Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Sickening posted:

Support making up poo poo is half the job.

Support guy here. Will fully admit to glaring angrily at all of my colleagues for making poo poo up over the phone because I know the customer will call me and quote their words later. Also, gently caress people who go "yeah, pay for a replacement, that'll fix it" without knowing if it will loving fix it. I just got chewed out by a customer for half an hour because of that and its only over because the "line" hosed up and "dropped" the call.

Dammit, why don't people realise that shouting at someone who wasn't involved won't do anything except make that guy not want to deal with you like, ever?

VVVVVVVVVVVVV

Suppose i've just never seen the appeal of shouting at someone. To much stress.

dogstile fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jan 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Daylen Drazzi posted:

I'm worried about the new guy hacking it - we had patching to do today (his first - he got his cherry popped!) and at 3:30 pm on the dot he logs out of his computer and puts on his jacket. I knew what he was doing, but I played dumb and asked if he was going outside for a smoke. He looks at me like I'm a nutcase and says he's heading to an appointment he has at 4pm.

"Oh? You finished patching?"

"I'll do that tomorrow."

I shook my head and told him that we have other patching to do tomorrow, and the day after that, and we don't leave until the day's patching is complete. His response? "But I've got an appointment."

This starts to piss me off, since I told him the first week that we don't leave until we finish patching, even if it means staying late. I'm very certain our team lead told him the same thing. I wasn't about to do his poo poo and mine, so I told him to sweet talk to the second shift guys and see if one of them would be willing to finish things off for him, otherwise he could take off his coat and get back to patching. Fortunately for him the second shift guys take pity and agree to finish his patching.

I'm trying hard to not get annoyed by all the hand-holding this guy needs - when I started the job I had almost no help from anyone and just muddled my way through things and figured that poo poo out on my own by reading our process documents. I would ask questions from time to time (I was afraid to ask too many questions for fear that it would reveal that I was terminally incompetent), but for most of it I had to learn as I went. I'm beginning to think that my explaining things and showing him how to do the work is not doing the new guy any favors. Maybe I just need to let him figure this poo poo out on his own and tell him where the process documents are and concentrate on my work. I have a feeling, however, that no matter what I do it's going to come back and bite me in the rear end.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the problem isn't you helping him, the problem is that he doesn't understand that in IT there are jobs where you can't just go home when your shift is up. You helping him is probably one of the only things keeping the guy around.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

True, I assume its just one of those things where the second shift comes in later and expects that the work done before they got there was finished and that they'd continue on or that its a measure to make sure employees don't sit around for half the day because they know work they don't do will get picked up.

dogstile fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Jan 8, 2014

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

dino. posted:

That's the stockholm syndrome of terrible jobs. You have poo poo rules, and don't notice that they're poo poo until someone else points it out. Why wouldn't PM take over the patches? It shouldn't be that hard to say, "Hey, keep going on these fuckers, they're _____% done".

To be fair, I never said it was a good deal. My first day ended up in me working 12 hours. No, I wasn't told and it was loving awful because I was only there for "training" so I wasn't actually doing anything except watching the guy training me reformat a PC. The reason it took so long is the guy tried to save time and just "remove the virus". The virus was crypto. No, I wasn't amused. I wouldn't blame him for wanting to leave if it was sprung on him. If it was, I take it back, the new guys problem was making the same mistake I did and not asking.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

blackswordca posted:

So a developer pulled me into his office.

:geno: Blackswordca! Why isn't Visual Studio 2012 installed on this workstation, I need it!
:raise: I installed it myself, its on there.
:geno: No its not, I cant find it!
:raise: *clicks start button and clicks on the folder marked "Visual Studio 2012"*

Then there was the awkward silence.

This makes me cry because of the seven months I spent being sysadmin for a charity. This happened every day. Every single day.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
My manager has sent out an email asking for everyone who isn't in a certain call group to email him every time a corperate call gets through to them. Poor bastard, he's looking at roughly 5 emails a day from me alone.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Javid posted:

^ that, I will push back against a script that has nothing to do with the actual problem but a tech with a clue gets substantially more trust.

Honestly, even if they're clueless, if they're nice and are willing to admit they have to go through the script it instantly makes it easier to tolerate.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

myron cope posted:

We got two tickets in a row from a store:

Sometimes people submit music issues as facilities requests instead of to us, but we don't usually get them the other way around. This guy isn't new. It's not like it's way less effort to submit a ticket instead of facilities request, either. They're like the same thing. Just...:wtc:

You did send it back with extremely in depth instructions on the correct way to send it right?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

myron cope posted:

We aren't in any kind of trouble over it (especially not me, since I just started in mid-November), it's just a policy change going forward.

Three months from now if it's still happening, I could see it being an issue for us. I'm just going to ticket everything no matter how dumb it is.

Do this, I actually ticket helping my colleagues for five minutes over the phone because if it comes back I can see what's going on with it.

Plus having poo poo written down is good.

Edit: Also so I don't sound like a massive dick, i get asked what i've been up to today, including down periods, it covers my rear end.

dogstile fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jan 25, 2014

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Thanks Internet posted:

Didn't stop my coworker from buying an Alienware laptop for his primary machine.

Isn't alienware overpriced? Then again, I can't talk. I bought a novatech pc just before christmas because I was impatient and a friend got a PC that matched mine in spec for £300 less. Only downside was it runs AMD and the case isn't as bitchin' :nitecrew:

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah, its a pretty simple thing to do. So long as they understand that you will occasionally slip up and refer to her as a he when you're focusing on something else, that's a reasonable request. Hell, I do it for a friend who changed his gender a while ago from a she to a he. Occasionally i'll slip because physically he still looks female, but he understands that because durr, for 20 years i've been calling people him/her based solely on appearance, its not exactly something that you can just snap out of.

People who get pissy at people for messing up their pronouns once despite them making an effort to remember are assholes and alienating those who want to help. That last sentence is in fact, tumblr.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

semiavrage posted:

Today I got an email that stated, and this is a direct quote, that we were to "...return the cases, as they are not feminine and accessible enough." The title of the email was "Important Color Issue RE: Macbooks."

This sounds an awful lot like the thinking feminists had when they complained about wikipedia not being feminine enough and that wikipedia was a "male dominated environment".

Just, ugh. Way to fight sexism by reinforcing gender roles!

Todays ticket? A client who has asked me to do a price update for her a good 10 times now. I've got no problem helping her, it takes 10 minutes at most and I don't have to take other (shittier) calls while doing it.

The part that makes this stand out? It apparently took her ten repetitions of "ok, so i'm just going to press select all and update all the prices to the ones in this file" for her to realise there was an option next to the one I clicked that only selects price increases. I have mentioned it before (every time I do it I ask if she wants to select all or just the increases) but she's always gone for "just select all".

Today I find out her company only wants to do price increases and its caused them a massive headache. Ugh.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Sirotan posted:

At work once I had one earbud in to listen to music while working (leaving the other ear open to hear the phone) when I started feeling this...movement. Took out my earbud and started scratching my ear, and managed to pull a live ant out of it. It had apparently crawled into the earbud in my (completely clean, no food in sight) drawer before I stuck it in my ear.

:gonk:

I had this with a spider once. I also get bugs in my hair on occasion because I own a cat who doesn't understand that the correct bed he should be in is on the floor and looks like an old towel wrapped up in a feeble attempt to get the cat off my drat bed (he'd wake me up at 3am by scratching my chest until blood showed so i'd let him out). This prompted a conversation with a colleague who saw me pick a beetle out of my hair once and said "dude, you have lice".

No, its a beetle you nimwit. Yes, I did shower today, it was tangled up in my roots (I had long hair at the time).

Bugs are the worst and now I check for them every time I go to bed, even though I know i've not had the cat in my room for a year.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Apex Rogers posted:

I'm wondering myself how you can wash your hair and somehow miss having a beetle in there. I don't really buy being "tangled up in [the] roots" as a valid reason; if you properly washed your hair you would have found it.

Cat leaves bugs on my bed (they're alive), bugs crawl into my hair while I sleep. Trust me, I was as surprised at finding a small beetle in there too, in all fairness that shower I had was quite literally a quick in and out because I was running late. I plan a bit better now, but yeah, wasn't nice. Was a bit grossed out and i've been really paranoid about bugs in my hair ever since then.

So no, it wasn't really a proper wash. It was a "dude, you're sweaty, get in the shower, use antiperspirant and leave so you're not late".

My hairs nice and short now anyway, so its much easier to manage.

Cojawfee posted:

I also need clarification on that. I've had two outside cats. Neither of them ever brought beetles in. And if they did, they never ended up in the bed. You sound like a goony gently caress if you sleep in a bed full of beetles and washing your hair in the morning doesn't remove them.

See above. Also, shits a lot cleaner now, i'm not a teenager anymore. I also had this great habit of walking into my room, getting into bed and falling asleep after a night out on black bedsheets, so its not as if i'm really going to notice a small beetle in the dark. I could probably show you what I looked like back then compared to now, if you want :shrug: It was a simpler time, where cleanliness was more of a "check you don't smell, that'll do" than anything else.

Before you ask, i'm not proud of it. Don't worry.

E: In fact here, i'm going to bed and I assume you'll be curious, this is the hair I had when this happened, I believe it actually happened the day after this picture was taken (beach party the night before going into work). As you can see, I cleaned up my act a lot when I stopped working at the local warhammer shop and got into a proper job.

http://s278.photobucket.com/user/dogstilez/media/ME-1.jpg.html?sort=2&o=21 <Before and now> http://s278.photobucket.com/user/dogstilez/media/Picture5.jpg.html?sort=2&o=27

dogstile fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Feb 12, 2014

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Knormal posted:

Is this their attempt at typing out some kind of tone, or are they just racist and putting in tickets like "When I call China all I hear is 'ching chong ching'"? Because the second one's more of a personal problem.

There's a "different tones from different" countries post i've seen around that actually has some of those examples on, so i'd assume the former. If I find it again i'll post it.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
A ticket came in: Yeah, you're working in Wales this Valentines weekend Dog, good luck!

Why good luck you say? Go google UK weather right now. Check what places are hit the worst. I'll be in one of them.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Lum posted:

Sup fellow resident of Wales :v:

Not been too bad where I am, lost power a couple of time last week, and tonight has had a couple of dropouts just long enough to flicker the lights but nothing major, though our home PCs, router and cordless phones are on UPSes.

The crosswinds are somewhat sketchy on the motorways, even before you get near the bridge, means everyone is driving in terrified panic mode.

Getting over that bridge was a little sketchy but I slept up until then (I'm so used to my lift into work almost crashing his car that I can nod off even when having to swerve a lot). According to my colleagues who were driving the van it was actually worse before the bridge. Barely anyone wanted to cross the thing it seems.

I still really should pick up welsh, if only because the signs screw with me. How do they turn two words into five? Just, so much :psyduck:

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

rolleyes posted:

Well the area where the bridge is had a red warning out, which means winds of 80mph plus. On that bridge, because of the prevailing wind direction, that would be an 80mph crosswind.

I know we don't get big impressive hurricanes like you guys but I'd still rather stay clear of that sort of situation.

I'm pretty sure we got told it was going to hit 115 or so.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Well, i've been told I can't do my part of the work until another guy has done his job and he's going to have to redo a huge part of it (its taken him most of today). They'll pay me every hour I wait and I can do whatever until then so long as its in the practice.

Time to catch up on Supernatural and get paid for it, I guess! The way its going, i'll only be doing my hours worth at 10pm tonight.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Che Delilas posted:

You mean tomorrow. You'll only be doing your hours worth tomorrow.

Looks like it'll be that way. Not that I mind, i'm here to train the users on how to use the software tomorrow anyway, means they have to wait an hour. Not my problem, they can take it up with the data guys who are taking forever :shrug:

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Bohemian Cowabunga posted:

This matter is urgent :supaburn:

* Reply within literally 3 minutes. User has not responded for 3 days now. *

I had an urgent :supaburn: call before I went off to Wales (so, friday). Told the manager (poo poo manager is the only manager i can tell, good one is on holiday) and he said it'd get taken care of. I've only just got back into the office and its still in my name, nobody has looked at it, the client hasn't even inquired. Urgent most of the time means "its mildly annoying" here.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah, my uni had a few quiet rooms. They were literally for use if you need a space to relax though.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

AlternateAccount posted:

I work in a cave complex and we have an old unused office on the far side of the thing. It's got a couch in it. If you go in there and shut the door, it's freakishly dark and scary quiet. I definitely will go in there and take a 15-20 minute snoozy on days when I am just not getting my poo poo together or after smashing my face into a problem for 2-3 hours.
My boss is the one that told me about it and invited me to use it.

Let me have your boss. Please.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Roargasm posted:

I'm really wary of any kind of open naptime or "fun in the workplace" policy because it just gives them a convenient excuse to make you practically live at work. Facebook campus is full of games, bands, food, and fun things but gently caress you if you're leaving before 8pm. If it's a normal 9-5 and you can do this stuff, then your boss's boss needs to get his poo poo together because it's not that hard to go 100% for 8 hours

Honestly, on helldesk right now and its been one of those weeks where something has gone wrong on an install and i'm the poor bastard dealing with the fallout. After four hours of customers calling you incompetent, you tend to need a break so you don't smash something to pieces.

AlternateAccount posted:

Same boss also said, "I don't care when you come in or really how many hours you work. 20 or 40, no difference as long as you meet your responsibilities. If you take a day off, just tell me. I don't care why or what the reasoning is, you're not asking for my approval. Just keep me informed."

This is how I think it should work, although I realise how rare it is. If I get put into a job where i'm expected to do x task in y amount of time and I get done early, if there is nothing else to do then why am I at my desk? Either give me something to do or let me go hang out around town or go home (if they need me to be close by just in case, sure, i'll stick around). Being sat at my desk with nothing to do saps my energy more than working does. So long as the employee doesn't abuse the trust AlternateAccount's boss has shown, I imagine i'd even consider coming in early for gently caress all pay and helping out. Respect goes a long way.

I've only been paid to work at two places. The last place only paid me the bare minimum but they gave me a lot of freedom, so i'd even stay 2 hours late to finish something and wouldn't ask for overtime, because i'd get to go home early if I finished early.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

I legitimately hope my boss never see's that. It'd give him ideas and he'd start looking for a brand like that. Then again, i'd just start bringing in my own loo roll.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
A ticket came in...
And another...
And another...
And another...

I'm sat here with 17 fairly important tickets in my name, other people have gently caress all, my managers on holiday and his replacement isn't allowed to reassign tickets, so he's not a replacement, he's just a face to complain at.

E: While writing this i've acquired three more. I'm tempted to just bounce the drat calls.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

The Cubelodyte posted:

A ticket just came in… and then a few more… and they promptly disappeared from the queue. Because they all got taken. My group is FINALLY staffed well enough not only to handle the daily user support load but actually start moving forward on long-delayed projects. :buddy:

I've probably just jinxed us by being happy about it.

I'm at the opposite right now, my boss has fired people just before what is apparently the biggest time of the year. I think another guys going to go tomorrow (for taking sick days).

Agrikk posted:

It's all about the power of negotiation, folks.

loving this, I wish I had negotiated better, because even with my coming raise i'm going to be paid lower than the people who are just starting out by a good £1000.

Negotiate people, so you don't end up like me, making less than you're happy with and desperately job hunting.

Now on the subject of todays ticket, I finally arranged alternate transport into work which is cheaper than the drat train. I had a colleague who was trying to charge me £40 a week to drive an extra 20 minutes per day (five minutes to get to mine from his, five minutes to drive back past his house to get to work) because he had a new car which "costs more to fill up" (which i'm taking it as him going "oh, if i can put more fuel in this, I can charge him more"). Before, he was just charging me how much the train cost, which was fine by me as it got me there faster and I got picked up, even though I knew I was paying for his entire weeks worth of fuel for him.

When he tried to up it, I finally said gently caress it and now i'm paying a family member £20 a week instead (I didn't want to bother them with it at first), this also means that I actually spend less time with people I don't like. Win win!

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

AlternateAccount posted:

Yeah, what an entitled dick. Between insurance, gas, the actual purchase and maintenance, it costs something like 40-50c/mile to keep a car on the road. He's getting a goddamn bargain.

This is "maintenance" on a car he constantly speeds with and from what I hear, has had a collision 2 days after buying it on the drive to work because motorways are where you go 100mph on because your car can do it right? He's also unreliable as hell and has quite literally left me without a way home without telling me that he's leaving multiple times (in the last two weeks he's done it three times).

Not sorry, gently caress that guy. I'm not paying extra for his lovely driving, dudes gonna kill someone.

Erwin posted:

You seem to think his time is worthless. Perhaps he doesn't want to keep adding 20 minutes to his commute so he upped the cost to make it worthwhile.

See above, I would understand if he was actually driving safely and getting a new car just because and wanted to up the cost due to time, but I believe i've posted a picture of the first crash we had with a truck in the poo poo that's pissing me off thread. He's gotten a new car because he was told to repair it or go to court.

In fact, it looks like i either didn't or its buried, here you are. The very first one, its the only one i've bothered to take a picture of. By the end of it the other side was like that, the bumper was hosed and the car pulled way to the left.

E: Quoted the same person twice. Whoops

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Speed limit for motorways here is 70 I believe. I'm a UK goon

dogstile fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Feb 27, 2014

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Well, I just had a client give out a surprised "oh" over the phone, after a small bang. I asked her what went wrong and she said she plugged in the backup drive and now her server is spewing out lots of smoke.

Well, I guess that's an easy ticket to close. "Server hosed, do the needful".

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

ZetsurinPower posted:

graveyard shift helpdesk guy gets over 100 tickets last night for the same issue and doesn't think to notify anyone. We only discovered it when reviewing metrics for our morning operations meeting.

maybe after 150 tickets he would have thought to himself "a pattern is emerging!"

Out of curiosity, what tickets was he getting? I can't imagine getting 100 tickets over the course of a graveyard shift.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

GreenNight posted:

I don't mind coworkers in IT who stagnate, it beats training new people all the time and it allows me to take better positions.

Of course, co-workers who literally just go all drone and not apply an outside thought to what they're doing annoy me. I have co-workers who are completely fine applying a "fix" for an issue that breaks something else, but they'll never connect the fix and the resulting issue that emerges after. This means we get twice the tickets, because a simple "apply fix, adjust x" ends up making another issue, which will be taking longer because the guy investigating the issue after won't know what's caused the change, so narrowing down what to do to fix it becomes harder.

Methodical, logical thinkers are brilliant and are a million times better than the people who go "this works for this issue, so this is what i'll do despite x".

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

This is the reason I'm studying virtualization like my life depends on it. Right now, you occasionally need a lot of manpower to handle things like replacing hundreds of computers. If you replace those computers with thin clients, it'll be harder to justify some of those jobs.

I think a lot of people won't even see it coming.

Doesn't getting the licenses for all those thinclients cost about as much as a server and a load of PC's? I overheard some of the sales people mentioning that the cost isn't worth it for some people.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

rob_squared posted:

This is kind of late, but I had the same situation years ago, and the request for staggered lunches only made sense because it was front like phone support and was customer facing. It's pretty sad that people outside your dept couldn't realize there's a difference.

Yeah, my place does the staggered lunches thing. Its pretty depressing, the departments are already pretty small and not many people talk to eachother inter-department, which combined with me not really clicking with the guys in my department (football and cars aren't my thing, so I can only really jump in when people fancy talking about world news and the like) means i'll usually end up eating alone most days, as everyone else has already paired up.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

That was literally the worst place to post that.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Lightning Jim posted:

That looks fun; glad I'm not working in KACE.

Content:
In with the pattern for calling IT for everything, I have had received calls with questions that are clearly sales related, such as a status of an order. I even had one guy actually call sales, but then go routed to tech support by that sales rep for us to help him. :psyduck:

This happens to me so often its actually quite annoying and i've just started shoving them back, after telling the client to tell sales exactly what they need and where sales need to look to get their info, as I don't have access.

Other thing that's happening, we've got two new starters. One of them has been told i'm the person to call if they want to get something done on the spot. Thanks guys, I totally need an extra newbie clinging onto me for dear life while I work.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Well, I did it. I'm now the new helldesk team lead.
" :yotj: "

...what have I done?

Did you get a big enough pay rise to compensate for all the extra whisky you'll be drinking?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah, if you're staying within the company, the sinking ship scenario shouldn't apply. Because if you were fleeing, surely you'd be getting out of the company? If you stay in you know you'll end up getting asked about it eventually after all.

In fact, in my entire life everyone who has changed departments in a company (that I know of) ends up getting asked to "fix this one thing as a favour".

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Exit Strategy posted:

In a previous job, I kept a notebook. A paper one. With date and time of the favor in question, how long it took me, and how annoyed I was at having to do it. I had the person sign. Then later, I made sure to call all of them in.

That's a good idea. I'm going to steal that, i've got a book (more like a tome) that has leather coverings, actual parchment, gemstone on the front, the works. Been wondering what to do with it. I might just use it as my "book of favors".

Best part? I have a quill and blood red ink. Goony as gently caress? Sure, but making every "it favor" seem like you're selling your soul also sounds hilarious to me.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

KoRMaK posted:

Just don't be goony and wear a top hot while having them do it. Be more like the cool devil, like a sales guy. "Yea just sign here. Nah don't worry about that, it's all I had laying around to write with. No thats not blood, you wierdo haha why would you think that. Yea just sign there, it's fine."

A la Ray Wise in Reaper or Farmed and Dangerous

Yeah I have to wear smart clothes into work, so it'll definitely be more sales guy than fat dude in a top hat and cape. It'll also be casual as hell, so instead of dramatic goony poo poo, it'll just be "sure, sign there so i've got a record, i'll call it in later".

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

KoRMaK posted:

Nah some good fun stuff comes out of it.

Indeed, yesterday when people left their PC unlocked I installed an extension on chrome that replaced every image with a different picture of Nicholas Cage. Funny poo poo, takes 2 seconds to fix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Day 2. Pranks still going. Phone software occasionally playing leekspin in the background (harmless, it ran for around 2 hours before i noticed). My colleague has a keyfinder hidden on the inside of his case that goes off when someone whistles or in his case, when he laughs.

I also stuck a label to the bottom of the sysadmins mouse. Looks like the whole office is bored, we're all doing tiny pranks to eachother. We usually do it anyway, but the rate has gone up massively since april fools. Luckily we're all in the same room and all find it funny.

dogstile fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Apr 2, 2014

• Locked thread