Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Pierzak posted:

The 40k thread is over there.

VVV: Yaozao, I choose you! :japan:

To be honest, I never really loved the inclusion of aliens in Infinity. Future global factions that kick each others asses always seemed like enough to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

LumberingTroll posted:

This image is a repost but I am looking for game specific feedback.

This is one of my lasercut building floors,

Here is a shot with more floors, they all lift off each other for easy access. and obviously Im not done painting them.

Should work well enough for Infinity right?
I know I've shown them before in their fresh cut state but I want to make sure the design is good before I call it done.

Also any thoughts on color scheme would be great, the one with off-white paneling is the direction I am planning to go with all of them.

You might consider adding window lintels and ledges to give them a little more depth, but I wouldn't say you have to add them.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

HiveCommander posted:

Colours aren't fluro enough. You can never have too much fluro in Infinity. Get some lime green, sky blue or hot pink on it. Preferably all three :v:
The buildings look good, but I was semi-serious about the paint thing. I feel the buildings could do with a brighter/lighter palette to fit the normal Infinity aesthetic, but that's just the opinion of a random internet nerd who has no idea what sort of paint scheme you have for your models or other terrain, so this could very well be fitting with what you have for all I know.

In other news, I just moved to Perth (the one in Australia, not Scotland) and it turns out my housemate is the English editor for Infinity. No, he won't tell me any spoilers (I asked him already).

Spoilers be damned, get him to talk to CB headquarters and have them support the oath thread again!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

HiveCommander posted:

They used to do that? That's pretty cool actually, though I'm not surprised since hearing they sent a bunch of prize-fodder for one of WAR FOOT's tournaments. I'll see what I can do

Yeah if you look here http://archives.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3547161#post415016296 you can see last years thread. krushgroove is still running it this year as well, but apparently the contact person used previously has moved on from CB and so we lost a sponsor.

I know their inclusion as a sponsor gave me a real incentive to paint Infinity minis from month to month.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Tomorrow is the last day for preorder correct?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Infinity the RPG? No thanks.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Stolen from the Infinity Forums

This thread could be titled as: "How to make a balanced table for Infinity" or "How much terrain do I need for Infinity".

Infinity is a Sci Fi Skirmish game usually played in 4x4 boards. The usual 10-16 miniatures face each other using guns and rifles, close combat happens but it is not the usual way to defeat your enemy.

Sniper rifles and HMGs have great distance modifiers, in order to make battles more interesting you will need terrain, terrain that blocks lines of fire.

This is an Empty Board. An Infinity battle in this board wouldn't be very interesting.

Snipers and HMGs will probably become killing machines and the rest of the troops would probably die without any significative role in the battle.

This would be an Open Ground Board. It has just a few pieces of terrain. Big enough to block line of fire.

With 8 pieces of terrain you can have a decent battle. I would say that the minimum height required would be like 4 inches, enough to hide a normal miniature from any attack.

The we have a properly dense table here:

The thing with this table is that it is very symmetric and that is not interesting. If the table has a symmetric display of terrain, the decission between having the first turn or choosing where to deploy have not the same tactical value.
Your enemy will probably have a deployment area as good as yours, that is not cool.

So this non-symmetric board would be a very interesting Infinity table:

Look at the red zone, it has a Sniper Tower, more density of terrain, more buildings or your troops to have cover and defend your area.
The blue zone has some big empty spaces there, if their impetuous troops try to advance, they will be easily exposed to your lines of fire.
Choosing between having the first turn or deploying in the red zone are now both good tactical decissions, that is cool.

As an Infinity veteran player, I would recommend to think about these images when making your Infinity board.

Of course you can use anything as terrain, even the Infinity boxes or cereal cardboard boxes, whatever. The looks of the table depend of how much time and how much money are you willing to spend on it.

And if you can stomach Beasts of War this video is useful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSFhJnbuUAA&t=62s

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Infinity: Haqqislam - Ghazi Muttawi'ah Unit Box $18.00 at Miniature Market. Free shipping at $99 spent.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Not me, not my stuff, but it's an OK deal. Link to Reddit

Hi,
I have the following lot up for sale of Haqq stuff. I'd prefer to sell it as a lot. You PayPal me first, then I send. All models are primed white on Secret Weapon Miniatures bases. I didn't figure the bases into the cost, a bonus to you. I will not ship outside the lower 48 USA.
al hawwa hacker
bashi bazouk boarding shotgun
bashi bazouk combi rifle emauler
Daylami Panzerfaust
djanbazan hacker
djanbazan sniper
Ghulam Doctor
ghulam rifle shotgun
Hafza rifle
hassassin fiday
hassassin heavy rocket launcher
hassassin lasiq viral sniper
hassassin rifle + gl
Hunzakut Sniper Rifle
Jannisarries AP Rifle
kameel remote evo repeater
kameel remote
kum motorized troop (old model)
Kum motorized (old model)
magharhiba guard
naffatun heavy flame thrower
Naffatun Rifle
najjuran engineer
Nasmats eng and doc
taureg hacker
Retail is ~330, I'm asking for $175. $10 to ship.
Album showing models here:
http://imgur.com/a/XLHwc

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Don't hate it, but don't love it enough to pick it up. Will use my SAS models to proxy.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Wasn't the release date for N3 December 8th?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

JoshTheStampede posted:

N3 book is in my hands, suckers!

Ask me anything!

Are the covers as floppy and poo poo as they look in the pictures?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

JoshTheStampede posted:

They are softcovers, but sturdy ones, and both sides have flaps to use as bookmarks. It's high laminate material, so it looks like it would be tough to rip. The binding might fail with a lot of use but the covers themselves wont.

That's good to hear.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Infeckt posted:

So my N3 books will be here monday, but my icestorm comission won't be done for about another month. Would it be better to dive right into the new books while I wait, or hide them and start with the Icestorm guides when it comes in?

dive right into the new books

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

The Dark Project posted:

It's hilarious how on the infinity forums in the USAriadna thread the guys are constantly asking for USAriadna to be come kind of "hoo-ah" impressive force with great equipment and weapons, stetson hats, dusters and higher tech than the rest of Ariadna. It's constantly pointed out that the US is no longer top dog and the best there is militarily, but there are some guys who just keep on wanting to be the best in the game, while being in the lowest tech faction there is.

If you aren't playing Ariadna for the Russian bad asses, the insane Scots, and the French wolf men; I think you might be better off playing Ambush Alley.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

So pre-order the rules and they manage to release them online before I get them? That is a bit lovely.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Swagger Dagger posted:

The rules have always been free online, I'm not sure how the mail to you being slow is really a big deal. You're paying for a physical copy, fluff book and model, not exclusivity.

That's why I said "A bit lovely" instead of.

"WHAAAA, WHERE IS MY BOOK? CORVUS BELI IS poo poo I HATE THEM! gently caress THIS GAME, gently caress EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!1!!1" Like a typical gamer rear end in a top hat.

I'm not mad, just a tiny bit perturbed.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Pierzak posted:

Heads up, the official marker file has been updated with dropship templates and large/huge camo markers. I assume that's a pretty definitive clarification of when we're supposed to know their silhouettes.

Link for the lazy/incompetent?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

rakonline posted:

I'm not entirely sure, I will look at what the troops in those boxes do.

Warhammer 40k he played eldar and had tendency towards vehicles and/or heavy weapons a lot. OverPowered special characters were always an interest as well.

Pan-O is the most likely candidate.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Is there a definitive set of measurements for the s1-s8 silhouettes? I know they have printable templates and there are retail versions, but if I'm making my own what sizes are they, does this sizing include the height of the models base?

I found this:

http://www.data-sphere.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2236

S5: Big Guys, 40 mm wide and roughly 45 mm tall S3: Remotes, 40 mm wide and roughly 30 mm tall
S6: Mini TAGs, 40 mm wide and roughly 50 mm tall
S7: TAGs, 55 mm wide and roughly 66 mm tall S4: Combat Remotes, 55 mm wide and roughly 30 mm tall
S2: Humans, 25 mm wide and roughly 36 mm tall S1: Servants, 25 mm wide and roughly 24 mm tall

But wanted a more authoritative resource before I made them.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Where does it expressly say that you use the larger camo markers? I'm not disputing it, I just can't find it.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Signal posted:

Alright, did some finishing work to make it look a bit better. Is there a good place to host stuff in PDF format that doesn't require a login?

http://imgur.com/4fGzuKo

Box.com will let people access the pdf easily, but you will need to make an account to up load it.

Just set the share option to "Anyone that has the link"

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Comrade Merf posted:

Is it supposed to ask for a login?

He forgot to set the share option to, anyone with the link. Will be fixed soon I guess. Box is good once it becomes habit to use it the way you want it to function.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

dimi posted:

Depends if you're for or against imo.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Does anyone care at all about the RPG? I hope it won't distract the team from the table top game too much.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Possibly a good deal on Reddit

Infinity The Game lot, including Haqqislam Starter Pack and lots of Combined Army Force, [W] $, [LOC] Illinois, USA

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

That will also be the third Galwegian resculpt, while I'm not upset, I don't see the point.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

WAR FOOT posted:

I used to think I was actually really loving awful at Infinity, because I played (and lost) to him far more than anyone else.

Then I went to CanCon and finished third overall because of all my agony.

Still don't understand it.

Train hard fight easy, train easy fight hard.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Corbeau posted:

Since nobody has posted the full thing here yet:

Gotta catch 'em all! Also, every Scottish movie character ever. :v:

I can only identify 2.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

TheKingslayer posted:

Some of the guys at my FLGS are looking to pick up Infinity and I'm personally interested in Haqqislam. Mainly the Hassassin Bahram. How retarded would I be to just start with that?

It's fine since you will buy every model within a six month span anyway.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Flipswitch posted:

croc mate!!!

I kind of love this. No clue if the troop is useful at all, but they have done a good job making this model.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Pyrolocutus posted:

With USAridna coming, I decided to take a look at the Aridna gallery on the CB website. Then I saw the Caledonian volunteers two-pack. What the hell, CB :catstare:

It was a long time ago, they were a younger and more foolish company back then. They don't make minis like that anymore (well not many).

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I am getting worried that Space Americans won't suck.

I don't need to buy more minis dammit!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Verr posted:

Haha, think they'll make a reveal on the 4th?

Of course they are

Because CB understands marketing, unlike that AoS dreck that is also coming out on the 4th for no real reason.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Hipster Occultist posted:

Where's the cheapest place for someone like myself (Canadian) to grab the box set and Van Zant? gently caress if I'm paying the Euro conversion.

http://www.meeplemart.com/store/c/149-Infinity.aspx?Attribs=58 possibly?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Pyrolocutus posted:

Van Zant is apparently CB-exclusive though. Man, I like how he looks, maybe I'll just order USAriadna through MSG and then do a small buy through CB's shop.

The rulebook preorder included a mini no matter where you got it from, so I assumed all preorders of USAriadna would be the same. I could be wrong.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Swagger Dagger posted:

Van Zant is the GenCon exclusive model they're selling this year, he's not in the USAriadna box.

There's going to be a wide-release of his resculpt later in the year, though, so I'd wait on that unless you really want VZ right this second.

I'm going to Gencon. I may just snag him for the hell of it.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Can do. You are in Canada if I remember correctly, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Deviant posted:

Is anyone going to be at Gencon? I'm unsure if i should try to pack/fly with my army.

I will be, but I'm working so I won't be bringing much.

• Locked thread