Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alokgen
Aug 14, 2005

Are you saying I'm a sinner?

Just bought my first starter, Tohaa. Ready to learn a bunch of complicated rules and have a good time getting poo poo on. Wish me luck, dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alokgen
Aug 14, 2005

I'm looking to get into the game starting with PanO's MO sect. Would you recommend getting the MO starter? I have the LE Joan from Angel's painting book that is like to eventually build a list around.

Alokgen
Aug 14, 2005

I painted a think thinking I wanted to play Military Orders, but ended up with the USARF box. Expect some 'Merica soon.

Alokgen
Aug 14, 2005

I know infinity is kind of hard to talk about in generalizations, but can someone tell me about running a Seraph? I'm a new player starting MO and aim to build the Joan pain train with de fersen and 3 hospitaler knights, but curious how different a list would look with the Seraph ND how differently it would play. The 5 man link is tons of points invested in few models. The Seraph is tons of points invested in one model. Can you see uses for the Seraph?

Alokgen
Aug 14, 2005

Clawtopsy posted:

As a new player, I would not start with a TAG. Honestly, I'd probably try and limit how much I use expensive pieces - When I was first learning the game (Back when ALEPH was new), I discovered that an over reliance on single models can take ages to unlearn. All TAGs are a degree of useful, with some (Marut, Cutters) being more useful than others. A single piece like that in the hands of a competent player can devastate a game state. The flip side to this is that until you understand order efficiency and can map out a whole turn in advance regardless of what your opponent puts on the table, a big, pricey unit is more a liability than boon.

e: I cannot stress how important it is to not learn the game with Rambo tools

Thats just like, your opinion man.

Alokgen
Aug 14, 2005

I was just asking how 1 big expensive tag plays differently than 1 big expensive link. They're both lots of points for a small amount of models and both seem to rely on lots of cheap orders. You can probably (I'm making an assumption here) rambo Joan or De Fersen as much as you can a tag. Conceptually they seem similar in those aspects. I appreciate the new player advise on holding off on certain models, but I don't think my original question really warranted, "you're new don't buy this thing you might be interested in".

Alokgen
Aug 14, 2005

I wasn't trying to be aggressive when responding, but I don't think I ever even really said I wanted to buy a tag. I was just trying to suss out what/where the variety is in MO. Most of what I've read and batreps I've watched usually follow the trend of Joan + De Fersen + 3 Hospitalers and a bunch of cheap bros. Never seen or heard anyone really talking about the Seraph, Crusaders, or Sepulchre Knights. All of which I think look rad as heck, but HI links are so expensive and have some pretty mandatory support, I don't yet know how to run cool models that retain some level of cohesion and functionality.

Alokgen
Aug 14, 2005

Cross posting from the painting thread.

Alokgen posted:

Getting the PanO hype train going with an Order Sergeant. It's been a month at least since I've painted anything. Got lots of improving to do still.

My camera washed out my reds a bit. Oh well~

Alokgen
Aug 14, 2005

Crosspostin' again

Alokgen posted:

Trying to get 1 model a week painted. I'm 2 for 2. Looking forward to next week. Here is week 2's mini.

Alokgen
Aug 14, 2005

why did they just put an 25mm base on their heads?

Alokgen
Aug 14, 2005

Still haven't gotten a real game in yet, but does't stop me from cross posting.

Alokgen posted:

4th mini this month for me. It feels pretty good. Going to try to keep it going.

Still need to pick out a small detail on the gun, but calling it done for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alokgen
Aug 14, 2005

Pidgin Englishman posted:

That's your 4th for the month? drat, It looks great!

In that time i've gotten about 1/3rd the way through a single intruder..

I've been doing 1 mini a week for 4 weeks straight, so I guess 4th for the month is misleading.

• Locked thread