Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
I have lusted after FDs for a good long time and your thread inspired me to open my wallet to craigslist. I took a drive in a 93 RHD FD that was imported to :canada: a year or so ago. It has 89000km on the stock drivetrain with the only aftermarket parts being an oil and water temp gauge and a single DIN navigation system. At one point the car was red, as told by the engine bay. The story I head was that it had bumper and fender damage in 1999 and was repaired. At that time the owner then chose to have it painted Pearl White, door jambs included. The panel gap is a little off on the drivers side door and fender but fine on all others. I was not able to hear it start from cold, but it flashed up right away, shifted well and drove strong. The only very apparent mechanical issue, as noted by an inspection at a local shop, is that the front balljoints are worn and bang while going around corners, and that they do. I may be able to pick this up for around $6K, is that too much for the year / history / current shape?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
RPM - CNC table / mill.

FPM - Lawn tractor.

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
I am always so jealous of seeing these proper-hand drive FDs, as opposed to the shitted up RHD ones that float around the Fraser Valley in BC. What does a semi decent FD go for in your neck of the woods / any for sale?

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?

the spyder posted:

They are currently going through the roof. The silver FD above sold for $14k, which was a steal. Rebuilt engine, new turbos, stock. It's worth $16k once I'm done with it.

Is it a "its winter, better get a project car" thing, or just going up all together? There was a fellow here in BC that was selling a Washington titled LHD shell in really poor condition for $9K. Interior was stripped out, bumpers were off, engine was out and apart. "but but, its all there" Suuuure.

drat shame, because I would love to have a decent shape FD without spending 20K+.

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?

The ratchet on that set looks to be fairly coarse. See if you can find one with a higher tooth count, it will be a huge help in confined spaces you will most likely use it in. It has stood up to daily use at work for the last two years. http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/tools...content=Default Buy some ACR Philips bits and you should be able to remove drat near anything. If you want to super fancy, SnapOn sells 72 tooth hex ratchets for ~$18. I bought a set of super short 1/4 hex bits where useful part of the bit is the only part that sticks out. With that combination, you can fit into a space about 9/16" wide.

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
I'd buy that LHD sweetness and rock it all over canada in the sea of RHD

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
20B swap the truck, so you can use some OEM B2000 badging.

This is my plan. One day.

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
True with any build worth its salt. I would much rather see $500 worth of proper fasteners, hardware, electrical components and whatever other ancillary bits hold parts on, than see $500 worth of parts held on with zip-ties, electrical tape, robertson screws and UTS cheese bolts scattered throughout. Working on mostly Japanese motorcycles has filled me with a type of anger most don't understand.

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
Very cool car! Never, ever sell it, it is always great to see a clean, stock one running around the fraser valley. Want to meet up and hoon about in lovely oil-injected 80's machines?!

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
You updates always fill me with excitement: Will it be a sweet update about awesome cars, shop tools, or the shop itself?! Also, I am looking at a 93 touring and would like some advice. Do you have a way to contact you outside this thread?

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?

Nodoze posted:

I want an FD so bad :smith:

Watch what I post in the next few months and asses your wants and needs. Poor casual with no garage space working on a not running FD, what can go wrong?

How many does this make in AI with a left-hand-drive FD?

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
Snowmageddon 2017

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
I'm unsure if this is the best or worst thing I have learned about in the last week. I'll have a harness on the way soon, now just to find a good rad and V-Mount. Psst, sell me one.

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
Did Mazda ever try anything with Nikasil coated aluminum housings instead of a chromed liner?

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?

the spyder posted:

You're missing the booze, jack stands, and empty wallet.

You know me so well. Every bolt turned or connector unplugged is another :10bux:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
Doesn't even look like the airbags deployed even with all of that front end damage. Shoot me a PM, I need a few parts if they are not claimed.