Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
So from what I've read here I should probably have reset already: I'd go from 0 to 150 chips, but I really just want to get the remaining 11 condensers so I don't have to ever do that grind again. Would it really be faster to get back up to where I am for the 100 condenser/everything cheebs? And can you get true neverclick on a reset or is that fresh save only?

TIA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Ugh that's what I thought. I'm just such an achievement whore! I'll go ahead and reset when I get home and do true neverclick while I'm at it. I guess I should also hack in some cookies just to round all that poo poo out.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

NightConqueror posted:

I had a dream about cookie clicker last night. What is happening to my life?

This sounds like the next building: pulls cookies from the dreams of the now cookie-obsessed denizens into reality.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

ScienceAndMusic posted:

9 more condensers to go. I have always played legit, no cheating. I'm in it to win it.

But... but there's a feeb for doing it...

We're supposed to right? Even just 10 cookies? It wouldn't be there if he didn't want us to get it aaaaaaaa

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Ramengank posted:

The correct way to cheat is to open the console and enter this:

Wait so I can cheat without cheating? :aaaaa:

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Nth Doctor posted:

I've got 546 new chips waiting for me when I reset. My next Antimatter Condenser is 4 hours away, and much further if I want to maintain my max frenzy+lucky bonus. Currently I have 24 Quadrillion cookies on hand, but am only pulling in 52 Billion/second.

That reset button is looking awfully nice right about now.

Do it!

Last night I reset and went from 0 to 157 HC, and I'm already well on my way to where I was. I think my multiplier is already equal to what it was pre reset and I don't even have kitten overlords yet, let alone all the cookie upgrades. Plodding along at about 52 AC, and should have the next AC upgrade soon which will be doubling my cps so I can furiously click evern more.

I assume getting all the "clicking adds 1% cps" upgrades is a good idea as long as you're not quashing your production in the case of click frenzies?

I also hacked in my hack achievement and got true neverclick, so now I just have 100 of everything, 100 AC, and 777(7) golden cookies to go.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Sindai posted:

I gave up on Candy Box because I picked what seemed to be by far the worst sword upgrade (life, because I thought it meant heal on hit instead of heal on kill) and there's no way to get a different one without restarting the game.

And I just gave up on candy box because apparently it doesn't save for you automatically and I just accidentally hit the back button and hey I am not gonna start over.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Gentleman posted:

There are ways to increase it further:ssh:

Mostly after you beat the game, the one in the castle comes so late in the curve that it's largely immaterial.

I just think that the power spikes in questing are baffling. You have to sit on lollipops FOREVER to get a few sword increases so you can get through the cave/gate, then once you get the cauldron from the stairs you basically just chainchug invuln + teleport + seed for everything else that doesn't have a gimmick, and once you get the two optional keep items and the cow level item it's just a matter of doing all the levels and winning.

It's just incredibly hard to go up a level in the largely non-interactive quests until all of the sudden you can bake yourself invulnerability for the entire stage. Once you beat the dragon the rest of it is just preparing and then you beat the developer levels and hey it's immediately over.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Well, bought a condenser this morning (96~!) and when I get home I'll be back over the frenzy lucky amount. These last few are pretty goddamn awful, but at least I'm making hella HC doing this. It'd be nice to get another frenzied click frenzy so I can close this one out. I think I'll probably just do 99 and 100 at once and immediately reset so I don't have to worry about my bank, and then coast on the next save until dungeons.

I have faith that they'll be cool eventually and in the meantime it's not like it hurts me to leave cookies clicking themselves.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Emron posted:

I'm sorry, but if you use any outside assistance, including but not limited to scripts of any kind, reference sites, timers, etc. then you are actually subhuman.

I grew my own internet wheat and internet cows, harvested my own internet sugar cane and painstakingly gathered enough internet cocoa to make chips, and chased a few internet birds from their nests to rob them of their eggs. I refined them with internet rocks that I found nearby, bloodying my hands and losing hours of sleep. I carefully mixed them in a shallow internet basin that I found in an outcropping, and once I had managed to get the consistency right I added small patches of the cocoa around it. I created an internet fire with friction and used it to heat a relatively flat surface and baked the cookies upon it.

I spit on you scabs with your "clicking" and your disgusting "buildings".

"crazed hobo says cookies from factories cause aspergers in newts!"

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
To date I have only cheated in the cheating achievement, but outside reading is a necessity for any game without a story :colbert:

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Pollyanna posted:

So am I just supposed to grind golden cookies till the last antimatter upgrade now, or is there something else I need to do? Do you get anything for maxing out how many you have of a certain building?

Basically, although if you haven't reset and you have a hundred+ heavenly chips waiting you should do that as soon as you reach 77 golden cookies. You'll get back to where you were fast and makes the last grind much more bearable. I reset and got 157, and I'm almost done with 100 of everything 3 days later and will have 300+ when I reset next.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Pollyanna posted:

Huh, okay...I only have two of those chip things. Do I just wait for a long time to get them or something?

Cookie monster will tell you how many you'll get from resetting, and yeah you just have to click cookies until you have a lot of them. By the time you've got a meaningful number of condensers you should be getting 1-2 per frenzied lucky cookie, so you get them pretty fast if you're actively playing and have enough banked.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Pollyanna posted:

Meaningful number being...? I have 28 of them right now.

edit: Also, mousing over the upgrades now says "warning, purchasing this upgrade will put you under the number of Cookies required for Lucky". What does that mean?

So when you get a lucky golden cookie, it gives you the smaller of 20 minutes of your cps and 10% of your banked cookies. If you stay above that threshold, you'll get maximum cookies for getting that golden cookie. There's a second threshold for when you get a lucky cookie while under the frenzy effect as well.

It's just a helpful way to know if you're stunting your income by overspending while you're actively clicking golden cookies.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Funkz posted:

Yes do it. And click the cookie afterwards.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Worm :unsmigghh:

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Carecat posted:

Had that for awhile but not had overlap of frenzy and click frenzy. Cookie Monster says I can get 4T for Lucky rewards and 28T for Frenzy if I had 282T in the bank. 28 would be nice I guess.

Once you've gotten all the upgrades and most of the achievements you'll get many hundreds of trillions for frenzy luckies. I really want to get another click frenzy as the only two I had were back to back in the middle of my reset at ~5-10 condensers so while incredibly helpful to getting me to overseers, they weren't particularly impressive absolute amounts of cookies. They're really sweet though.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Irish Taxi Driver posted:

People will eat each other if theres an achievement for it.

I literally just put someone in my trunk so I can do this when I get home. It'll be awarded retroactively right? :ohdear:

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Bought my 98th condenser before coming to work, will be back up over lucky frenzy by the time I get home. Hopefully I get enough good cookies to buy 99/100 tonight. Should I go ahead and reset after that or would it be better to sit and wait for dungeons while I still have crazy income? I have no idea how soon they'll be hitting main or if it even matters when you have a bunch of HC.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

tractor fanatic posted:

Despite all the fun new upgrades, the nerf to Kitten Overseers still went through, and they're at .2 now :(

Was just about to ask, thanks for that. I REALLY gotta get those last two condensers now.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Semisponge posted:

Ack I refreshed my page and now my cursors are gone, I guess because I have particles off. I don't care about the other changes but that one bothers me :(

Huh buying cursors doesn't cause my computer to hiccup anymore, though, so that's good.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Senor Candle posted:

Ohhh nooooooooooo
EDIT: It's borked for me too.

Note to self: don't refresh.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Honestly the question for red and gold is harder since cookie chains can break and really comes down to do the changes make red cookies better than gold cookies. I don't care nearly enough to figure out all the probabilities involved.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Andy Waltfeld posted:

I've always found the Sated vs. Rampant debate to be solved by whether or not you bother keeping around the bank necessary to maximize Frenzy-Lucky yield.

If you do, Pledges are more effective because Frenzies only occur from Gold Cookies.
If you don't, Wrath Cookies are more effective because the boost from an Elder Frenzy doesn't care what your current bank is (and tends to be about 90% of an immediate Frenzy-Lucky payout), and you won't have enough cookies on-hand to feel the full brunt of Ruin anyway.

Covenant of course is always awful; never Covenant except for one last cheevo when you get fed up with your run and decide it's time to reset for HCs.

No reason not to bank it.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Uh so I decided to try my hand at red cookies and the 4th one was a cookie chain and yeah I just made my last AC + the upgrade and a couple of the 25% cookies. Hot drat that is nice. The meantime is kinda boring because you basically lose all the cookies you earn in between to clots and ruins but :stare: that was a shitload of cookie.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
FWIW, cookie clicker has been showing up in the PYF weird fanart thread recently and some of it is excellent. Japan (and by extension pixiv) has discovered clicking the cookie.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Gilg posted:

One could also save before clicking a red cookie and then reload if it is a bad result. Not that any upstanding cookie-clickers in this thread would ever do that, of course.

Orteil was smart and knew you would try this, so the game autosaves as part of the clicking on red/golden cookie process.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Klayboxx posted:

I really like how the screen 'feels' now that there is a a soothing orange pool instead of a harsh red.

It's actually kinda pleasing to the eye.

What if...

What if he tried cookies in orange juice and it's actually really good?

What if he's trying to show us the way with a game about clicking cookies to true cookie enlightenment?

The cookie gospel :pray:

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Maybe he just wants everyone to give blood? Maybe that's what the grandmas eat.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Man I reset last night and this morning I just bought the chocolate heart motif cookie (have kittens already). I only have ~380 HC and it's just crazy how fast you get back up to speed.

I like to do the shadow achievements whenever possible so I did speed and hardcore, both of which were pretty easy. I'm pretty sure the speed baking will eventually become a regular achievement which is part of why I like to do them early: more OJ for my cookie machine.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
There needs to be SOME kind of challenge or it's just no fun. I do love the one cursor giving sextillions of cps though.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Monkey Fracas posted:

Before you know it you're doing... unspeakable things for that next hit of sweet sweet increased cps.

But everyone knows that cheated cookies taste awful, and that glitched cookies are probably completely devoid of flavor at best.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
^^I think you need cookie monster. Go find the script real fast and paste it into your url.

AnonSpore posted:

I just realized, the golden grandmas? Read the description. They don't bake cookies. They get turned into cookies. :stonk:

It's pretty efficient, really. And you probably don't care what happens to them anyways. We know you sold them <:mad:>

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
I think it's also worth saying especially early farms are really really good at getting you off the ground, especially now. They're no longer outclassed by mines from the word go.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

I think this was linked in the last couple of pages, but nonetheless is a pretty awesome use of Makey Makey.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

blahshi posted:

I'm on my first run and have 20 quadrillion in hand, with 74 condensers bought, should I bother getting to 100 condensers on this run, or is resetting the better advantage?

No don't get 100 ON the first run. I was gonna and I reset and man that was a good idea.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Well, I'm really seeing the effects of these chips now. I have to keep 11 quad around just to get my lucky/frenzies and I got to 100 condensers and the upgrade awfully fast. I don't think I'll ever get to sextillion fingers but I really want to see how good it is before I reset. I guess I'll just see if I can do that with what I have banked when I get home today before I reset.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Yeah gently caress it then. I think I'm gonna go with an earlier poster's advice and just start resetting every time I've doubled my all time forfeited cookies.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

MooCowlian posted:

I guess I'm good to do my first reset at 127 chips then? I can't be bothered to go for the last 18 condensers yet. Maybe I'll grab the last few grandmas up to 200.

I reset right around that much. I got to 100 condensers on the following run, and in hindsight should have just reset again around 300 and done it that way.

When I get home today I should be at about 600. At what point do you start getting back to 100 condensers + upgrade in a dayish? It took me 3 days this time around at 400.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Sindai posted:

Around 500 for me. That's clicking most golden cookies and saving up for lucky and frenzied lucky at the right times though.

Well I spend about 16 hours working or sleeping and that's all idle time, and I'll reset right when I get home and kind of power through it for a while. If I'm derping and watching a show or something I'll get most of the cookies, but a lot of times I'm playing dota or cooking or going to the store or something else.

I mean cookies are important but I'm not THAT far gone yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Sindai posted:

I use cookie monster so it's possible to do other things without missing many golden cookies.

Yeah I do too. I just oftentimes get wrapped up doing other things and unlike what feels like most goons these days I only have one monitor. I'll get a second when I upgrade again but for now anything full screen means no cookies.

• Locked thread