Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Oh my gently caress those look good. Definitely getting some of them. Doesn't hurt that the rules are great for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Acceptableloss posted:

a model trying to drop a grenade at its own feet somehow scattering it 9" behind themselves.

I love the idea of a guy just getting it out and just going whooooops as it flies off 30ft behind him

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Cross posting this proposal for UK goons sharing the cost of shipping some gaming mats from the US:

ineptmule posted:

So I saw a link to these gaming mats on facebook. Unfortunately they cost almost as much to ship to the UK as the mats themselves cost.

Would any UK based goons (South-East preferably I suppose for distribution logistics) be interested in sharing the cost of a 4-pack shipping deal? It works out at $40 shipping per mat rather than $70 if shipping singly.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Oh my gently caress that looks amazing. Looks like they're not going into full scale production after the kickstarter though :(

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
I was just thinking the same thing. Very nice.

Edit: I just caved and ordered Operation: Ice Storm. I needed something to get me back into Infinity and the sexy new models sucked me in. Also it's two whole new factions - just what I needed

yaaaaaaaaaay....

Squibsy fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Aug 19, 2014

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
I can't say whether they are stronger or weaker than Ariadna, but let's just say that if you're the sort of guy that doesn't like desert ninjas then HaqqIslam isn't for you. You weirdo.

Squibsy fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Aug 19, 2014

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
I dunno, I've won against Genghis Cohen a couple of times with them and I hardly feel like I've pinned them down.

I think both times I won it was with Qapu Khalqi though, which is a significantly different beast, and a whole lot more straightforward.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Yeah, the new morats a absolutely amazing. I find myself sorely tempted to pick them up, even though having just bought Icestorm it will mean the only factions I won't have are Ariadna and Tohaa...

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
For those who have Ice Storm - roughly how big is the box? Compare it to, say, a 40K battleforce. I have to go and pick mine up on Thursday and I want to take a bag big enough to fit it in.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
The new book is available from Dark Sphere for £36. It's a discounted price so obviously your point about the RRP is still valid, but you can snag it for a lot closer to the other prices quoted.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
It's the future bro

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Pierzak posted:

Are we doing the beret derail thing again? :can:

Have a (beretless) new Tokusetsu instead:

That hat makes her look like one of the Pokemon player characters.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Corbeau posted:

Yup, buyin' it.

Unf. Dem combat alien hips.

Edit: Or perhaps, alien combat hips.

Edit 2: It's ok to be aroused by an alien, right, guys? Guys?

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
That Tiger Soldier looks seriously awesome. gently caress.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Wow those are nice. Definitely backing that.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Have ALEPH shotguns always looked like that? I'm not sure any of mine have that weapon. Looks gnarly.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
I like all these new sculpts. The Naffatun in particular are super rad. I like that they have gear that looks substantially different to other Haqq infantry, and appropriate to flamethrower dudes.

Edit: also great that there are four of them now. I always wanted more of these guys.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
I'm not even sure I can claim to play this game anymore. My last game was against Genghis Cohen, like two years ago?

But gently caress do I want all of these new models.

Are these ALEPH 'NCOs' for Steel Phalanx or are they available to Vanilla? They look like Devas.

Edit: The only faction I have no interest in is Ariadna, but even that resolve is crumbling with the Antipodes/Dog Warriors, Wulvers, Highlanders and Spetsnaz.

Squibsy fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jun 2, 2015

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Bbbbut I'm spending all my nerd time on Necromunda!

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
The lack of a campaign* is what will stop my group getting into this. I just know it. Some of them have expressed an interest in playing the odd game here or there however.

* I know that 'campaigns' do exist but my peeps are firmly in the Necro/GoMo/Mordheim mindset of levelling up every dude and tooling them up.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Don't get me wrong, I loved infinity when I used to play it. One of these days :)

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Unf. Good to see your models again PV.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
That looks amazing Zandris. Could you explain the construction process?

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Z the IVth posted:

It's actually absurdly simple, and it really looks a lot better than the regular 'flat' battlemats

Base was 12" cork floor tiles. I bought these at Wickes (UK home improvement/builder's merchant) - GBP8.99 for a pack of 9
The foam was regular craft foam with a adhesive backing. - Hobbycraft sells these at GBP0.80 per A4 sheet
A4 label paper was generic brand from Staples - GBP14.99 for 100 sheets

I got the texture off someone on Data Sphere - it's a 4x4 foot square meant to be sent for banner printing. I rotated it (the original texture had the roads parallel to the board edges, and I wanted them diagonal) and divided a single 2'x2' section into 6" squares

I print 1 square per A4 paper, and cut them out. I sliced the roads out separately from the pavements. Pavements are stuck on the foam, which is then stuck to cork. The roads are stuck directly to the cork. It can get a bit fiddly to align everything, but I discovered that if there's any big gaps, I could just print off a 'patch' from that area which will blend in almost seamlessly.

Took about 1 hour for that 1'x1' piece. Now only 3 more to go for a basic board.

Awesome. Thanks mate, I'm going to have to try this!

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Hortism posted:

Picked up a box of Kuang Shi on a whim, and while they look pretty neat, I've been using Monks as my quick and dirty horde model as they come with the bonus of having smoke grenades.

Is there any situation where they're preferable? I guess they can provide regular orders, but with impetuous, I'm thinking they're still going to die too quickly to supply those for long. I like the monks since I basically get two orders on them to just lay down some smoke and cause a bit of a distraction as they zip up the board. Dogged sounds cool, and I've been hosed by cheap dogged chain riflers before, but I really like smoke in an army that has plenty of MSRV options. I don't think I'd ever run both since there's just too much poo poo to keep a track of.

The Kuang Shi also explode. If that doesn't float your boat then I don't know what to tell you.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Corbeau posted:

Welp, pack it in. Back to wondering why this box was necessary.

Because... because it looks loving rad?

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Holy shitfuck that Su Jian is absolutely incredible. I have been barely keeping an eye on Infinity for about a year but Christ the new models are nice.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
This is a bit of a long shot I expect but I've essentially decided that if I get back into Infinity I want to do so with the epically amazing new sculpts. This means I have a fair chunk of four factions which are all older sculpts that I can't bring myself to use when the new versions are so much nicer.

Will anyone be wanting to buy the older ones? I'd be surprised but you never know...

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Yeah I figured part two of this conversation would involve some detail. I'll get a list put together and some pictures.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

richyp posted:

Cross-posting from painting thread. My CA starter box from the miniaturemarket.com sale arrived over the weekend so I painted up the Umbra

Gorgeous :swoon:

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
That boss as gently caress Druze hacker has reminded me that I have the 4-man Druze set. Which factions can use them best these days? Still QK? I'd have thought Nomads could have a fluff reason for getting some of them on board.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
A proper new release cycle of the Vedic ALEPH units would 100% get me back into buying stuff for this game. gently caress the Greeks, they're boring anyway.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
The Onyx set looks amazing. It just might tempt me back to Infinity...

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
I kind of want to play Infinity again. Bit depressed at how all my models from before are now tiny and goofy-looking, but the new stuff is fully sick so I could easily be tempted back. That Corregidor 300pt force looks very cool, only one mini that I dislike (the missile launcher girl) and some that are sweet AF.

Unfortunately none of my regular gaming buddies would be into it (I've tried) and the last pub I met who was an infinity player was a colossal dickbag.

Genghis Cohen come baaaaack to London!

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Yup, I'm North. For the next few months anyway. That would be cool!

Just giving that female Mobile Brigada mini a visor would improve it a hell of a lot. Open face whyyyy?

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Han Feizi posted:

So we just played our 3rd game of the escalation league, and it introduced the joys of hacking. My Alguacil hacker crit her first ever hacking roll. Let's just say my opponent's Tikbalang ended up being the MVP. For both sides. :getin:

This sounds incredibly rad.

My resolve is weakening.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
gently caress me the Igao with spear mini is totally my jam. I have to have that model.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
The more I look at the Tohaa the more the models grow on me. What’s their ‘thing’ in this game and would they be a good faction for a player to pick up to get back into the game after several years out of it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Cheers guys. I may yet manage to control my new minis magpie impulse but who knows???

• Locked thread