Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

brother-joseph posted:

Saw this unit card template online and thought it was hideous so I redid it and now I want to print it out for all my morats.

Care to share the template file?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

brother-joseph posted:

You bet!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw9CBzbsWzn7aVA4cG5VVmNQSzg/view?usp=sharing

Still hunting for high quality (or really anything but lovely-cell-phone-photo-taken-in-a-dark-room-quality) concept art if anyone has ideas. I think it would really improve the look a lot.

This is perfect for me, I am going to replace the unit pictures with my own painted miniatures.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
So, with the opening of a new store here in town, we have around 12 people that want to start an Infinity group. To go along with that I also want to make a small demo board that is easily moved around and can be put away at the store. Something good for showing the basics of the game and introducing new players.

What is the smallest I can get away with? Im thinking a 2' x 2' with some fixed terrain is about as small as I can really get it to show off the game and how its basic systems work, Thoughts?

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
I know the full N3 book is out (I have that already) but I misplaces my print one from the two player box, is there a pdf somewhere I can get? I want to use them for demo games.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Yeah thats the full rule book. I cant find the stripped down one either.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
If I just stick to the rules that pertain to the figures that come in the box, do you think that would be fine? I myself haven't even learned how to play yet.

Suggestions on how I should make the lists from the two player box? Like which figures from each side should be the LT

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jan 24, 2015

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Flipswitch posted:

Generally I've been using the ORC/Mobile Brigada as the Lts, it shows off the fancy Lt order and gets the big stompy dudes to get stuck in and involved. I usually let the players know they can opt for the other minis that can legally be the Lt (Fusiliers or the Alguacils) if they want to hide the Lt too and let them decide.

Plus that shouldn't be an issue of sticking to those rules. I'll track down my Icestorm rulebook and I might spend an evening scanning it to make a PDF. Don't CB have any quick start rules at all digitally? or only those little print out booklets?

They have a page on their site that is "quick start rules" but its very basic, and isn't for Icestorm specifically.

http://www.infinitythegame.com/start.php

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Mr.Booger posted:

I am MAR, so my lt was pretty obvious, sogarat with HMG on a building behind a barrier. He moves his impetuous dudes, no AROs, then the next model he moves in his lt moves between two buildings. he thought he was clear of Lof, but I could see basically the entire model because of the angle, he got cover as it was about 20% obscured by the first building which he was hugging. One lucky shot took him out. then the fuerbach REM pounded 5 orders worth of shots into the sogarat :P

Shouldn't you have dodged and moved away after the first couple of shots?

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Its not possible to run a Yu Jing all motorcycle list is it? I was looking and I think the best I can get is like 158 points.

code:
	ASUKA KISARAGI		0	27
	ARAGOTO	Lieutenant	0	24
	ARAGOTO	Spitfire	1	26
	ARAGOTO	Spitfire	1	26
	ARAGOTO	Hacker	        0.5	30
	YOJIMBO		        0	21
154pts.. dissapointing, I want a 300 point Japanese motorcycle gang :(

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Feb 2, 2015

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Flipswitch posted:

Sorry I meant the FAQ which will eventually be an errata. That's my bad.

Basically the order from the CB website went up this morning and they sold out within 20 minutes, during which the website itself locked out due to traffic. I know we sold ours (FSG) within an hour and I only got mine by them keeping a pre-order aside for me until I got in to pay for it.

tldr people are complaining that they didn't get on the earlier orders and waited for CBs last minute pre-order and then missed out by the traffic stalling out the website.

I've got 5 copies on preorder through my distributor, I'll be happy too hook some goons up for retail + shipping.

Whats the deal with Shasvastii? are their sculpts changing? they seem hard to get a hold of.

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Feb 2, 2015

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
The new style for the Pano Fus are pretty awesome. though now I feel like my old ones suck.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Does anyone know of a resource for making custom unit cards? for doing demos at the store id like to print out a card for each figure, and fill its image with an actual picture of my painted figures. I could have sworn someone made a general use template at one time but ill be damned if I can find it.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
What happened to this tag in Infinity N3?

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
I got a list question... Ok, other than OMG this is crazy why would you do this!? ITs a huge gimmic but I like making "fun" lists and people will probably hate playing against it. any thoughts on this? What would your impressions of sitting across from it be?

Combined Hungry Army
Combined Army | 37 models

Combat Group #1
Anathematic Lieutenant (82|0)
Speculo Killer (35|1)
Noctifer Hacker (32|0.5)
Ikadron (9|0)
Ikadron (9|0)
Gaki AP CCW (4|0)
Gaki AP CCW (4|0)
Combat Group #2
Gaki AP CCW (4|0)
Gaki AP CCW (4|0)
Gaki AP CCW (4|0)
Gaki AP CCW (4|0)
Gaki AP CCW (4|0)
Gaki AP CCW (4|0)
Gaki AP CCW (4|0)
Gaki AP CCW (4|0)
Gaki AP CCW (4|0)
Gaki AP CCW (4|0)
Combat Group #3
Gaki AP CCW (4|0)
Gaki AP CCW (4|0)
Gaki AP CCW (4|0)
Gaki AP CCW (4|0)
Gaki AP CCW (4|0)
Gaki AP CCW (4|0)
Gaki AP CCW (4|0)
Gaki AP CCW (4|0)
Gaki AP CCW (4|0)
Gaki AP CCW (4|0)
Combat Group #4
Gaki AP CCW (4|0)
Gaki AP CCW (4|0)
Gaki AP CCW (4|0)
Gaki AP CCW (4|0)
Gaki AP CCW (4|0)
Gaki AP CCW (4|0)
Gaki AP CCW (4|0)
Gaki AP CCW (4|0)
Gaki AP CCW (4|0)
Gaki AP CCW (4|0)

295/300 points | 1.5/6 swc
open with Aleph Toolbox : direct link

and no, I don't have a problem buying and painting all these figures just for something fun to field.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

adhuin posted:

It will probably be the longest first turn followed by very short 2nd and 3rd turns.

Adding Impetuous Smoke Grenade-dudes (daturazi/Oznat) might protect them on your turn, but you'd still need to add regular orders for them to reach the enemy. Currently they get 2 orders each, which doesn't get them anywhere.

It shouldn't take longer than two turns to get into range, they are 6-6, meaning that they could easily moving 24 inches a turn (Impetious move-move, irregular move-move) they also have Climbing Plus which means they can go right over walls and buildings easily enough.

Suppressive fire is nice and all, but I dont see how you will kill 32 figures before they are on top of you and hitting with CC 19, DM 14 with AP. Also when they die, they have explode 1. Not to mention if youw ant to go suppressive, its a full order.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

osirisisdead posted:

That list, and that kind of thinking, is 'hams thinking and fundamentally misses how Infinity is played. Why don't you play some 5 vs. 5 starter games to start to see how the game actually plays before posting troll lists, then you might actually trick some people into engaging with your idiocy.

I'm sorry for asking? You should probably go outside and take in some fresh air.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Where can I find the human sphere and paradiso n3 errata?

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Awesome, thanks. Last question, we don't have any organised play around here for Infinity, but a lot of people are interested. I want to run a slow-grow learning league and get things rolling, is there a recommended set of rules / structure for this? Ive done some net searching and seen several but don't know whats the best to use. Any help would be great.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

DJ Dizzy posted:

How do you roll crit then?

when your stat is above 20, rolling a 20 is a crit, to my understanding.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Does anyone have the buildings and container boxes from op icestorm on had? id like the dimensions, all if mine are at the shop.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Rules question, if a cc weapon has Dual Action (meaning it hits twice) and poison, do you have to make the poison check for both of the hits? If it were to hit both times that is.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

JoshTheStampede posted:

No, the example for Poison is a DA/Poison weapon and the victim, hit once, needs to make two Armor rolls and one BTS roll.

Thanks, I didnt see that example.

Do PanO Auxbots provide orders? or is it just 1 for the Auxilia and their bot? Im assuming its just one, but I fail to see the benefit of auxili spam then.

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Mar 19, 2015

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Does anyone know what the actual dimensions of the N3 silhouettes are? Ive been searching the net for them and cant find any specific numbers. I see I can print the templates but I want to laser cut some, which mean I need the dimensions.

By pulling the PDF in illustrator and measuring I get

S1 25x25
S2 25x40
S3 40x32
S4 55x32
S5 40x45
S6 40x55
S7 55x67

Does this sound right?

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Mar 27, 2015

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Flipswitch posted:

The list is (courtesy of IJW), bit unsure on the S4 one, but there really, really should have been a list of this in the rulebook.
S1 25x25
S2 25x40
S3 40x32
S4 40x40?
S5 55x32
S6 40x60
S7 55x67
S8 70x70

If these are right then the ones in their printable pdf on the official website are way off.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
I submit my meager skills to the thread.

I'm not rally happy with my painting so c&c is welcome.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Rules question, does Auto Medkit and/or Combat Jump trigger ARO?

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Corbeau posted:

Yes, both of them do.

Thanks.

I am planning a static board, it will be 2x2 foot sections that go together in a specific way, the clutter will be lose so that that part of it can be different every game. I need some opinions on layout.

Im planning to make some roofs accessible, and some upper floors will be enterable, nothing on lower floors will be accessible however. Im looking for feedback on the basic shape and layout from people who are more familiar with the game than i am. Thanks.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

osirisisdead posted:

There are the concrete changes that I would make.

The one guy I've played that had a similar setup used an interesting idea. He had static streets built up on a very thick pink foam board in two 2x4 sections and you could pull some panels to reveal some drainage ditch looking spaces that had bridges running over them and then he had a bunch of multi story buildings that he could scatter as needed. It's an impressive terrain board.

Thanks Ill try this out, the cylinders are actually units for scale, the small one is S2, the mid an S4 and the big an S7

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
I got a couple questions.

Rolling for Initiative / Deployment:
The way we interpreted it, was that there is a F2F WIP roll for Lts. The winner chooses if they want to pick deployment or initiative.

The player which gets to pick initiative makes that decision
The player with deployment picks a table side and who deploys first.

Burst weapons with Fire:
When getting a crit with a fire weapon, you cause a wound then autimatically make another ARM roll. What happens if your burst 2, one is a hit one is a crit? The crit auto causes a wound, do you make the ARM roll against the fire, or the regular hit first? the fire rules state that when you pass an ARM roll you stop making fire ARM rolls, so I assume you make the Fire auto hit first, and keep rolling that until you pass, then you make the second hit from the burst hit.

Last question, how is our table layout looking?

Everyone in my area is very new to Infinity so that is the reason for all the questions.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

osirisisdead posted:

You have two hits. So you take one auto wound and start rolling to see how many more you take from the fire for the first hit. Then you roll for the second hit and then do the fire thing again.

Alright, then is this the same with an explosive weapon with fire / poision.

Its only 1 attack that causes 3 hits. The wording for Fire / poision is that you only make those per attack, not per hit.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Question on Templates and ARM rolls, for say, Chain Rile, and Flame thrower, you get Cover +3 ARM if the cover is between you and the origin of the template right? Providing your touching that cover of course.

Nevermind, found it on pg 35. in a big red box.

IMPORTANT!
Troopers affected by a Template Weapon cannot benefit from the
+3 MOD to ARM/BTS for Partial Cover.

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Apr 2, 2015

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Does anyone know if Aleph toolbox will be updated? I'm still noticing the occasional error with profiles. I dont really like Army 5, mostly because of the list print out. That and Army 5 is down :|

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
What figure is that supposed to be? I can tell its a PanO heavy of some kind.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Pierzak posted:

Aquila Guard HMG resculpt.

awesome! that is so much better looking.

Rules question, when dodging, can you go off a building or other elevated position?

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

LumberingTroll posted:

Rules question, when dodging, can you go off a building or other elevated position?

Also, is there a range on Ghost: Synchronized? If there is I have not seen it anywhere.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

JoshTheStampede posted:

Pretty sure it's zone of control. It's ghost:servant that has no range limit.

Where does its say this? I cant find it anywhere, I've searched Human Sphere and the wiki.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Well drat guess I didnt look hard enough...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
What was the outcome on the discussion of betting +1 burst to throwing smoke grenades from a link/fire team?

• Locked thread