Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Amazon has been down for about 20 minutes now. (They just put up a "sorry" landing page finally but it was a 404 for 10 minutes).

Wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Ursine Asylum posted:

I just deployed a production server in my boxers.

Your boxers must be pretty big for an entire server to fit into them :v:

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Lum posted:

wanting rid of this thing as soon as possible.

Sorry for the slight derail, but this is interesting to me - there's a very common construction in Pennsylvania and the surrounding area where people omit saying "to be", usually after the verb needs (as in "this needs washed"), but I didn't know there were any examples of similar omission in British English usage. Is "wanting rid of" common?

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

captkirk posted:

For racks, I prefer hand made when possible to keep things clean. When you need a 4 foot run of cable it's nice to be able to have just a 4 foot run of cable. It's a, most likely irrational, response to the truly horrifying cable jobs I've seen using pre-mades (granted, I've seen even worse with hand made cables, but those were cases of someone just grabbing a cable laying around that had already been made).

I've found that the peace of mind in not worrying about you crimping something incorrectly (even after thousands of crimped ends I seriously doubt you'd be as consistent cable after cable as a machine in the cable making factory) is totally worth having a couple inches, or even a foot extra in a run. I definitely agree with making runs that are just the right length, and when we're wiring up racks we plan out the runs before anyone touches a screwdriver, but that just means ordering a bunch of different lengths, and unless you're really bad at planning, you won't have too much extra (and it can usually be used around the office somewhere).

Also, it's the one time I don't buy Monoprice - we get Allan-Tel cables because the push tab on the plug is so long that it's really easy to access (even on those 1U servers with a seemingly-recessed network port) and the time (and thumb skin) it saves not having to push down a tiny tab to remove a cable from a port is worth the extra cost.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

18 Character Limit posted:

Monoprice cables,
Because none here want to crimp.
Why still in transit?

Want next day shipping?
Move out to California
Oops, raped by taxes.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Crowley posted:

Holy loving shitballs! I'm so exited about this I'll probably be extremely disappointed when I get to test it.

I've put off implementing a new 720xd backup server for three months just so I didn't have to do a combined Veeam 6.5 / Backup Exec solution.

Also, they released Veeam Free, which looks like a perfect solution for small clients with no money for VM backup.

I'm looking forward to finally telling Symantec to get hosed.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

GreenNight posted:

The problem is that we don't want people to use their mailboxes as file storage. No thanks.

I agree - our construction company client is approaching 1.75 TB total DB size (spread across four DBs and this is for about 150-180 users), and we're going to have to up the individual mailbox quota beyond 32 GB soon. :gonk: All because they just keep emailing giant PDFs back and forth, and while it's great that they're saving literally thousands of dollars a month on paper costs at jobsites, we have file shares and DFS set up precisely for this purpose, and they refuse to use them, or buy more storage for Exchange. It's going to be interesting when "just make it work without more storage" runs into "Exchange will not function if its DB drive fills up" (which has actually happened a few times already - the current Exchange LUN started at 1 TB).

I'm now pushing for them to use shared mailboxes for this poo poo, so at the very least it's one mailbox that gets full of crap instead of an entire distro list's worth. (Though I understand Microsoft's reasoning about CPU power, I'm still not the biggest fan of them removing single-instance storage in Exchange 2010). But yeah, it's a management & policy problem - if they insist on using email as file storage, it's going to come back to bite them. And since they won't listen to us, we're just waiting for the trainwreck. :shrug:

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Crowley posted:

I've been trying to wrangle a ZendTo server into working, and I feel like running in molasses. Anyone know of another solution to sending large files and/or folders in and out of the company? Preferably Windows-based, but beggars can't be choosers.

Crap. I've been looking at ZendTo because it seemed like a really good solution. Let me know if you find another solution to this issue so my users can stop encrypting PDFs with Acrobat and emailing them :smith:

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

KillHour posted:

I'm posting this here because they were originally posted in the last thread. There were these amazing looking patch cables that someone brought up that were supposed to make cable management way easier. I can't find them for the life of me; does anyone know what they were?

I'm going to be doing a ton of cabling in the near future, and I need to put my purchase request in.

Are you thinking of NeatPatch? They seem pretty interesting, though it's designed for only the use case of putting the patch panel right above the switch (so if you have a Cisco stack, that would get annoying). There were also those patch cables that had a fiber optic strand running through them that lit up at the other end so you could see which one you'd plugged in when working with a bundle, but I think those were ungodly expense.

FakeEdit: PatchSee.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

blackswordca posted:

This was something done for a friend of my Dad's. Nothing to do with my primary job at all.

Much as I almost always hate it when people do this, it sounds like you would be well within your rights to hold their site hostage until they pay you. People like this don't understand anything other than that or a letter from a lawyer. (Of course, they may lawyer up too, so that's a calculated risk based on how well you know their personality). But I mean, you hosted their site based on an ASSumption you'd get paid, and they said "hey this guy's a rube, he'll just keep hosting it, we don't pay anything, hooray!" Telling you to your face that they decided you'd keep volunteering is basically saying "yeah we think you have no balls, so why don't you roll on over there and we'll maybe throw you a scrap. Maybe." I'd just take the site down, put up a innocuous parking page with ads (hello.jpg etc. would just be bad legally since it might demonstrate malice), and send them an invoice for your hosting fees plus time plus rear end in a top hat tax and inform them they'll get "their" website which YOU developed and they didn't pay for back when you get properly compensated.

Seriously, sometimes you approach underlig levels of Stockholm. Not Corvettedilbert, there's very few who reach that magical level of "please poo poo in my mouth I love it so much", but this is not the time to be polite, it's the time to remind them that business is business and unless they're literally a charity for children with cancer (actually even then), poo poo ain't free.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Galler posted:

I think the issue is none of the (correct) solutions he's proposed or any of the other (correct) solutions in this thread cost money. Services need to cost money because then there's someone to blame if they fail even if it is more likely that they will fail because they suck. No this doesn't make any loving sense but the people in charge didn't get to where they are by making sense they got there by bullshitting and scapegoating.

Dilbert hire me to come in and P2V that server for $200/hr. I'm an expensive outsider so clearly I'm a better option than you pushing the same loving buttons for your current salary.

I'll do it for $450 an hour three hour minimum. Clearly the more expensive option is going to be better.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

I've spent my entire weekend moving VMs from California to Lansing, MI across a 6 megabit MPLS. Here's the great thing - VMware Converter for whatever reason is having transfer issues, no matter whether it's hot or cold V2V, and will slow down to about 1 megabit. These VMs range from 30 to 250 GB, and while most of them are thin provisioned, that doesn't matter if it's going at 1 megabit because it'll still take 6+ days. So I basically had to shut VMs down, download the folder from the datastore, compress it using 7-Zip on ultra (which, by the way is AMAZING, seems to be able to read the zeros in the thin-provisioned disk successfully, and I'm getting files literally 30-40% the size of what the VM's actual disk usage was, not 30% of the entire disk size, like two web servers with 9.5 GB used on a 40 GB disk ended up as 3.2 GB files - however, the cost for that is time, and each VM takes about 8 hours to compress), and then Teracopying across, decompressing (which also takes 3 hours per), and uploading to the datastore on the other end. Because that's STILL much faster than Converter (which is the most recent version, doesn't matter whether I initiate from Lansing or California, etc).

Whatever, it's in my best interest to get it done ASAP because these are the critical line of business servers that are finally moving from our client's DC (which is getting decommed) to their in-process-of-borging-them parent company's DC, and once they're there, hey hey, no longer my loving problem. But it's still annoying.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Yeah, and I was pretty much saying we needed to do this, but the parent company basically didn't want to and insisted I compress the files and send. Easier for them because I was basically doing all the work. Which, normally, I would be pissed about, but A) again referencing the part where the faster I transfer these machines, the faster I never have to deal with them ever again, and B) my boss is charging our client extra for all hours spent working on the borging process since it's above and beyond our contract. Granted, I see none of that extra money, but I'm actually (unusually for IT) not unhappy with how my boss is treating me so I don't mind making our client pay, since it's now all coming from the parent company anyway. If they don't want to do fedexnet, they can pay for the privilege.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

HalloKitty posted:

I definitely want one, preferably 32GB, but let us know what happens with the quote!

Also down.

Though whoever said you don't need a bottle opener because you should be drinking Scotch is absolutely correct.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Kyrosiris posted:

I went ahead and added myself to coyo7e's spreadsheet, even though I also filled out that form. :shobon:

Could you please print out and scan the form into Word?

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Charun posted:

I used .lan for my intranet because it was short. Works fine, except everyone keeps asking who Ian is.

I don't particularly care about .lan or .internal or any other intranet names that won't be valid in 2015, but what pisses me off greatly is people using the top level companyname.com domain as their internal AD. The problem is it's one of those things that MOSTLY doesn't cause issues, so people think it's fine, but the issues it does cause with essentially having to set up split DNS inside the company are a pain in the rear end and could have easily been avoided by following best practices (which no one knows) and doing ad. or internal.companyname.com. I mean of all the things not to understand how it works, DNS is the simplest. Really. It's not loving difficult. Setting up a cert authority? That's a pain in the rear end, mostly because correcting mistakes after you've made them is a royal bitch (WHOOPS TIME TO RESTART FROM SCRATCH). But DNS? Come on.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Pyroclastic posted:

An email came in.
"The image server crashed. Imaging is down until further notice."

Last I heard, they weren't quite sure what happened, but the server we use for SCCM had a drive or controller failure. The hard drives were alternately not being detected, not showing up with the right drive letters, or otherwise not functioning properly. I understand it's basically a lost cause. The admins said 'all the hooks are gone' even though the data's still present. And I guess there's no backups, at least to the extent we need them.

They've spent more than a year getting this thing built. Workstation reporting, Endpoint management, update pushing, on-demand software delivery, cross-WAN PXE boot and imaging (complete with joining the domain, installing our standard software package, and driver sets for a couple dozen different models of computers), self-service password recovery. And now it's all toast.
Right in the middle of our big push to finally get XP eradicated from everywhere but the high school (which largely can't be upgraded because their fiber NICs don't have Win7 drivers) and like a third of the way through imaging more than 330 new netbooks for mobile labs.

I mean, this sounds like it wasn't a virtual server. But that can't be what you're saying. Can it? A non high-performance machine with no real need to be physical would of course be created as a VM in this day and age. Right? Right??

Who am I kidding, one of our clients still isn't convinced that virtualization doesn't create a 50% or greater performance hit on his lovely Business Objects server that is used by a grand total of 25 people, so I can believe that admins who don't have proper backups of their machines also don't know how to use virtualization properly.

Also, a year to build that, even with SCCM's complexity, seems....slow.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Sylink posted:

You should/can use VMs for high performance, too. We do for web hosting.

I meant more for stuff like high frequency trading, where as far as I know the latency of your NIC means the difference between starvation and extra 5 million on your bonus check - I presume those machines are all physical OS to make them as fast as possible. Personally I'm firmly of the opinion that for the 99% of companies that don't do that kind of poo poo a VM will incur so little performance hit these days, both because of the various extensions added to CPUs to enhance virtualized performance and because theoretically the VMware and Microsoft (and I suppose Xen) VM software stacks have gotten a lot more efficient, that it's absolutely not worth the loss of all the convenience, redundancy, blah blah, to make it a physical machine.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Agrikk posted:

An email came in:

It was my birthday last Thursday and I was out for a few days celebrating. I check my email and I get this from some executive I've never heard of:

I... I don't... I feel so... special... now.

It would have been even better if Your Birthday was enclosed in brackets and was in fact a merge field.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

mllaneza posted:

YOTJ !!!!

:yotj:

IT manager at an engineering firm, options, bonuses, flexible PTO policy.

105 week job search is oooover.

Congrats! I remember when you posted about losing your old job, and it seemed quite ridiculous and unjustified.

Knowing that you're in the Bay Area, or used to be, and that one of our real pain-in-the-rear end clients just started looking for an IT manager, I'm really hoping that you didn't get stuck there. The company name's not an 8 letter word beginning with M, is it?

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Agrikk posted:

While it sounds like you are safe, that line of thinking could easily get your guard down when the blow comes. Just be careful, update your CV and save some cash. Just in case.

As I recall though, in the UK and since she has a fair bit of seniority, she can't just be walked out the door like in the US (when being laid off, that is - that's only for egregious offenses like failing to oppress Indians on a daily basis or something). They have to give her a lot of notice / time, like 2-4 weeks.

This may be all stuff I made up in a fevered dream about a magical land where workers have rights, but I think some of it is accurate.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Alereon posted:

:siren:I think this derail has run its course:siren:

Counterpoint: Not all derails run their course. :v:

(oh god please don't probate me)

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

TWBalls posted:

They're a bit of a pain in the rear end to install (especially once the server is up and running and you have to push back a 'curtain' of cables cascading down the back of the rack). Other than that, what's so bad about them? If done right, you don't have an ugly mess of cables that you have to worry about accidentally stepping on and unplugging when you go back to add/remove servers.

:gonk: what...the....gently caress?

A curtain of cables? You're doing it wrong. Unless I misunderstood what you're saying.

If you're unfortunate enough not to have actual vertical cable managers at the back, then all cables should get ziptie-velcroed** to the side, then cross over, ideally on lacing bars. If you want to use cable management arms after that, OK fine, but you should never have a curtain of cables in the back of a rack.

Also, I actually prefer not to use cable management arms specifically so that any maintenance absolutely requires unplugging everything from the server. (This is not a problem if you use lacing bars, since they hold the cables right in place and replugging is easy as pie). That ensures that dumbasses can't accidentally do maintenance with a server powered on, or accidentally power on a server, or even that there's power going through the machine at all when it's out of the rack and opened. But I don't really have a problem with the arms themselves and I know a lot of people like them.

**I'm sure there's an actual term for this, and I believe there are actual products, but I just make my own - two slits at the center of a strip of velcro perpendicular to the direction you want the velcro to wrap, then put zip-tie through the slits, zip-tie fastens to the rack, velcro goes around cables.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

TWBalls posted:

Well, my predecessors and our current 'sysadmin' were/are doing it wrong. I'm the only one that seems to make an effort to try to make things tidy with that stuff, which is kinda weird since I'm such a slob when it comes to my desk/work area.

The racks we have are primarily from Dell (We have an IBM and some unknown brands as well) and the majority do seem to have (not sure if it's the right term or not) cable minders to thread power/data cables through. Here again, they weren't used by the others that racked these servers. I'll have to see if I can find an older picture of these, before I spent hours tracing cables that had been unplugged, but left behind and finally removing them.

From what you're describing, it sounds like a lacing bar (or strip). I've had to do that with the IBM rack since it doesn't have those hooks (cable minders?) that the Dell rack has.

Yeah, vertical lacing strips are lovely except usually I can't convince clients they're worth it, and they don't always come with the racks. My zipties serve the same purpose except they're cheap and can go more places than a vertical strip. (I do use the horizontal lacing bars as much as possible).

Also, I shouldn't say "you're doing it wrong", because cable management is a reasonably personal art, so a lot of people have a lot of different ideas about what's right or not. My philosophy is essentially that it should be as clean as possible while also remaining as easy to change as possible (i.e. zipties around actual cables are a no unless it's literally something that won't change until the building is remodeled, which is very few things really).

However, just getting the curtain out of the way (permanently), however you do it, is an excellent first step, and one I've had to do more times than I can count. There's sometimes an excellent reason for those curtains existing - a lot of people mean well but are totally swamped putting out fires, and cable management is just not something they have the time and energy for. I sympathize entirely with those people and wish them a happy :yotj: soon. Then there are the slobs. They can die in a fire.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Crowley posted:

Right on the head!

Dear Crowley, you quoted the wrong part of Caged's post. Here, let me help you.

Caged posted:

situations where you just want to hit people

I believe that was what you meant to respond to....

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Or stop using 2012 since R2 is out and has the Start button, although all it does it take you to Metro. Eh.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

Does classic shell work?

Haven't tried it on R2, actually, so I don't know.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

then send in a super professional letter that talks about how much of a learning experience it was working there and how you're looking forward to opportunities to work together in the future.

Or do something where the first letter of every sentence spells out something funny.

Can't it be both?

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Verizian posted:

She's still going to be pissed and looking for "mistakes" that you've made like following instructions to the letter instead of mindreading when somebody actually meant to say something else. Make sure to double up on any CYA paperwork.

I think that Dick's ability to put up with bad bosses of any kind in this, almost the year of our lord 2014 A.T., is pretty much unsurpassed.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Nerdrock posted:

I'd still write up the IT department for not having a "do a quick DD image of people's Hard Drives and save it for a few months before nuking them" policy. I'd then write the IT department up again because they believed people who told them they were "IT Smart". Nobody is IT smart. Hell, half the IT departments in the world aren't even "IT Smart".

Sounds like it was the managers who believed it, not the IT department. I know I wouldn't loving trust users even if they did seem to be more competent than the average bear.

As far as imaging machines before you blow them away, if the stated policy is "keep any and all important files on the network shares", I think the user reaped exactly what they sowed. It's not IT's job to create all the safety nets possible - sure, it'd be nice, but a lot of the time you just don't have the manpower or time to do it. Creating a quick DD image may not be that quick (even just the copying time might be substantial, especially if the guy was storing all the files on his drive for a bunch of other people), and the company may not have the enterprise storage available to store that for a lot of machines for a couple months. (Sure, in an ideal world, the company has a giant SAN with several tiers of storage available and a very low user to technician ratio, but...)

Anyway, I would have at least taken a quick glance through the hard drive, like at the user's profile directories and then just elsewhere to see if there's anything important, such as "D:\NETWORK SHARES" or something, so I'd blame the tech for not doing that and blindly trusting the user's statement that everything was saved, but if it were not obvious ("C:\users\bob\documents\temp\data\share") then there's no reason the tech should be expected to know or figure it out.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Che Delilas posted:

I have a limited tolerance for phone trees, and when one annoys me sufficiently, I turn into "WHAT IS PHONE I DON'T EVEN" customer. I just start saying Agent or Operator or Representative, and if that doesn't do anything I start pressing multiple buttons on the keypad at once. It usually gets me to a real person.

From there the rest of the fun begins, of course, but it tends to save time, especially when the live person invariably repeats all the poo poo the automated phone system just guided you through.

A lot of IVRs are coded to recognize swear words, and will generally direct you to a rep as soon as you start swearing at the thing. Doesn't work for all of them, but I've had good luck just yelling "gently caress you you piece of poo poo get me a loving rep right loving now gently caress" or something similar into the phone, and even if it doesn't work with that particular IVR, you still feel a lot better.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

jre posted:

A ticket trojan came in, and trend micro WFBS couldn't detect a loving virus if it were named C:\virus.exe and wrote "THIS IS A VIRUS" in WFBS' logs.

loving fixed. I am so tired of Trend's bullshit. We're testing Eset's stuff, and if it's even marginally simple to manage and push out we're switching all our clients. Trend isn't as bad as McAfee, I'll grant you that, but in the 4 years I've been dealing with it, all it's done is tell me when I have a virus. Not fix it you understand, it's like the engineer in Galaxy Quest just going "heeeyyyy, guysssss, they tell me that you've got a virus, so....good luck with that".

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

ZeitGeits posted:

First rule of healthcare IT:

go3 posted:

Dont work for healthcare companies tia

There we go.

QuiteEasilyDone posted:

that something called a Raid Array was broken. Gosh computers are hard.

Do you buy this with cash you got using your personal PIN number at an automated ATM machine?

</pedant>

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

evol262 posted:

There's room. Exchange sucks, admittedly.

Why do people keep saying this? Sure, 2000 and 2003 were probably pretty lovely, but Exchange nowadays is pretty goddamn easy to set up (properly, even), very forgiving in terms of database management, recovering from problems (like "the log drive filled up because Backup Exec blows" or "some dumbass disconnected the DB drives"), and really is pretty simple to administer, although the 2007 Powershell debacle was retarded.

I'm not saying by any means it's the best email server there ever was, but I've had no issues with it and we have a bunch of clients running all different versions with no problems. It's probably one of the things I spend the least amount of time troubleshooting/fixing. Also, there are a LOT of things that Exchange/AD just get right that take a lot of effort to set up with the free stuff. Case in point, one of our biggest clients, a cloud startup that is fervently anti-Microsoft, recently set up a website just to be an employee directory because the Google Apps built-in directory wasn't good enough for them, primarily because no one entered in their info (and as far as I know admins can't do it since it's a per user thing). That's a problem we wouldn't even have in an Exchange environment where it automagically pulls everything from AD and that info gets entered during user creation.

evol262 posted:

Linux and windows are equally viable for servers. Business apps are often on windows. Everything else on *nix. People are too all or nothing

This I completely agree with. Web servers especially, but anything else where the software is primarily open-source or built on Linux. Even if there's a Windows port of it, why? Use the software on the system it was designed and built with. Nagios, Openfire, Cacti, MediaWiki, just to name a few, are all very nice pieces of free software and if they fit your needs, there's no reason to insist on trying to find a Windows version. You put it on Gentoo though (a previous coworker loved him some loving Gentoo) and we're going to have words.

Edit: hopefully we can turn this into another useless distro flamewar

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Caged posted:

You're not my buddy, guy

You're not my guy, pal!

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Sprechensiesexy posted:

Or you can have the number for your emergency services not be 911 :smug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab8GtuPdrUQ

Absolutely!

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

afflictionwisp posted:

I'm genuinely surprised. Its the room where women who are nursing can go to have some privacy. You don't always see it labeled with ambiguous names, but its pretty clear in the context of being there.

I finally got this after reading your first post a couple times, but yeah, it wasn't necessarily clear at first glance.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

I think you need to post the rest of these stories ASAP, this sounds amazing/horrifying.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Inspector_666 posted:

I was so close to asking how he managed to spend upwards of $15k on a laptop.

"Oh yeah, well that was pretty great, the sales guy gave me a great deal! He told me the laptop was actually $20k but I got friendly with him and he totally knocked off 25% for me - he also seemed really happy about it, so I think we both had a good day. Hey, you want I should ask him if he can do the same for you? He's a really nice guy and I'm sure he'd help you out!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

spankmeister posted:

Should have told them this.

Actually, since they work in a hospital, you could have even been like "hey you know how you watch House and you laugh your rear end off at how ridiculous its portrayal of hospitals and medical procedures is? OK now apply that exact model to CSI and IT technicians".

• Locked thread