Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

stabbington posted:

3rd ed interview info

I love that this is happening at the same time 40K players are losing their poo poo about the still unconfirmed rumor of 7th edition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Fix posted:

Indeed it was. Relevant post found. Thanks!

What can I do ya for?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Fix posted:

Just looking for the fogless glue you used and to see where you got your discs. We've got a fab shop opening in town pretty soon, so your explanatory post was pretty much exactly what I needed.

The glue is a gel that you need to glop on and then wipe up what squeezes out of the sides. Plan on ruining your first 3-8 disks than you should be good. 3mm Plexiglas is entirely adequate but you can go thicker.

If you need any other tips feel free to ask.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Pierzak posted:

So, what exactly is that glue? I'm doing some hex status tokens and will probably need that stuff.

Other than a gloopy gel glue called Aleene's Glass & Bead adhesive I can't really say. But it works great if you use it between a clear part and a printed part.

E: don't use goof-off to clean them I have had them develop hairline cracks after using it.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

WAR FOOT posted:

Hey, Badass Parachute Werewolf IS French. Frenchmans also get the MANaconda.

It's more a trend I notice amongst Ariadna players that favor Ruskies. A Bolt Action army but with Infinity rules!

e: It's just a personal taste thing really. I don't get the appeal of modern military units when there's such a spread to choose from!

MANaconda is not a term I was to GIS at work; so what it?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Laphroaig posted:

Also you guys were not kidding about how much of a hassle assembling these tiny metal mans can be. I love the level of detail but I absolutely need to learn how to greenstuff or I am going to be constantly worried that pieces will fall off.

Don't forget to pin stuff as well. Greenstuff is useful, but pinning is essential.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Flipswitch posted:

It's a starter box!

After the Deadzone success by Mantic, they may have decided to follow suit.

LumberingTroll posted:

It also implies that 3rd edition is in it. I wonder how far out we are? My small local group is waiting on 3rd edition to really start playing.

Same here. I want to try to start games locally but figured I'd wait for 3rd ed to drop first.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

bhsman posted:

Any chances that they will use plastic models for this?

For sake of keeping the costs low I'd say they might be plastic, but CB seems fairly intent on staying with metal, so who knows?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

WAR FOOT posted:

Dakini got nothin' on Ekdromoi wings.

gently caress Ekdromoi wings.

e: welp one of the little vents is lost to the carpet gods now

It may be overkill but locksmiths use a thing called a pinning mat to stop from losing fiddle little parts when working.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Odd question, but if I was making a $300(not points) list for Haqqislam, what would be a solid starter roster?

E: USD and msrp , not discounted.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jun 30, 2014

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Sneaky Homunculus posted:

First question is what models do you like the looks of in the range, and then we can help you from there. Are you new to the game? Do you all ready have an army of another faction? Are you familiar with Haqq's play style?

Like the looks of? All of them except the Maghariba Guard and the Kameel Remotes; but if they play well I wouldn't avoid picking them up.

I am not totally new. I have loads of Ariadna and just got a pile of Pan-O from another goon.

I am not at all familiar with Haqq's play style.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

James Woods posted:

Hasassin Starter Pack $41.99
Muyib Box Set $31.99
Hasassin Farzan $10.99
Sekban Box Set $31.99
Mutawaiah Box Set $31.99
Druze Box Set $31.99
Druze Spitfire $10.99
Scarface & Cordelia $46.99
Yuan Yuan $17.99

TOTAL $256.91

These can be used to make these two completely separate secorial lists. And by completely separate I mean no model overlap so these two lists can play each other. So you can imagine the flexibility you have with these models to build a vanilla Haqqislam force.

-snip-

If you want more flexibility for a vanilla list get the Haqqislam Starter box or if you want something fun and flashy get the new Kum Bikers Box Set. Or you can paypal me the extra $43 as a finders fee. Let your conscience decide.

Aces, thanks very much, I genuinely appreciate the input.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jul 2, 2014

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

ShineDog posted:

So how much can you actually get away with? I'm going to be in possession of the Deadzone base set and the deadzone terrain booster, then after than it's cardboard boxes and cans of coke for silos.

Go here

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Genghis Cohen posted:

Apparently that is a special edition Neoterran Bolt. The weird-looking blob is supposed to be some sort of launched mine which they will have access to under the new rules. Personally I hope they're not all strange animal-faced things. Bakunin is bad enough, we don't need any more silly cutesy robots.

But they are so kawaii!!!!!:nyoron:

Sorry I meant, but they are so kawaii, :barf:

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Pierzak posted:

The official Infinity forums will disappear soon, so if you need something from there, like old painting/modeling/rules threads, be sure to grab it.

How the hell do you "grab" the whole Arcologies section?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Pierzak posted:

Did that a few months ago when they announced the cull of advertising/trading threads. I used one of those apps that download a whole website as a browsable copy. 1.5+ GB and everything I checked seems to be there, images and all.

And that app was?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Genghis Cohen posted:

Am I the only one who actually really dislikes 'themed' dice where one of the symbols is a little hieroglyph? I always have to ask my opponents if it's the top or bottom score. I dunno, it just seems a bit simpler to use numbers. Obviously 'simple' is a weird thing to chase while playing a game with 3 rulebooks, but hey.

I agree. I don't hate them, but asking: "Is that a 6 or a 1?" seems to defeat the purpose of dice.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

New Antipode Assault Pack https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOR0v2mHXTs

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Fix posted:

It's just him fumbling it when he drags it off his belt or whatever while on the run. It's 30 scale feet, which, y'know, I guess if it gets a good bounce and roll...

If you've ever dropped a part while modeling, this distance seems nearly accurate.

*drops miniature's backpack, only to find it across the room*

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Just a heads-up, MayaNet Version 1.2 available in The App Store

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Acceptableloss posted:

Is that just for tablets? Just looked on my iPhone and I don't see it.

Sorry, it is tablet only. For phones you need to use Aleph Tool box (I think).

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Pierzak posted:

That one's for Android, there's another builder for iphones. Forgot the name though.

I've forgotten as well... One exists though.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I finally remembered, Ops Infinity is the iOS phone app.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ops-infinity-edition/id640441223?mt=8

Not as good as MayaNet, but you take what you can get.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Kaneda!!!!!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

JoshTheStampede posted:

Infinity Colossals, you heard it here first. 120mm bases.

Is that new model too big for cover? Sweet. (Entire army unloads on colossal).

Hopefully these are just art pieces like the Bootlegs and not intended for the game.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Can someone post a link to the Ekdromi? GIS doesn't help and I'm not sure which model it is.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I posted this in the Infinity Forums and have gotten an OK response but I thought I'd ask here too.

There are two game stores in town, neither play Infinity and only one carries Infinity and their stock is shrinking as nobody plays so they don't restock.

What is the best way to go about starting game play? Are there any solid tutorials I can point to or use to tailor my demos? What has worked for you when you tried to start Infinity in your area?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Thanks for the advice everybody. While I don't think I'll be picking up ice storm, I will try to get the books from it to run some demo stuff. I have a pile of Ariadna painted already, and I have PanO on deck so I should be good for starter armies.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Chill la Chill posted:

Why is there no anime dog in my anime game? Give me an anime dog. Anime dogs own. Doges are acceptable.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

People, unlike miniatures move and therefore fill a space larger than their silhouette does, so I don't have an issue with the cylinder solution even if it is a little arbitrary and basic.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

What is the price at the warstore?

E: $65, why is it at the bottom of the page? Grrrrr....

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Serotonin posted:

275 pages of rules. loving hell. That doesnt bode well for clarity and complexity surely.
And that price. FFFFFFFF

What's wrong with the price? $65 for the only book(s) you'll need; no army books, no data slates. It isn't cheap, but it isn't criminal.

Can't really comment on the rules clarity though.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Serotonin posted:

Its massively expensive compared to similar rule books. Wamrachine is £20 in softback RRP, Malifaux £28 rrp, Infinity 3rd edition is £50 rrp. Nice big coffee table style hardback historical rule books such as Black Powder or Bolt action (that might be softback) are only £25.
I get at this point it will be the only book you need (until the next book) but its still double the price of its competitors. I think it will put people off big time.

I guess you are right. Having just shed GW as my primary table top war game, any pricing seems reasonable.

But as stated above, you will still probably be able to get the rules for free online.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

JoshTheStampede posted:

GW core rule books are like 80 bucks or so, and that is one of several books you need to buy to play the game. Model stats aren't free, and are often split over multiple books. 65 bucks once per edition is not even close to that. And as someone else said, you don't even need to buy it to play. It's a complete optional luxury, the equivalent of collectors editions of other games.

And don't forget, GW luxury editions are well above the $80 you mentioned.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdZl_r_cI_U&t=1099s

The US Ariadna look good, but I don't think that the faction will sell as well in America as they are hoping.

Hey Haqqislam players:

23:14
Absolute confirmation that the rules will still be free online.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Oct 13, 2014

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Latest video: Templates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFiSKfRIvLI

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

brother-joseph posted:

So I JUST recently started playing Infinity and I am seriously digging it. I went with the Morat Aggression starter because I think the models are glorious.

My question for you vets may be difficult to answer really, but here goes. I love the new morat models, and I think a lot of the old ones really suck in comparison. I'm expanding my collection via the new line of morats first, but there are a lot of units I'd like that aren't redone yet.

Based on your experience, would you say any of the older models are going to be redone in the near future? I guess what I'm trying to decide is whether to
A - wait it out a few months since some people seem to assume they're all getting redone
B - just buy all the old models now because it's going to be a really long time before they get new minis
C - shut up and start collecting vanilla CA or some other faction

Proxy until the new models drop. If you wait you could be waiting months.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Would Saga fit the bill? It's not really fantasy, but the "powers" that the battle boards give you aren't really historical either.

Anglo Saxons
Vikings
Irish

Battle Report

I have a set of Normans and Vikings that my group scaled down to 6mm for cost savings and transportability. You can go 6mm, 10mm or the standard 28mm. 28mm isn't bad as you can get lots of plastic historical kits for cheap and your army will typically top out at 25-35 minis for 4 point games and 30-45 minis for 6 point games.

Some pics of my 6mm Normans (which I have since completed).

10 Crossbowmen
10 Spearmen
10 Archers
11 Cavalry
1 Long house
4 Pit houses

I have scaled the system from inches to centimeters for sake of expediency. The typical playing area is 48"x36" which for me would be 48cmX36cm.

I opted to go for a slightly larger board because I could.

To measure distance for movement and shooting I made this

Very short=2cm Short=4cm Medium=6cm Long=12cm

Foot troops move medium

So they can't reach these mounted troops

Cavalry move Long

So they can easily reach the spearmen.

Dirt Worshipper has a Viking force at 28mm.

Just a suggestion.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

And an ammo video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-vWQmalcss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Suck it xenos! Humans, abhumans, and protohumans only!

• Locked thread