Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Kontour posted:

Cockburn Ranges, Aus

Well at least the water made the corrugations slightly better. On a related note, I love air actuated diff locks!

Is that a new Actros?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Kontour posted:

Nah, Axor. 2012 model, 40000km on the clock. Drives great, although we'll find out how useful they are when things start breaking out bush. I'm still not used to not having a physical oil dip stick.

Ah cool. I remember someone saying the Axor had a badly-designed interior or cab, but having been in a couple i couldn't see anything wrong with it. That said, i'm 5'10" and 147lb, so not many things are uncomfortable for me.

What setup is it? 12-litre 6x4? Most of our Axors here are medium-duty 4x2s with either day cabs or small sleepers for short haul stuff like supermarkets.

Mooseykins fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Aug 22, 2013

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

InterceptorV8 posted:

Nope.

A Texas company does it to "teach" people how to go down mountains without it. That's their whole reason. I'd love to be the supplier for their brake shoes.

Yes, better roast the brakes than use the right tool for the job.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Anphear posted:

Also that banana thing made me chuckle as I remembered it being mentioned in that children's movie called Matilda. Bananas and Sawdust in the gearbox to quiet it down.

Titghts/nylons is another one. :downs:

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

angryhampster posted:

As a planner it annoys me too. I can't even imagine what it's like as a driver being limited at 62.

Trucks are limited to 56mph in Europe.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Rudager posted:

So this happened here in Sydney yesterday, COMPLETELY loving the traffic for the next week at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOaWGxj9YQM

Story goes the driver dropped his glasses and hit the tipper controls when he picked them up.

Why does he roll around town with the PTO engaged and how does it not gently caress his gearbox up in 5 minutes? Or how did he engage it while he would have been steady cruising down the motorway at 70km/h? I don't even know.

Oh, very nice!

This happened a few weeks ago, bringing the whole of North London to a standstill for about 8 hours. It took me almost 3 hours get 1.5 miles from my mate's workshop to my house.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2419058/North-Circular-Tipper-truck-wedged-vertical-north-London-road-collision.html

I don't know how they managed it, that footbridge is just after a curve in the road, i would've thought they'd feel the truck wanting to roll over in the bend.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

InterceptorV8 posted:

I will admit I love how each story loves to talk about how many accidents happen with small cars but never the fact that in 80% of all accidents it's the small car's fault.

Just yesterday i passed a crash on the motorway where a Prius had cut up a truck and paid the price, truck hit it so it was t-boned and then put it into the guardrail.

Safe to say the truck won.

InterceptorV8 posted:

Also, while I'm bitching, I'd like to finally figure out who the dumbshit that keeps dumping "sand" on the loving scale, because I'm going to rear end-rape them with a broom to cure them of their rudeness.

The sand from their vaginas?

(Is it just some more poo poo to drive through or affecting your weight reading?)

wolrah posted:

I really want to see how one of these autonomous trucks handles some serious crosswinds. I guess in Nevada they'll definitely get them.

I've not driven one with it, but new Sprinters have a Crosswind Assist system to help stabilize them and keep them in the lane. Not sure how well it works, or how much i'd trust a system that could potentially malfunction and send me into the next lane. My van is unnerving in crosswinds, but my friend who drives an 18t rigid truck had his on two wheels the other day in the wind.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

InterceptorV8 posted:

They keep dropping sand from their bellydumps on the loving scale, so you start out 120-260 pounds of weight already on the scale.

Oh i see. I take it the scale masters don't give a poo poo and don't clean it up? "Not my problem"?

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Cakefool posted:

Why don't they just send a tractor to take your load on in its current tank?

That would be too simple.

Logistics doesn't do simple.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!
What kind of gross train weight are you looking at with those tri-drives and a 3-axle dually trailer?

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Powershift posted:

Depending on front tire size, 53000-56000kg. tridem trailer behind a conventional truck is 46,500kg

Oh right, is the tri-drive for traction on poor surfaces and reduced axle weights? (Preventing road surface damage?)

Most of our OTR trucks are 6x2 tractors (25,000kg rated tractor, super singles on steer axle, normal single on push axle.) and a 3-axle trailer with super singles, with a GTW of 44,000kg.

6x4 tractors are usually heavy haulage, or bulk haulers (Aggregates, scrap haulers, etc.) I don't think i've ever seen a tri-drive Euro truck.

Always wanted to drive trucks, but the driving hours and pay are poo poo here. Looked at moving to Canada as a driver, but i think you need your licence and experience already, so to move there i have to go back to being a mech, which is a miserable thought.

Looks like i'll be sticking with my 3,500kg van.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

warcake posted:

The closest you'll find to a rear tridem is an 8x4 refuse truck or similar with 3 rear axles, 2 drive and one steer/lift. You won't find them on a tractor because of length limits usually.

Also super singles on the front are not common at all, mostly found on 6x4's and the like.

Why not fix trucks for a living? Its what I do and pays better than most driving jobs in the UK.

There are some tow trucks around here with a single steer axle, double drive and either a push or tag axle out back as well. All the 8x4 refuse trucks i see around here (Usually out by London EcoPark on North Circ.) are normal twin-steer double-drives.

I see loooooooads of super singles on steer axles, more on tractors than on rigids, but still loads of them.

I spent 8 years as a mech here in London, got sicks of it. Pay was never great and when my last mech job (sub con) was about to vanish the thought of going back to working for someone else wasn't very appealing. Qualified for light vehicle, and not HGV.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Powershift posted:

It's for increased hauling capacity without sacrificing traction. On the highway they use super-Bs which are good for 63,500kg. but only 2 driven axles out of 8 means they suck in ice or mud.

we're allowed 17,000kg on a set of 2 axles, 23,000kg on a set of 3 axles with the axle spread of most tri-drives, and 24,000kg on a set of 3 axles with a wider spread. On a tri-drive, the front axle has to be rated for 27% of what the drive axles are, so all tri-drives have super single steers, some tandem trucks have super singles just to support a heavier frame/engine combo, or more equipment.

Most trucks here are 6x4. All oilfield trucks have lockers so you can lock each differential, and lock the differentials together and beefy tires, but that's rarely enough. Every oilfield truck carries tire chains to put on to dig through the ice/mud when needed, but sometimes even that's not enough. On a hard day you'll chain up 5+ times. If you're lazy the first time of the day will be on your back in the mud.

it's fun, rewarding work when you're not getting hosed with, but when times are tough you're never not getting hosed with.

I don't have much because some companies will crucify you for filming/taking pics of anything, but here are a couple gopro videos of some of the beautiful areas we get to work in if you want to live vicariously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l_sT2z6sNI15 minute drive out into the bush
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_AMqBYotcELeaving that same location loaded to 46,500kg, you can see how soft the ground is and how much torque it takes to get moving. like driving on a mattress. you can't shift while moving until you're straight, or the drag brings you to absolute dead stop There's a shift at about 55 seconds and you can see how much the truck is flexing from the torque being put through the drivetrain.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So8falUGwz4 The lense makes this road seem a lot wider than it is. We had pilot trucks on either end making sure there was no traffic coming towards us, but there were a couple side roads that joined onto it, so a clear path wasn't always guaranteed. Again loaded to 46,500lbs. I burnt the power steering fluid and baked the power steering hoses to a nice crisp well done cranking up and down this road.

Man, that looks awesome. I get that it's likely far less awesome in snow and mud, but still. I'd love to go do that, and the temptation to move is great, i'll have to keep looking into it.

Cool videos, love that out in the wilderness, and that the driving must be quite different many days, as opposed to running over tarmac all the time.

What is the pay like for that kind of driving, and is there much opportunity for noobs to get into that?

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

warcake posted:

Weird i rarely see any 385 wide tyres up front, but most of the trucks i fix belong to supermarkets.

Its the newer ones that will start having 3 rear axles because they can't fit the 2nd steer in on account of the euro 6 silencers being enormous.

I know I work with a few guys who qualified on vans and cars, theres a serious shortage of hgv mechanics and once they get their heads around air brakes and the miles of legislation that goes with the industry they do alright. One local skip/waste firm was offering 40k+ a year basic to work in their own workshops (which i would snap at but i've seen the state of their wagons and workshop)

I've been seriously considering working at a bus garage in london, they seem to pay around £18/hr.

Are they 4x2 or 6x2 tractors? I see more and more super singles. Even starting to see them more on 8x4 tippers, but i think that's franchisees speccing up their trucks.

Learning air brakes and new stuff isn't an issues, just that towards the end of me working in that trade the novelty and fun was gone and it was just more and more bullshit. Granted, much of that was down to my particular job.

The other issue for me was keeping up with technology and diag in particular. For cars, unless you're in a dealer you don't get constant training to keep you up to date, and you don't have all the diag gear. Getting cars in with fibre optic comms lines, and no means of testing them, let alone replacing them. Limited diag and testing info. Common rail isn't new technology, but short of a main dealer machine there still isn't much info available on diag machines. Getting cars with long starts and the diag wouldn't read rail pressure unless the engine was running, so couldn't check for leak down or cranking pressure.

What part of the country are you in? Didn't know bus garages paid that much. Pretty sure they're a loving nightmare to work on, but you'd always be busy.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Powershift posted:

The pay is pretty good, but with the price of oil in the shitter the jobs pretty much dried up. it's still fun in snow and mud, just a little more difficult at times. When everything was busy, companies lowered their hiring requirements from a class 1(truck + trailer) with no tickets or accidents to class 5(car) and 3 tickets.

Hauling fluid of the road gets too bad they shut us down becasue 10 trucks piling up everywhere is bad news. there are a couple situations where they have a cat there to pull us in and out, but that's not very common these days outside of the drilling and completions guys.

Highway and traffic and set routes gets really boring really quick, to the point where you start losing days of your life because they all blend together. a different road every few days with different scenery keeps things fresh. Even the same road 30 times in a week is fine if it's challenging enough.

Yeah, i've read that the boom has hit a dip and left a lot of people in the poo poo job-wise. Still something i want to look into. I'm sure what all you guys really want is an arrogant English oval office driving a truck and generally being a noob at it all.

I like the sound of the mud/snow challege, i love all that poo poo.

I like that in my job (almost) every day is different. Different places, different routes, etc. My last job had more variety, but i now have few customers of my own and often go back to the same sites for drops. Some are pretty good, easy journey there and back and decent more. Others are loving awful, and i can't wait until they finish those site and move to the next so i don't have to sit in traffic for 4 hours wanting to blow my (tiny) brain out.

My plan is to get someone in to cover all the work i do now and i can go do runs through Europe and every day will be an adventure and different. We'll see how that actually turns out though.

warcake posted:

Mostly 6x2 but some 4x2, i'm pretty sure 6x2 is only used because it is less road tax.

I'm in a main dealer near london, and I work on plenty of buses already and coaches already. They are giving 5-7 year powertrain warranties on buses nowadays. Its just like a truck only you can't get to any of it! Enjoy doing all your engine work through a hole in the floor!

Newer trucks are just about catching up with cars in complexity, we are having to put men in vans to go to customers yards to diagnose faults for them because their guys can't keep up. I use a laptop with 99% of my jobs nowadays.

Thank gently caress the independent front suspension volvo made isn't coming to the UK trucks, but we will soon have dual clutch gearboxes to fix.

Interesting, didn't know that road tax played a part in it. I see a lot of supermarket trucks that are 4x2s with 2-axle trailers, but i think part of that is for access in London.

That bus don't look a lot of fun, but i think London buses will be wose as they're transverse and packed in there.

Why don't you want the Volvo IFS to come here? Surely you deal with the same or worse in buses and coaches?

Watched a video on their dual-clutch box, looked pretty good. Coupled with an FH16 750 that would be immense. Seen a couple 750s on the road. One was an 8x4 STGO Cat 3, the other was a 6x2 owner-operator who looked very pleased with it, and had also covered the truck in the entire Kelsa catalogue and a set of Alcoas.

(Did you edit the location in that post?)

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

warcake posted:

I made the location a bit more vague but whatever.

Don't worry, i'm far too lazy to come stalk you at work.

warcake posted:

The IFS isn't coming here because they can't make it work with RHD for the time being. A bus has IFS but the suspension is set back from the steering gear and has a steering box as opposed to having it all rammed into a sub frame with a rack. Plus not having any engine components obscured by any of the front suspension on a bus.

Ah, makes sense. Never worked on one, only see those promo cutaway pics, and a handful of bare bus chassis on trucks going to bodybuilders.

warcake posted:

Transverse london buses are actually a bit easier because standing at the back lets you access the whole length of the engine, and the rear bench comes out so you can get to both sides of it easier. The auto boxes in those have some sort of insane 90 degree angle drive coming out of the back and the shortest prop shaft going to a diff thats about 12 inches from the O/S wheel.

Oh, i see. I didn't realise there was so much access. A friend of mine used to work at a local bus garage a few years ago, he seemed to like it but then moved on to trucks and plant.

I deal with Propshaft Services in Heathrow (you may do as well, since there aren't many prop places around) and they have some cool stuff in there, enormous propshafts and universal joints. Pretty impressive when you see one twisted off.

warcake posted:

The dual clutch gearbox is already based on proven technology with the I shift gearbox, and that is already miles ahead of the competition. It changes gear pretty quick as it is without having 2 clutches.

The newest Fh16 750 is awesome (and is now twin sequential turbos)

The videos of it looked good. Have you ever dealt with/driven a semi-auto with clutch? If so, how do they work? (Clutch only for pulling away?) I see Mercedes now have an interesting torque converter with an attached dry clutch (Turbo Clutch i think they call it.) which looks to be an interesting advance.

750 content:

Hooooooly poo poo that looks good.

Mooseykins fucked around with this message at 02:09 on May 10, 2015

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Tommychu posted:

loving scary that those Paccar engines are catching on. Rear geartrains are bad news for guys like me.

I bet that's because most of Paccar's products are cabovers, so it's easier to pull the gearbox and access the back of the engine than pull all the rad and intercooler and still fight space with a tilted cab.

Like the MBE4000 where the cams come out the back, designed for cabover Euro trucks. (Still poo poo in anything other than a tractor unit.)

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Powershift posted:

Paccar sells more trucks in the US and canada than the rest of the world combined, and sells very, very few cabovers here.

It's likely down to where the engine is designed/built, it's likely adapted for american trucks from something originally engineered by DAF. The AC-460P in my mack is branded as a mack engine, but has renault logos all over it, and was very obviously designed for a RHD truck. the steering shaft and clutch cable block access to the oil filters, and the power steering hoses run from the passenger side of the engine to the steering box on the driver's side.

The way they're engineered these days is bothersome anyways. On my 04, I replaced my turbo oil feed line in the middle of a tornado-warning thunderstorm in a villiage of 450 people with hydraulic lines made by a tractor supply store. Everything on the truck is standard hydraulic fittings, and easily replaceable with standard hydraulic hose. You could realistically keep a portion of hose and a handful of ends and replace any oil, fuel or air line on the truck on the side of the road.

With the modern engines they're non-standard fittings, and rubber hoses crimped to metal hard lines thread straight into aluminum engine bits. and what should be a 3 foot section of $10 a foot hydraulic hose is now a $400 "only one in stock canada-wide" abortion.

What companies do Paccar own over there? Kenworth is one, as you can now get a C500 with an XF cab.

Your Renault engine definitely won't be designed for RHD, as Renault is French and RHD is a very small market for them; GB, Australia, New Zealand and Cyprus. It may just be that access is different with a cabover and a different steering box location.

Renault now offer an unrivalled warranty on their trucks here, i forget the details but i'm told they beat everyone else. (May well be wrong.)

That is unfortunately how all this poo poo is going, and part of why i gave up mech work. It's all getting more complicated than it need be. And like you said, parts back-up and availability is a loving nightmare, let alone cost.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Powershift posted:

Kenworth and peterbilt. The C500 is $500 grand+ and cabover is special order only. the only real cabovers sold are the smaller re-badged DAFs, but mitsubishi and hino split like 80% of that market with everybody else fighting for the scraps.

The LFs are pretty popular here. Typically Paccar they're basically the same as Renault Midlums and Volvo FLs. (Not sure if new FEs are FL's replacement.)

I don't recall ever seeing a Hino here that wasn't an 8x4 tipper/mixer. Mitsubishi-Fuso recently entered the market being sold through Mercedes-Benz dealers, but still have a tiny market share. We do have some older Mitsubishis but they're quite rare and mostly rotten. Isuzu are getting more popular here but everyone says they're poo poo and their auto boxes are poo poo. Of course we have a lot more small trucks here, down to like 7.5t GWV.

Powershift posted:

As an owner/operator, warranty didn't mean poo poo to me. I only have 1 truck, if the truck's not working i'm not working, i can't let the truck sit at the dealer for a week for a $500 fix or i would miss out on $10k in work.

Ah, i see. What tractor are you running now? O/O could be an interesting option to explore for going there. In contact with me (Canadian) ex could reopen a door to getting in easier, but that's not without its risks..

How do you come out for money after all the costs are covered, if you don't mind me asking? I'm trying to get my work to take off a bit, so i can expand, but it's a nightmare here with so many people doing it, and i've had very little work the last two weeks. It's getting to the stage of being (just) profitable but not enough to really take any money out of it.

Maybe i'll make a thread of it.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Powershift posted:

I've shut down again for health reasons, but this is my truck, an 04 mack CX613

12 liter, 487hp/1660ft/lbs, 18 speed mack trans, 46000lb rear with 4.30 gears. Very heavy spec truck.

Paid $17k for it with questionable mileage(ended up being legit) put another $15k into it straight off, maybe $20k since, and it's just been a reliable workhorse that has taken an extraordinary amount of abuse.

Pay was $120/hour, I paid $20-40/hour in fuel, about $1000 every 400 hours in maint/repairs, $1000/month insurance, $300/month rego.

Break-even was about 75 hours a month. That's $9000 revenue, $3000 wage, $2500 fuel, $1000 paperwork, $500-$1000 maint, and the rest to taxes and other poo poo. With a new truck When it was busy it was good money.

Highway o/o would be a little more of a struggle to break even.

Awesome, thanks man!

Yeah, that looks like a nice setup all-over. May well be something for me to aim for. If i can pull my setup off for a couple years i could be set to do a similar thing. (All other cicumstances allowing.)

Sorry to hear about the health stuff. :( How long do you think before you can get back to it?

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Powershift posted:

At this point i'm probably not, unfortunately. i'll probably keep the truck around to move auction stuff.

poo poo, dude, sorry to hear that. :(

Want a mouthy arrogant Englishman to come drive it for you? :buddy:

I've had no work for like 3-4 days and i'm bored as gently caress going crazy at home. Trying the sites where you bid on jobs, i swear they're a waste of time.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

InterceptorV8 posted:

I saw a ad the other day calling for Russians, Serbs and Uricks? 6000 to 7000 miles a week, paper logs.

gently caress this job.

Single crewed or double teaming?

What are the driving hour restrictions there?

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

InterceptorV8 posted:

70 interstate.

You ain't gonna average 93mph for 70 hours. Ad today for another company is 5000 miles. Gonna be hard to average 71 mph for 70 hours unless you got a sweet route.

70 hours a week? Is that the limit of driving hours?

That average if fine if you never stop, what about loading time and poo poo? Would be impressive to do though.

OR..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5qMbk5mL24

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

CannonFodder posted:

Loading, hooking and unhooking, pre-trip inspections, fueling, and paperwork poo poo all count against the 70 hour rule.

That said, with teams 5000 miles is easy if there's not a lot of downtime waiting for that next load.

Interesting, more than we get. (90h over two weeks, some weird poo poo that limits to 8-9h/day and stuff.) But since our trucks use digital tachos it's much harder to cheat the system. With paper log books it's easier to "delete" driving time and gain hours.

If i get a trailer for my van i need a trailer licence, tacho, driver's card, operator's licence (a tax, basically.) and i have to sent my driving info from the card to VOSA (wankers) to record my hours.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

warcake posted:

Dayuum the new Actros SLT is sexy

Spotted in the wild on the A12 the other day.

Couldn't get a better pic as i was driving the van. This thing is a beast.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

DNova posted:

What is the green booger poo poo that grows in diesel?

It's concentrated evil.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

PainterofCrap posted:

You fuckers clearly have never cleaned out an IHOP grease trap.

You're absolutely correct!

FogHelmut posted:

Apparently our trailers are going in to Mexico with new tires and coming back out with old junk ones.

This happens everywhere all the time. Trailers here go over to Eastern Europe and come back with bald retreads instead of the new Contis/whatever they left with.

Rental vehicles get hired by people with matching vehicles to swap parts. I know someone who rented a Sprinter the same as one they'd bought and swapped the engine and gearbox, then drove it through mud and puddles to make everything dirty to cover the marks on bolts where everything had been removed.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

InterceptorV8 posted:

60,000 mile drive tire ruined because the shop monkey ran over a loving tool with my truck moving it 20 feet into and out of the shop.

:banjo:

How long do they typically last?

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

ICV8.MP4?

I hope so.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

InterceptorV8 posted:

"Because I deliver loads, not take them."

"Freightliner's the heartbeat of America. You can feel it pounding in your chest when you're takin' a poo poo in a urinal and you're afraid of gettin' caught."

"Peterbilt offers an uncomfortable passenger seat. So you can get that tranny in the sleep cab, a little bit sooner."

Truckin' in America! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

jonathan posted:

Do any of you heel-toe while downshifting ? I'm thinking of learning to do it well.

I do occasionally. I usually blip the accelerator on downshifts where possible, but pedal spacing/offset is usually such that you can't heel and toe.

• Locked thread