Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?
For the Swedes(and other neighbouring countries' citizens) reading, the Swedish Movement of Resistance or Svenska Motståndsrörelsen is planning something big in February, mid-late, and most likely in Stockholm due to Hagberg being the boss of street activities and he usually base his poo poo from his second apartment in Stockholm. I'm not certain what it is(word is they're not entirely sure yet and with heriarchy being as it is in Lund's narcisist cult) but imagine what happened at the 9th of November, or bigger.

Another reason details may be sparse is because Hagberg(and two others) are still being held for the attack on the 15th of December but he'll most likely be released by then.

In a bit more depressing news, I've gone from one or two death threats a month to two to three per week. I, err, don't really open my door for strangers anymore if we put it like that.

Rutkowski fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jan 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Hob_Gadling posted:

Hi neighbor!

I would love an effortpost about where Sweden is regarding immigration, far left and neo-nazism. It's extremely hard to form a coherent picture since there are no neutral sources. I have a vague idea about neo-Nazism in Sweden post-WW2 but the last ten years have seen large demographic and societal changes. Where do you stand?
I'm a syndicalist with a long history of personal battles against nazis(encountered their violence for the first time when I was seven and a group of neo-nazis threw rocks at me and shouted anti-semitic slurs. I come from a small town and I'm of jewish heritage) who in the last twelve months have gone from someone who have mostly done small actions and information gatherings and I'm not rather involved in the anti-fascist movement in Uppsala and Stockholm by information gathering and action co-ordination. Not a big shot in any way but at least now I do something to make poo poo better.

I've been thinking of doing an effortpost about the situation today in Sweden since poo poo is about to hit the fan big-time but I'm in no way a neutral source. ;) I am, however, someone who doesn't lie and I've experienced quite a bit of poo poo personally throughout the years.

I mean, I was a main actor in SMR's favorite propaganda movie this year:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9gT5Xz4oo4

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Demiurge4 posted:

And yet people in this thread are advocating a first strike? I understand that Fascists are likely to use aggression and violence to take power if they feel they have the upper hand. But on the other side we don't have any competent Fascists, anywhere. The Golden Dawn are falling apart, the English Defence League is a joke and there are no significant contenders anywhere because they have all been successfully demonized. What people in this thread are advocating is violence against a bunch of poorly organized and ignorant youths being lorded around by racist old farts.
Nazis, in Sweden at least, are not a threat to society as it is. What they are, however, is a threat to minorities and other civilians and that should never be minimized.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Holy poo poo yes. I hate violence and would love to live a life without it but I absolutely refuse to swear it off because it's unfortunately neccessary.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Hob_Gadling posted:

Does this mean you don't see SD as Nazis?

I've been fascinated with the whole phenomenon. Mass immigration causes social tension and the only party that says they'll do something about it is shunned en masse. The rest of the parties are adamant on the "this is the only option" line. It's like they don't understand or care about why Sven Mellansvensson is agitated.
SD is not nazis. They're lead by former nazis and they got fascist rethoric up the wazoo but they're "merely" a populist racist party with a fascist tail now. Still scum but not the same kind of threat as SVP, ND, FNU, NU, SMR, GFN and other groups and as such they're fought in a different way.

I say this without excusing them in any way. My mother and her husband are loyal SD voters and goddamn do I want to strangle them every time I talk to them and they know it.

Also, the "old" parties are idiots when it comes to handling the situation. They let SD and their ilk control the debate by arguing on false premises(such as mass immigration actually existing here. It doesn't) and their solutions to what is and have always been social economic issues is by making them worse while blaming non-Europeans and Roma people.

And the old parties are not unified in most ways when it comes to immigration. What they are unified in is that SD is wrong and in that way they're right. SD is wrong, very wrong.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Orange Devil posted:

From a Dutch perspective this is like looking 15 years into the past.

Mass immigration is just a far right buzzword though.
There's a huge difference though; PVV wasn't a neo nazi party and never was. SD is relatively unique amongst the different "counterjihad" parties in Europe in that it has it's root in nazism from the very start and even their current leader, who is considered a reformist amongst both insiders and outsiders, joined the party in 1995 when Hitler salutes and nazi images were still commonplace within the party and he joined because of their views of immigration.

I've yet to see anyone who says he's never been racist explain that part. Not in media, not in politics, not in private.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Hob_Gadling posted:

What were the alternatives to someone who felt slighted? Whether SD could actually do anything is irrelevant; my point is that to someone who feels immigration is a problem SD seems like the only option (barring maybe some minor openly fascist groups). I guess you can argue that immigration is not a problem and never has been but this is not the perception of SD voters. I think it's pretty fair to say that whoever votes for them votes for this one question alone as their other opinions are a mess.
Immigration isn't the problem, growing economic differences in the wake of all parties becoming more and more economically liberal in a historically social democrat nation with low class differences is the problem. Part of the solution is educating people that the reason the welfare system is failing is because our government is selling it to private actors who run it into the ground for profit and not because we get a bunch of immigrants.

quote:

True, but didn't they agree not to co-operate with SD?
No official agreement no but you're right, nobody wants to co-operate with SD because they're just plainly wrong.

quote:

Fair enough. What's a better term?
Mass immigration is a myth.

http://www.migrationsverket.se/Om-M...verige-....html
103 059 people moved to Sweden in 2012, 20 462 were Swedes moving back home.
Of the other top ten nations in the first graph is Poland, Denmark, China, Thailand and Finland, none being opposed by SD. The remaining countries are Iraq, Somalia, Syria and Afghanistan, four continued violence hotspots.

Then we have 51 747 personer who moved out of Sweden in 2012 of which 38 percent were Swedish citizens.

That means we have a + in people living here through immigration and emigration of 51 312. That's 0.5 percent of the entire country.

That's not mass immigration.

EDIT: here's a source with a pie chart that's interesting.
http://www.migrationsinfo.se/migration/sverige/

23% is EES-certified Right of Residence
17.9% is work immigration
13.6% is asylum seekers
29.9% is relation-immigration and adoptions
7.1% is relation-immigration for those with temporary asylum and asylum-seekers
The pie chart to the right of it is students(number is not displayed but it's of a very similar size)
The dark blue unnumbered piece is UN-quota refugees
The dark brown(?) unnumbered piece is people living in Sweden without legal papers but unable to be deported due to different reasons

So that's what, roughly 61% of all immigrants(if we count ALL adoptions and relation-immigration as being for non-Swedes which is, well, plainly wrong) not of Swedish citizenry that's 50385 that entered the country that weren't EES-holders. That's less than half of all who moved to Sweden and less who moved out of Sweden.

quote:

But doesn't Sweden have a lot of immigrants, looking at wikipedia it says slightly less than 20% of inhabitants have either born abroad or born by somebody who came from abroad, according to data from 2011. What is it with (seemingly) unrestricted immigration?
Amongst these 20% is people with heritage from Finland, the balkans(90's and 50's), South America(primarly Chileans, 70's and 80's), central Europe(50's and 80's) and eastern Europe(post-94). It's not unrestricted immigration, not in any way. People are deported every week even when they have cause for asylum because of our immigration laws. I mean, poo poo, I'm considered an immigrant by those measures because my father was born in Germany and moved with his mother to Sweden when he was three weeks old.

Rutkowski fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jan 6, 2014

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Enjoy posted:

Huh, that's higher than I thought it would be. That's like a small city of foreigners springing up every year
I updated my post with more info on the numbers but 0.5 is not high for a country with so low nativity that we'd be imploding if we returned to the numbers of the 50's. My wife and I got two kids and not gonna get more and that's rather standard amongst families. It means we're keeping the status quo.

Then there's all the people that don't get children in the first place.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Hob_Gadling posted:

Right, this is exactly what I mean. People who vote SD don't believe this. You're essentially saying "no, you are wrong" and that's not a message voters will eat up.

Since we have people from Denmark and Netherlands, could you expand on your "this happened to us 10-15 years ago"? I'd be very interested in hearing what happened back then and where did it lead.
Just because they don't believe it doesn't mean it's wrong. What should we do, cater to their racism and go "yeah okay we're totally promoting crime and poverty by bringing in foreign hordes to ruin the country for the sake of it"?

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Hob_Gadling posted:

Damned if I know, but that's the message political far right across Europe rides on. It seems to work.
So your solution is to join them then and work with them?

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

cargo cult posted:

Europe is racist as poo poo and as a minority I've never felt welcomed anywhere there, with the sole exception of the UK, probably cause they have a hard-on for Americans and especially American Minorities, anyway, point being I think it's a lost cause and I'm not sure why anyone would even bother with anti-fascist action there. Just let them go all nationalist and kill the gently caress out of each other as they've been doing for basically all of history. Travelling through Spain and especially Holland were the absolute worst, I have no idea how the Dutch have managed to cultivate a reputation for tolerance, whatsoever.

e:

As an Indian-American, you're poo poo and I don't agree with this at all
Yeah at least in Sweden you'll be oogled at at best in most smaller cities. In the big 3(Stockholm, Göteborg and Malmö) as well as the main university cities(Uppsala, Linköping, Lund, probably Umeå) it shouldn't be as bad from what I've learned from my friends.

But poo poo, I got rocks thrown at me from the age of seven in the town I grew up in because I'm of jewish heritage. I'm otherwise pale as gently caress and used to have brown-blonde hair but that didn't help me jack poo poo.

EDIT: I won't let them go all nationalist because there's a shitload of us who despite nationalism and fascism who'd die before they'd start fighting eachother.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Baron FU posted:

While this is a horrible thing to have happen to any child. Most anti semitic attacks in my country (Denmark) are perpetrated not by Ethnic Danes with Nazi ties but rather Muslims typically of Arab heritage. It's actually a huge problem.

I personally know of 2 people from my old school that got attacked several times because of their jewish heritage. All the times the attackers were Arab. I also worked at a center for at risk youth which mainly dealt with children of immigrants and anti semitism was a huge problem there.

I heard similar stories from the other Scandinavian countries as well as France and England.

Fun fact: Of all the anti-semitic poo poo I've had thrown at me(sometimes literally!) over the years not once have it been from muslims but rather from nazis and those who now proclaim to protect the jews; members of SD.

Not saying antisemitism doesn't exist amongst muslims, far from it, but like most other prejudices it can and is educated away(I work in schools and have discussed this often). poo poo, as a teacher I've seen and debated antisemitism and prejudism and it's far from uncommon that the kids realize how insane they sound and that they should probably employ more critical thinking when it comes to other etnicities.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

cargo cult posted:

None of what I'm posting is an endorsement of The Way Things Are, I'm just suggesting that Europeans are sort of predisposed towards fascism and perhaps our republican history makes us really want nothing to do with it.
Except, you know, the Tea Party.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Remember how the SMR(Swedish Resistance Movement) attacked an anti-racist demo back in December?

Well, over 1300 pages of the investigation is now available. Problem is that we kind of lack a decent anonymous server to host it on. 230mb shouldn't be that hard to host but every free host we've used have bailed on us. It's a .zip with four .pdf-documents including info such as orders to avoid AFAs 20th anniversary, numerous chat and SMS logs. Oh, and the list of every single member of SMR there is.

There's also a list of all the half-dozen or so members of the Finnish Resistance Movement in case any Finns here are interested. Only names but at least it's something to work with.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Pope Guilty posted:

Maybe stick it on the Pirate Bay or OneBigTorrent?

We got a torrent up but would also like a more unified solution.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Kemper Boyd posted:

Would you mind getting a link up or something?
Oh, sorry, totally didn't think of that. Was up until half past four AM reading this poo poo and I'm not close to done.

http://dropcanvas.com/u18wb/1

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Brown Blitzkrieg posted:

If possible, post their addresses too
Who's? The attackers'? The entire organizations'? The FMR members'?

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Baron FU posted:

You shouldn't post any addresses. A lot of these idiots still live with their parents or with roommates/neighbhours that have nothing to do with their ideology. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if some 9 year old kid got killed by a firebombing because someone posted their big brothers address on such a list.
SUF, AFA and RF doesn't firebomb or murder. Last antifascist murder in Sweden was before WWII, that's not the way they work. Besides, it's all public access due to Swedish law. Except one dude but he threatened my wife and kids so gently caress that guy.

As for the entire membership, it's only names. However, those who were part of the attack have all had their adresses confirmed as them living there. Two of them had mirror adresses but it wasn't hard to find the real adresses. The people who are only identified by names are being matched with known nazis by other people though.

However, as to not post a Swedish infodump in the thread I will instead provide info to those who seek it through PMs or anorut at hushmail dot com.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Oh yeah we got a proper host now. For you Swedes it's at Ta Tillbaka Välfärdens Facebook page. The rest of ya will have to wait unto Sunday evening when I get back home from my inlaws and get access to my computer there.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Mans posted:

The Roma "issue" is a really embarrassing thing in Europe.
I was on a debate panel this sunday that the local Syndicalist Union arranged that debated the issue of antifascism and how to fight it(although the two I debated were definatively NOT local. one was Sweden's Syndicalist Union General Secretary and the other was Mathias Wåg, Sweden's probably most famous antifascist and one of the founders of modern Swedish AFA) and a member of the crowd asked us how to combat the hate against the Roma people.

After about 30 minutes of different members of the audience and panel telling their experiences from friends, family other close to them who have displayed very disgusting views about the Roma we kind of just stopped talking for about a minute, it felt that bad. We ended up taking a ten minute break so people could regain their composure and start discussing how to tackle the issue.

It hits particularly close for me because when I was homeless as a teen it was the local Roma who took me in and gave me shelter(as much as they could, they were very poor and lived in cars and a trailer themselves) and I spent most of my time with them during and after my time as homeless.

About two months after I moved to Uppsala I got a letter from a friend that the entire family had been deported after reporting an assault on their camp. I haven't been able to reach them since and since they're from Hungary I don't feel very confident in their well-being. :(

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

SSJ2 Goku Wilders posted:

my sob story is with a moroccan family taking me in but thats like the same cherry picking logic that people use to brand all moroccans as a certain way. how about we stop talking about people in their platonic form of noble savagery lol
Uh yeah gently caress you, how about you stop being a dipshit for two minutes instead of talking crap that you clearly have no clue about.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Another nazi attack last night, this time in Malmö. One of the attackers is Andreas Karlsson of Svenskarnas Parti who just returned from supporting the nazis in Ukraine.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

And pretty much everyone with more than two brain cells collectively said "no poo poo Sherlock?" to the SÄPO chief of intelligence yesterday.

After the Uppsala manifestation in support of those attacked(where police attacked some of us for being masked despite not doing anything but listening to my speech about how police recklessly harass antifascists while nazis are allowed to act with free hands, way to prove my point) a member of the manifestation was attacked by five nazis when he had left those he walked home with.

I also recieved a personal record(in one evening) of five death threats after the speech. Apparently, they had someone recording it(or just retelling the gist of it) and spread it amongst their organizations.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Worth mentioning is that the dude still in coma is known as Showan who is one of the founders of Football Supporters Against Homophobia which is a campaign that several of the largest teams in Sweden are part of. After the attack even the more right-wing supporter groups have given him support, even fans of opposing teams, that's how hosed up the situation is.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Tias posted:

Yeah, considering the enmity between ultra sets, this was actually pretty heartwarming.

Anyway, some people I know went to visit, and it seems that he really is stable, but remains in coma. I really hope he'll be okay when he comes to :ohdear:

Yeah I heard they managed to get rid of the blood in the skull which is a huge plus and as they say, no news is good news.

EDIT: For those not from Sweden, these people getting stabbed at "Möllan" is about the same as if a nazi gang would stab a bunch of left wingers in St. Pauli in Hamburg. Möllan is pretty much known as a "safe-zone" for minorities and leftists in Malmö and this is quite a bit out of the ordinary.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

dangerdoom volvo posted:

MFF, the team he and I support, showed up with the whole squad where the assault went down to take a picture and show support against fascists. Real cool of them to get behind one of their biggest supporters like that. Sends a good message to nazis as well since they tend to like football...
I'm one of the admins of https://www.facebook.com/kaempakamrater and we're getting more pictures and messages of support than we're able to handle right now. Facebook actually barred me for a couple of hours more from posting pictures because they thought I was spamming.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

Pretty much, I'm not naive, I know Canada isn't Utopia, but it's probably still going to be a hell of a lot better than Western Europe in a few years.

I'm not saying I'm going to move (or that I even can, considering my medical situation and the fact that I'm a lowly undergraduate student), but things are going so bad that I can't help but contemplate it. :smith:
With how development is going pretty much every single member of my family on my father's side(jewish side of the family) are making plans to move away for a very long time.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Fun thing is that Swedish poles still get very discriminated at the housing and job market. As someone with a polish surname, it's very very obvious.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

ekuNNN posted:

http://www.independent.com.mt/articles/2014-04-06/news/lega-nord-activists-sortie-on-tunisia-flounders-in-farce-off-malta-4517920768

:v:

Also, in Dutch news: ~70 people protested in support of Geert Wilders racist comments in Nijmegen this weekend, but luckily ~250 protested against their widely publicised march :)

Apparently the news was a hoax but goddamn it was a fun one.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Cops tell the general public to stay away from Jönköping(and if you're already there, stay inside) where the nazis have a may day parade.

The public's response? Arm up and roll out. There's a mobilization that hasn't been seen since the 30th of November parades in the 90's. People are tired of the nazis and the cops that protect them and refuse to let the nazis control where people can and cannot be. Stay tuned on the first of may because goddamn, it's going to be something else.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Obdicut posted:

What training do you need to stab someone, and why is there any reason to think Euromaidan was involved?
The four people involved are all members of the Party of the Swedes(used to be known by the name National Socialist Front) who is close allies and currently co-operate with Svoboda and the Right Sector in Ukraine. In fact, one of the four is currently wanted internationally for the attack and is known to be housed by elements of the two groups in Ukraine.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Obdicut posted:

Is there somewhere I can read about this that isn't Russia Today?
What parts? Because the fact that Nordisk Ungdom and Svenskarnas Parti have sent down "volounteers" to help the Euromaidan and post-coup government is pretty well-known, they're even promoting it. One of their big shots, Mikael Skillt, got captured a couple of days ago by former berkut, seperatists and others and got robbed and beaten badly.

I mean, this ain't really news the fact that nazis are part of the Ukrainan government and have support from different Swedish nazi groups; what exactly is controversial here?

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Obdicut posted:

That's a really different claim from "Swedish nazis trained by Svoboda in Euromaidan". In fact, it's kind of the reverse, that Swedish Nazis have gone down to 'help' Euromaiden.
Well, some of them, including wanted attacker Andreas Karlsson, are going through/have gone through some military training since they arrived down there. Including knife combat, IIRC.

EDIT: They've also had Russian neo-nazis, primarly from C18 and B&H, come to Sweden in the past decade to practice close combat and similar stuff but at least those guys are not officially supported by their government.

Rutkowski fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Apr 19, 2014

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Swan Oat posted:

May Day is coming up - are the fash planning many demonstrations? Vlaams Belang seems to be doing something in Mechelen but it doesn't look that major (also I don't speak Flemish/Dutch)
Nazi Svenskarnas Parti(Party of the Swedes) are gathering in Jönköping. It won't end well. For them.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

If it's like in Sweden it's legal but wrong so chase those fuckers of the streets.

The ekstrabladet video of fleeing nazis is hilarious.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

my dad posted:

With regards to ye olde "Gypsies are parasites" attitude, here's something interesting:

A group of about 80 Roma from Kosovska Mitrovica set aside the aid they receive from the (Serbian) government due to their poverty, and donated it to flood relief. The Roma community from all over Europe donated a lot, particularly those from Sweden and Austria.

Is there an article I can read about this?

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Thanks. I've started working more with the local Roma and the amount of poo poo they catch, the slurs refering to them as parasites and leeches, is kind of overwhelming(even though this city is pretty much the one in Sweden where they get the least flak). Gonna spread this article quite a bit and contact a few media people cause the one-sided reporting from the other side isn't helping.

Seriously, our largest fascist party SD have two posters for the EU election that they spread around the country, one of them is to ban beggars and homeless from the rest of EU from entering Sweden.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Zombiepop posted:

Rutkowski in which city do you live/work in? and what sort of work do you do?
Uppsala. I help out co-ordinating aid for local Roma(it's not a job though) and help them getting housing, food, clothing, work and more. We've also had a Roma teen live at our place for the month of April but since we're spending most of May out of town we couldn't in good coincience leave a 14-year old girl at home by herself like that.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Darth Walrus posted:

Plus they have literal blackshirts from Britain First running escort duty for them.
As well as MFEers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Front National will have more seats than the entirety of Sweden.

Police open fire against youths in immigrant heavy Husby.

Emil Hagberg, the leader of the nazi attack in Kärrtorp in December was released from jail.

This day is today's society in a loving nutshell.

• Locked thread