Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

VOR LOC posted:

Haha I drive by that Ron Paul sign all the time. That and the "is it legal?" sign eastbound always make me go a little :psyduck:

All along the I-70 in the corn fields.

Soooo many Jesus is Coming signs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Javid posted:

swift_troutdale.txt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rApOjfHXpAQ

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Nov 21, 2013

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

West SAAB Story posted:

.. apparently not. :v:

Its a Jetta with a Beetle body. If he was driving an actual air cooled monstrosity through the snow, then it might suck more.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

CannonFodder posted:

If he was driving a 60s Beetle across the high plains in winter I'd be more worried about the wind launching the car off the road.

Saw a couple flipped Vanagons and Beetles off I-70 in Wyoming, I suspect they were traveling together.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Powershift posted:

Days like this, it makes me feel good to know i've only got 5 months max left in this truck.

a 12 liter diesel engine with half of the radiator blocked off propelling 40,000lbs to 70 miles an hour isn't enough to heat the coolant over 110*f. I actually have to hold my hands against the heater core to warm my fingertips up.

Couldn't you just throw a different thermostat in it? seems like that is abnormally low, even my simple little 4 cylinder diesel warmed up in Wyoming hotter than that on -40 degree days.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

InterceptorV8 posted:

PAM:
Penny A Mile

In other news, we had a bunch of trucks turn into 40 ton paperweights because the drivers didn't idle them and the fueltanks turned into puddling pops. Well no poo poo, the higher we idle, the slower we go, and we all know that you won't wave that, so have fun thawing out rigs rear end-jacks.

It's really funny when a Texas truck gets routed north. Texas uses, what, 5%, 10% bio, so it starts to cloud at like 45F, and the company doesn't want you to used #1 when you get up in the cold states, so what happens? Hell some truck stops are warning people that the diesel in the fuel pumps are starting to freeze up, so be careful. Like that's going to improve when you put it in an engine and run it at 65mph in -20F.

Now let's see if I can get the shop to replace my tires that are at 4 thou for wintertime safety.

What, nobody carries Diesel 911 up there? I always dumped a cup or so in whenever I filled up.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

They even have the signs up in Wyoming when its too windy for unloaded trailers.

They still ignore them, and still tip over by the dozens.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

InterceptorV8 posted:

Yeah, here instead of putting up wind alerts on our signs, they inform us to watch out for motorcycles and click it or ticket. They are getting a little bit better at putting up weather alerts on the signs though, there are a couple of places you have to worry about vortexes though, it's always fun to go from 15 degrees dialed in right to hard left as the wind switches.

Wyoming at least actually changes the signs on windy days, for all the good it does.

I can remember driving to Ft. Collins or Denver and the road being littered with tipped trailers.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

YF19pilot posted:

Wasn't part of the scare against NAFTA that our highways would be flooded with drunk Mexicans who are illiterate, driving rusty 50 year old trucks 20 mph under the limit, held together by bailing wire and duct tape, with cocaine stuffed the in the fuel tanks?

Too bad we already had that in redneck truckers.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZe48yf2-Ws

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

InterceptorV8 posted:

You guys might just love this one.

That's also a company endorsed webpage.

."We must secure the success of our Family and the future for Knight Drivers"

"We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children."

....wow. Why not just fly the Swastika?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

AllPraiseToAllah posted:

Do they accept whites?

Only if you show your Aryan ID card.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

san_dingo posted:

I hope none of you were driving on I-84 east of Baker City today- holy poo poo. Can't believe this guy survived with literally only a scratch.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2015/01/interstate_84_semi-truck_crash_1.html

Thank goodness he wasn't driving a tiny sedan or import, it would've never stood up to those 'Murican Semis :smuggo:

.....oh, neither did the Silverado really. He was just damned lucky.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7ApxVyskuI

Dude got air going over the median, good job!

Saved the cameramans life. Good show and decent recovery for bounding over the guardrail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Powershift posted:

Watch to the end of the video though, the road wasn't completely blocked the whole time, it cleared up while he was looking backwards to get that wicked awesome crash on camera so his facebook friends will acknowledge his existence for 15 minutes. He didn't even attempt to move out of the way in the large amount of space he had when a truck was headed towards him. He stopped moving altogether to stabilize his camera.

Except when he started filming, there WAS a jacknife blocking the road, and he nearly got plowed into by a sliding double trailer semi. I doubt he planned the camera shot knowing that the trailer behind him was about to come plowing through...

• Locked thread