Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gasperkun
Oct 11, 2012
I was gonna ask the same thing, but I guess it's supposed to be in a different time period or something and maybe you can be more heroic. But who knows. I was pretty much sold off when I saw he was going to have such a big role in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Inverse World update! This one talks about Grim World, and also Death Moves.

tasty food
Apr 29, 2010
I got my copy of Numenera today! It smells nice. :3:

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Gasperkun posted:

I was gonna ask the same thing, but I guess it's supposed to be in a different time period or something and maybe you can be more heroic. But who knows. I was pretty much sold off when I saw he was going to have such a big role in it.

It seems to be less of a "quirky librarian plays investigator and ends up insane in a gutter" and more of a "Indiana Jones meets Cthulhu" type thing. And yes, it takes place about 10-ish years before CoC's timeframe. Maybe they went with a standalone system because the rules are based on, but different than, the underlying rules for CoC?

I like the art - the B&W images remind me of Mike Mignola's work, which I really love.

$20 ain't bad for a rulebook and player's guide. The way you guys are talking though - is the designer a douche or something?

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Pretty much, yeah. He likes his kind of games (crunch-based games where GM has full control), and anyone who likes other types of games (like FATE) are literally trying to destroy the industry in his eyes. Check grognards.txt for more pearls of wisdom.

That said, for all I know, he could be a good designer when it comes to his particular brand of game. I just hate to give the rear end in a top hat money. Which is a shame, because I like the concept of "Indiana Jones vs. Cthulhu."

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Do you play Warmahordes? Are you hot and bothered about the new Cyriss hotness? Do you want terrain for your games? If those three intersect for you, you're in luck because there's a terrain kickstarter for you!

It also doesn't hurt that it's done by a player who does fun battle reports on youtube in her spare time, so you've got something to watch while waiting.

Thedandmom
Jul 5, 2013
As of a few minutes ago, the art from Deck of Legends will be going creative commons. There are 9 days left so we'll see if we can't get to those 13th age adventures.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

With just a little over a week left, I just want to be dead sure: assuming you hit the $10k mark, what do I have to do to get the poker deck?

Thedandmom
Jul 5, 2013

Bad Munki posted:

With just a little over a week left, I just want to be dead sure: assuming you hit the $10k mark, what do I have to do to get the poker deck?

Depending on what you back at, in the survey you will be asked which deck(s) you want and you can choose there. Or you can add them on for 15$ if you only backed for 1 deck, and 10$ for two or more.

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

tasty food posted:

I got my copy of Numenera today! It smells nice. :3:

What's the verdict? I was tempted to get on board with this one.

Thanks to someone mentioning it in this thread, I pledged for the Incursion kickstarter. I like the base game but have been really bothered by the price of the miniatures (the figures for the US side in the base game allow would set you back £64). Of course, you can play with the cardboard standups but it's a very visual game.

Anyway, the campaign offers the expansion game, plastic versions of the figures for a decent price and lots of add-ons. Actually, there's so many add-ons and stretch goals that its a task to work out what you're getting and/or how to get it: plastic figures, metal figures, "exclusive figure pack 1" (there is no number 2) ...

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
I was seriously looking at Incursion because the aesthetic really appeals to me, but boy, oh boy, it is a pricey KS, especially if you don't already own the original Incursion box.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

That's a disappointment. I was hoping with stretch goals it would become a better deal, but I still don't feel like it's worth what they're asking.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Did anyone perchance play Belle of the Ball at GenCon (or anywhere else)? Even after the names stop being funny to me, I could still see pulling this one out for interested-but-inexperienced groups over and over. But only if it doesn't suck.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
I mean, you're getting like 70 models for $160 (assuming you're coming into this cold, and buy both sets), so you're only paying like $2.50 per mini even if you totally chuck the game, so it isn't a terrible deal by any stretch of the imagination. It just seems like the base game should be closer to $70, and the expansion like $50 - for a two-player game, $160 is a little too pricey.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Yeah, it's not terrible but I feel like these things shouldn't be more expensive than what I'd pay at my (discounted) LGS or on Amazon. I know it's not a store blah blah... But it's ultimately going to be competing with a store and this isn't all that competitive. To me, at least.

Germ
May 7, 2013

A heads up about the Worldsmith Industries exploded vehicle markers:

Just a squidge under 3-days left, and we just cleared the Space Orc stretch goal. That means there are currently exploded vehicle markers for the marines, guard, elves, evil elves, and orcs unlocked. Next up are the Alien bugs (at $2750) and the Mecha Tau and Chaotic Monster Walker (at $3,000). If we can make it even further ($3,500, a dream!), I'll be able to make the last race, the Necro... err... Cyborgs of Anubis.

Thanks for everyone's support so far, and if you want to pledge, pledge now!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/48375726/worldsmith-industries-wrecked-vehicles-for-sci-fi

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Thedandmom posted:

Depending on what you back at, in the survey you will be asked which deck(s) you want and you can choose there. Or you can add them on for 15$ if you only backed for 1 deck, and 10$ for two or more.

Okay, so as long as I backed at a high enough level to get at least one deck, I can get the poker deck (as my only deck, in that case.)

Fingers crossed. I'll be happy with any of them, but I know I'll actually get to use the poker deck. :)

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

homullus posted:

Did anyone perchance play Belle of the Ball at GenCon (or anywhere else)? Even after the names stop being funny to me, I could still see pulling this one out for interested-but-inexperienced groups over and over. But only if it doesn't suck.
This looks like something I'd enjoy - I like the Disney-esque art (similar to Guillotine), but those names are terrible and not funny at all: "Gigglelack Lololol?" "Pantspantspants Patchpaw?"

Germ posted:

A heads up about the Worldsmith Industries exploded vehicle markers:

Thanks for everyone's support so far, and if you want to pledge, pledge now!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/48375726/worldsmith-industries-wrecked-vehicles-for-sci-fi
You know what? I'm in. I realized that the Space Orc stuff would make some pretty neat piles of junk on a Gorkamorka table.

EDIT: I see that your base level of $24 would leave me either a few dollars under or a few dollars over depending on what I chose. Do I lose the extra money, or can I add the couple of bucks to bump myself up to the full total? In other words, I choose 1xA, 1xB, and 1xC = $27. I'm $3 over the $24 pledge and $9 under the $36 pledge level.

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Aug 28, 2013

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

berzerkmonkey posted:

This looks like something I'd enjoy - I like the Disney-esque art (similar to Guillotine), but those names are terrible and not funny at all: "Gigglelack Lololol?" "Pantspantspants Patchpaw?"

That's Lady Pantspantspants Patchpaw to you, sir.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

homullus posted:

That's Lady Pantspantspants Patchpaw to you, sir.
That, you base cur, is the only part of the name I do not have an issue with!

Germ
May 7, 2013

berzerkmonkey posted:

You know what? I'm in. I realized that the Space Orc stuff would make some pretty neat piles of junk on a Gorkamorka table.

EDIT: I see that your base level of $24 would leave me either a few dollars under or a few dollars over depending on what I chose. Do I lose the extra money, or can I add the couple of bucks to bump myself up to the full total? In other words, I choose 1xA, 1xB, and 1xC = $27. I'm $3 over the $24 pledge and $9 under the $36 pledge level.

Yea! They'd be perfect for Gorkamorka.

Tell you what - pledge for what you need in regards to dollar amount, and we'll suss it out afterwards. The wierd thing with teh pledge levels is mostly because I can't fit 3 C wrecks in the small shipping box. Just pledge the $27, select the $24 pledge level, and remind me on the post-Kickstarter survey.

Also, thanks!

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Cool - thanks for the concession. I'm not trying to weasel my way into a deal, but I really only need one of each piece since they're going to be scenery and not wreck markers.

By the way, I don't know if you've been to The Waaagh but you might be able to make some last minute sales with the Ork guys over there.

EDIT: Also, when the KS is over and you can relax, I'd like to talk to you about your casting technique. I'll bring it up in the post-KS mail.

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Aug 29, 2013

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Weird Wars: Rome has just 22 hours left and has slaughtered it's stretch goals like a gladiator. If you like Weird Wars and want a more ancient view of the WW2 dominated concept, back this poo poo.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/545820095/weird-wars-rome-savage-worlds

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008
So I checked the Misery Index kickstarter and :smith:

quote:

Thanks Austin!
Don't worry. This project is happening. Rudy and I are working on a contingency plan right now in case we do not reach our funding goal.
The response to this project has been far too strong for us to abandon it, regardless of what happens in the next four days.

I was really, really hoping this project would just fizzle out after the lack of funding, but it looks like it's inevitable instead. :(

They seem really intent on trolling the hobby, regardless of who actually might want to buy it.

Germ
May 7, 2013

berzerkmonkey posted:

Cool - thanks for the concession. I'm not trying to weasel my way into a deal, but I really only need one of each piece since they're going to be scenery and not wreck markers.

By the way, I don't know if you've been to The Waaagh but you might be able to make some last minute sales with the Ork guys over there.

EDIT: Also, when the KS is over and you can relax, I'd like to talk to you about your casting technique. I'll bring it up in the post-KS mail.

Not a concession at all; I wish Kickstarter's reward levels weren't so restrictive!

I'd love to post on the Waaagh, but I've got a thing about not creating accounts on forums just to ask for stuff. I want to respect the various internet communities. However, *ahem* if an established member of that community were to make a post pointing folks in the right direction, I'd be appreciative.

I'd be happy to talk casting; heck, even to do a video or two. I've tossed around an idea about doing a local casting workshop here in Bellingham, WA (which does you no good unless you live in the Pacific NW). I think casting should be part of any serious hobbyist's toolkit. There are ways to do it inexpensively, and the things you can do with it are pretty great.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Germ posted:

I'd love to post on the Waaagh, but I've got a thing about not creating accounts on forums just to ask for stuff. I want to respect the various internet communities. However, *ahem* if an established member of that community were to make a post pointing folks in the right direction, I'd be appreciative.
I'll see what I can do - I'm more of a lurker there, but I think it's an idea worth bringing up.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Weird Wars: Rome has just 22 hours left and has slaughtered it's stretch goals like a gladiator. If you like Weird Wars and want a more ancient view of the WW2 dominated concept, back this poo poo.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/545820095/weird-wars-rome-savage-worlds

And it includes a stretch goal by one of the great minds of today!

...Okay, maybe not a great mind.

Mind might be stretching it too.

But I certainly exist today! Probably!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Fate backers, check your email for a heap of download links!

Thedandmom
Jul 5, 2013

homullus posted:

I have yet to play it, though I would like to. Daniel Solis makes great games and is a cool guy. I thoroughly enjoy his DO: Pilgrims of the Flying Temple.

Avenger_Mullah
Dec 28, 2008

Germ posted:

I'd be happy to talk casting; heck, even to do a video or two. I think casting should be part of any serious hobbyist's toolkit. There are ways to do it inexpensively, and the things you can do with it are pretty great.

I'd really love to see a video or a thorough description of this as well, your casts looks really clean and nice. Maybe you could post it in the painting/sculpting/modelling thread when you have the time? Cheers :-)

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

berzerkmonkey posted:

I was seriously looking at Incursion because the aesthetic really appeals to me, but boy, oh boy, it is a pricey KS, especially if you don't already own the original Incursion box.

Wouldn't disagree. I already own the original game, so I'm in for the expansion and miniatures. But I'm exactly who they're catering for: the pre-existing fan. They're not doing anything to reach new people.

(The kickstarter does address one of the problems of the original game - the single static board - but the additional boards are too expensive on top on the other things.)

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
gently caress, I'd love to back your kickstarter, Germ, but drat if $50 shipping just prices me right out of getting it. Your space bug stuff looks like it could make for AWESOME mycetic spores too.

It's not your fault, and I don't expect you to do anything about it. But gently caress.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Cassa posted:

gently caress, I'd love to back your kickstarter, Germ, but drat if $50 shipping just prices me right out of getting it. Your space bug stuff looks like it could make for AWESOME mycetic spores too.

It's not your fault, and I don't expect you to do anything about it. But gently caress.
Blame the US Post Office. They effectively doubled the cost of international shipping recently and screwed everyone who ships stuff overseas. It was a real kick in the nuts.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

berzerkmonkey posted:

Blame the US Post Office. They effectively doubled the cost of international shipping recently and screwed everyone who ships stuff overseas. It was a real kick in the nuts.

Oh yeah of course. It's not Germ's fault, in any way, and I hope I didn't come across that way. It's just the way things are now and it SUUUUUUUUCKS.

seal it with a kiss
Sep 14, 2007

:3
I know a lot of people on this board have moved beyond Catan, but I thought this was pretty cool.

Ancient Civilizations: Cities and Settlements

Custom pieces for Catan, with a different civilization for each player (The Hindus will be player 6). The project is $800 away from the final stretch goal of having unique player models for each player's city (So one Egyptian city will be a Pyramid, another will be the Lighthouse at Alexandria, etc...)

The project creator has also expressed interest in doing Cities and Knights/Seafarers at a later date for those who play with the expansions.

seal it with a kiss fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Aug 29, 2013

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

seal it with a kiss posted:

I know a lot of people on this board have moved beyond Catan, but I thought this was pretty cool.

Ancient Civilizations: Cities and Settlements

Wow, this is insanely cool. It really is too bad that I'm "over" Catan, but goddamn, those are some nice pieces.

jmzero
Jul 24, 2007

quote:

Wow, this is insanely cool. It really is too bad that I'm "over" Catan, but goddamn, those are some nice pieces.

I'm in a similar boat - I love the pieces, but I don't care about Catan. I think I'm going to e-mail him, see if he'll add a tier with just the cool city buildings (skip the roads and the less interesting towns). I'm not usually a guy who just wants a bunch of minis, but these are right up my alley. I also like his manufacturing plan:

quote:

This goal is the minimum required to carry out an Indiegogo campaign and marks the limit I need to acquire the products and equipment needed to produce the pieces(silicones, resins, dyes, vibrating table, extractor ...)

Yes this is ambitious sounding, but it sounds like he's worked with the stuff before (and he's unemployed apparently, so has some time). I'd be much more nervous about quality/fulfilment if he just had some vague plan to have someone else make these. As it stands, it has a good "assault butt" feel.

BothSides
Jul 14, 2010
My uncle's newest game is having another go on kickstarter; Give it to the King.

It's an easy to learn, simple to play, press your luck sort of game. It's a nice light filler game, or fun for a family game night. I am fairly disappointed they didn't include the resin figures as part of the base game any more - they are really cool! However, they are the first stretch goal, so they're still a possibility.

You can pick up the game for 28$ (shipping included (CAN/USA) now!)

Germ
May 7, 2013

Cassa posted:

It's just the way things are now and it SUUUUUUUUCKS.

I'm convinced that it's a plot by the US government to get "the stuff". As in ALL the stuff. In the world. The only way to acquire EVERYTHING in the world is to not just buy a bunch of stuff (mostly from China), but also to make sure we don't get rid of the stuff we already have. Exorbitantly expensive international shipping is the first step in making sure that we become an even greater nation of hoarders than we already are. :( Either that, or the USPS is just going bankrupt. I like the conspiracy theory better, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Well, the conspiracy theory is far better than the sad truth that congress is forcing the USPS into bankruptcy...

By the way, I tried to post a link for your KS on The Waaagh, but I keep getting database errors when I try to post. Sorry man!

• Locked thread