Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Brian Griese is the worst loving commentator in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

LMAO Bill Simmons just diagnosed chemistry problems on the Seahawks becaause of Russell Wilson's performance in the Entourage movie.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol at steven a smith cutting a promo on someone

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MourningView posted:

Pam Ward was and presumably still is really bad, but she did improve a shitload around the time they pulled her from Noon Big Ten duty. Beth Mowins is really boring but otherwise is fine.

Beth Mowins is ok only for the time she accidentally refereed to Trevor Siemian as "Trevor Semen"

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

ayn rand hand job posted:

Yeah. Technically there are 3 national college football championships, none of which are NCAA championships. (AP, Coaches, BCS/CFP)

Four counting the Piggly Wiggly Championship

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

OH poo poo THE NEXT 30 FOR 30 IS THE GODDAMN 85 BEARS

I don't think it is humanly possible to find anything new about them since the local Chicago channels air an 85 Bears documentary like every 6 months but give me that sweet HD Payton footage please.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I hope at least 20 minutes are devoted to Steve Fuller's verse in the Shuffle, particularly the phrase "I'm not here to feathers ruffle"

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

joshtothemaxx posted:

My university is having Stephen A. Smith come be the keynote speaker for Black History Month. gently caress everything about this: http://www.mtsu.edu/stuaff/connect/bhm.php

you should relentlessly heckle him about cheese doodles

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Robnoxious posted:

That some news person was the late great Peter Jennings on ABC and the exchange was one of the most surreal and hilarious live trolls ever captured.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP8TwjRMdS0

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

stephen a talking to himself on split screen and getting more and more irate

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

BasicFunk posted:

I agree. Gruden seems to find at least a little joy in even the worst games, and he gives less informed fans enough info to make games enjoyable, much like Madden did.

Gruden is the irritating but relatively lighthearted Marvel to the grimdark DC Aikman universe, I'll take my answer off the air.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Timby posted:

Trent Dilfer is walking from ESPN over a salary dispute.

LISTEN WHEN YOU TAKE A JOB AT THE ANALYST POSITION FOR THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE FOR THE ENTERTAINMENT AND SPORTS NETWORK YOU NEED TO BE FAIRLY COMPENSATED FOR EXPLAINING ABOUT HOW WINNING TRANSLATES DIRECTLY TO WINS ESPECIALLY AT THE QUARTERBACK POSITION
(curtain pulls back to reveal a chorus line)
IN THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Crazy Ted posted:

You guys didn't discuss the proposed title of the Whitlock-Cowherd show: ALL TAKES MATTER

I'm not kidding. That's the proposed title.

you've been deadspinned

quote:

Despite this, they will be the new hosts of a Fox Sports show tentatively titled Speak For Yourself. (There’s still time for Fox to take up our suggestion to just cut to the chase and call it All Takes Matter; they can have that one for free.)

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

great googly moogly

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

mama there goes that man
https://twitter.com/PardonMyTake/status/742424998271418369

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/stephenasmith/status/603384079044759552

i have no idea why this is so funny to me

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Stephen A. threatening Kevin Durant is one of the funniest things that's ever been on TV and him talking about how he would have won the OJ trial is delightfully surreal farce.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

who says no

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i don't give a poo poo about tennis, but bill simmons has pronounced wimbledon as "wimbleton" forever and i should be allowed to reach through a computer and strangle him.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the championships, wimbledon

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the championships, wimbledon is going to be the hottest sas meme of the summer

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Spoeank posted:

The Chef 2s tho

Also sam bradford lmao's steak/brick of carbon

you got a link to this or do i have to wade through hundreds of pages of posts about fast food and people's mortgages

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

'bliged

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Rick posted:

Honestly the best thing that ever would happen from a ratings perspective would be for an on air murder to happen. I'm guessing it's more a "what countries can we safely take a commercial during" thing.

you're literally advocating for The Running Man

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

NO ONE REMAKE PRIME ARNOLD MOVIES YOU loving PHILISTINES

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kibner posted:

Running Man could seriously do with a remake. Not sure about any of the others, though.

WHAT THE gently caress, RUNNING MAN IS PERFECT, ARE YOU HIGH ON GOOFBALLS

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the whole point of arnold movies is that arnold is uniquely charming/wooden/cartoonishly huge/unable to speak english even though no one ever acknowledges his obvious foreign provenance and all his good movies were made in an irreplicable movie era bereft of irony or sophistication

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jul 13, 2016

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Sash! posted:

Original Running Man was a game show, because they didn't have reality shows. We can do it better now because of that.

Especially if you make it closer to what it was in the novel. Instead of having to do the video check in via mail, he'd be tweeting or something, and then there'd be people all nuts on social media that THEY SAW THE RUNNER!!!!!!

Plus there'd be an awesome scene where a bunch of turds are trying to take selfies with him and they all get cut down by a Hunter.

:frogout:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the one moment of hubris i allow myself is that i wake up every day fully convinced that even with no television production experience whatsoever save from operating a camera on a cable-access teen "issues" show when I was 14 that was even worse than you are imagining, i could produce a vastly superior half-hour sports talk show than any given wednesday.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the legend of Nate Vasher

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

FuzzySkinner posted:

I'd love to do a "Worst announcer" bracket of some sort.

Nantz/Simms would be up there.
Hawk Harrelson Region: Unbearable local homer
Reggie Miller Region: Analyst so bad he ruins a GOAT play-by-play guy
Joe Buck Region: Every single football announcing team not Michaels/Collinsworth
gently caress You Baseball Playoffs Region: It is apparently impossible for there to be a single national baseball broadcast that isn't awful (except A-Rod)

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Homerism is fine, homerism when you spend the entire game bitching about refs and other players is unbearable, homerism where you scream about how yer playin' this game UNDER PROTEST DADGUM IT is kind of amusing, homerism when you are physically incapable of calling an opposing walk-off home run is kind of amazing, but it goes with all the other stuff.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Ungratek posted:

MASN has both the nats and the O's and their broadcast teams are completely different. It fascinates me for some reason

Baseball broadcasters are employees of the team.

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Aug 22, 2016

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Ungratek posted:

Thanks. You've now outed me as a huge idiot

I don't know, I think it's kind of weird that the announcers work for the team and not the network.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

ElwoodCuse posted:

We joke about this but for real what announcers literally get drunk on the air

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Niwrad posted:

He's a really strange guy. There's been some good pieces on him and you come away thinking he's either OCD or somewhere on the spectrum. My guess is that while he's a great color guy, his weird personality has held him back from doing bigger things.

There was also that strange 2004 season where the Cubs underperformed and a bunch of crybabies on the team had a tantrum that he wasn't praising them enough.

notable superstar Kent Mercker

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Crazy Ted posted:

Do you mean to tell me that two poo poo football teams playing a West Coast kickoff time wasn't much of a TV draw???

People didn't tune in for three hours of Chris Berman screaming at you through hoagie-filled cheeks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm trying to be a more decent, empathetic person but lol at joe buck and his deadly hair plugs