Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I always wondered who that first run of tan/beige/whatever Senn product is for before they put out the black version… now I know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Josh Lyman posted:

I have HD650 and just run them off my PC’s front audio jack. I’ve also listened to them using the 1/4” headphone out on my A/V receiver and there isn’t a noticeable difference in audio quality. I’d get the headphones (might as well get 6XX to save money these days) and enjoy them and not worry about an amp.

That's kind of impressive because PC front audio jacks are notoriously lovely, usually due to lovely unshielded cable running inside a computer case.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Yeah I got the comply ones for my wife and they’ve been good

Dogen
May 5, 2002

I spent a little time over the weekend adjusting the headband on my LCD2C and they were pretty comfortable before (disclaimer: I have a huge head), but now they're pretty great. They would kinda get out of adjustment after a while but I tightened up all the screws and picked the setting I like for the ear adjustment and tightened those up as well (thankfully still have an old rear end small radio shack screwdriver set in my office that had the right bit) and now they're as comfortable as my 6xx probably.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

AirPods Max maybe? The pro 2 have an AirTag chip in the case

Dogen
May 5, 2002

ijyt posted:

Found a good deal on some LCD-2C's, excited to try some planars for the first time. About time for me to install Equaliser APO :getin:

Have fun! You’re me back in January or so!

Dogen
May 5, 2002

ijyt posted:

I can never go back to my HD6XX's :stwoon:

After equalizing hoooly poo poo welcome back sub-bass how I loving missed you. Bass finally has impact again and the sub-bass rumbles my chest, and none of the mids or highs get sacrificed or muddied up. I should have gone straight to these from my Fidelio X2's fuuuuuck.

The 6XX was a good intermediate step for me as I was able to get it for less than I paid for the 598s that I was replacing, and it convinced me that I could continue finding value in upgrading. But yeah it’s sad I have a whole listening station with the 6XX and the LCD2C and the 6XX are kind of a parking space for my modmic now.

I ended up using someone from the internets eq settings for the LCD2C and just bumping the sub bass a bit, and I did also have fun experimenting with eq on the 6XX as well since that was a known quantity that to me didn’t really require any eq intervention.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

The airpods pro 2 case has a speaker and an airtag chip to help with that

Dogen
May 5, 2002

I believe that’s a crock or a pile, technically speaking

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Well I got a pair of LCD-X to see if I could tell the difference between them and the LCD-2 classic, and it was quite noticeable. Now I have a Fiio K7 (trying it out over my old Xonar Essence STX) and a balanced cable and I'm done spending money on headphones, but I'm pleased with how everything sounds.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

qirex posted:

Do they have the anime cat girl voice prompts?

I’m sorry, what?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

njsykora posted:

Moondrop's TWS buds have the voice of their mascot doing the usual TWS status update messages like power on, bluetooth connected, noise cancelling on/off etc.

Weird. I don’t even like regular speech announcements like that, I’m a system of beeps man.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

I’d try the X 2021 for an LCD

Dogen
May 5, 2002

I’d say the X 2021 almost remind me of the 6XX, and the weight doesn’t bother me (I was worried it would, I probably wear them 8 hours most days) but I guess that’s personal/subjective

I came from the LCD 2 Classic and I would say I had to EQ those to be happy with them.

TenementFunster posted:

gently caress, they got vintages too? what’s the difference? can i buy the 2021 one new and under warranty?

It would be better described as “second edition” or “current model” that’s just what they fuckin call the ones made from 2021 on

Dogen fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Feb 10, 2023

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Aye, I got some for an employee for wfh based on reviews and thread recommendation of them and they’re pretty impressive especially if you’ve no cares about sound signature.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bose 700 probably?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

repiv posted:

the XM5 earbuds just showed up at the FCC so it's the best time to be looking out for firesales on the XM4s

The over the eat XM5s were a disappointment so it’ll be interesting to see if these are better

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Feels Villeneuve posted:

one of the funniest things in audiophile circles is the number of people who will decry trying to measure quality by "objective measurements" and then say poo poo like "do you really think a $500 turntable sounds even close to as good as a $8000 turntable???"

It’s an objective measurement of money spent = better you see

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Zorak of Michigan posted:

Double-down on my earlier notion! Put the remote people on speakers so everyone can hear, nobody wear headphones. Yeah, I'll show up in the headphones thread and say "don't wear headphones," what of it? :)

Yeah buy a conference room speakerphone

Dogen
May 5, 2002

I got them for my pops, if you like the AirPods Pro you’ll probably like them as well.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

I dunno about voicemeter but if you just want to apply an auto curve to your headphones install peace gui, it’ll make sure equalizer APO is installed on whichever device and you can hit the C button to run the auto config and load a predone one for your headphones

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Cool to have a derogatory slur as a name for your business I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Front audio ports on pc cases are notoriously trash unless something has changed recently