Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Isn't slics and dice made by a goon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Returnal is great so far, maybe a bit easy though?

Beat the first boss on the first "run" which I wasn't expecting

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

LordSloth posted:

The basic run of Wildfrost doesn’t seem so difficult. I think I would have already have won if I had the ability to undo the last turn. Not on account of RNG, but the unusually high number of times I accidentally played the wrong card or played it on the wrong target (like misclicking and playing an attack boost on a buff spell in my hand). There are also a bunch of times I failed to observe something that would have killed me or forgotten to move my units and then play my card. The shorter run means I have fewer opportunities to bloat my deck to uselessness like I often do in Slay the Spire.

I haven't played it to death like slay the spire yet, but the game seems really good

So much charm and production value.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

I tried caves of qud a while ago and just remember bouncing off of it hard.

I really wanted to like it, but I felt really inexperienced with that sort of game at the time. Would love to give it another shot

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

Warning forever?

That game owned. Bullet hell where the boss evolved based on how you beat it if I remember

Don't know if this link is any good:
https://www.myabandonware.com/game/warning-forever-dw9

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Man I really slept on Rift wizard

This game rips

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Beat luck be a landlord 20 on my phone and you guys have me jonesing to get a toilet steamdeck

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Anyone here touch world of horror at all? Looks pretty cool and has a solid (body horror) trailer

https://store.steampowered.com/app/913740/WORLD_OF_HORROR/

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Astronarch looks awesome, and I'd absolutely play it if I could grab it on my phone

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

metasynthetic posted:

Rift Wizard: good

The part where half my deaths past floor 5 are from me just not paying attention: bad

The part where the other half are all from weird interactions that just make me laugh in hindsight: good, actually

Yeah most of my deaths are very much just not noticing I'm at 14 health on autopilot

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Anything else I should be looking at if I'm really vibing with rift wizard?

Need to see what else is out there while I wait for 2 to hit

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Path of achra is a riot so far, but it seems very all or nothing as far as failure has been concerned.

I'll basically be sitting on 100% health, killing stuff left and right. Then I'll randomly get one shot and start again

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Slotducks posted:

Simplicity is key:
Lethal Company's arachnophobia mode is a way better executed:

As a different kind of phobia haver, is this getting super common nowadays?

It's always seemed really interesting that this is the 1 type of phobia I see handled via a config

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

When's Rift wizard 2 out damnit!

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

gently caress! Dylan just posted about Rift wizard 2. Says there's too much he wants to tidy up and he's targetting March

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

eggrolled posted:

I dunno who needs to hear this, but Path of Achra not only runs fine on the Steam deck, but the developer wants to officially deck verify it eventually too. It works right now using the right trackpad to move the mouse and the triggers act as clicks. This is gonna lead to a lot more playtime for me, lol

I play it on a logitech keyboard with a track pad on my couch. really well set up for that

Absolutely playable with 1 hand :jerkbag:

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

verbal enema posted:

Path of Archa looks cool I should play it

It is, you should

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Path of achra, am I wrong to just never drop my cycle count?

Slowly trying to beat all the different achievements but it's getting very hard

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

cock hero flux posted:

just let it go until the game stops being fun, higher cycles have harder enemies but they're worth more exp so you can get builds online earlier. Basically high cycles are more strict about your build needing to be good, but you'll be able to put together whatever build you want within like the first 2-3 areas. If you want to gently caress around with less optimal builds, play low cycles, if you want to make some kind of hyperspecialized self-accelerating monstrosity that requires 50 skill points to get off the ground play high cycles.

Ohhh I see, I assumed it meant meta progression xp.

Yeah I'm running dumb builds but consistently getting blown up before hitting the final stages. I'll pull back a little

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

No Wave posted:

Blazblue needs harder stage enemies scaling with entropy (this is something Oblivion Override does really well) or at the very least some of their entropy modifiers need to add more enemies. Elites with enchantments would be good too because that worked in Hades.

Game good?

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

I love that achra is basically just smashing together a few key words and coming up with janky combos.

Like it really has very little complexity beyond coming up with a combo, Hoping the items you find mesh with it and going from there. Love this dumb rear end game and it surprises me that it accomplishes so much with so little

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Blazblu is a riot.

Took me a minute to realize how ascension affected abilities. Initially I thought it was just levelling them up, but it's really nice that each bullet point is some aspect that you can slowly fill in our of order.

No loving clue what half the things I'm collecting are, how buffs/rebuffs/tactics etc all work, but Im sure I'll get there

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Tunicate posted:

Okay you had me going until this sentence, A+

The games good, but it really does use terms that make me think it's a mobile game/dating-sim

I mean, the whole thing is framed as a VR training sim, it's a little bizarre

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

No Wave posted:

Entropy effect translations:

Tactic - perk/trait
Evotype - character you ended a run with
Evotype rating - the score the game gives that character's build (mostly based on number of tactics/potentials acquired)
Potential - hades hephaestus hammer
Entropy - Heat/ascension
Legacy - Ability granted by a character you used on a previous run
Legacy tactic - Trait granted by a character you used on a previous run

These are all a mile better, it's so weird

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Shiren 6 is not, and will not be on PC right?

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Path of achra guy is out of control with new content.

I have to imagine he's really streamlined interactions at this point and can just crank things out by adding a new asset or 2 and adding another couple rows to a db

E: like I was just on last night and there were 2 new backgrounds and a couple new gods!

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

I understand why the first couple rifts only give 2 memory orbs now but boy it really constrains how much space you can operate with your builds early on.

This is the biggest chance I've noticed that it's taking time to get used to. I think it's a positive one though.

Spells refilling every floor is such a refreshing change imo. I constantly felt like I had to hoard my spells in rw1.

All in all, solid so far, but it's definitely going to have a few rounds of patching/balancing in the wild before it's the perfect game or anything

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Ok, I just realized most of the spell upgrades in RW2 are actual cool upgrades instead of damage/range etc.

Great change. Tons of cool interaction changes vs how these spells were in RW1. Perfect way to mix things up

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Is there a trick to unlocking cycles higher than 8 in achra? Mine seems stuck even if I win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

DarkDobe posted:

I like that the flavour of king you get can utterly make or break a run.
I had a sweet rear end summoner build going but the king was the one that AOE attacks and retaliates, and gains hit for everything dying.
He mulched my 30 minions and erased my rear end.

Wait, is the final boss the same everytime? This changes everything...