Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Gigi Galli posted:

Never thought I'd say this but I'm starting to like Atalanta.

I know, as far as provincial clubs go they're at least doing something to make a name for themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Troy Queef posted:

I know, as far as provincial clubs go they're at least doing something to make a name for themselves.

Atalanta: At least we're not Hellas! :downs:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Robviously posted:

Atalanta: At least we're not Hellas! :downs:

Hey, it's been working for Chievo.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Cippalippus posted:

That image doesn't even begin to describe how campy and messy was the whole thing. This is better:

A banner said "Bombardiamo la serie A", which translates to "Let's bomb Serie A". For those that don't know, the current president Percassi used to play for Atalanta in his youth.

Edit: oh, no battleship next year. Bergamo is in the mountains.

Is that a goddamned Tron-esque Stormtrooper?

Atalanta is some loving win, wow.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Now I just wanna see a bunch of ultras in Venezia come up out of the canals riding subs and jet skis.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Autogol Astori signed a contract extension with Cagliari and is staying put for now.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Autogol Astori signed a contract extension with Cagliari and is staying put for now.

This is like the 900th time Allegri has failed to sign one of his favorite turds.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

This is like the 900th time Allegri has failed to sign one of his favorite turds.

I'm glad as hell

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Although Sky are now claiming that Astori is going on loan at Roma, possibly as Benatia's replacement.

It's Sky, so yeah, but that would be funny.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Although Sky are now claiming that Astori is going on loan at Roma, possibly as Benatia's replacement.

It's Sky, so yeah, but that would be funny.

It's extra good because Lazio wouldn't pay the 7 million that Cagliari was asking so that's why he re-signed. If this happens then lol.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

It's extra good because Lazio wouldn't pay the 7 million that Cagliari was asking so that's why he re-signed. If this happens then lol.

Haha, didn't even think of that aspect.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Di Marzio says it's done, and he posted pics of Lazio ultras gathering to confront their sporting director outside his hotel.

Well played Roma.

trem_two fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jul 23, 2014

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Di Marzio says it's done, and he posted pics of Lazio ultras gathering to confront their sporting director outside his hotel.

We played Roma.

Yeah I would say this is a net win for Juventus.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
This Yedlin to Roma thing just won't die http://soundersnation.com/2014/07/23/report-deandre-yedlin-roma-imminent/

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Roma is buying everyone and everything, the pressure will be insane. Should they lose 2 games in a row...

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

meh they were paper thin in defense and midfield and were really exposed (relative to juve mind) when their old and fail players started breaking down midway down the season. A team that's trying to succeed in three competitions needs competition at every position

*excuse me while i break out the code tags*

code:
players
cbs: benatia / castan / astori / romagnoli
rbs: maicon and yedlin i guess
lbs: ashley cole / jose angel
defensive mids: de rossi / strootman / nianggolan / keita
creative mids: ucan / pjanic / paredes
wingers: florenzi / gervinho / iturbe / ljajic / emanuelson
strikers: totti / destro / borriello / sanabria i guess

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party
I hope it does die because he is a pretty terrible defender.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
well its good for him that hes a right back so he doesnt need to be able to defend

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Slaapaav posted:

well its good for him that hes a right back so he doesnt need to be able to defend

If only Zeman was still in charge.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Yedlin isn't good enough for the Dutch League let alone Seria A, why would Roma be in for him?

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,

Ciprian Maricon posted:

Yedlin isn't good enough for the Dutch League let alone Seria A, why would Roma be in for him?

He showed a measure of potential during a World Cup. Worse mistakes have been made by clubs.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

Ciprian Maricon posted:

American owner, made a few crosses in the World Cup.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

I forgot there is an American owner.

I mean Yedlin is doing well at MLS and he didn't look poor at the WC but those are a long way from being good enough for high level play. Especially considering how annoying it must be to deal with the actual league in order to buy a player.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Yeah I don't want him going to Roma either. He's mixed race so maybe some league with less racial issues. Also if he's going to leave Seattle, someplace he'd actually play would be better. Unless Roma just wants to end up with partial ownership and loan him out.

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Was Taters posted:

Yeah I don't want him going to Roma either. He's mixed race so maybe some league with less racial issues. Also if he's going to leave Seattle, someplace he'd actually play would be better. Unless Roma just wants to end up with partial ownership and loan him out.

:frog:

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

Was Taters posted:

I don't think Italians would care that he's part Latvian dude

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Cityinthesea posted:

I don't think Italians would care that he's part Latvian dude

... Maybe I've misjudged them all along!

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Part ownerships are out from this year btw, only existing ones can be renewed for one year and stop.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

canepazzo posted:

Part ownerships are out from this year btw, only existing ones can be renewed for one year and stop.

Ah that's probably best. Diego Milito's ownership a few years back was nuts.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Im glad to see that go. Super confusing poo poo.

Fiorentina need to get on the goddamn ball and sign someone. Preferably a nice left winger or a really good centerback.

:pray:please no injury crisis this year :pray:

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Sounds like Milan had a wonderful afternoon on Long Island yesterday, and gave the locals a real thrill.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/86020394/what-happens-when-ac-milan-hangs-out-on-long-island-balotelli

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Sounds like Milan had a wonderful afternoon on Long Island yesterday, and gave the locals a real thrill.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/86020394/what-happens-when-ac-milan-hangs-out-on-long-island-balotelli

Im glad it happened this way and Im glad Honda doesn't know who the Cosmos is and Im glad nobody gave a poo poo and ruined some idiot's day :colbert:

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

It'd be real cool if I could find this guy and just punch him in the dick a lot.

Vexin
Jan 13, 2014

That Atalanta thing is stunning.

Robviously posted:

Now I just wanna see a bunch of ultras in Venezia come up out of the canals riding subs and jet skis.

They'd have to jump over a lot of bridges, which would only make the display better. :)

For those of you who have never been to Venice, here are some pictures of the Pierluigi Penzo, home of Lega Pro's own FBC Unione Venezia. Venice's squad used to have the name AC Venezia [it was also called SSC Venezia], and AC Venezia had fought its way back into occasional Serie A appearances after floundering around the likes of Serie C2. It was the investment of Venezia's brash young owner, who was just starting out in the football world, that allowed them to get back into the top flight. Sure, there were some critics who suggested that the owner could be a bit dramatic, but most Venetians understood that he was just passionate. Why, they even named him the Venetian Of The Year! Alas for them that the young owner, upset by the city's unwillingness to, among other things, do something about the Penzo, went and bought a new team on a different island and took many of AC Venezia's players with him.

And that owner grew up to be Maurizio Zamparini.

This is the stadium that he hated:

A conveniently located church--I wonder if the ultras pray for promotion to Serie B?

Not pictured: loads of anti-tessera graffiti; graffiti arguments about racism; graffiti deeming various teams from Padova to Lazio to be poo poo

Vexin fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jul 25, 2014

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
...and what about the kick in the groin?

Gigi Galli posted:

Im glad it happened this way and Im glad Honda doesn't know who the Cosmos is and Im glad nobody gave a poo poo and ruined some idiot's day :colbert:

Hahaha, what a lovely place to be stuck. Long Island. Hahaha.

Also, that writer was really coming off douchey.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Vexin posted:

This is the stadium that he hated:

A conveniently located church--I wonder if the ultras pray for promotion to Serie B?

Not pictured: loads of anti-tessera graffiti; graffiti arguments about racism; graffiti deeming various teams from Padova to Lazio to be poo poo

That "RUDE" graffiti has been there since the 90's, I love it. Did you manage to get inside or look over the walls?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

quote:

“Of Napoli I had heard wonders of the city..."

Poor Michu

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

sassassin posted:

Poor Michu

"I wonder where all this trash came from" :newlol:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Fiorentina picked up Basanta. Any word on how good/bad he is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

DAI DAI DAI

• Locked thread