Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IHatePancakes
Jan 29, 2009
Story time!

So I work for a small local air freight company in Portland, OR. I was told this story the other day, happened pretty recently. We work pretty closely with these two other companies, lets just call them Company A and Company B. They'e both freight forwarding companies. So, Company B wants to borrow Company A's big forklift to handle some heavy freight. This particular forklift has no parking brake. Company A takes it over to Company B in a 53' van, secured with a good half dozen load bars. It makes it there fine, doesn't murder anyone crashing out of the truck. Company B finishes whatever project they needed it for and decide to send it back to Company A in another trailer, also loaded with some freight bound for them. But, they decided with the two brain cells they had to rub together, that shipping a 5 ton wheeled machine in a trailer should be secured with a single e-track strap. During the short 8 mile journey, the forklift tore the strap out of the mounts, re-arranged the freight like a steamroller organizing china, and did everything possible to gently caress the trailer up, ending with a 20 foot long gash down the side of it. Company A refused the entire trailer naturally, and Company B is buying them a new trailer.

I need to stop working with paintchip eating retards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IHatePancakes
Jan 29, 2009

NinjaPablo posted:

"You're IT, right? I slipped and broke my Qualcomm. Can you fix it?"

It's fine, just turn it off and on

IHatePancakes
Jan 29, 2009

Javid posted:

I'd bet money your company works with mine in some capacity.

I'm with Action Courier(though hopefully not much longer. HATE it here.), ring any bells?

IHatePancakes
Jan 29, 2009

ijustam posted:

Are there still autos with a clutch? One of my previous jobs had a toterhome with a 10 speed clutched automatic and it was slow as poo poo, especially starting on hills -- it'd go through every drat gear. One time the floor mat got pushed forward and prevented the clutch brake from engaging and it'd refuse to go into gear :doh:

Yeah, I have one in the 2000 freightliner century I drive. Pretty cool truck. 15L Cummins, 550 hp, almost 2k torque, stretched chassis daycab with a PTO shaft that runs a pump for bulk plastic, and fully skirted with a flat deck, no catwalk. I'll have to post a picture tomorrow.

• Locked thread