and got teleported into a wall.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I like the furnaces and the tool system, but yeah, the magic meter and such aren't that great.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Mekanism cables can be 'broken' with a redstone signal, that's how Will Strife managed it in his series where he used MineChem. Just levers on covers over the cables.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I kind of miss the old ExtraBiomesXL. Had some nice, distinctive biomes, but there was only like 8 or 10 and they all looked different.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I added Growthcraft to Progress, since Modderation runs terribly on my computer for some reason, but I'm having a heck of a time automating brewing. Is there a way to pipe stuff out of ferment barrels when it's done in that pack? I got caught out by the fact that you can't filter EIO fluid conduits. I like Growthcraft, but it's such a bastard to automate.

Edit: Transfer Nodes work. Durr, should have thought of that. Man, this is a hassle, now I have to mess with getting stuff in and out of a Autonomous Activator, since you can't pull and push from the same side.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Dec 8, 2014

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
That's not even a bug, that's the game deciding it's tired of your poo poo. drat.

Is there a way to filter EnderIO Fluid Conduit? I ended up having to use a mix of Fluid Transfer Nodes and EIO Item Conduits for my mead automation facility, since I couldn't figure out how to filter EIO's.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

bigperm posted:

I think you can place a conduit, and then hit it with a bucket of something to 'set' it to that liquid.

Also the highest tier has instant transfer of multiple liquids, which seems like it would remove the need for a filter.

I'm trying to use them for automatic growthcraft brewing, so they need to wait until the fluid changes. I just used Transfer Nodes, so whatever. I can throw in honey and get bottles of mead,and that's all I really want.

What are some ways to improve performance of modded Minecraft? I just upgraded my processor and I'm unimpressed with the performance of Progress, still. At least I'm breaking 20fps. I'm running a i7-4790k and a 7870 and giving the drat thing like 6 gigs of ram to work with. How much power do you want you ridiculous block game?!

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Wow, you guys weren't kidding. I cut my allocation from 6GB to 4GB and doubled my framerate. Java is so lovely, my god.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I can't seem to get the Builder's Wand to work in Progress. Is there something I'm missing? It shows the location it'll place blocks, I have the right materials, but right-clicking does nothing.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Mzbundifund posted:

By any chance are you attempting to place dirt blocks on grass blocks? The game considers them different block types.

Nope, just wood, stone, and stone blocks.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Acne Rain posted:

Wait a crafting task?

It said to get the "stone hidden in the dirt" so I dug under the dirt and mined out the one stone in the dirt. All I have is wood and dirt, so how would I

what

where was that explained

Welcome to Ex Nihilo.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
How do you import existing instances to MultiMC? I was going to backup my tweaked Progress setup to it and try out the new one, but I can't seem to get it to work.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
On the subject of Veinminer, it just made me ragequit. I had to rebuild a loving pen out of wall like 4 times because it wouldn't turn off. I even set the mode to disabled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Halibut Barn posted:

It's been a while since I last did it, but I think all I had to do was first create an instance with the right version of Minecraft and Forge in the MultiMC GUI, then find the instance directory under the MultiMC directory and copy all the files from the instance that I'm trying to import. There may or may not be a 'minecraft' or '.minecraft' directory in there depending on where you're importing from, but basically the 'mods' directory from the original instance should wind up under '<MultiMC directory>\instances\<instance name>\minecraft\mods', for example.

Taffer posted:

It's not, and I wish it was, but mining every block and every log by hand just gets a little too tedious, I just have to have veinminer now. It'd be nice to do like a +10% mining time of every additional block or something, but whatever.

This is correct. Just make a new plain instance then copy the mods/configs/etc stuff into that. Make sure to put forge on it though.

Ah, alright. I was missing the Forge step. Thanks!

• Locked thread