Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
If they don't release a rifle Chasseur standalone or boxed outside the Ariadna starter I will be very miffed. The Merovingian starter is horrible, and doesn't even have one! :argh: I just want more than one of the most cost-effective skirmishers in the game in my list :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

EonBlueApoc posted:

I needed more metros as well as another chasseur model, so I bought the HaqqIslam starter. Painted right the Ghulams make good Metros and the Hunzakut makes an excellent chasseur.

I also wanted Zouaves that weren't the sapper models (before they released one) and got the Halqa pair.

Good models, no regrets.

That's loving brilliant! I already collect Haqq, so this is the perfect compromise! Thanks, dude!

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Flipswitch posted:

It even looks better than the current one!

Let's not say things we can't take back, now. There's no need for that.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
Squalo being that horrible Armored Cav, right? I'm so sorry, Flipswitch. :(

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Pierzak posted:

Also:
multi rifles

Nnnnnnnnngh. No. If used correctly, multi rifles are really good. It's what marks the difference between good and great players in my meta, the ability to use multis correctly.

Basically: :frogout:

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
Link teams of Lasiqs are baller as gently caress, but are a terrifying prospect to face on their own as well. I prefer rifles over the sniper version, but for a "gently caress you PanO/Aleph"-type list of Vanilla Haqq, I'd go with two rifles and a sniper, for a total of three Lasiqs. Seasoned with a naffatun or two and some ghulams, add Djanbazan to taste.

I'll see if I can whip up some lists in a little bit.

Multi rifles are useful when you know you're in a position to take advantage of the different ammo types. It takes a certain "fingerspitzgefühl" that I personally lack. So my argument remains:
:frogout: Pz. :colbert:

Condoleezza Nice! fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Sep 24, 2013

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Tardscream posted:

You can only take two lasiqs in vanilla Haqq thank christ.

Multi-rifles are cool while ordinary sniper rifles are not so much. DA and AP ammo :coolfish:

Right. Sorry. Drinking and thinking up lists while unable to read up on rules is a bad idea. :downs:

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
Considering that you're supposed to measure from the middle off the base, how the gently caress does that work with base extensions like that?

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
I have already sold and thrown away all my GW stuff, apart from some Fantasy-stuff to make dnd characters for friends.

Warhams takes too long to prepare and play, and when I do play, I don't find it fun. Not so with infinity!

On a somewhat unrelated note, my Ragiks are always murdered almost instantly when they arrive on the board. :negative:

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

DJ Dizzy posted:

Corregidor :words:

Why have you split your mans into separate combat groups?

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

DJ Dizzy posted:

Oh, I thought that was how you made link teams :shobon:

Hey, no worries, we're all friends here!

You see, combat groups each have their own order pools, and are a different beast altogether to link-teams. I think (not going to bother checking) you need a separate Lt. per combat group. And Hortism is right, you wouldn't want more than one combat group unless you're fielding a whole hell of a lot of guys.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
Naffatun are straight up retardedly good, and played right, that Haqq list will slaughter the Pano. Either swap them out or give the pano something roughly equal. Naffatun are really cheap for what they do.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
Yeah, it's pretty cool that way.

Over here our meta is pretty devoid of link teams for some reason, which means most people over here are unable to respond properly to my linked Muyibs. Allah ackbar!

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
Svalarheima units are really popular in Oslo, Norway. I can't imagine why. :v:

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
gently caress me, that Spetznaz! Welp, back to my Ariadna force. :negative:

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

bhsman posted:

Is there a historical reason for their emblem literally being the same as Batman? Not that I'm complaining... :allears:

Look at the emblem for Spetsnaz GRU:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spetsnaz_GRU

I'm phone posting, otherwise I'd just rehost the image.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
Indolent Bastard, I think.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

WAR FOOT posted:

Ariadna is the most polarizing faction as far as aesthetics go. Either you want to play Infinity but you would prefer to use your Bolt Action mans, or you prefer badass space parachutist werewolves with crazy kilt mans rapelling down walls with sniper rifles that can kill almost anything.

I don't want to say there's a wrong way to play tactical man dolls but the first way is the wrong way.

:frogout:

No but really, :getout:
I want to play my French mans, leave me alone.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Pierzak posted:

You'll never be alone, you bandwagon jumper :v:

Bbbut my frogs :qq:

WAR FOOT posted:

Hey, Badass Parachute Werewolf IS French. Frenchmans also get the MANaconda.

It's more a trend I notice amongst Ariadna players that favor Ruskies. A Bolt Action army but with Infinity rules!

e: It's just a personal taste thing really. I don't get the appeal of modern military units when there's such a spread to choose from!

I know what you mean. I play Merovingia for Chasseur minelayer madness and Loup Garous personally, but I kinda want the MANaconda. Maybe later. I also play Haqq though, so I get both semi-modern and futuristic soldiers!

I like the gritty underdog aesthetic, not so much the werewolf thing. Much like how many Nomad players stay away from their furries. [citation needed]

Condoleezza Nice! fucked around with this message at 14:43 on May 7, 2014

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

WAR FOOT posted:

Our Nomad player runs the Chimeras and Pupniks as often as possible, as they advance up the table he mutters 'yiff yiff yiff...'

It's wargaming psychological warfare taken to a whole new level.

:staredog:

Adjust the setting for maximum prejudice :commissar:

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

WAR FOOT posted:

Without fail, it results in most his opponents spending bullets on one point models. :v:

That fact didn't even register. It would definitely work on me :shepicide:

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Not a viking posted:

Holy crap, deciding on which faction to pick is hard! I can't decide between shasvastii, kazaks, ISS, ALEPH or nomads (non-furry sectorial) :(

I think I need to see if there are actual players in my area first.

Check 2d6.no, I know there are some Infinity players on there. I'm currently on hiatus for reasons of "I don't have anywhere to paint or play", and am located in Oslo, otherwise I'd love to show you the ropes. :norway:

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
Work is slow as gently caress today, so I am suddenly in the early stages of planning out a real terrain board for my group. How big should a real Infinity board be? I forget. I also really don't want to go to the official forums. Thanks in advance!

Edit: 4' x 4' sounds about perfect, considering that's what I already have to work with, table-wise.

Condoleezza Nice! fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Jul 14, 2014

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
Why is the beret marking over the ear of that Fusilier? God drat it CB. It's supposed to be located over the eyes, usually the left eye. :commissar:

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

FFFffffffffuck! :flashfap:

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
How are Ariadna and Nomads the "strongest"? By what metric?

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
Yes hello hi

I play Ariadna and I am terrible
Merovingia 4 lyfe

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
Lasiqs rifle link team is hilarious and terrifying. :colbert:

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Corbeau posted:

If Lasiqs get Haris I will literally squee with excitement.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
Anyone know of a good and fast website that delivers to Northern Europe? My local distributor has nothing I want, and ordering from CB directly takes an age to get here.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Flipswitch posted:

https://www.firestormgames.co.uk.

It's a plug because it's my FLGS but they are great.

Awesome, I'll give them a shot.

VVVVVV I don't know, their website is a loving mess, and I can't tell what I'm buying because they don't tell you which pack of Muyibs or whatever you are buying when they are using the same image and text for two different items.

Condoleezza Nice! fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jul 25, 2015

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
I'm working on a Hassassin Bahram list, and I need help.

Here's what I'm working from:

Hassassin Bahram
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

Group 1 10 0 0
MUYIB Lieutenant Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher (Normal and Smoke Ammo.) / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 22)
MUYIB Rifle + Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 24)
MUYIB (Minelayer) Rifle + Light Shotgun, D.E.P. Viral Mines / Pistol, Knife. (24)
MUYIB (Minelayer) Rifle + Light Shotgun, D.E.P. E/Mauler / Pistol, Knife. (23)
LASIQ Viral Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (26)
LASIQ Viral Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (26)
RAGIK Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, CCW. (0.5 | 32)
RAGIK Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, CCW. (26)
FIDAY Boarding Shotgun, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW, Knife. (29)
FARZAN (Chain of Command) Boarding Shotgun, Contender / Pistol, Knife. (31)

Group 2 2 0 0
GHULAM HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 20)
GHULAM Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (12)

3.5 SWC | 295 Points

Open with Army 5

Any suggestions on what to cut/change to make it a) viable and b) functional for ITS?
Never really played Hassassin Bahram at 300 points, or 300 points ITS games, for that matter.

Note: The Farzan and Fiday stay. This is non-negotiable.

E: I love Muyibs

Condoleezza Nice! fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jul 25, 2015

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
It's going to piss my Pano buddy off endlessly when I use mine as a proxy Asawira. :agesilaus:

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Pierzak posted:

Make sure to paint her in Haqq colors. I'm painting my Sygmaa in studio Tohaa colors to troll artichokes :v:

Ehh my Haqq are kinda blueish white and red. Good on you for trolling grognards! :respek:

Condoleezza Nice! fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jul 25, 2015

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Pierzak posted:

Gel superglue helps a lot with joint strength.
And for EI's sake,wash the minis beforehand! It does make a noticeable difference.

Wash as in actual soap water, or just water? I've just been "washing" my minis in water and then brushing them off with a toothbrush, then rinsing them.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
Nice Ghulam, dude!

Since you've inspired me, have two in-progress shots of my Joan, who will proxy as an Asawira.

And my Lasiq sniper:

They don't look as pink in person.

E: Oh yeah, I'm going to try freehanding the Asawira insignia on Joan's white shoulder. :shepicide:

For reference:

Condoleezza Nice! fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jul 27, 2015

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Corbeau posted:

Man, must be painting day. I just finished most of the details on another Teuton this afternoon. I'd take pics but all I have handy is a cell phone camera and that never ends well.

Do it anyway. Mine are taken with my iphone.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
Hey Chance, mind sharing some tips for painting good looking blonde hair? That Uxia looks great!

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Chance II posted:

Its hard to tell in my terrible resolution pics but I basecoat with Reaper's Palomino gold (its a light brownish yellow), then mix a little bit of yellow into the Palomino gold for the highlight with a little Tusk Ivory for extreme highlights. Straight yellow just looks like a bad wig even with my admittedly cartoonish painting style.

Awesome, and thanks for telling me exactly what Palomino gold looks like, I'm grateful. I can't easily acquire Reaper paints in my area any more, so knowing what to look for is supremely helpful.

In other news: I'm killing myself over how I'm going to paint Joan's face. :suicide:
I promise to post some good quality photos when I'm done, as I don't think I have ever painted something to the standard she's currently at. Pushin' boundaries! :iia:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
Muyibs. You don't have to go whole-hog and buy one of each, but you really should get one with a Spitfire.
E: The Muyib with Spitfire might not be as terrifying as a loving airdropped Spitfire, but the Muyib with Spitfire has an X-visor, which lessens or outright removes the penalties for firing outside your range. It's loving baller as hell.

But then again, why not grab both? :getin:

You also really want a Lasiq sniper. They are monsters.

...Can you tell I'm a Hassassin player? :v:

Condoleezza Nice! fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jul 29, 2015

• Locked thread