Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

KozmoNaut posted:

Chainsaws are crap for cutting up people, all the hair and poo poo gets stuck and gums up the chain.

Cordless sawzalls truly are the best things. You can get long blades for them and everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

West SAAB Story posted:

Where the hell do you even find any generic CC, anymore? I tried Ratshack, and a few local hobbiest places. They looked at me crosseyed when I said what I needed, and what it was for. I think my favorite response was "You mean that TV cleaner stuff for things with MANUAL TUNING KNOBS?" Yeah. That'd do.

Local surplus electronics store that I frequent has it. I think it's pretty chemically similar (identical?) to the aerosol board cleaner/flux remover stuff too.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
I believe this is called the "principle of least regret". Name a price where you would be equally happy doing the job as not doing the job. If they take it, great, you make a bunch of money. If they don't, great, you don't have to work for them.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

kastein posted:

I'd say an I-beam in between trusses with a chainfall and dolley on it, actually.

This may be one of my required features for my dream shop build.

I was going to say this. Chainfall hoist with a hook on it, so you only have to get yourself up and down the ladder. Equipment can go wherever via the hoist.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Sardikar posted:

AHHHH!

What is that green tool thing please?

I needs it! (would like to know what they are called as I have need of one)

Cheers!

Do you mean the can tap?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

extreme_accordion posted:

The two videos are just tear down and pretty up. There may or may not be valuable vice information.

It may or may not help you out with your vise, as well. :v:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

the spyder posted:

I would buy a new ND in a heartbeat if we did not need 4 doors. You should hear the list of cars that have been proposed.

Here's a few:
07/08 WRX wagon
e46 M3 vert
Challenger
Vert Mustang
Mazdaspeed3
Fiat Abarth
CX-3

My response has been:
14 Fiesta ST
13 Focus ST
Volvo v50
Mazda 3 hatch

What about an RX8? I bet you know someone who could keep it running reliably :v:

Plus, 4 doors!

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

BrokenKnucklez posted:

The 4 door wheel base is 116" which is actually longer than my LR3 which is 113. They are not the same animal as what your thinking of, the new ones are actually bigger than an XJ, (hard to believe) on the 4 door models.

But the 2 door? yeah gently caress that for a family.

She wants a 4.0, so that means YJ or TJ.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Ford has literally been doing that for decades. My buddy's '91 Town Car had it. I beat on a FiST and a FoST at one of those Ecoboost Challenge events a while back, but I don't remember if they had the buttons.

The old ones were also woefully insecure. Short combination, plus two numbers per button, plus any cyclic permutation of the code is valid. There's some document floating around the internet on the quickest way to brute force them.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Tonight on Hoarders: a loving magician

It's not hoarding if all that stuff is useful and in good shape :colbert:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Wrar posted:

1UZ hold up well to boost too. They're pretty awesome engines and not that big either.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

leica posted:

Haha wow. Reminds me of the 4.6 vs. 5.0 pic.

An FC with an LS is probably the best budget swap there is. Although RX8's are getting cheap as hell now too.

Yeah, don't forget that that's also ~260HP vs ~400HP (I'm not sure which LS that is, but it's a gen3 aluminum block, so either 350HP or 405HP stock)

E: I think that's an LS6 intake.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

literally a fish posted:

And even an LM7 is only a camshaft from 400ish horsepower.

Yeah, I just wanted to compare stock to stock.

Usually cam, springs, and exhaust, yeah?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

Lol, this pic never gets old.

1UZ's are rather large for their output.

In the UK, you can get a 'needs engine rebuild' 2005+ RX8 with otherwise low miles, for around £500. And a 1UZ for £300. Do you see where this is going?!

Don't all 1UZs come in front of an automatic?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Commodore_64 posted:

Lol at the two different seats.

Front-facing for the driver, rear-facing for the mechanic.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

blk posted:

Tell me the Nash is your new project

If it is, it's been sitting there a long time. If it's where I think it is, I've seen it from the blue line before, and that was in 2012...

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Darchangel posted:

Is there a squee emoticon? 'Cuz I need it for those last two projects.

neckbeard

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Rhyno posted:

Okay, who's gonna be the wacky sidekick?

Doesn't he have a brother that keeps wrecking miatas? Or was that another goon

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

BloodBag posted:

That's him. HIs brother is performing a valuable service in creating Exocet donors :getin:

Sounds like he's got his foil, then. :q:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
hmm it doesnt have a windsor, so you should probably pass, op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
nah, concours has to look original, which usually means intentionally leaving imperfections that the factory would have had. this looks better than factory.