Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

Let's drink until we can't feel anymore!
Wow, the nerdrage over DDO being down over the weekend was SO intense it seems to have taken down the website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

The main problem I have with LFMs on argo is that they generally advertise quests on normal (as opposed to elite) and/or they are usually put up by people who are one level underleveled for the the quest. It is more of a pet peeve from the days when we still had to manage our XP gains but it annoys the gently caress out of me nonetheless.

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

Fenris13 posted:

Soooo yeah.. Cacoon at level 1, pretty loving hilarious. It is to bad that Cordovan finally acknowledged this bug yesterday, after over a year of its existence. Feather said they fixed the cannith bug too, but he was referring to master crafting not working so I am wondering if he didn't even know about the ml1 thing, and if there is any chance that will survive the imminent patch.

So how does it work? (feel free to PM it to me) Did it have to do with having that twist swapping ability in fatesinger active?

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

Brownview posted:

I have leveled my guy to 10 and am still swinging a +1 screaming/bleeding greatsword and get the impression I should have transitioned to spell-slinging awhile ago. I keep hearing that the pale master tree is the way to go but the spell-like abilities of archmage seem appealing. Could anyone share what they would be doing with their wizard at this level, combat, enhancements and equipment-wise?

Grab a couple of undead forms under the pale master tree. Grab Evocation or Conjuration from the Archmage tree (You can respec later, conjuration may be better at lower levels since it gives you web). For equipment you'll want a nullification item, a glaciation item, a combustion item, and a conjuration/evocation focus. Pretty much every quest will be you going into undead form, casting death aura, rounding up a bunch of mobs and jumping around in a firewall while they die. That's the great thing about the new enhancements system. You no longer choose between pale master and archmage, you take both!

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

Noricae posted:

So.... if I'm still an Archmage, I'm missing out? Self healing is no issue, so I skipped opening the full line of Pale Master forms, especially since I'm not pure wiz.

If you didn't take anything in the pale master tree you're missing out on 2 int (1 dc), free DR/slashing, extra hit points, and whatever else is there that you might find interesting.

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

Yeah, that blows. You've gotta be careful about feat selection nowadays if you value your twists.

edit: \/\/ Nope. Resetting any feat can completely reset your EDs. Mine reset from PBS which isn't a pre-req for any ED stuff.

Game_Whino fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Oct 16, 2013

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

Gammon posted:

So did she actually lose something from her EDs, or just have to go back through and reallocate the points again?

I guess that would be lovely if you had allocated points in to something that had a feat req you no longer met and couldn't spec for it anymore. Or have I got it completely wrong?

You can't re-allocate points in EDs until level 20.

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

Woden posted:

Edit: Wow, 17 comms for an EH Web of Chaos / Sschindylryn / Demon Web saga. Hopefully placeholder.

If they don't fix things drastically so I'm not required to do a poo poo load more work to TR I think I'm gonna have to jump ship for neverwinter or one of the other D&D type mmos.

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

Noricae posted:

Yeah, they provide the illusion of rolling but no benefit of customization of stats at all. Best of both worlds. :confused: You can also put points only in the three stats they think are ok for your class. But yeah, there are many other issues, but it starts one minute into character generation basically :)

The big reason to play Neverwinter is the user content. There are some real gems in the foundry (but isn't as much content being added as would be nice). The only capped dude I have in there is a Great weapon fighter. I tried cleric but gave up on it because pretty much any class is more fun to play than a cleric.

Eh, I suppose if all else fails I could just go back to reading books and only playing MMOs to mess with people.

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

Richard M Nixon posted:

Thanks. That explains the frustration.

I'm looking for a simple build for a caster Druid. I've never played one before but my friend is wanting to give it a shot and I don't know what to say. They like the idea of shapeshifting but prefer to just focus on spellcasting. Multiclassing might be a bit confusing but I'll take a small split build if it's needed. I trust that Druids can handle being mainly casters just fine, yeah?

This won't be a hardcore raiding life, just an intro to the game and a "play what looks fun" kind of build. 28 points.

Max wisdom and con, grab the usual meta-magics, do evocation/conjuration foci.

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

Gammon posted:

- Unless you have a really good reason, be Lawful Good, not Lawful Neutral.

Here's a really good reason that applies to everyone. By going good you open yourself up to taking a crapton more damage and a negative level from some really great weapons/items. You're usually better off going neutral and just UMDing stuff.

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

Wow, I think Yakse and I failed that "Thrill of the hunt" quest so badly that we took down the ddo game servers and the ddo forum servers. Are they up for anyone else?

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

rodbeard posted:

I wanted to try this game out because I've been on a 3rd edition DnD trip lately for some reason. How do I join the guild? I tend to not actually group up with anyone ever but it's nice being able to ask dumb questions and the OP mentioned free buffs.

You just need to join type "/joinchannel goons neckbeards" into the chat and set incoming and outgoing chat to userchat1. You can set what chat you're posting to by right-clicking on the name of the chat window and selecting "userchat1" in the incoming and outgoing thing. Then just ask for an invite.

Feel free to mooch xp off me next time I'm doing a TR and level into range of you.

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

Captain Pissweak posted:

Hey, I'm just getting back into the game and I have a couple questions:

1. I tried to get into the userchat, but when I typed in the info it said I'm the only one in the userchat, are you guys just not active or is something up?
2. I want to make a warforged paladin, but I'm also lazy and just want to use one of the prebuilt paths. This doesn't let me worship Lord of the Blades though, so will the free feat reset mess up the whole following the path thing? Also should I really give that much of a poo poo that I can't cast spells because of low wisdom? Paladin never really seemed to matter that much on this end to me.

1. There probably just isn't anyone on right now. I'm staying away till I get some keyboard problems resolved (because my kids are assholes)

2. LoB should be on option on the multi-selector enhancement thing. If not, you might try rerolling as a bladeforged paladin. They're pretty badass and they get reconstruct as an SLA. As for wisdom, you should be fine as long as you have 6 and have ship buffs. You need 14 to cast zeal and the other level 4 paladin spells and 6(base)+6(item)+2(wis shrine)=14

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

DemonMage posted:

It's not super active, but there's still people playing most every day. And yes the channel is the same, if you can't find someone on you can post a character name here for a guild invite to be mailed to you.

I'm sad we finally lost Haggis it looks like, I don't know if it's just being too busy with school or if he finally got tired of the game, he was always around and he's a cool guy =-(

I'll be back at some point soonish. My log in portal got borked and rather than downloading a new one I've just been playing Neverwinter since it actually works. So, as soon as my internet stays up long enough to actually re-download the game I'll be back.

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

I still use my epic antique greataxes at cap. (I imagine the esos would probably be even better)

The big problem, as I see it, with the old epic items are that most of them are complete poo poo that aren't worth grinding. They weren't worth it under the old epic system and they still aren't worth it now. Nothing lost there really.

As for being easy to get, I've got a ton of the new items that I want to get but have never gotten to drop for me despite ransacking stuff.

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

muizvoid posted:

Plus the old epic quest required a lot of strategy and skill (in EE also).

Hmmm ppl just love easy button

I'm not sure that "perch where mobs can't get you but you can hit mobs" counts as leet skills. The old epic quests required almost no skill or strategy to complete. It was all about abusing AI, stuck spots, and other such nonsense. The new epics seem a bit more active and fun than that (since cheese tactics aren't required)

If you want to run the old epic system, go run stuff on EE.

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

I dropped around 1.9 million plat into the guild coffers for the griffen or the next one up from that, depending on if we want to wait for GL 100 to upgrade.

Game_Whino fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jun 15, 2014

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

Minecraft is entirely to addictive. I'll be back to DDO once I'm done hitting blocks and building 8-bit penii.

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

kalstrams posted:

What's essential difference between wizard and sorcerer?

sp vs dc and the ability to swap spells on the fly.

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

Woden posted:

Lamannia: Update 22.2 release notes

Spellsinger and Warchanter changes are in, the rest looks like bug fixes.

There's been some changes since I last looked to Warchanter and Spellsinger, Warchanter looks pretty awesome if you're going cha based. Lots of ways to render things helpless, shame you only get 80 AP between the three bard Prestiges because I could spend a shitload in them now.

Oh:

Those are both very nice.

Awesome. This should drop just in time for me to get sick of minecraft.

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

THE FLAGSHIP GOON

It is only sensible.

Edit: I will also accept "GOONSHIP FAILURE" or some variant thereof.

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

Elswyyr posted:

God dammit. I guess I'll make a new guy and play this again. What's a cool solo dude you can make without being rich as hell? I don't wanna play a PM again unless they've been changed a lot.

Play a PM wizard. Drop enough AP into archmage to get the chain missles SLA. Go hog wild once you've unlocked shiraldi champion.

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

Kablammo posted:

As one of the stupid newbies, feel free to come join us as we run around sucking and dieing. This game is a lot of fun in a group of morons.

This is a statement I can get behind.

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

Does that healing amp doubling also apply to the paladin past lives? (that would make them awesome)

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

Maybe the guild buff is giving 20 and displaying 10? That'd make 50 right?

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

That right there is a dead sexy change. I think I'm gonna level to 28 and grab a last paladin life.

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

Holy crap this game has gotten good again. I haven't had this much fun TRing since before Epic TR came out.

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

I'm on argo. I don't know where everyone else is

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

I can't seem to find a way to decontruct my dragonscale armors and that makes me sad.

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

Anyone interested in forming a goon ER group (and possibly a warlock TR party once they drop)? I'm looking to grind out the melee EPLs and I'm so very lonely.

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

It looks fun-ish. I don't understand why they didn't just make the eldritch damage go up every odd level and pact damage increase every even, but it's only like a single die difference either way.

edit: Also, not seeing much in the way of self healing which could make melee-based warlocks kinda lovely until they hit epic levels.

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

Elswyyr posted:

Welp, I think it's about time for my yearly return to this game, followed by quitting for unknown reasons. How's Artificer nowadays?

Based on what little testing I've gotten done this morning, not nearly as well as warlock. Holy poo poo chain shape is loving amazing. Its almost good enough to make up for the laughable hp warlocks have. I'm sure it probably won't be quite as bad once I have greensteel and stuff though

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

Seconding that meta magics don't work on blasts. They do work on bursts and the other no-sp SLAs though

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

Hey Obnoticus, I'm on lammania on the character testhaggis if you wanna show me your build

Edit: Anyone know where you can grab epic tapestry shreds in the test dojo?

Game_Whino fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jun 1, 2015

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

Gammon posted:

You guys are making we want to fire up DDO again. Between Witcher 3 and WoW I already lose all my free time. This is just going to make it worse...but Warlocks sound awesome, and I really need to finish that paladin life...

There is no better time to finish a paladin life. Especially if you're a bladeforged. Paladins kick rear end now. I'm not sure what the breakdown would be between preview warlock and paladin, but I have a feeling it would be close dps-wise with all the different procs and such you can get (and of course, enervating strike stance develing red-nameds. I really hope that they don't fix that)

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

I'm gonna have soooo many toughnesses on my warlock. I'm tempted to do a full set of primal PLs too and then do my second and third warlock lives while out-HPing everyone but the barbs. I might still grab maximize for the cure mod since I don't have much in the way of healing amp gear at end game.

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

Gammon posted:

Turns out I left my paladin at 14 which is better than I thought. Think I will try go for the ETR->TR combo on him, see what class lives I feel like skipping with my Otto stones I still have. I remember I really wanted to unlock Favoured Souls this life as well.

Hit me up (I'm haggis) and I'll do favor runs with ya on stuff below your level

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

I silently judge anyone who has less HP than me in a pubbie party and sometimes in goon groups. If I know you don't have enough hp to survive a drop in the pit (and you aren't wearing featherfall) I will be greasing the walkway.

I'm kind of a dick though, it's my thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

Welp, that kinda kills their soloing viability imo. I really really enjoyed having a cmw sla.

• Locked thread