Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:

anthonypants posted:

Someone channeling Francis E. Dec, esq.

Oh wow, haven't seen crazy like that in a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
No, its that the computer has only 256mb of ram. Which is even worse, because its on purpose.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
Yahoo answers is the lower house of the Internet Governing Body. It pre-filters legislation for the BIG 8.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot

Nerdrock posted:

A laptop came in....on my foot. followed by another, and another...

I and another tech were onsite at a school doing a few misc things, which included putting a few fixed laptops back into laptop carts. I approached the destination laptop cart, unlocked it, and as soon as I undid the latch.. CRASH. about 15 2009 macbooks came down upon my feet. Those fuckers are heavier than you'd think. This cart had recently been moved from one school to another, and it seems they got a little disrupted on the trip over. Nothing appears to be wrong with my foot at all, other than pain.

Your foot better not have broken any of the property, you goddamn savage.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot

everythingWasBees posted:

Where'd you get that little octopus dude?

She's clearly a seal

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot

NZAmoeba posted:

I just submitted the following ticket to my ISP:

I hope whoever answers gets a smile out of it at least.

I think mailing pretty European women is bit out of scope for an ISP

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot

Migishu posted:

The power supply is fine. Just needs a new laptop is all. Look, this doesn't concern you, lemme just quickly call Tiger Direct and get her a new laptop. It'll be fine with that power supply.

Ugh, you and your frivolous spending, just cut the damaged bit of cable off and solder it together.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot

Collateral Damage posted:

:catstare: Why does a glorified miniature fog machine need a display?

Because vaping has always been douchebag arms race.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
Only thing that gets him hard is productivity.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
Posting in to tell you the worst part of Firesight's issue. He mentioned this on IRC and I did some light googling, which revealed this has been an issue for some time.
Some Apple forum posters claimed it was some sort of Bonjour Sleep Proxy thing, where the TV (i poo poo you not) keeps answering to the ARP requests on other Apple devices behest so that their leases don't expire or some poo poo.
Posting this here so that everyone can see how pants-on-head this is.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3417818?start=0&tstart=0 "ARP Cache Poison behavior by Apple TV"
https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/2dgync/apple_tv_is_stealing_ip_addresses_on_a_campus/

Sormus fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Mar 10, 2016

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot

Red Metal posted:

he's one of her three other boyfriends

His idea of talking dirty was mentioning his 4 million dollar bar purchase

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot

larchesdanrew posted:

This is why I refuse to acknowledge anyone that doesn't begin every interaction with a deep, reverent bow, and begin every sentence with the phrase "His Holiness, Coordinator for Technology Larchesdanrew"

His Excellency, Coordinator for Technology, Field-Technician Computer-Doctor Larchesdanrew, Dell Cross, Cisco Service Order, Microsoft Order of Merit, Lord of All the Human Interface Devices and Printing Apparatuses and Conqueror of the Buffalo Devices in Broadcasting in General and TVCHANNELNAME in Particular.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot

Mo_Steel posted:

Why the gently caress would anyone permanently delete recent documentation? It's not like word documents take a ton of space if it's just text and a few images, may as well save that poo poo for 10 years until you're 100% certain it's obsolete.

Delete? It was probably saved on to the finest Buffalo-brand external drive money can buy.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
'It needed a boot'

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot

Does IT club mean you're going to have bunch on unpaid interns that can reimage computers and replace coffee spill keyboards for you?

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot

Collateral Damage posted:

Everyone above the polar circle: "Welp."

Summer: Winter:

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
Tracking bugs. Catch, tag and release style.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
I don't want Larches to die for my sins, mostly because thats just such a stupid thing to die for.

"I died because this dude touches himself"

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot

Javid posted:

There are people who don't have their phone auto-mute around the time they go to bed?

poo poo, my newest phone just mutes itself from 10-6 out of the box. How do you live without that?

Android DND mode is perhaps the most important feature for me. gently caress waking up to a random email/text.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot

kensei posted:

This thread is over 4 years old. Is it time for a new one?

Only 4 years? Do you know how much this thread cost to implement then?

Changes are scary.
IT Thread 3.11 for workgroups is sufficient.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
I just want to tell you guys I've never worked in IT or managed a successful project so I would be happy to be the PM for this.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
Hello,

Just got off from phone with the Big Cheese himself and it seems the DeadGayForums Inc. will be in for a quite a change soon.
There have been hushed talks of this XenForo business for months now and many of you have questioned the sanity of spending time and money on new it thread on the old hardware.

At the telecon with the top management we tried to put our best heads together and finally struck gold.

The work underway to replace the SH/SC RE: Ticket thread is to CEASE IMMEDIATELY.
The DeadGayForums Inc. will lease from an outside vendor a temporary RE:Ticket Thread (Most likely a TwidditBook, but we are considering other options)
After the Xenforo project finally completes, we will look into resuming an in-house development of the RE: Ticket Thread

"Please note. The information contained in this message is confidential and is intended only for the use of the individual named above and others who have been specially authorized to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. The attachments have been scanned for viruses prior to leaving our E-mail system. DeadGayForums Incorporated shall not be liable for any consequences of any virus being passed on. "
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
But 'A Pinball Wizard', you are a participant.

• Locked thread