Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Does Invisible, Inc. fit in here? I just picked it up on Switch and am loving it. Currently doing Experienced runs but haven't gotten all the way through a campaign yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

What's the goon consensus on Trials of Fire? It looks like it combines almost every game thing I'm into these days

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I need to get back into Cultist Simulator but I've probably forgotten too much to fall back in

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Samopsa posted:

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/unexplored-2

Also: big head up, because of the summer sale now you also get a renewable coupon for 10 bucks off, so it's only 8 bucks at the moment! Absolutely loved the first one, this seems different but still rad. A cool preview can be found on PC Gamer: Unexplored 2 is the most innovative adventure game I've played in years

I hope this makes it way to Switch eventually. It's become my roguelike/lite machine, especially now that things are opening up again and this looks really cool!

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

StrixNebulosa posted:

I just checked and it has a Dark Mode (Experimental) Toggle in settings.

I did not realize this is what FITS was and I just grabbed it. I haven't done EA in a while but the aesthetic and gameplay are so up my alley.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Any chat in the thread about Griftlands? Just stumbled on it and it looks like it's up my alley. Happy to wander to a group of pages if it's already been discussed

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Anyone played Dreamscaper? Recommended?

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Added another RL to my Switch with Monster Train. Won my first run with a crazy Prince who kept scaling with Slay thanks to Quick, duplicated Blacksmith lady, and the multiples of the plant that rejuvenates. Really enjoying this so far.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Killed the Last Divinity in Monster Train on my third run with Stygian/Awoken! Spell weakness is kind of nuts.

Really enjoying all the crazy combos you can create in Monster Train. It feels slightly easier than Slay The Spire & Hades so far (haven't lost yet) but I'm sure as I climb Covenants, that'll change.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

rt4 posted:

Don't worry about it being too easy. The game gets a lot harder after the first win

Wait, what changed besides getting shards? I won my very first run. This was my third run and I haven't lost yet but it was the first time I got enough shards to fight Divinity. Or did you mean first win against The Last Divinity?

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Anyone tried Dandy Ace? Seeing lots of comparisons to Hades which is a high bar.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

ExiledTinkerer posted:

Dandy Ace is solid, believe it has just wrangled an update to smooth the rough edges a bit while landing on various consoles.

You can't quite expect the level of polish that Hades has, but it does have ample Panache to good ends---plus one of the all too few games out of Brazil put it in esteemed company with those trying to punch above their bespoke regional weight class to a better future same as Asura~

Ended up grabbing it on Switch and enjoying it so far. Grabbed one of the keys last night!

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

grate deceiver posted:

You unlock some new stuff by getting different endings and fulfilling some challenging conditions, so there's some replayability.

I heard it described as the boardgame Arkham Horror with Junji Ito skin and it kinda fits very well.

It's a good game, even in current state. The esthetic alone is dope as hell and worth the money.

I rarely buy EA but this might do it

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Children of Morta is on sale on Switch. What's the goon opinion?

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Thanks, all! Think I'll pass on Morta.

Snooze Cruise posted:

please be good please be good please be good....
i wanted so much for roundguard to be better sob sob

What don't you like about Roundguard? I picked it up on sale a while back and remember my main issue being that it was more floaty than I would've liked. Didn't sink too much time into it though.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Late to the party but have discovered Dead Cells. Pray for me.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Don't think I saw Vault of the Void mentioned but I've enjoyed the time I've put into it. Deviates a bit from the StS mold in that your deck size is fixed so you have to swap cards in/out

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

girl dick energy posted:

Incidentally, a more extreme version of this is exactly why I have over a hundred hours in Luck Be A Landlord.

Why have you done this? :negative:

On the second floor now and already addicted.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Between Roguebook and Tainted Grail, which would you pick?

Edit: they're both on sale so got both lol

Chaotic Flame fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Dec 23, 2021

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Not sure if it really fits in here or not but I'm really enjoying Wildermyth. It's just so charming

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Jack Trades posted:

I wish I liked Dead Cell more than I do right now.
The actual combat and exploration are very good and fun but everything else ruins the game for me.

What's everything else here? Metaprogression? Aesthetic?

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Forgot I'd picked up Gordian Quest and started it up. Anything to know going in without spoilers?

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Dr. Video Games 0069 posted:

Generally anything that works in deckbuilders works in Gordian Quest - don't take bad cards, upgrade your good cards (note that the number of upgrades you can have on a card is gated by your level), remove most of your starter cards. But it's not that hard of a game - once you know what you're doing, you can probably make any combination of characters with any combination of powers work, as long as you understand your strengths and play tactically. The most important part of that is learning what the enemy attack targeting means, and what you need to do to avoid damage.

You don't have to fight every battle, and at a certain point doing so just becomes a waste of time for not many rewards. The best time:reward payoff is usually the exploration nodes.

I did not mess around a lot with the really expensive mechanics in town (gambling, crafting, etc.), and didn't feel like I needed to. Sockets are really good, so learn how that works once you are able to (re-socketing though seems like a waste of money).

When I played on super hard mode, the biggest challenge was figuring out how to spend money - you need to buy equipment so you don't die, but you also need to save money for resurrection in case you do die, and this is also the only time that the resupply cost actually affects you. But it's only hard until you are fully equipped, then it stops mattering.

Thanks for this! Definitely still learning what all the enemy attack symbols mean and how to determine who's being targeted / when.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

MPLS to NOLA posted:

Buying rls on switch has been a real mixed bag, the ones that run how they're supposed to are in the minority and Ive bought a handful with recurring run eating issues. Most recently I got Roguebook and during late game fights it takes multiple seconds to play cards. My first win took 2 in game hours, really made me appreciate StS more.

Devs have said a patch is coming at least. Seems to be because of the damage calculation it shows when you hover

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Never heard of Wizard of Legend (didn't get into roguelikes until 2019) but looks right up my alley in terms of theme and gameplay!

Also, thank you to whoever mentioned OSFE had a mode to slow things down a bit. Was a game I really wanted to love but just had too much going on but with the the slowdown, I'm going to try to get back into it.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Just had a monster Peglin run and did 7500 damage to the Animated Ruins in one lightning blast. Had the relic that creates bombs every X pegs and durable pegs...and multiple multiball lv. 3s and crits refreshed the board and-. It was insanity. I can't wait until Cruciball is fully baked.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Is there any way to see what relics do outside of the blacksmith in Revita? It doesn't tell you when you unlock one and once it's equipped, I haven't find a way to interact with a relic outside of the blacksmith. I'm on Switch if that matters

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

dis astranagant posted:

Collection on the pause menu. It doesn't show up in the station so you can't check newly unlocked items til you get into a run.

Thank you! I was always checking in the station

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Won my first run of Star Renegades after picking it up from this thread! I liked the gameplay and stagger system though I wish there was a better way to see what enemies were doing other than using the trigger and moving between them individually. Also, Saboteur seems busted compared to some other classes.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

EC posted:

I bounced off of Rogue Legacy 2's fifth biome and started playing Slay the Spire and I'm absolutely addicted. Very weird playing with Orb Guy but I'm really clicking with the gameplay overall.

I just happened to notice it was on GamePass today and I'm very happy about it

One of us. ONE OF US.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3846968&pagenumber=407&perpage=40

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Captain Foo posted:

Somehow i have sunk 30 hours into star renegades and only beaten it once, on my second run

I've ended up putting more time in than initially planned too. It's charming and more fun than I was expecting

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Also have fallen down the Alina of the Arena hole and I don't want to climb out

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Got my first Alina win as a Pyromancer with double shields and a crossbow when needed. Hunker down, Shield Charge, Repel+, and The Best Defense+ were the stars of the show while things burned alive trying to get to me. Anyone know what the colors mean for the cards in the run screen?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

What was the Fights in Tight Spaces-like someone posted a while ago. I think you were a ninja? I can't find it looking back

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

This was it. Thanks!

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Deakul posted:

I love it!

Not sure what else to say besides describing it again, it's essentially Fights in Tight Spaces with even more options to clear levels and a slick presentation so if you like tactics games where positioning, building up combos, and switching stances is the name of the game then you'll probably dig it!

Seconding. Also has a great soundtrack if you like synthwave

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Finally got around to trying The Last Spell and I'm really enjoying it. Had to stop after Night 4 in Gildenburg(sp?) but I unlocked recruitment so looking forward to night 5 with another body fighting back the horde!

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Chin Strap posted:

Anyone who hasn't played this should. It goes places.

Seconded

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Just tried Arcanium for the first time and got all the way to Akhan and almost had him. Going to do a few more runs to get a feel for the game but any general tips or things to prioritize on the map? There were a few different elite types for instance. Are any better to hit early vs later on the threat meter or anything like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Playing some The Last Spell and got to the last night for the first place and the jump in difficulty was kind of crazy. Is that typical or was I just unprepared? This was my first run so I don't have many things unlocked yet but the previous two or three nights were very much under control.