Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

-Troika- posted:

Don't the cops and legal system in Germany gleefully and energetically beat down any Neo-Nazi movements they can find as well?

Hell, from what I heard on my study abroad orientation for FU-Berlin, it's literally illegal to do the Heil Hitler salute (and it's very likely to get you beaten up as well as thrown in jail).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Man, I was wondering about the NPD in Germany; I was walking around Oranienburg today and saw their posters saying, "NATURALLY GERMAN" with a blonde German child, and another one saying "SEPARATE STATE FOR SINTI AND ROMA". I was like, huh, aren't Neo-Nazis banned in this country?

It doesn't really seem like anybody likes them, though, even if I saw a bunch of their election posters.

Jerry Manderbilt fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Sep 7, 2013

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

The irony of a bunch of Polish nationalists doing the Nazi salute (of the same Nazis that invaded their country and killed millions of their civilians and expelled many of them from their homes, after which the Poles expelled Germans from everywhere east of the Oder-Neisse line) might just make my head explode.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

TheIllestVillain posted:

The comments on that article are something else, but this one stood out the most:

What loving world is this nut living in? 0% crime?

quote:

then muslims came and started raping/stealing/murdering in obscene #'s,

[citation needed]

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Rogue0071 posted:

The Bolsheviks had largely recovered from the August suppression and slander from a combination of factors. The rumors that they were funded with German gold turned out to be obvious bullshit, Kerensky was discredited by his association with the Kornilov affair, and the Bolsheviks and workers who supported them played an important role in halting Kornilov's coup attempt. The right-wing myth that the October Revolution was merely a Bolshevik coup with no mass support is ridiculous and easily disproved by the turning out of the factories against Kerensky's Cossacks in the immediate aftermath, but saying that it was entirely spontaneous (or anarchist) with no political direction from the Bolsheviks is also nonsense.

Has there been any economic upturn in Greece, Spain, or Portugal recently? I remember seeing some hilariously optimistic predictions from the ECB about Greece that almost certainly have not been fulfilled, but is there any even illusory good news that can be claimed?

On another note, how's Ireland doing regarding fascists? I'm hearing that bogus reports of Irish recovery are common in the Irish and European press as well.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Does "Progressive" have a much different meaning in some Nordic countries? I think the junior coalition partner in Norway's government is rendered "Progressive Party" in English.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Badger of Basra posted:

Well as we all know the UAE is about to make Hindi an official language.

To quote a Bollywood movie, "we will show them who is the master and who is the slave :india:"

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

icantfindaname posted:

The Dresden firebombing marches are the ones with the massive counter-protests. I'm not up to date with this latest Pegida stuff, but I suspect it's not facing nearly as much opposition

There's this, although it's just 4,500 in Hamburg. You'd also have to wonder if they're as committed to counter-demonstrations as Pegida to going out and going "gently caress muzzies" all the time.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Anything on Berlin, besides shutting down the Brandenburger Tor's lights?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

From what German goons have told me, Eastern Germany is still very poor 23 years after reunification; everyone who could gently caress off to the west did so, and the old state-run industries collapsed under competition from Western competitors, leaving the most destitute behind.

East Germany's also where Die Linke is strongest, although you'd wonder how much of the electorate just does protest votes and were willing to switch from Die Linke to AfD.

• Locked thread