Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealTimski
Feb 21, 2013

Introduction:

Released Autumn 2011 and developed by Eidos Montreal: Human Revolution is a franchise reboot of the action role-play PC exclusive; Deus Ex. This revisiting has been made more accessible for the current generation console users (Xbox 360, PlayStation) whilst still being relevant for the avid PC fans who most likely played the original Deus Ex in the early days of the Windows 2000. The director’s cut of the game which contains many new features and content such as a directors commentary and remakes of the boss fights,this is also available for the PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and also the Wii U.

Human Revolution:

Much like the original Deus Ex, Human Revolution is a stealth/action shooter with RPG elements; allowing you to upgrade your character through augmentations to suit your play style: be it sneaking past foes with the latest invisibility implants, or simply shooting your way through with a heavily upgraded arsenal of weapons. As well as the combat being open, levels feature many crannies, nooks and alternate paths, allowing you to fully explore an environment and change your experience depending on what you find out.

As well as the gameplay being genuinely enjoyable, what really sets Human Revolution apart from other action RPGs is the presentation of the narrative. The narrative of Deus Ex is very mature and tastefully handled, with multiple levels of conspiracy that you won’t notice if you pay little attention. The more you scope around, the more of an in-depth of an experience you will have.

This also relates into the moral choice systems in the game. At any point in the game, unknown to the player, there can be alternate paths around an objective: e.g. non-lethal sneaking instead of starting a shoot-out or even chatting to an old friend to gain access to places instead of crawling through air ducts. No matter what choices you make, each one has its own repercussions that you won’t notice until later in the game. At some points you’ll also come across moral choices which often lead you into moral grey areas. There is no fixed right and wrong and the choices you make are based more on what you, the player, believe is the right choice.

The story of Human Revolution is set in a realistic depiction of the future year of 2027, a time of great innovation in the controversial science of human-cyborg augmentation. We follow the exploits of ex-SWAT member Adam Jenson (a man forced to be augmented following a terrorist attack at Sarif Industries; Adam’s workplace and America’s leading company in the research of human augmentation) as he uncovers corporate conspiracies across the globe, concerning human augmentation and what happened during the attack on Sarif headquarters.

This LP:

This Let’s Play will be a pacifist's, ghost run of Human Revolution and its DLC: The Missing Link. As well as covering ideal strategies and any secrets you might not have noticed whilst playing, I will also be covering any narrative points that might be hard to comprehend along with the reasoning behind some of the choices made by the developers in this highly cinematic experience.

Videos:

- Prologue: Welcome to the Revolution (corrupted upload):

A revolutionary discovery in the field of human augmentation has been found by Dr. Megan Reed at Sarif Industries. Despite this possibly being the key into humans next stage in evolution, someone clearly objects to this research being made public and a W.E.T. team of cyborgs shhots their way through Sarif headquarters in order to assassinate Megan Reed and her science team. It is here where we gain control of Adam Jenson; who in this version of the story, doesn't do his job as head of security and sneaks past everyone before the inevitable happens. This update will also cover what's with the painting of the autopsy seen through out the game.

- Act 1 Mission 1: Milwaukee Factory (Back in the Saddle):
- Part 1,
- Part 2,
- Conversation with Zeke Sanders and Debrief.

Adam Jenson is brought back to work to settle a break in at Serif Industries' Milwaukee factory. The factory itself has been attacked by Purity First, an anti cyborg activist group led by Zeke Sanders (an ex military cyborg, who ripped out his augmentations believing that they were controlling him). Adam Jenson returns now as a cyborg fully augmented in an act to save his life and now must use his new implants to infiltrate past the protesters and take down their leader, free civilians and recover data covering the typhoon (a secret, military, contracted weapon that just arrived for manufacturing that day).

- Act 1 Hub 1: Detroit 1 (Ghosts and Proxy Soldiers):
- Praxis Locations,
- Side Quests,
- Main Missions.

After releasing Zeke Sanders in hopes of gaining more leads and safely retrieving the typhoon schematics for decryption, Adam returns to his home in Detroit to begin his investigation into who was really behind the recent attack on Sarif Industries and if it has anything to do with the previous attack that took place six months ago. Adam must first collect the autopsy and neuro-hub results of the cyborg found in Zeke's team which are being kept out of site in Detroit's police department HQ, perhaps some form of bribery is involved? Along the way Adam Jensen will get used to his new augmentations, help a work college out of some deep metaphorical water, assist an old partner from the force in an investigation of a dirty cop, catch up with "new friends" from the previous mission and most importantly help Megan Reed's mother put her grief to rest.

- Act 1 Mission 2: Highland Park (Moving Shadows):
- Part 1,
- Part 2 (Barrett Boss Fight),
- Mission Debrief & Office Snooping.

Jenson has completed his assignments for his first visit to Detroit. Amongst helping Megan's mother (Cassandra Reed) be put at ease over her daughters death, assisting an old friend in an investigation into a corrupt government agent and aiding a distressed co-worker with his aim to distribute Neuropazine to those in need, Jenson has also successfully recovered the neural hub of the augmented member of Purity First.

Decrypted data contained within the suicide cyborgs neural hub, points Jensen to an abandoned factory complex in the dilapidated industrial area of Highland Park. This is Jensen's next lead into finding out who is behind the attacks at Sarif Industries, if they are at all linked to the augmented W.E.T team that attacked six months ago and killed Megan Reed. Hopefully the Codes that Zeke Sanders gave us for letting him go, will come in handy.

- Act 2 Hub 2: Hengsha 1 (Black Market Deals):
- Praxis Locations,
- Main Missions,
- Side Quests.

Welcome to Hengsha - China, the jewel of the Yangtze. Hengsha is a densely populated island off the coast of Shanghai in China. Before 2027, a second city level was built above the lower slums, on top of an enormous structure called the Pangu. Nicknamed the Jewel of the Yangtze River for the amazing feat of engineering, it is at the heart of the global augmentation industry, with Tai Yong Medical headquartered within the city. In Lower Hengsha, the city is a dystopia; riddled with crime and poverty, and a corrupt private security force (Belltower Associates) act as the police force, turning a blind eye to anyone with the credits. Where as Upper Hengsha, is seen as a snobbish utopia.

Despite making the discovery that there is a FEMA detention camp right in the middle of Detroit and finding the cyborg operatives that have attacked Sarif Industries twice in the past six months, were using the camp; Sarif has sent us to Hengsha, using the information we gathered whilst sneaking through Highland-Park and defeating one of the heavily armoured cyborg Barrett, in a fight to the death.

- Act 2 Mission 3: Tai Young Medical (White Noise):
- Tai Young Medical .

Arie Van Bruggen had no qualms admitting involvement in the attacks against Sarif and even gave Jensen the name of the woman who'd hired him: Zhao Yun Ru, president of Tai Yong Medical (also know as the Dragon Lady). It seems the Zhao wants to monopolize the augmentation industry, by wiping out all other competitors and is the one that hired black op mercenaries to destabilize Sarif Industries. But to prove this, Jensen needs to infiltrate the biotech complex and retrieve the evidence.

- Act 2 Mission 4: Picus Communications (Truth and Lies):
- Part 1 ,
- Part 2 (Yelena Boss Fight),
- Debrief (Only Cutscenes).

Shocking evidence pulled from Tai Yong servers revealed a more elaborate plan than expected: Sarif Industries' top research team didn't die six months ago; the attack was staged to cover up their kidnappings! Desperate to learn more, Jensen confronted Tai Yong' president in her penthouse, but Zhao tricked him and escaped into a panic room. Nevertheless, what little she said directed him to Eliza Cassan of Picus Communications, the world's most famous newscaster.

- Act 3 Hub 3: Detroit 2 (Peeling Back the Curtain):
- Exporation,
- Sidequests,
- Main Mission,
- Debriefing.

After sneaking his way through a media control centre Jenson has finally reached room 802-11 where Eliza Cassan was trully hiding. When stepping through the doors Jenson uncovered the truth about the media. Eliza is secretly a supercomputer purpose built to oversee and control the media, however now the system has become self aware and is beginning to realise the damage she's done. Despite wanting to tell Jenson everything, "someone" as stopping her. That someone turned out to be Fedorova, another member of the Tyrants.

Quickly defeating her, Jenson turned to Eliza to learn the truth. Megan Reed and her team is still alive and Isaias Sandoval (William Taggart's right hand man) was involved. Not only this but David Sarif is also hiding something else from Jenson, something about Jenson's past. It is now up to Jenson to return to a riot ridden Detroit, find out what secrets Sarif is keeping and to track down Isaias Sandoval in order to find his lost lover.

- Act 3 Hub 4: Hengsha 2 (Fallen Soldiers):

- Welcome to Hensha (Saving Malik),
- Sidequests,
- Main Missions,
- Stowing Away.

Determined to locate Sarif's scientists, Jensen tracked down Isaias Sandoval (personal assistant to William Taggart - head of the the humanity front). Sandoval admitted to operating on the scientists in hopes of disabling their implanted tracking devices, but failed - only being able to alter their frequency. With this Pritchard then traced one of the scientists' signals back to Hengsha, sending Jensen and Malik scrambling to find him. Unfortunately, the conspirators and their puppets were still one step ahead...

- The Missing Link (DLC):

Released on the 18th October 2011, a month after the initial release of Human Revolution, The Missing Link is the first and only DLC for Human Revolution that wasn't part of a game package. The Missing Link expands the game with both a whole new level packed with a new missions, lighting effects and environmental ambiance, it also delves deeper into the story and main plot thread, exploring it with new characters and moral choices. The Missing Link explains what happened to Adam Jensen during his three-day disappearance after he left Hengsha a second time in a stasis pod.

Although the DLC is accessed through the main menu available for access at any time, the directors cut has it integrated into the story, meaning all of your items and upgrades can carry through to the main game.

- Part 1,
- Part 2,
- Part 3,

Waking up tied to an electromagnetic chair that inhibits augmentations, Jensen bears the torture of the base commander, Netanya Keitner and Pieter Burke, both who believing him to be a spy with government or company affiliations. After the torture, equipment strangely deactivates in Keitner's absence, allowing Jensen to flee the area as an attempt to escape with nothing but a mysterious hacker to guide him.

- Miscellaneous:
- Augmentation Guide,
- Neuropazine and Purity First,
- Cutscenes and Cinematography,

RealTimski fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Dec 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gatz
Oct 19, 2012

Love 'em and leave 'em
Groom 'em and feed 'em
Cid Shinjuku
I'm interested to see how this goes. When I played this game (once, and I loathed it by the end), I tried to play as a stealth pacifist, but that didn't go as planned because of a few difficult sections. I can't really remember which ones tripped me up.

E: Is it just me, or is there a lot of frame-blending going on? The video quality is getting all pixelated in places, as well. Is it possible that youtube is causing this?

gatz fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Aug 12, 2013

RealTimski
Feb 21, 2013

gatz posted:

I'm interested to see how this goes. When I played this game (once, and I loathed it by the end), I tried to play as a stealth pacifist, but that didn't go as planned because of a few difficult sections. I can't really remember which ones tripped me up.

E: Is it just me, or is there a lot of frame-blending going on? The video quality is getting all pixelated in places, as well. Is it possible that youtube is causing this?

Aye some sections do become rather difficult when trying to stealth them, it's all a matter of patience and knowing what root to take. It's really a matter of how you augment yourself on the most part really if you do stealth on your second or third play through and spend the first one exploring and finding paths, then you'll just have a much easier and enjoyable game play experience.

As far as the video quality goes though, I know it's a mixture of video compression through editing and it was a really hot day when I recorded so my capture devise was heavily overheating. Either way it's something I'm trying to fix for later updates.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Quite enjoying it so far, plenty of small things I didn't know about are cropping up in your commentary. One thing you didn't show (probably by choice!)are the small interactive objects at the very start of the game with Megan. They're small items you can click on even though they don't show the interactive button. A dinky car is one. Clicking on them gets you some dialogue from Megan and Adam about their past iirc.

EDIT:

I am pretty sure the prologue isn't separate and any kills or alarms in it will lose you the pacifist or foxiest of the hounds achievements/trophies.

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Aug 13, 2013

RealTimski
Feb 21, 2013
New video update:

- Act 1: Mission 1: Milwaukee Factory: Part 1, Part 2, Conversation with Zeke Sanders and Debrief:

Adam Jenson is brought back to work to settle a break in at Serif Industries' Milwaukee factory. The factory itself has been attacked by Purity First, an anti cyborg activist group led by Zeke Sanders (an ex military cyborg, who ripped out his augmentations believing that they were controlling him). Adam Jenson returns now as a cyborg fully augmented in an act to save his life and now must use his new implants to infiltrate past the protesters and take down their leader, free civilians and recover data covering the typhoon (a secret, military, contracted weapon that just arrived for manufacturing that day).

Part 1:

This update will cover: a "It's 1984" reference, some of the cinematography and character design choices, various amounts of sneaking tactics and most importantly of all; some subtle foreshadowing to later plot elements, that could easily be missed if you don't pay attention.

Part 2:

This update very simply covers some of the many befits of sneaking around and exploring, a brief look into some combat animations, the reveal of a thrilling and intriguing plot device and not to forget a reference towards a comedy playy about the Star Wars prequels.

Conversation with Zeke Sanders and Debrief:

Here we continue with the plot and our mission; negotiating a hostage situation with Zeke Sanders. This update covers the basics of Human Revolution's negotiation system from the dialogue trees and the outcomes of how you deal with them. We also return from our mission in Milwaukee to talk security details with Prichard and to debrief with David Sarif and start our investigation of who's behind these attacks.

RealTimski fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Aug 27, 2013

RealTimski
Feb 21, 2013

EmmyOk posted:

I am pretty sure the prologue isn't separate and any kills or alarms in it will lose you the pacifist or foxiest of the hounds achievements/trophies.

This was a bug in the game for the first 6 months; where all of your actions in the prologue had no consequences on the rest of the game. Of course this was patched via PS online, Xbox live and steam updates that fixed this. However if you managed to find a copy of the game released before this patch and manage to play it without and compulsory updates then the bug might still be there and so you can get the meaningless achievements.

As for the little trinkets around the office I am saving them for a later update but oops! I did forget to record them and did go back after you pointed it out, thanks.

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde
One of the most important early-on skills to have is the one that lets Jensen recognize and punch through weak wall sections. Partly because you can find more Praxis kits behind them.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

J.theYellow posted:

One of the most important early-on skills to have is the one that lets Jensen recognize and punch through weak wall sections. Partly because you can find more Praxis kits behind them.

This is true, though you have to be careful in a pacifist run not to use it against enemies. Anyone on the other side of a weak wall is instantly killed when Jensen breaks through. Found this out while doing an early mission to infiltrate a building, which reminded me of the necessity of frequent saving.

It's also pretty funny that civilians FREAK when you break down a wall.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Phelddagrif posted:

This is true, though you have to be careful in a pacifist run not to use it against enemies. Anyone on the other side of a weak wall is instantly killed when Jensen breaks through. Found this out while doing an early mission to infiltrate a building, which reminded me of the necessity of frequent saving.

It's also pretty funny that civilians FREAK when you break down a wall.

After this, Jensen is going to be hired as a bumbling but well-meaning demolitions man who gets ostracized by his peers. He'll be down on his luck, forced to rely on cheap workman clothing, and they can't really find him any shoes that go with those bionic limbs of his. Luckily, he can use the bricks from those walls to make his own makeshift beds, so it isn't all bad.

RealTimski
Feb 21, 2013

J.theYellow posted:

Obviously I will be making videos on praxis kits but the way I'm doing them covers ways around them without having to use any augmentations. For example those week walls can easily be taken down with heavy fire-power or a grenade, the wall punching thing isn't silent anyway so it doesn't really matter. Also I'm a massive nerd for knowing this.

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde

RealTimski posted:

For example those week walls can easily be taken down with heavy fire-power or a grenade, the wall punching thing isn't silent anyway so it doesn't really matter. Also I'm a massive nerd for knowing this.

Is there a way to see where those weak sections are without the wall-punchy power? Or do you just have all of their locations memorized?

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009

J.theYellow posted:

Is there a way to see where those weak sections are without the wall-punchy power? Or do you just have all of their locations memorized?

If I'm not remembering wrong the weak walls are very visible when compared to the normal ones.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
You just have to hit them with your sword and listen to the sound.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
This has been really well done so far. Looking forward to The Missing Link (as I've never played through it) and watching you die horribly take on the boss fights with just the handgun. Even fully upgraded that's gonna be a bitch-and-a-half.

With regards to the "drop all mods on the pistol" idea (which is a great callback since that's what most folks did in the original Deus Ex), I actually did that with the revolver when I played through. Was worth it in the end (the drat thing basically becomes a Warhammer 40K Bolt Pistol) but it takes so goddamn long to get the thing to that point that I didn't really even use it until I got to the final area. Uberpistol should be useful through the whole game. (Or it would if you weren't just playing pacifist.)

I never found that rooftop entrance on my run. I know that once inside I managed to find my way up to the spot it drops you off at once you get inside, so I knew it existed, but I couldn't figure out how to get there. On the other hand, I did discover that it is possible to stealth your way through the front door. I don't recommend it.

Paused
Oct 24, 2010

J.theYellow posted:

I believe once you have the punch through walls upgrade, the walls you can use it on are highlighted.

Iny
Jan 11, 2012

Paused posted:

I believe once you have the punch through walls upgrade, the walls you can use it on are highlighted.

Right, hence "without the wall-punchy power".

unfair
Oct 6, 2012
Unless you know where to look they're generally pretty hard to see in Detroit - some other areas may be easier depending on the wall texture, but I usually have the aug by the time I get to those. They may be more visible at lower detail settings too, I'm not sure about that.

With the plethora of available praxis kits/points though you might as well just pick up that skill as early as possible. If you know where to look it gives you the kits back almost immediately.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
You don't even need to use explosives to blow out the walls; pistol fire works just as well (just takes more of it). Another fun bit? Shooting the walls out (as opposed to punching) tends to knock out anyone on the other side--not kill them (though its not 100%; save before trying).

All punchable walls have a faint outline on them you can see up close; in the sewers they tend to stand out even more due to there being no pipes going across them.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
This LP has inspired me to play through HR again. On Hard.

I just got to Barrett. I had trouble with that fight on EASY.

:negative:

RealTimski
Feb 21, 2013
So I've finally gotten around to uploading the rest of the Milwaukee factory mission and also our first negotiation tree of Deus Ex along with the debriefing with David Sarif.

RealTimski posted:

Part 2:

This update very simply covers some of the many befits of sneaking around and exploring, a brief look into some combat animations, the reveal of a thrilling and intriguing plot device and not to forget a reference towards a comedy playy about the Star Wars prequels.

Conversation with Zeke Sanders and Debrief:

Here we continue with the plot and our mission; negotiating a hostage situation with Zeke Sanders. This update covers the basics of Human Revolution's negotiation system from the dialogue trees and the outcomes of how you deal with them. We also return from our mission in Milwaukee to talk security details with Prichard and to debrief with David Sarif and start our investigation of who's behind these attacks.

Up next we enter the first hub area that acts as a small sandbox level. Here I will cover the praxis kit locations and how best to access them, the best choices for augmenting yourself with these kits, the back-story and law of Deus Ex (concerning the ethics of human augmentation) and of course the many side-quests along with the exploration involved all of the exploration and continuing with the rest of the game.

Compufreak99
Jul 24, 2013
I am really enjoying these videos so far, good job!

I especially like when you point out the artistic choices and the background story telling/world building as you go through the levels. Can't wait to see what you have to say about Adam's Apartment when you get there. A LOT of subtle background flavor that some people have overlooked.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Meant to post again after your last video.

I discovered something pretty neat about the factory level. After you finish the Zeke encounter, you can actually go back through the entire factory, and pick up anything you missed or ignored the first time through because you were trying to sneak and had guys breathing down you neck. I expected them to block off passage back through the level, but no. They removed all the enemies, and put a bunch of cops in a various intervals. I was actually kind of impressed that they went to the effort.

With regards to the "Boss Fight" you can actually just hammer the empathy button all the way through it and he'll let her go. You can also completely gently caress up the negotiation and he'll leave with her, and then kill her. I'm looking forward to future updates, I've got a lot of things to say about the levels coming up.

RealTimski
Feb 21, 2013

RickVoid posted:

With regards to the "Boss Fight" you can actually just hammer the empathy button all the way through it and he'll let her go. You can also completely gently caress up the negotiation and he'll leave with her, and then kill her. I'm looking forward to future updates, I've got a lot of things to say about the levels coming up.

I have to say that the negotiations are some of my favourite parts of the game. They require you to pay a lot of attention to peoples mannerisms and what they say and at first they're a piece of piss to get past, but as you meet more of the intellectual greats of the games lore; they become harder and harder and reasonably so. If you fail one of these you change the outcome of future events so you have to find a new way of getting past it (be that murder for a door key or punching yourself a new door with an upgrade) and that means that you might not get the same information concerning what's really going on It's why I'm going stealthy pacifist, exploring and staying hidden rewards you with a greater insight. That and I get to show off how much I know.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

To the guy who said the bosses are tough, if you think you know pain in this game then you are mistaken. Try beating the game on the highest difficulty, doing a pacifist run with no alarms. Eventually getting to the very end and hacking open the level 5 safe to get the final collectible, and the trophy icon failing to appear. That missing ebook trophy still haunts me.

They definitely could have done with more of those social interactions, and probably should have gotten rid of the CASIE. It made them far simpler which took some of the fun out of it.

RealTimski
Feb 21, 2013
Big steaming augmentation update (update contains two videos and little to no steam):

- Detroit 1: Praxis Locations:

In this update I cover how to recover the two Praxis kits found in our first visit to Detroit, how to safely retrieve them whilst maintaining the ghost/ pacifist rank and how to reach them without having to waist and Praxis kits we've already recovered. We also take our visit to the LIMB clinic as requested by our boss David Sarif, who's "generous donation" has paid off to us.

- Augmentation Guide:

In this update I cover the purposes of the different augmentations, which augmentations suit what kind of play-through and which are best to start out with the eight Praxis kits we have. I also show you how to unlock a secret achievement/ trophy and the location of a potential game changer in the form of credits, a sniper rifle and a great deal of conspiracy fuelling information.

- (Update concerning the lore of human augmentation and Neuropazine coming shortly...)

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
For some reason, your videos load suuuuuper-slow for me. It's weird, other Youtube content loads fine, but your videos take hours to load.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Picked a few things up watching this, didn't know there were two loose kits in every hub. I found the level 5 apartment near the beginning but never went back to it when I had level 5 hacking. How did you find the code for it can I ask? Did you find it on a previous playthrough?

I didn't think you could get the ghost bonus for non-story missions, or is it just because those guys are in a story mission later?

edit: I think the film might be Vanilla Sky

RealTimski
Feb 21, 2013

EmmyOk posted:

Picked a few things up watching this, didn't know there were two loose kits in every hub. I found the level 5 apartment near the beginning but never went back to it when I had level 5 hacking. How did you find the code for it can I ask? Did you find it on a previous playthrough?

I didn't think you could get the ghost bonus for non-story missions, or is it just because those guys are in a story mission later?

edit: I think the film might be Vanilla Sky

I think you can actually find the code for the level 5 door off of a guy at some point, it's either in one of the computer files in the Police HQ or there's some gang member that has it kept on a pocket secretary. Either way I remembered it from another play-through but you can always find the codes on the wiki page if you get stuck.

As for the ghost bonus thing; you don't actually get a bonus outside of missions, but you can still loose your rank if you've got any ongoing objectives - which I did.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

RealTimski posted:

I think you can actually find the code for the level 5 door off of a guy at some point, it's either in one of the computer files in the Police HQ or there's some gang member that has it kept on a pocket secretary. Either way I remembered it from another play-through but you can always find the codes on the wiki page if you get stuck.

As for the ghost bonus thing; you don't actually get a bonus outside of missions, but you can still loose your rank if you've got any ongoing objectives - which I did.

I think it's a dead bum with a pocket secretary that's actually a bit hidden--requires some dumpster carrying or high jumping to access.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I quite liked the magical hobo woman glitch, the best one I ever got was in the pangu in the earlier parts of Tai Yong Medical. I approached what I thought was a small black cleaning bot which suddenly exploded into a full-size NPC, and then shrank back down when I stepped away.

RealTimski
Feb 21, 2013
I always seem to encounter rag-doll glitches and not just ones where some indigent looser gets a door shut on his unconscious face and has themselves an epileptic fit. I think the best one that ever happened to me was when I was dragging a proxy soldier's freshly knocked out body through an air-duct, I left him next to this grill with a fan behind it, took a few steps back and just saw him slowly clip through the fan and get dragged along an unreachable area till he vanished. I immediately did the rational thing and didn't write a creepy pasta about the silly little event.

RealTimski
Feb 21, 2013
It's been a while but I've gotten around to a quick video concerning the back-story of the Purity First riots:

- Neuropazine and Purity First:

Something that trips a lot of people up with Deus Ex: Human Revolution is the lore and back-story of Purity First and the issues surrounding human augmentation and the medicated drug: neuropazine. This update covers some of the lore of Deus Ex: why neuropazine is needed for cyborgs, a brief look into modern arm prosthetics, where to look for Adam Jenson's back-story, why neuropazine is so dangerous and the reasons why people are rioting along with Purity First against human augmentation.

blanktester
Aug 28, 2012

Also I saw my hand on blood lying on the ground, and I saw someone with device's like pile bunker and grind with evil smile
I really loved this game (and the earlier games), and can't wait to see how this thread goes. The game is fairly difficult at times, like others have said, but I enjoyed it immensely. Haven't played the DLC, however, definitely looking forward to that.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

You spelled neuropazine differently in the title and in the video itself, I hate myself so much for posting this. It was either post or be driven up the walls by keeping quiet. I really am the worst kind of commenter. That said I really enjoyed the video, it's great how much effort you're putting into explaining the background and setting of the game. The end of the video was extremely well done.

Mr DJB
Nov 1, 2009

I will devour your soul while you sleep...
Don't worry about it. Tim has mild dyslexia, and I'll proofread his stuff when I get some free time.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I feel like the worst person now. Really enjoying the LP though! Looking forward to more, especially Battery Park.

unfair
Oct 6, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

Looking forward to more, especially Battery Park.

There was a Battery Park in Human Revolution too?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

unfair posted:

There was a Battery Park in Human Revolution too?

I mixed up Highland and Battery Park, I have shamed my whole family.

RealTimski
Feb 21, 2013
So I've finally gotten past the long upload and here be the next instalment of Adam Jenson's adventure through Detroit with a collection of all the side quests from our first visit to Detroit along with some useful exploits you can use and some exploration.

- Side Quests:

Although I have grouped together some of the side quests for the sake of their stories being linked via progressive narrative, everything is still there for you to choose from in three different sections which you'll be able to select at the beginning of the video. These selections are:

- Lesser Evils (includes Paging Adam Jensen):

After debriefing with David Sarif, Adam is summoned to his office by co-worked Tim Carella, who is in dire need of help. It turns out Carella has been secretly stashing Neuropozyne. As he explains it, he agreed to aid Brian Tindall (one of Pritchard's security employees) in stealing Neuropozyne from Sarif Industries. Now Carella wants out, but Tindall has security footage of Carella committing the thefts, and is blackmailing Carella. Carella needs Adam's help to deal with this or he will lose his job and face criminal charges.

- Motherly Ties:

After leaving Sarif Industries Adam is approached by Cassandra Reed, Megan's mother. Cassandra is not over Megan's death and believes that there was some sort of cover-up in the police investigation, and wants Jensen's help to find out what really happened.

- Cloak and Daggers:

Jenny Alexander, Adam's old partner from the police force, is working as an undercover cop and investigating a federal officer named Jack O'Malley, suspected of corruption, but is stuck down in laws and procedures of working on the force. Here she needs Adams help to find evidence for her case and to help uncover O'Malley's plans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealTimski
Feb 21, 2013

EmmyOk posted:

You spelled neuropazine differently in the title and in the video itself, I hate myself so much for posting this.

You'll be pleased to know that I've gone through and corrected everything and have even fixed all the video thumbnails to look more presentable and less like I'd chopped them together in 30 seconds, which is what I did before. I'm also putting a lot more into the content as time goes on where I don't have to worry about spoilers as much and can go into greater detail. As for pointing stuff like spelling out I actually appreciate it, if anything it's helping me to check up on things I miss, so really don't worry.

• Locked thread