Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

jivjov posted:

My question becomes "Why is this the only coin you've run out of?", followed shortly by "Why didn't you just pack my orders at the same time to avoid all this?"

"Why did you have to give us so much money you rear end in a top hat?"

They really need to make sure people who set up kickstarters know about things like shipping fees and IP law.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I love how the description is phrased entirely in reference to D&D. A lot of it doesn't make much sense unless you have an in-depth knowledge of the flaws D&D has and the metagame importance thereof. Granted, just about anybody backing a Sean K Reynolds kickstarter is likely to be a Pathfinder fan to begin with, but it's interesting to he doesn't even try and spin it as something independent. It's just another object in D&D's orbit.

He's just using the Pathfinder business model with some black light posters.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

General Ironicus posted:

Add a new $16k goal. I'll annotate the whole book as Chet.

Breakfast Cult needs more of it's premier footballsman.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It's a non-denominational Kickstarter miracle!

EDIT: You have to give us Mesoamerican stuff too. I demand this as an entitled consumer.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ravenkult posted:

I think it's just the core, not sure. The Splatbooks are extra, for example.

It'll include all the stretch goal supplements if you back up to the pdf level. Unless this is different from every other kickstarter Onyx Path has done, only the old supplements will be extra.

RocknRollaAyatollah fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Dec 4, 2014

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Indolent Bastard posted:

As an Archivist I can say it likely means nothing, but it typically means low acid content so it won't degrade as quickly over time.

Yeah, it's pretty much modern paper.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Jin-Roh is part of the Kerberos saga which is a couple live action movies, animated films, and manga that take place in a world where Germany won WWII, Stalingrad was won and Operation Valkyrie succeeded. It's understandably a pretty crappy world and the Kerberos units are anti-terrorism units that put down their world's version of the 60's anti-American protests and usually communist terrorist groups who are instead opposed to the Germans. The Kerberos units are eventually betrayed by the system, they go too far even for a fascist state, and there's a good deal of references to them being dogs.

They're called the "Watchdogs of Hell" for a reason and it's not because half the fights happen in the sewers.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Siivola posted:

You should sincerely watch the live-action movies because they are weird Japanese as poo poo.

Fixed that for you.

Japanese otaku are the worst because now companies just churn out War Crimes Idol type poo poo on par with that Barbarossa card game.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Anyone back the Earthdawn kickstarter because the player's guide just dropped on Drivethru RPG? How is it?

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/149303/Earthdawn-Fourth-Edition-Players-Guide

They were only 9 months late, which isn't bad in kickstarter time, and the backer copy is actually much cheaper than the finished product.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

alg posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1409961192/dcc-rpg-4th-printing?ref=hero_thanks

New Kickstarter for the 4th printing of DCC. The new cover is excellent. Most of the new stuff is in the stretch goals.

I've been meaning to pick this up for a long time and this was just what I was looking for.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Essentially it's a one-shot minis game pretending to be an RPG. They're bragging about how a good chunk of the book is secret antagonist history for the GMs-eyes-only and in my experience that means the game is extremely boring once you know the backstory. Pass. If you want a game about strange alien beings doing random things try Trail of Cthulu or Delta Green.

Ken Hite has released a setting for Gumshoe called Moon Dust Men as part of his Ken Writes About Stuff series. It's pretty much XCOM in the 70's, especially when you throw in Galileo Uplift and Majestic Overwatch.

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/119405/Moon-Dust-Men?term=moon+dust
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/164558/Galileo-Uplift?src=newest
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/158890/MAJESTIC-Overwatch?src=newest

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Can someone give a rundown on the Scarred Lands? The premise seems interesting but what was it good at? It just doesn't seem that different from other settings other than being somewhat post apocalyptic.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I think it's strong point was that it was the first mass market FRPG to explore the fantasy design space. There were others that did it better and earlier but it was published by White Wolf back when they were still outselling DnD most months so it had better exposure. A lot of it just feels like a home-brew setting with all the inherent charm and drawbacks. There was a city of necromancers whose main focus was exploring the mysteries of death. They were also one of the safest and most comfortable cities left, you just had to sign an agreement that after death your body would be donated to the city so that zombified remains could be put to use defending or maintaining those luxuries.

That's what it seemed like.

That's actually pretty cool. The setting though just seems like a bunch of stuff cobbled together from what I found. It's like White Wolf Greyhawk.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Leperflesh posted:

Gareth Michael Skarka is teaching game design? Christ.

Those who can't, teach.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Power Player posted:

I did a search but I couldn't find anything about this. There's an expansion for Fragged Empire right now.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wadedyer/fragged-empire-rpg-protagonist-archive-and-miniatu

Has anyone played this? It seems to have rules for grid-based combat, which I'm down with.

This looks pretty neat and the tier for everything in PDF is not bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I've been waiting on the Red Markets kickstarter for a long time and from everything I've heard and seen it's a pretty good project to back.

• Locked thread