Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I don't want to derail this thread too far, if you're super into paperclips, this thread is for you: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3775797

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

RFC2324 posted:

Are they idle games about an AI taking over the world and killing all of humanity?

Its an irony thing.

Al is a real jerk.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
You want most of your points in replication and hazard survival. No more than one point in anything else except the last one you unlock later.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Johnny Aztec posted:

So, did I gently caress up somewhere?

I think that when you get enough creativity you can respec your stats.

Alternately, you can sometimes squeeze out some extra ops by clicking the quantum computing thing at the right time.

Edit:

In the console, you can add trust by typing
pre:
trust += 1

Dr. Arbitrary fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Dec 26, 2017

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Johnny Aztec posted:

How exatcly do I do that? Can't get anything to happen in the console.

In Chrome, press F12, click on console, click adjacent to the blue > and type in
pre:
trust += 1

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Super Soaker Party! posted:

No? Here's a primer:

1. Just stuff new user/computer objects in the default Users and Computers top level OUs.
2. Set every user object to password never expires, and change password policy in the default domain GPO to 2 characters no complexity no passwords remembered.
3. Come to think of it, don't create any other GPOs at all, make all changes in the default domain GPO, including turning Windows firewall completely off, setting Windows updates to point to a server that doesn't exist anymore and not allowing machines to access updates from Microsoft, definitely enable NetBIOS sharing (turn off SMB2, SMB1's much better), and allow RDP from any user no NLA required.
4. Set up 5 domain controllers: DC1, DC2, DC4, SERVER03, APOLLO. Split FSMO roles between DC2 and APOLLO. Now without changing any roles, turn off the DC2 and APOLLO physical servers and ewaste them (they were physical of course, you have no VMs because virtualization technology is too new and untrusted).
5. Add all users to Domain Admins so they can install coupon software on their machines.
6. Set up fileshares with Everyone full control for both sharing and NTFS permissions.

Ahh, there we go, job done. Happy New Year!

Oh, I used to work here!

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
One of these days I'm gonna figure out a way to automatically analyze GPOs, RSOP everything, and then come up with a suggestion on how to consolidate everything. I'm gonna market it as GPO Unfucker, profanity and all, and make millions.

Enterprise GPO Unfucker license for $100
Enterprise GPO Unscrewer license for $1000 + $10 per object
Both products will be identical with the exception of the name and price.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

MJP posted:

Maybe we should adopt DevOps for the new thread

Two week sprints, daily standup at 0900 PST.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Allegedly Allergic posted:

Hey guys, I know it's last minute, but I just found out from compliance that we're going to need localization options for Spanish, French and Hebrew in place before we can go forward with the new thread. That should only delay is a couple of hours at most, right?

Shouldn't be too bad. Also, can someone whip up some code to handle time zones? Shouldn't be too hard, just add and subtract a few hours depending on where they are. Easy!

• Locked thread